Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Well? Would ya?
Yes. I'd obey God's word to the letter. - 26 (29.5%)
No. I know better than God. - 62 (70.5%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to?  (Read 9643 times)
Buffer Overflow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:38:22 AM

Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to?
A perfectly valid legit question.

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

That's strange though, why would God do that? It depends on the consequences obviously. You need to mention that.

Who knows. Perhaps the child would grow up to be the next Hitler.

God works in mysterious ways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:53:44 AM

No, I wouldn't. However if he would stole my BTC stash... Wink
Mirconome

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:41:07 PM

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

I would rather try to kill God than to harm my children, I must protect my children.
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:26:52 PM

I would rather try to kill God than to harm my children, I must protect my children.

+1

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this way.

LOL.  I'd kill God first before I would harm any human being.
How do you plan to kill a God if it is not? The clergy say that God speaks through them. So the goal you have another. many people think that sending people to kill only the Muslims, but it is not. Russian clergy also campaigning in churches parishioners to war. All religions are aggressive.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:03:16 PM

That's strange though, why would God do that? It depends on the consequences obviously. You need to mention that.

Who knows. Perhaps the child would grow up to be the next Hitler.

God works in mysterious ways.

Or maybe he will grow up to be the anti-Christ. Try to kill him with blessed daggers but take care that the cops don't shot you before you're able to do it, LOL. Grin
Seccerius

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

No barbaric trials have ever been conducted, and I do not think that for the sake of someone, someone will allow to kill or kill his child himself. It's just stupid legends in which people believe and others use them according to their purpose and discretion.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:22:27 AM

Lol you really think like saying that God would not command that one is a nonsense? Then be more mindful pf your more nonsense question.

Going back if God command that one i would not kill my chidren yet if he wants to get them i would not hesitate to give them on his hand
BTC STRATEGIST

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:46:07 AM

Just only you can ask any question does not mean that you must ask it ? It will only give some scope to extremist elements in society. Just look inside are you trying to create an environment where sick people can find excuses for their highest crime which is hurting someone.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:45:15 AM

Well my opinion is that i would never do something like that. Because if God commanded me, that means i heard his voice or something like that. In that case that would mean that i am mentally ill and that i need medical help, because if person hear and see something that only he can hear than its for medical help XD .
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:14:40 PM

Well my opinion is that i would never do something like that. Because if God commanded me, that means i heard his voice or something like that. In that case that would mean that i am mentally ill and that i need medical help, because if person hear and see something that only he can hear than its for medical help XD .

I don't think that you will be mentally ill if you hear God's voice.
In such case, all saints and holy mans from the history, including Jesus, st. Francis etc. was mentally ill and crazy.
I don't think so.
Crazy people don't hear voices from god but from evil spirits.
It's very difficult to deal with it if people are emotionally unstable.
So, if you hear voice and command to kill your own child, first try to find out who is talking with you.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:02:46 PM

Well think about it. If a certain god actually had the time to ask this if you, just to see if you're obedient to him or not, I don't think it would be worth it. I'd say no. There are many things happening in this world that require more attention and I think a god who would think of having sacrifices would be a bit egoistic.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:04:02 AM

Its the hardest things decision to be made into our lives to kill our own blood, our own child/children.
But if God is really talking to you it is still prevail that we need to obey God's world.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:30:49 AM

No i would never do that,rather i would die saving my children.It is my own blood and how the hell God can command me to kill my son?
Would God kill his children if he had too?no He would not because he loves his children so do I.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 05:07:51 AM

Any god fearing person knows that a message like that only comes from the devil. Your OP is hilarious in that you attempt to silence anyone who would share a reason why they answer "no".

In fact, this has me wondering - what's the name of your messenger from god? There's only three or so answers to that question...and your answer could imply your thinking on this question.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:26:20 AM

I don't think that you will be mentally ill if you hear God's voice.
In such case, all saints and holy mans from the history, including Jesus, st. Francis etc. was mentally ill and crazy.
I don't think so.
Crazy people don't hear voices from god but from evil spirits.
It's very difficult to deal with it if people are emotionally unstable.
So, if you hear voice and command to kill your own child, first try to find out who is talking with you.
Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that God does not speak to us directly. But true deeds and situations. And how can you be sure that even if it is possible that God will speak and can speak to you, how can you be sure that its God, and not some evil spirit pretending to be God? Mentally ill person will always say that he is sane and that it is not his fault for something he done, that "God" or "evil spirits" told him to do this or that....
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:20:39 AM

+1

You atheists have very funny way of thinking how this universe works. I am amused. Thank you.

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring. Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

You can rest assured, that his existence is not tied to your desire to "kill him". In fact, he loves you none the less.
craked5

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

You atheists have very funny way of thinking how this universe works. I am amused. Thank you.

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring.
Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

You can rest assured, that his existence is not tied to your desire to "kill him". In fact, he loves you none the less.

what?
"Then God said, “Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains there. I will tell you which mountain.”"

That's right here in the Bible man.

And I agree, if God asked me that, I would make it like I'm going to kill my son, and at the last moment BAM! A big knife in the allmighty! Cheesy
Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:50:05 PM

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring.
Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

what?
"Then God said, “Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains there. I will tell you which mountain.”"

That's right here in the Bible man.

And I agree, if God asked me that, I would make it like I'm going to kill my son, and at the last moment BAM! A big knife in the allmighty! Cheesy
And that he had a knife. He's immortal. God can only be killed in the minds of those who believe in it. I've heard a few cases where crazy maniacs killing people only because I heard a voice in my head. It seems to me that everyone who hears the voices in my head lunatics and no matter is the voice of God or someone else.
Buffer Overflow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:57:08 PM

+1

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley

craked5

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:00:25 PM

+1

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley

Yeah but I said it did.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+22&version=ERV

Abraham and Isaac? Anyone?
Doesn't ring a bell?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: