Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729068 times)
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:08:44 PM

We use a retarget all 2016 blocks.

16,421,575 BTC
16,419,171 BTX
But it wasn't always like this, was it? The difficulty used to be different for each block before? Why was it changed to every 2016 blocks? The diff quadrupled to 736 starting from block 12096, and most miners left. I thought this kind of re-target mechanism is archaic and no one uses it anymore (because miners leave as soon as an increase like this happens)... why did BTX suddenly switch to this "every 2016 blocks" re-targeting?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltsBoom

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:52:24 PM

Which exact procedure do you follow to split your coins to different addresses? I mean, how do you chose from which address you are taking them off in the same wallet?
If you are running a Qt wallet enable coin control features by going to Settings then Options in the pull down. Then check the box for Enable Coin Control Features in the wallet tab.  This should make it a little easier.

now i'm worried I didn't do it right.

I just created new receiving addresses and split my coins amongst them.

Does this still work for the coin drops?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
meskiuka7

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:14:54 PM

Time to quit this coin, mining direct BTC with my GTX 1070 rig more profitable then this now,

So bye bye Hash rate to bitcore.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

Which exact procedure do you follow to split your coins to different addresses? I mean, how do you chose from which address you are taking them off in the same wallet?
If you are running a Qt wallet enable coin control features by going to Settings then Options in the pull down. Then check the box for Enable Coin Control Features in the wallet tab.  This should make it a little easier.

Thanks, I have followed your instructions and I have managed to send half of the coins of address A to address B in the same wallet. The problem is that if I now check address A on Bitcore Blockchain explorer it apparenly contains no coins any more, while the total amount in the wallet is still correct. I have checked all addresses of the wallet on explorer, but the coins which were in address A are nowhere to be found, even though they didn't disappear from the total balance of the wallet. Bitcore Blockchain explorer however still gives me the old rank of that address, so perhaps it does not work properly? Any ideas about this magic occurence?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:32:54 PM

If you are running a Qt wallet enable coin control features by going to Settings then Options in the pull down. Then check the box for Enable Coin Control Features in the wallet tab.  This should make it a little easier.

Thanks, I have followed your instructions and I have managed to send half of the coins of address A to address B in the same wallet. The problem is that if I now check address A on Bitcore Blockchain explorer it apparenly contains no coins any more, while the total amount in the wallet is still correct. I have checked all addresses of the wallet on explorer, but the coins which were in address A are nowhere to be found, even though they didn't disappear from the total balance of the wallet. Bitcore Blockchain explorer however still gives me the old rank of that address, so perhaps it does not work properly? Any ideas about this magic occurence?

Enable coin control. You will find that your change went to a new address that you also control. You should also be able to see this new address on the block explorer.
metamorphin
Legendary

Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:37:52 PM

We use a retarget all 2016 blocks.

16,421,575 BTC
16,419,171 BTX
But it wasn't always like this, was it? The difficulty used to be different for each block before? Why was it changed to every 2016 blocks? The diff quadrupled to 736 starting from block 12096, and most miners left. I thought this kind of re-target mechanism is archaic and no one uses it anymore (because miners leave as soon as an increase like this happens)... why did BTX suddenly switch to this "every 2016 blocks" re-targeting?

Wacko, we are thankful for every critical posting.
Even we cannot know the Hole Grail for cryptocurrencies as general. The best thing we can do, and this is the mission of Bitcore too, is, that we experiment with many options. To retarget every 2016 blocks is our belief to bring the BTX as close as possible to the BTC chain. You know, BitCore is here to experiment with the newest stuff from bitcoin team without a long wait for consens what happened in bitcoin.

But the best way is, to chat with us in our slack. We already have over 140 members there. So chill in our slack and we talk. :-)

Greetz
Steve
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:39:06 PM

Time to quit this coin, mining direct BTC with my GTX 1070 rig more profitable then this now,

So bye bye Hash rate to bitcore.

Thanks for ur support with ur mining in the important first time of the birth of bitcore. Have a nice day.

Greetz
Steve
bobq

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

If you are running a Qt wallet enable coin control features by going to Settings then Options in the pull down. Then check the box for Enable Coin Control Features in the wallet tab.  This should make it a little easier.

Enable coin control. You will find that your change went to a new address that you also control. You should also be able to see this new address on the block explorer.

I have checked on block explorer all my listed receiving addresses, but I didn't find the change coins - can there be an unlisted address in wallet?

metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:50:54 PM

I have checked on block explorer all my listed receiving addresses, but I didn't find the change coins - can there be an unlisted address in wallet?

remember for the confirmations of your transaction. wait few conf, it will showing up. by the way, the explorer needs its time to calculate with every new block.

Greetz
Steve
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:54:58 PM

Does enabling coin control allow you to choose which accounts you can send from? When sending you can choose an account address to receive but it does not tell you which account the coins are leaving. Does coin control solve this problem? Would be great to know, dont wanna dip too low for certain accounts
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:00:52 PM

Does enabling coin control allow you to choose which accounts you can send from? When sending you can choose an account address to receive but it does not tell you which account the coins are leaving. Does coin control solve this problem? Would be great to know, dont wanna dip too low for certain accounts

Yes, coin control lets you pick what addresses to send from. It lets you get down to the individual "inputs" if you want.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:06:52 PM

Yes, coin control lets you pick what addresses to send from. It lets you get down to the individual "inputs" if you want.

Ah kk, I see that messing around with it now. Thats just brilliant! In the end for the top 1000 addresses its about the total amount in that address correct? I ask because some of my wallets have more 3-7 transactions and I do not want it to be the highest transaction amount that counts but rather the cumulative total of BTX in each account.
wacko
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:43:48 PM

Even we cannot know the Hole Grail for cryptocurrencies as general. The best thing we can do, and this is the mission of Bitcore too, is, that we experiment with many options. To retarget every 2016 blocks is our belief to bring the BTX as close as possible to the BTC chain. You know, BitCore is here to experiment with the newest stuff from bitcoin team without a long wait for consens what happened in bitcoin.
But BTC and BTX mining is very different — both in hardware used and the kind of people involved. I'm just curious what was the reason behind the change from "re-target every block" to "re-target every 2016 blocks"? If it was like this from the start (every 2016 blocks) then I would probably not even think about it. But it was working fine for some time, and then someone decided that it's a good idea to make diff adjustment every 2016 blocks. I'm trying to understand the logic behind this decision. I suppose it's not like someone just "flipped a switch" out of boredom? There was some thinking before making the change? I'm simply curious about the thought process of the person(s) responsible for this change.
But the best way is, to chat with us in our slack. We already have over 140 members there. So chill in our slack and we talk. :-)
Best for whom?  Smiley There's more than 1 million users registered in this forum. And god knows how many different alt currencies are out there. Bitcointalk forum is the first place people go to when looking for information about BTC and alts.. spreading it all over some small slack channels instead doesn't seem like a good idea, at least from the average user's perspective.
bobq

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:16:58 PM

remember for the confirmations of your transaction. wait few conf, it will showing up. by the way, the explorer needs its time to calculate with every new block.

Greetz
Steve

A few hours have passed and nothing has changed. None of the receive addresses in my wallet seem to contain those coins, according to block explorer...

CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:34:32 PM

Richlist on Blockexplorer is showing only until position 500, how can you see until position 1000?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:39:58 PM

Ah kk, I see that messing around with it now. Thats just brilliant! In the end for the top 1000 addresses its about the total amount in that address correct? I ask because some of my wallets have more 3-7 transactions and I do not want it to be the highest transaction amount that counts but rather the cumulative total of BTX in each account.
Yes, it's the total in a particular address. I use the list mode rather than the tree mode and arrange all the inputs by address to get an idea of what addresses have what. The tree mode is all messed up in my wallet.

Richlist on Blockexplorer is showing only until position 500, how can you see until position 1000?

You copy your address and paste it into the search field on the block explorer. The result will tell you your rank. Unfortunately. the block explorer doesn't update this statistic every block. The last update was block 12405 which was over 60 blocks ago.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:54:09 PM

Yes, it's the total in a particular address. I use the list mode rather than the tree mode and arrange all the inputs by address to get an idea of what addresses have what. The tree mode is all messed up in my wallet.

You copy your address and paste it into the search field on the block explorer. The result will tell you your rank. Unfortunately. the block explorer doesn't update this statistic every block. The last update was block 12405 which was over 60 blocks ago.

Yes, I've noticed that I couldn't get any ranking for several hours now. This makes this airdrop a kind of poker game, where you can't see the cards any more (not even yours) and you have to stretch your imagination... Smiley
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 10:04:36 PM

Yes, I've noticed that I couldn't get any ranking for several hours now. This makes this airdrop a kind of poker game, where you can't see the cards any more (not even yours) and you have to stretch your imagination... Smiley

the one will say pokergame...the others will say its fun and we love surprises!

Greetz
Steve
CryptoRobert

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:34:48 PM

the one will say pokergame...the others will say its fun and we love surprises!

Greetz
Steve

I didn't mean to say I'm not having fun Smiley
By the way, is there any clue on when exactly (or even approximately) will happen the snapshot? In Europe it's already monday...
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:08:15 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 05:47:40 AM by Mrbates

Peculiar so I split my coins amongst a few addresses, and when searching for them it shows them being rank ____ as of last night (18 hours ago) however they don't actually show correctly on the rich list - Well don't show that they even exist.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/address.dws?16RfanC1go88oTrdeGVseWH1CtXEkPzKaD.htm  

#168, doesn't show in the rich list at all.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/address.dws?15N9Bmgezsq6AA1VAsXnTQVd6jcpjroDMp.htm

#46 same thing as well.  D: damn rich list never updates lol.
Edit, #46 appeared, then disappeared.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: