Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125022 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 08:59:04 AM

The progress is steady and better than I hoped for. The other half should go even better.

European miners are very ASIC-hungry, as they are also the first ones to get togeather a group-buy for the USB Asic Erupter over here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195037.0. I might do some advertising there since a lot of guys are looking for acctual mining device, not novelty product that it mostly is.

I might also do some more spamming over here to keep our cause in the higher places.

In the meanwhile i became sure too that the batch will become full fast. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kernel32

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

The two Asic preorder groups is what bothers me a little, since it means some other entity could order chips in the meantime and delay our delivery a little. (We would be probably capable to order right away,thanks to the hurry-to-join-before-the-end effect, by merging it somehow.)

I wonder if it would be possible for bitsyncom to ship half of the chips to Germany and half to USA. Or we could take advantage of a local contact to do just that.

I cooperated before (import) with CHINAPARTNER.eu, they would be capable of doing this for us and there sure is a lot of others.

(When I have to choose, I like this group better, because of the closer shipping destanation to both me and burnin.)

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 11:35:57 AM

The two Asic preorder groups is what bothers me a little, since it means some other entity could order chips in the meantime and delay our delivery a little. (We would be probably capable to order right away,thanks to the hurry-to-join-before-the-end effect, by merging it somehow.)

I wonder if it would be possible for bitsyncom to ship half of the chips to Germany and half to USA. Or we could take advantage of a local contact to do just that.

I cooperated before (import) with CHINAPARTNER.eu, they would be capable of doing this for us and there sure is a lot of others.

(When I have to choose, I like this group better, because of the closer shipping destanation to both me and burnin.)

As far as i know the delivery wouldnt delayed when others order before. Avalon is collecting orders for 4 days until they make a big offer at the factory. At least thats what zefir observed.

Kernel32

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:30:50 PM

As far as i know the delivery wouldnt delayed when others order before. Avalon is collecting orders for 4 days until they make a big offer at the factory. At least thats what zefir observed.
Didn't know that.

Is there anyone alse we know of buying Avalon chips besides of the group-buys?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 01:02:01 PM

Didn't know that.

Is there anyone alse we know of buying Avalon chips besides of the group-buys?

There are for sure bigger miners that can afford buying the whole bulk. I dont know a user that claimed to be one buyer...

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:39:25 PM

Mr. SebastianJu,

Would you consider a merged Group Buy? I sent you a PM.

Also see my post in the US thread here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189220.msg2047882#msg2047882

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 03:32:03 PM

Mr. SebastianJu,

Would you consider a merged Group Buy? I sent you a PM.

Also see my post in the US thread here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189220.msg2047882#msg2047882

Ill post about this in your thread...

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:40:30 PM

Hello participants... Dabs, who runs another Groupbuy for Avalon Asic-Chips in asia asks if all groupbuys shouldnt put the orders together to reach the threshold for buying the batch earlier. (10000 chips are needed to order) The advantage is that the batch will be full earlier and can be ordered earlier. The disadvantage is that it will take some days longer until the chips are here with me so i can send them to the buyers. That means longer from the time avalon shipped them. That is because Dabs receives the chips first and sends the chips then to the other both groupbuys. Of course theres dabs to trust besides John, the escrow, then. John itself is an escrow i worked with before and i trust him. He escrowed ALOT bitcoins till now.

At the moment this groupbuy here has the most chips paid. 2998, thats practically 3000. Dabs GB has 200 chips. Im not sure how many chips ragingazn628s groupbuy has. His GB-Address is nearly as full as ours but i dont see a stat about the orders. There is a google docs but the sums doesnt seem to match to the address. Ill ask him via pm about this.

Ill let the GB run as long avalon is selling chips. Its not that we now have to do it the way dabs suggested. But i will offer you this. Let me know what you think about this and if you want to do it this way.

Kernel32

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:20:56 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 09:36:31 AM by Kernel32

Hello participants... Dabs, who runs another Groupbuy for Avalon Asic-Chips in asia asks if all groupbuys shouldnt put the orders together to reach the threshold for buying the batch earlier. (10000 chips are needed to order) ............
I do not like merging under conditions proposed by Dabs and I don't think escrow as proposed is of any help in keeping risks down. It seems to have some imperfections, which undermine the concept of escrowing itself. The way I see it, we would be only increasing the complexity and potentially also risk.

Now, I think we should keep our minds open to cooperation, making it an option, particulary with the US-inital-destination group.

Placing simultaneously two BTC payments could be possible to arrange with BitSyncom. Splitting the delivery into two, when not possible directly by BS, could be done by a widely trusted import/logistics company everyone agrees on.

The main goal should be motivating others to joins us in our investment. It's crucial to keep this simple and make no rash actions.

We'll get there one way or another.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 10:19:43 AM

Hello participants... Dabs, who runs another Groupbuy for Avalon Asic-Chips in asia asks if all groupbuys shouldnt put the orders together to reach the threshold for buying the batch earlier. (10000 chips are needed to order) ............
I do not like merging under conditions proposed by Dabs and I don't think escrow as proposed is of any help in keeping risks down. It seems to have some imperfections, which undermine the concept of escrowing itself. The way I see it, we would be only increasing the complexity and potentially also risk.

Now, I think we should keep our minds open to cooperation, making it an option, particulary with the US-inital-destination group.

Placing simultaneously two BTC payments could be possible to arrange with BitSyncom. Splitting the delivery into two, when not possible directly by BS, could be done by a widely trusted import/logistics company everyone agrees on.

The main goal should be motivating others to joins us in our investment. It's crucial to keep this simple and make no rash actions.

We'll get there one way or another.

Your opinion is consistent with the opinions of other groupbuyers in this groupbuy. And it looks like the other buyers in the other groupbuys arent happy about it too. So it wont happen in the next days. Maybe it will be back on topic if the batch doesnt fill in a certain time again.

For me an escrow in this area only is of very limited use too. If the escrow takes the money, orders, receives the chips and ships the chips to the 3 groupbuys i would see a use at least. But then, like you said, theres probably a logistics company that could do it too.

I already try to keep the thread up without bumping it by checking regularly the new orders and creating a new post (deleting the old forum order-list when it would be 2 posts with lists in a row). This way the thread remains on top and is actual.
In fact i get automatically informed with a soundfile once a transaction came in and has 1 confirmation. Then i have an excel sheet that creates the forums order-table and the header + statustext in the first post automatically after i added the details. So i only need to copy the 3 things in english and german and update both threads. This way the update can be done fast. And the GB is present in english and another languages area.
Im not sure if more can be done. Of course changes in the rules, like sending the chips to another person first, would add new uncertainty too.

Anyway... i will keep this GB open as long as avalon sells the chips so that there is a way to buy these chips not only for big fishs in bitcoin or early adopters.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 11:47:38 AM

I now updated the list of miner-developers, that want to create miners out of avalon asics, because the Klondike-Project from BKKCoins made some new price-tags. There are offers for the pcb only and offers for the pcb with neede parts. DIY of course. I guess in the next months, out of some reason, there will be a higher need for mini-ovens... Smiley (cheap alternative to burn chips on pcbs (if i understood it correctly...))
If someone wants to check out: List of Avalon-Asic-Miner-Developers

szym00

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:25:48 AM

...do you think that 10000 will be reached? :|
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 10:30:47 AM

...do you think that 10000 will be reached? :|

Im very sure. Its not that fast like with zefirs groubuy but its steadily rising. Theres no risk involved. If you dont want to wait longer you can get a refund. I will let this GB run until avalon sells chips. I guess in 6 hours there will come some more orders from asicminer-shareholders, because thats the time when dividends are paid normally.
But the batch will fill for sure. I cant change the speed and wondering about too but it seems it is this way now. Smiley

szym00

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:26:36 PM

...so I understand that if I buy chips I get the documentation and PCB design (gerber files or something). After this I will "just" make the PBC, solder chips plus some resistors, capacitors and connectors (USB, Power) and that is it? There will be no need to program those AVALON chips or other for communication between them and e.g. USB socket? Just simple DIY? Am I right?

I am asking because this is strange for me: "everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design", this '...open source from FPGA...'. What does it mean?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

...so I understand that if I buy chips I get the documentation and PCB design (gerber files or something). After this I will "just" make the PBC, solder chips plus some resistors, capacitors and connectors (USB, Power) and that is it? There will be no need to program those AVALON chips or other for communication between them and e.g. USB socket? Just simple DIY? Am I right?

I am asking because this is strange for me: "everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design", this '...open source from FPGA...'. What does it mean?

Avalon will give out a reference design. Its not sure yet if you simply can work after that scheme to build a miner. But even it not there are multiple other possibilities. Developer that would build a miner out of it or others send you all the part needed so you can build it yourself.

If you want to create your own miner out of your own, you need the plans of course. And software, firmware is needed too. The avalon chips itself dont need programming, but the other chips that use the asics.

Regarding fpga, this probably means they will open all plans as open source. avalon sold fpgas before too.

So in case you cant build a miner on your own theres still the possibiliy to send it to someone that can do it. For example burin. He lives not far from me. I could forward the chips to him and he sends you the miner then.

szym00

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:58:41 PM

Avalon will give out a reference design. Its not sure yet if you simply can work after that scheme to build a miner. But even it not there are multiple other possibilities. Developer that would build a miner out of it or others send you all the part needed so you can build it yourself.

If you want to create your own miner out of your own, you need the plans of course. And software, firmware is needed too. The avalon chips itself dont need programming, but the other chips that use the asics.

Thank you Sebastian for the answer. Regarding building the miner with AVALON's ASIC chips it should be not a problem for me, I am electronics engineer. But I have never touch an FPGA/ASIC before Smiley But that is fine that those chips are ready to use and of course I am expecting that for the basic communication I2C or other there might be some procesor needed e.g. ATmega8.
That is great that there are other developers in this group so we could share problems and solve them if some appears.

So If I get my bitcoins I will add them to the list Smiley
Leapfrogg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:40:47 AM

I am interested in joining this group buy. Probability 20 or 30 chips,

I understand there is a 9-10 week from order to delivery but have any of these previously ordered chips been delivered yet?

Also are there currently any working boards or designs that I can use with the Avalon chips?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:48:34 AM

I am interested in joining this group buy. Probability 20 or 30 chips,

I understand there is a 9-10 week from order to delivery but have any of these previously ordered chips been delivered yet?

Also are there currently any working boards or designs that I can use with the Avalon chips?

The chips can be ordered only for 3 weeks now. So there are no delivered chips yet.

Working boards are a problem because of this. Theoretically working boards maybe, but the tests can only be done once they get some sample chips to create their miner.
Avalon will give out a reference design for free this month too.

Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:00:22 PM

<Reckman>; <60>; <5.16>; <1J66gPNzAYueA5kM8DbSDWnyoS5pXWYddq>
steamboat

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:10:27 PM

almost there  Grin

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: