Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
heymann

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:04:55 PM

Link to functional exchange. The Etherdelta exchange works. (in the past 24 hours, 471.598 VERI swapped for   31.906 ether notional value: $7,320)
I have looked at it and the source code is open source. It appears to be a single developer, and he is updating it frequently.

The rates may not be the best for some tokens vs other more busy exchanges, and at this point this is the first location I have found that allows converting your VERI to ether, or purchasing VERI for ether.

The previous link was to the Ether market in Veritaseum. I am linking the Veritaseum market here:
https://etherdelta.github.io/#0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374-ETH this is simply the same orders but the flipped around.

You can use your public key / private key from your myether wallet to transfer funds into the exchange contract. There are a few training videos at the top if you need to see a walk through.

If you have an opinion on what the fair market value of VERI is put some skin in the game and offer to sell or make an offer to buy. When the Augur (REP) report drops there will be a demand for VERI...

Trading so far, the market has set the VERI price at 14-1 ETH. (vs. ICO 30-1).  Thanks for the effort, very helpful.

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:38:56 PM

You use swap, and intend that there will be an exchange of VERI for ETH. Without use of a distributed exchange like etherdelta or 0x there is no enforcement that both parties exchange funds.

You would have to use a contract to make the trade you imply. Simply agreeing to exchange VERI tokens or ether would have no obligation.

I suppose you could use an m-of-n multi-signature address to hold both. This certainly makes it a lot more complicated than you probably want.

The original transaction for VERI purchase was mediated by the ERC20 token contract that was written to manage the offering of the VERI tokens. I am sure that when these are trading in volume we will exceed the original price. I would hold if you can.

Regardless of the plan to hold or sell, I would prefer the token to be easily transferable and exchangeable to other currencies instead of the usual "get in easy, get out hard" kind of situation. Whether I am a trader or an investor, getting stuck to a position is the most undesirable thing. Yes, I may spend the token for services and researches but that's not the only two things I want from owning the token. I am sure you understand.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:17:00 PM

People who accuse the original site of looking "scammy", wouldn't the application of common sense, knowing where Veritas is in the business cycle (i.e. early) give you an idea of why the lack of polish?

As an investor I'd rather see effort on developing the products and readying the products for public release.  The fact that the original website lacked the pretty final touches tells me mgt. has their priorities straight.  If people can't see or understand that perhaps they should just walk away and look for something else that may be pretty (because of course anything pretty will never be a scam  Wink ).

I say, think a little deeper.  Consider the success and public profile of the CEO and the approach so far.  Does Reggie strike you as scammy?  You may be alone with that thought.

I couldn't agree more. In addition, some even use the interview Tone Vays had with Reggie (https://youtu.be/GfiTk8Z1Pa0) as proof that Veritaseum is a scam. It is laughable to say the least. I suspect someone out there is being paid a lot of money to misdirect potential participants, not only when it comes to Veritaseum, but crypto tokens in general. They normally lie and claim some form of authority.... "I am a software engineer," "I have been an investor in cryptos since the beginning, but this smells like a scam to me" and more. Press them a bit and it quickly becomes clear that they don't know what they are talking about.

In short: They are either bought and paid for or the dumbest trolls around!
AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:55:20 PM

Regardless of the plan to hold or sell, I would prefer the token to be easily transferable and exchangeable to other currencies instead of the usual "get in easy, get out hard" kind of situation. Whether I am a trader or an investor, getting stuck to a position is the most undesirable thing. Yes, I may spend the token for services and researches but that's not the only two things I want from owning the token. I am sure you understand.

Veritaseum's VERI are ERC20 tokens and as demonstrated above, are already trading on the Etherdelta distributed exchange albeit in a low volume currently. In my opinion ERC20 is a very easy token to get in and out of. If you didn't want Ether, you could trade your VERI for any other asset on that exchange. I'm sure if you had to liquidate your holdings that the 1/30 rate from the crowd-sale would be accepted rapidly. The material value in the forthcoming reports will push the price up dramatically. There are no tokens for individual investors other than the crowd-sale or market price. We will very shortly see price discovery in action as Ethereum bagholders that missed out on the crowd-sale now must acquire VERI for access to the analysis.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:42:18 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 05:13:53 PM by jbl888

The website looks kind of old (2010), scammy. But I like the idea

Does this look like a scam? ... "I'm personally putting together Veritaseum's new office space in the heart of Time Square. Other surrounding offices believe me to be the handyman, apparently not familiar with my proclivity to get me hands dirty... Physically, intellectually, and in business!

https://www.facebook.com/reggie.middleton1

Wink

EDIT FOR BETTER LINK
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:47:51 PM

Reggie,

Do you have an estimate of when VERI will be available on exchanges?

Thanks

The tokens are expected to be on exchanges within 4 weeks.

Thats great news!! Thanks
Josef27

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:21:56 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 09:27:16 PM by Josef27

People who accuse the original site of looking "scammy", wouldn't the application of common sense, knowing where Veritas is in the business cycle (i.e. early) give you an idea of why the lack of polish?

As an investor I'd rather see effort on developing the products and readying the products for public release.  The fact that the original website lacked the pretty final touches tells me mgt. has their priorities straight.  If people can't see or understand that perhaps they should just walk away and look for something else that may be pretty (because of course anything pretty will never be a scam  Wink ).

I say, think a little deeper.  Consider the success and public profile of the CEO and the approach so far.  Does Reggie strike you as scammy?  You may be alone with that thought.

I couldn't agree more. In addition, some even use the interview Tone Vays had with Reggie (https://youtu.be/GfiTk8Z1Pa0) as proof that Veritaseum is a scam. It is laughable to say the least. I suspect someone out there is being paid a lot of money to misdirect potential participants, not only when it comes to Veritaseum, but crypto tokens in general. They normally lie and claim some form of authority.... "I am a software engineer," "I have been an investor in cryptos since the beginning, but this smells like a scam to me" and more. Press them a bit and it quickly becomes clear that they don't know what they are talking about.

Anyone who knows or followed Tone would know he never touts anything but BTC. When Tone first got some acclaim on youtube, I always wondered what other cryptos he was interested because of his views. I actually had an argument with him over Steemit and his rose colored Bitcoin glasses.. LOL  Anyway his views are strict in a way to limit any exposure to scams. I feel like he would throw a diamond out on a misunderstanding or technicality, in other words very rigid.  He didn't invest in Ethereum for this reason. He actually does the research, so if he's positive on Veritaseum I put that as a huge plus in the column of supporting evidence of it being legit.

Edited:
My opinion:  Good or bad I feel like he is looking for a sure thing with zero risk.  I don't know if that exist.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:57:44 PM

I say, think a little deeper.  Consider the success and public profile of the CEO and the approach so far.  Does Reggie strike you as scammy?  You may be alone with that thought.

Anyone who knows or followed Tone would know he never touts anything but BTC. When Tone first got some acclaim on youtube, I always wondered what other cryptos he was interested because of his views. I actually had an argument with him over Steemit and his rose colored Bitcoin glasses.. LOL  Anyway his views are strict in a way to limit any exposure to scams. He actually does the research, so if he's positive on Veritaseum I put that as a huge plus in the column of supporting evidence of it being legit.

True. Tone is a "bitcoin purist" to a large extent. I hope he invites Reggie back for a follow up interview to answer the last of those questions. It would be great to help set the record straight, as some are going around the net proclaiming that Veritaseum is a scam. They claim Reggie bailed out, not wanting to answer all of Tone's questions.
Josef27

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:35:32 PM

Anyone who knows or followed Tone would know he never touts anything but BTC. When Tone first got some acclaim on youtube, I always wondered what other cryptos he was interested because of his views. I actually had an argument with him over Steemit and his rose colored Bitcoin glasses.. LOL  Anyway his views are strict in a way to limit any exposure to scams. He actually does the research, so if he's positive on Veritaseum I put that as a huge plus in the column of supporting evidence of it being legit.

True. Tone is a "bitcoin purist" to a large extent. I hope he invites Reggie back for a follow up interview to answer the last of those questions. It would be great to help set the record straight, as some are going around the net proclaiming that Veritaseum is a scam. They claim Reggie bailed out, not wanting to answer all of Tone's questions.

You also realize that "everyone"... said Ethereum was a scam also ! LOL
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:40:02 PM

You also realize that "everyone"... said Ethereum was a scam also ! LOL

True. And some believe it is still the case.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:21:03 PM

Does anyone know the current price of a VERI  token?

There's a link a page or two back that shows a preliminary (pre-exchange) price ranging from 10 Veritas per 1 ETH   to    15 Veritas per ETH .... that should put Veritas in the $15 to $22 per token range ... I basically paid about $2 per Veritas token (ICO exchanged 30 Veritas for 1 ETH) so either way I'm in the 800% to 1000% return for 1 month ... I won't convert that to annualized but you get the picture ... some idiots are going to sell all their Veritas and take that initial profit and have no idea what Veritas is all about ... it will track ETH for the next 5 years

Cheesy
Gen6:6

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:24:30 PM

Does anyone know the current price of a VERI  token?

There's a link a page or two back that shows a preliminary (pre-exchange) price ranging from 10 Veritas per 1 ETH   to    15 Veritas per ETH .... that should put Veritas in the $15 to $22 per token range ... I basically paid about $2 per Veritas token (ICO exchanged 30 Veritas for 1 ETH) so either way I'm in the 800% to 1000% return for 1 month ... I won't convert that to annualized but you get the picture ... some idiots are going to sell all their Veritas and take that initial profit and have no idea what Veritas is all about ... it will track ETH for the next 5 years

Cheesy

What do you mean by "track ETH" - do you mean it will try to catch up in "absolute" price to it or just increase in value the same kind of % as ETH..?

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:30:34 PM

Hi all

Thanks for any and all replies to my questions.

I guess the next thing to ask then is: in myetherwallet, I can send ETH very easily as it's pretty obvious how to use that feature. But where it shows the VERI coins under "Tokens", how do I "select" (for want of a better word) these to send to an address please, rather than the main ETH balance?

Presumably I can send VERI to any regular ETH address just the same as sending ETH without any hiccups and they will see the VERI under "Tokens" in their wallet?

Thanks a million all!

heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:27:40 PM

The website looks kind of old (2010), scammy. But I like the idea

Does this look like a scam? ... "I'm personally putting together Veritaseum's new office space in the heart of Time Square. Other surrounding offices believe me to be the handyman, apparently not familiar with my proclivity to get me hands dirty... Physically, intellectually, and in business!

https://www.facebook.com/reggie.middleton1

Wink

EDIT FOR BETTER LINK

Anything under construction is never pretty

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Masiah

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 01:06:49 AM

Hi all

Thanks for any and all replies to my questions.

I guess the next thing to ask then is: in myetherwallet, I can send ETH very easily as it's pretty obvious how to use that feature. But where it shows the VERI coins under "Tokens", how do I "select" (for want of a better word) these to send to an address please, rather than the main ETH balance?

Presumably I can send VERI to any regular ETH address just the same as sending ETH without any hiccups and they will see the VERI under "Tokens" in their wallet?

Thanks a million all!

To send VERI you first have to add the custom token to your wallet, you then should see a dropdown list when sending ETH. On this list will be VERI. Select VERI and send the amount you wish to send. When sensing VERI make sure that ghe wallet you are sending them to supports ERC20 tokens or else you will lose your tokens. So to answer your second question no you can not send VERI to any regular address, but many wallets do support ERC20 tokens.
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:21:44 AM

How can the old veritas be exchanged for the new ones?

I would like to know also.
Masiah

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 02:32:08 AM

How can the old veritas be exchanged for the new ones?

I would like to know also.

If you have old Veritas tokens please email me at masiah@veritaseum.com. We will have to set up a trade for you.

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:05:58 AM

Thanks all!

Been looking at that EtherDelta exchange price for VERI/ETH... going the wrong way at the moment but time will tell! It's so illiquid at the moment anyway that the price on there is probably not reality. I think when big exchanges take this on we will see much more favourable prices and probably medium-to-long term growth with the usual shocks.
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:26:16 AM

What's old Veritas and new Veritas?

Were the Veritas tokens sold last month during the 1-month ICO period old or new?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:45:44 PM

What's old Veritas and new Veritas?

Were the Veritas tokens sold last month during the 1-month ICO period old or new?

I think they're talking about the old UltraCoins.  The previous iteration of Veritaseum built on top of bitcoin used UltraCoins.

If you've got some of those (from before the ICO) you should be able to exchange them for the new VERI tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: