Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729066 times)
Limx Dev (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:12:25 PM

I still don't see my airdrop.
I had over 1000 btx on my address and I only moved it after the dev here said the snapshot was taken

The coins are now payed on the new address.
Example https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/address.dws?17iWmV1WhmYhpHc2PPqs36wBxK1DCiRfiP.htm

Jon had problems with the parser and have made a new snapshot. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards Christian

OSX Wallet and new Android version for wallet 0.14.1.16 online. The next update is version 0.15.

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:13:17 PM

Thanks, Airdrop arrived. Good work.
Interesting to see if BTX will work as a hedge coin vs BTC in the long term or if it will develop some life of it's own. Probably both.
Currently BTC is down and BTC is up a little. Smiley

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:01:33 PM

Can someone from the team help cryptopia to update the wallet, its been in maintenance since almost 2 days now.  Ive bougth some coins and i cant move it to my wallet...

They say they wait for a protocol update thats why its disabled...

Thanks
Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:02:59 PM

I think they did the snapshot again, because I received the airdrop on an address which didn't have a balance till this morning.

Why do you move them so fast anyway?

Well that sucks big time. When you say something you must mean it.
Now I missed the airdrop and my coins are stuck waiting to get credited on cryptopia for more than a day

To take advantage of the swings in price, I keep them on cryptopia all week and only move them in the wallet for the airdrop, if I happen to hold at the time.
Anyway I was lucky in the end. Because of the cryptopia maintenance, the coins were not moved from my deposit address.
I just checked and the airdrop was received there

So Cryptopia credited you the airdrop? That's great, someone is complaining on Slack that he couldn't move his coins out and is out of the airdrop.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

I think they did the snapshot again, because I received the airdrop on an address which didn't have a balance till this morning.

Now I missed the airdrop and my coins are stuck waiting to get credited on cryptopia for more than a day

Yes, this is something the dev should really avoid to do. To say one thing (snaphop has been taken) and then to do something that renders his claim false. The world of crypto is a very wild environment of anonymous or semi-anonymous entities and to lose the trust of a community is just a moment. One mistake is sufficient to lose credibility. If you say something and then it turns out it is false or wrong, people won't believe you the next time you say something. So please, dev, never again tell your community something like "snaphot has been done" and then do another snaphot later. Or, if you absolutely have to change your plans, at least inform your community.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:33:21 PM

So Cryptopia credited you the airdrop? That's great, someone is complaining on Slack that he couldn't move his coins out and is out of the airdrop.

They didn't credit it yet, its still on maintenance. Normally all funds are automatically moved from deposit wallets to other big wallet addresses.
But because of maintenance my deposit has not moved yet, so at airdrop time, it got the payment. I checked it on the block explorer.

So both transactions should be credited

gigabyted

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:36:53 PM

To take advantage of the swings in price, I keep them on cryptopia all week and only move them in the wallet for the airdrop, if I happen to hold at the time.
Anyway I was lucky in the end. Because of the cryptopia maintenance, the coins were not moved from my deposit address.
I just checked and the airdrop was received there

Well he received his airdrop because he wasn't on cryptopia yet, he sent it there but because of the maintenance the coin never left his wallet so he got snapshoted.   But in my case its the opposite, my coins are at cryptopia and i want to withdraw them but i can't.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:37:24 PM

I am not so sure they did another snapshot because my BTX arrived on the same wallet which had the other BTX. That implies that it worked first time and they only did one snapshot ya? Doubt both things could have happened here
stevebc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:10:31 PM

Yeah that's just fantastic.

I initiated the BTX move to cryptopia after the snapshot was announced as complete.

Now my BTX are not in my personal wallet, and still not in cryptopia (I hope they show up somewhere at some time), and I missed out on Airdrop because the snapshot was redone.

Please don't do snapshots twice, or please work with your exchanges so they work properly.  Two issue like that outstanding at once isn't doing your reputation for competence much good.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:13:36 PM

Yeah that's just fantastic.

I initiated the BTX move to cryptopia after the snapshot was announced as complete.

Now my BTX are not in my personal wallet, and still not in cryptopia (I hope they show up somewhere at some time), and I missed out on Airdrop because the snapshot was redone.

Please don't do snapshots twice, or please work with your exchanges so they work properly.  Two issue like that outstanding at once isn't doing your reputation for competence much good.
You can just have a look at your cryptopia deposit address on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/ , anything credited there should be credited to your account (also the aidrop) at least after btx working on cryptopia again.

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:19:50 PM

I have just noticed this project, and as it is run by a team I actually respect, I would consider investing...
Claiming (airdrop) makes little sense, as the amount one could get is really small, but the process involves something I really don't like to do - by some reason I have to sign message "BTX", which is against all best practices - as signed messages should be very specific. Would you imagine you signing a sheet of paper with just "BTX" written on it?
Please consider making the message longer and more specific, like "Hereby I claim xxx.xx BTX coins from BitCore initial airdrop." or something like that.

So the main option is buying it at exchange. However there is one more serious concern here too: the huge premine! Who is holding it? Is it on multisig secured by several indepentent escrows? I have some experience with heavily premined projects, and too often I have seen the premine being dumped on the market. Even if the one holding it, is the most honest man in the world, you never know what could happen - he could just be hacked and may loose the keys... Too much power in single hands is dangerous, regardless of who has it. There should be some guarantees.

Sorry if there is an answer in the thread somewhere, the thread is a bit long to read in full Smiley. I searched for "escrow", found nothing.
Quoted my own message, so it doesn't get lost.

Everyone is so excited about those free airdrop coins, and nobody noticed my question above. That's why I don't like airdrop coins too much - all the talk is about free coins. Well, at least there is something to talk about, so there are positive things to this too...  Roll Eyes

Well guys, excitement is great, free coins are good, but if one is going to actually invest money in something like this, the question about security of the premine HAS TO BE ANSWERED.

Christian, maybe you could drop few words in answer?

... this space is not for rent ...
gigabyted

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:38:36 PM

I have just noticed this project, and as it is run by a team I actually respect, I would consider investing...
Claiming (airdrop) makes little sense, as the amount one could get is really small, but the process involves something I really don't like to do - by some reason I have to sign message "BTX", which is against all best practices - as signed messages should be very specific. Would you imagine you signing a sheet of paper with just "BTX" written on it?
Please consider making the message longer and more specific, like "Hereby I claim xxx.xx BTX coins from BitCore initial airdrop." or something like that.

So the main option is buying it at exchange. However there is one more serious concern here too: the huge premine! Who is holding it? Is it on multisig secured by several indepentent escrows? I have some experience with heavily premined projects, and too often I have seen the premine being dumped on the market. Even if the one holding it, is the most honest man in the world, you never know what could happen - he could just be hacked and may loose the keys... Too much power in single hands is dangerous, regardless of who has it. There should be some guarantees.

Sorry if there is an answer in the thread somewhere, the thread is a bit long to read in full Smiley. I searched for "escrow", found nothing.

Everyone is so excited about those free airdrop coins, and nobody noticed my question above. That's why I don't like airdrop coins too much - all the talk is about free coins. Well, at least there is something to talk about, so there are positive things to this too...  Roll Eyes

Well guys, excitement is great, free coins are good, but if one is going to actually invest money in something like this, the question about security of the premine HAS TO BE ANSWERED.

There's no premine in reality, they premined 16M to match the BTC chain and everyone that has BTC can claim theirs.  In november (6 months after launch) they will redistribute 90% of the unclaimed coins to BTX owners and they will keep 10% of that unclaimed for them so they can do bounties and fund themselves...

Is this what you were talking about?
Limx Dev (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:56:56 PM

Everyone is so excited about those free airdrop coins, and nobody noticed my question above. That's why I don't like airdrop coins too much - all the talk is about free coins. Well, at least there is something to talk about, so there are positive things to this too...  Roll Eyes

There's no premine in reality, they premined 16M to match the BTC chain and everyone that has BTC can claim theirs.  In november (6 months after launch) they will redistribute 90% of the unclaimed coins to BTX owners and they will keep 10% of that unclaimed for them so they can do bounties and fund themselves...

We can not talk about us security. Smiley Sorry, i hope that is okay for you.

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
torig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

Everyone is so excited about those free airdrop coins, and nobody noticed my question above. That's why I don't like airdrop coins too much - all the talk is about free coins. Well, at least there is something to talk about, so there are positive things to this too...  Roll Eyes

There's no premine in reality, they premined 16M to match the BTC chain and everyone that has BTC can claim theirs.  In november (6 months after launch) they will redistribute 90% of the unclaimed coins to BTX owners and they will keep 10% of that unclaimed for them so they can do bounties and fund themselves...

Satoshi Nakamoto should be claim your BTX -https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/the-well-deserved-fortune-of-satoshi-nakamoto/
For green future BTX... Roll Eyes
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:33:23 PM

just out of curiosity, was it never considered to maybe only distribute 10% of the premine once the the distribution until november was done and burn the rest?
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:42:35 PM

just out of curiosity, was it never considered to maybe only distribute 10% of the premine once the the distribution until november was done and burn the rest?
I believe the idea is to keep the circulation of this coin same as that of Bitcoin; burning off coins would defeat that purpose right?
gigabyted

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:44:05 PM

Pretty much the same IMHO.  The marketcap will be the same just more coins, this is like a split on a stock, happens every day there...

The purpose is to have the same supply as the BTC, burning them would go against that.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:52:45 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 08:03:43 PM by European Central Bank

i can understand that with the period where every bitcoin holder can claim. but if you bring that to an end that kind of skews things after that.  

what do people think the odds are of a major influx of claimees?
gigabyted

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:57:45 PM

i can understand that with the period where every bitcoin holder can claim. but if you bring that to an end that kind of skews things after that. 

do people think the odds are of a major influx of claimees?

Well the block reward is also in line with the BTC rewards if im not wrong, burning the coins would give too much value to the future coins i think.  I think the whole goal there was to have the same amount of coins in the future, ideally more claims that we are seeing right now, but i suspect that will pick up in the last weeks or so...
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:25:51 PM

Received first 3% airdrop. Great work, Dev! Will  hold Bitcore for month. It seems the price of BTX will rise extremely fast after airdrop will finished

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: