Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:44:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729111 times)
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:39:46 AM

If this tendency will keep (every week real value less than your measurement) we get 9% AD on May.

yobit.net is banned from signatures
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:42:33 AM

Bit of a thninking here:

Many people ask for bigger exchange. And do I agree, but I as well agree on right timing, thus no rush from my perspective. It's in roadmap and I believe it won't be only one (in future, not only Q1).

However I think that as well why BTX is holding it's value is that actually right now is not listed on any bigger exchange otherwise to some extend we would see bigger sell out of "investors".

I would rather like to see primarily BTX as "real world" usable coin and after that, secondarily as an investment.

Your inputs/ideas/options are welcomed, this is not a flame.

I agree on this. Current holders of BTX seem to differ very much from current holders of "big coins". The latter probably have often zero interest for the coins they buy except for the ROI they get. I don't want to say that BTX investors are not here for a ROI, but probably they are investing less in absolute terms and they can afford to hold for the long term.

BINGO!!!  Wink

Bitcore shouldn’t be your only investments in crypto.
But it SHOULD be one of your MAJOR long term prospects.

Exactly. Once you know all the technical scaling problems which are affecting Bitcoin, all the problems of hypertrophic blockchains which affect both Bitcoin and all its clones/forks, etc, etc, you end up understanding that at some point more and more people will understand that they've got a much improved version of Bitcoin in Bitcore. Smiley

We'll see the real power of Bitcore after the aidrops. It's easy to maintain low supply while many (if not majority) holds their coins to receive the aidrops, but once it's all completed, I'm pretty sure the holders will start cashing out, and then we'll see the real price of this coin.
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:53:30 AM

As every monday since I joined, the value of BTX is dropping more than the percentage of airdrop which has been distribuited. Holders with weak hands are selling the airdrop received today. Not many of them have yet fully understood the magic of compounding interest...

Anyway, we're getting stronger week by week. Next target at 350k satoshi will be reached soon.

The team and devs are very active online, I think Bitcore is going to become huge in 2018 after the airdrops are done.

Well if this is true (and it is), the smart move is to sell your BTX before the airdrop and buy them after when price falls. By that you will 1. earn more than 6% every week, 2. the trading volume will be higher and 3. the airdrop wallet will last longer (speculative, since the one who buys probably receive your airdrop)...

So... maybe holding is the weak hand here Smiley
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:53:27 AM

Hi everyone,
On february 4th I bought 100BTX, store them in BTX wallet and registered for airdrop. Since next monday I did not receive any airdrop, I went to BTX FAQ and found this: BitcoreBTX_Guide_AdvancedCoinControl.pdf  
Therefore I followed all steps (ie. enabled coin control features and sent BTX from a registered address) and today I sadly realised that missed the airdrop again  Cry.
How is that possible? Any thoughts?  Thx!

PS: Where can I find the snapshot time?

You need to make sure your btx are in the correct address, and not just in the wallet.
A wallet can have many addresses, a new change address is sometimes created if/when needed, if you make a transfer. And some of your btx might end up in one of them, without you knowing about it.

Activate coin cointrol in the qt wallet, and manage your own change.
And in coinomi disable new address generation from settings, and if a change address is created during a transfer, just send your btx to the registered address, before the airdrop.

I followed this procedure: https://bitcore.cc/guides/BitcoreBTX_Guide_AdvancedCoinControl.pdf

If I do this, am I guaranteed too receive the airdrop that i missed this week?  Sorry,  I'm being very literal and just want to be sure I don't miss it again.  Thank you.
to be sure you better register the address(es) after you have done all neccessary transactions.
because if you register a certain address and after that you do some transaction, that first address might be changed so that you won't get anything anymore or just a small part.
so after you have finished all transactions register every single (receiving) address which you have used.
you better check your registered addresses on that link with the list of registered addresses which i have mentioned in my earlier post.
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:04:44 AM

Hi guys!

We have just released our new Crypto Mining Profitability Calculator: https://crypt0.zone/calculator/ with support for Bitcore and many others!

Feel free to send us some feedback. We are open for all suggestions.

Cool
Your calculator has not precise difficulty. So LUXcoin is doubled over profit.

yobit.net is banned from signatures
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

Hi everyone,
On february 4th I bought 100BTX, store them in BTX wallet and registered for airdrop. Since next monday I did not receive any airdrop, I went to BTX FAQ and found this: BitcoreBTX_Guide_AdvancedCoinControl.pdf  
Therefore I followed all steps (ie. enabled coin control features and sent BTX from a registered address) and today I sadly realised that missed the airdrop again  Cry.
How is that possible? Any thoughts?  Thx!

PS: Where can I find the snapshot time?

You need to make sure your btx are in the correct address, and not just in the wallet.
A wallet can have many addresses, a new change address is sometimes created if/when needed, if you make a transfer. And some of your btx might end up in one of them, without you knowing about it.

Activate coin cointrol in the qt wallet, and manage your own change.
And in coinomi disable new address generation from settings, and if a change address is created during a transfer, just send your btx to the registered address, before the airdrop.

I followed this procedure: https://bitcore.cc/guides/BitcoreBTX_Guide_AdvancedCoinControl.pdf

If I do this, am I guaranteed too receive the airdrop that i missed this week?  Sorry,  I'm being very literal and just want to be sure I don't miss it again.  Thank you.
to be sure you better register the address(es) after you have done all neccessary transactions.
because if you register a certain address and after that you do some transaction, that first address might be changed so that you won't get anything anymore or just a small part.
so after you have finished all transactions register every single (receiving) address which you have used.
you better check your registered addresses on that link with the list of registered addresses which i have mentioned in my earlier post.

What do you mean that first address might be changed?, he still owns that address so I don't get your point why would he wait for all transactions to finish before he register address for Airdrop.
Honte

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:12:56 AM

Why? Claiming with Trezor is safe. No risk to other coins. You can always reset it and have it use a new seed also. Why need to buy a new one?
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:33:47 AM

Bitcore Contest 2: Submission Deadline (February 16)
https://coindar.org/en/event/bitcore-btx-bitcore-contest-2-submission-deadline-3665
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

As every monday since I joined, the value of BTX is dropping more than the percentage of airdrop which has been distribuited. Holders with weak hands are selling the airdrop received today. Not many of them have yet fully understood the magic of compounding interest...

Anyway, we're getting stronger week by week. Next target at 350k satoshi will be reached soon.

The team and devs are very active online, I think Bitcore is going to become huge in 2018 after the airdrops are done.

Well if this is true (and it is), the smart move is to sell your BTX before the airdrop and buy them after when price falls. By that you will 1. earn more than 6% every week, 2. the trading volume will be higher and 3. the airdrop wallet will last longer (speculative, since the one who buys probably receive your airdrop)...

Yes, your analysis is correct, man. My previous thought wasn't a disapproval to everyone, but only a consideration of the facts and of course my point of view.

Holding is the safest and without risk way, while selling and re-purchasing the next day puts you in an uncertain position to miss out a possible increase in value.

Furthermore, the first method is without any effort, you can dedicate your time and energy to other trading activities or just enjoy life Smiley

6% sure every week, for me is still magic.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

Where can I find the address in which my BTX are in the wallet? Thx!
Transaction overview, and there you will find the addresses you received with.
Receive overview, click a row and then left bottom the button show

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

Yes, your analysis is correct, man. My previous thought wasn't a disapproval to everyone, but only a consideration of the facts and of course my point of view.

Holding is the safest and without risk way, while selling and re-purchasing the next day puts you in an uncertain position to miss out a possible increase in value.

Furthermore, the first method is without any effort, you can dedicate your time and energy to other trading activities or just enjoy life Smiley

6% sure every week, for me is still magic.

I agree, 6% without stress and any invested time is awesome, i just didnt like the part where you were saying that people selling dont understand the compound interest. My point was that people having time and balls to sell and buy can actually understand the compound interest very well, they are just compounding more by trading every week, than the airdrop provides Smiley

But the truth is, that you can weekly make lets say 10+% instead of 6%, but than one day you will sell and the price moons... and you will either lose more to buy back expensive, or miss the rocked you were hoping for Smiley
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:56:56 PM

$BTX Download the latest MANDATORY update for Windows, OSX and Linux from Github: https://github.com/LIMXTEC/BitCore/releases … … Important: Before updating, always make sure to backup your wallet.dat and private keys! Chainstate-Database update: We are below 300 MB again!
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:05:22 PM

my question is: updating meaning that we backup wallet.dat, delete the old wallet and install the new one ?
weav

Activity: 350

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:07:43 PM

I really like the way the new wallet looks . I just hope we can get some updates on new exchanges or some marketing , this coin would really benefit from it.

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:09:19 PM

Why? Claiming with Trezor is safe. No risk to other coins. You can always reset it and have it use a new seed also. Why need to buy a new one?
I think it is best to buy a new one, because when exposing private key to a third party it is compromised imho.

This does not mean that BTX does something scammy. It is all about security and risk management.
TreeAcid

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

What's in the Magic bottle?

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:21:50 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 03:05:32 PM by TreeAcid

Are there any special plans for Valentine's Day for BTX? It's a Pink BTC but better....surely there must be some marketing or something in store?

Also, what is this about? BTX devs donated a "February 14 bonus" to chainz 3 days ago  Shocked ....for what purpose? It's the first time the BTX team ever gave a bonus to the block explorer.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/payments.log.dws?btx

Bump for discourse. I noticed (like every AD week) you reiterated all the same answers to newbies regarding coin control, wallet registration etc.

Not one reply to this.

Valentine's Day, no marketing?

chainz.cryptoid receiving a "February 14 Bonus" credit from the devs...why? That must mean either

a) The devs acknowledge that Valentine's Day is relevant or thematic to Bitcore.
b) A bribe for something?
c) Huh

Would love to get some discussion going. Without attacking me, or being dismissive. If the BTX community really is awesome, that is. Thank you.

Speaking of rational discourse by the way, in the new wallet if you go to the 'Send' tab and hit send it throws up a text error at the bottom, either orange or red. This is not seen because of the pink color, a minor visual bug in the wallet.

Additionally, the bitcore.cc website runs on Wordpress  Undecided. This is verified by a simple Whois.

Why Wordpress? It's ridiculously amateur for a website that is aimed towards a better version of Bitcoin. There's a reason Wordpress is mocked and called amateur hour in the community, it is because it is insecure and inferior to other website coding languages.

bitcore.cc main page looks like the bootstrap used for all the shitty ETH ICOs (with the floating vectors). Some originality and superior coding knowledge would be nice.

inb4 this is FUD. I mentioned an interesting donation to chainz.cryptoid with no explanation, a minor text bug in the wallet, and the fact that Wordpress is shit and Bitcore should upgrade to a superior platform, or revert to a simplistic PHP website at least like litecoin.org, or at the MINIMUM have PGP/GPG verified downloads for wallets like every normal altcoin with a website to a wallet download that can be compromised. This is why Electrum does this, and almost every BTC/LTC wallet. Wordpress can be hacked easily, can it not?
QB Horse

Merit: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:56:46 PM

$BTX Download the latest MANDATORY update for Windows, OSX and Linux from Github: https://github.com/LIMXTEC/BitCore/releases … … Important: Before updating, always make sure to backup your wallet.dat and private keys! Chainstate-Database update: We are below 300 MB again!

The new wallet doesn't work on my mac.
I saw others with the same problem, anyone found the solution?
I also saw someone talking about the "boost" update... anyone has the path for this update?
isildurBG

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:12:21 PM

Bit of a thninking here:

Many people ask for bigger exchange. And do I agree, but I as well agree on right timing, thus no rush from my perspective. It's in roadmap and I believe it won't be only one (in future, not only Q1).

However I think that as well why BTX is holding it's value is that actually right now is not listed on any bigger exchange otherwise to some extend we would see bigger sell out of "investors".

I would rather like to see primarily BTX as "real world" usable coin and after that, secondarily as an investment.

Your inputs/ideas/options are welcomed, this is not a flame.

I agree on this. Current holders of BTX seem to differ very much from current holders of "big coins". The latter probably have often zero interest for the coins they buy except for the ROI they get. I don't want to say that BTX investors are not here for a ROI, but probably they are investing less in absolute terms and they can afford to hold for the long term.

BINGO!!!  Wink

Bitcore shouldn’t be your only investments in crypto.
But it SHOULD be one of your MAJOR long term prospects.

Exactly. Once you know all the technical scaling problems which are affecting Bitcoin, all the problems of hypertrophic blockchains which affect both Bitcoin and all its clones/forks, etc, etc, you end up understanding that at some point more and more people will understand that they've got a much improved version of Bitcoin in Bitcore. Smiley

We'll see the real power of Bitcore after the aidrops. It's easy to maintain low supply while many (if not majority) holds their coins to receive the aidrops, but once it's all completed, I'm pretty sure the holders will start cashing out, and then we'll see the real price of this coin.
I think that the price will not drop so much after the end of the airdrops, because until that time the coin will be better known since it’s updated in CMC and it will be Top 50 probably, so more “investors” will find out about the potential of the best fork. In my oppinion BTX will become closer to BTC Gold.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:18:32 PM

Is the current airdrop only for those who have 1 BTX min in they wallet or is there any possibility to claim our BTX with one or two of the Bitcoin blockchain snapshot (april and november 2017) ?
I had some btc in my bitcoin wallet since years but don't seen this BitCore airdrop in 2017 : curious.
QB Horse

Merit: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:40:28 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 05:16:27 PM by QB Horse

The new wallet doesn't work on my mac.
I saw others with the same problem, anyone found the solution?
I also saw someone talking about the "boost" update... anyone has the path for this update?

I found the solution to install the new wallet on Mac.

For everyone that need a solution, here is what I did:

1) Install "boost"
2) Re-install the new wallet
3) Enjoy the new wallet  Cool

To install "boost" here what I did

1) Open your Terminal
Press Command + Space, then write "terminal", then enter

2) Copy and paste the line below:

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null

3) Type:

brew install boost

... You're all done and it should work!
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: