Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
GoldenUnity

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:25:55 PM

Has the Veritaseum ICO ended, or is it still open to investors?
The Crowdsale is OVER. I see that people are still sending ether to the contract. Stop you are wasting gas.

Do your own due diligence and come up with your valuation of VERI, then buy them where you can. Etherdelta has a low volume market currently. When listed on larger exchanges we will see MUCH higher volume. This could drive the price back to 0.033 ether per VERI or it could go higher... The market will decide. Based on past tokens, I would say we are more likely going higher than 0.033. The time for cheap VERI is over, you will now have to pay the market price.

Thanks for the reply. Can i currently buy VERI on Etherdelta? I don't see it listed there!
Haddem

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:37:07 PM

Has the Veritaseum ICO ended, or is it still open to investors?
The Crowdsale is OVER. I see that people are still sending ether to the contract. Stop you are wasting gas.

Do your own due diligence and come up with your valuation of VERI, then buy them where you can. Etherdelta has a low volume market currently. When listed on larger exchanges we will see MUCH higher volume. This could drive the price back to 0.033 ether per VERI or it could go higher... The market will decide. Based on past tokens, I would say we are more likely going higher than 0.033. The time for cheap VERI is over, you will now have to pay the market price.

Thanks for the reply. Can i currently buy VERI on Etherdelta? I don't see it listed there!

Use this https://etherdelta.github.io/#0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374-ETH
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:42:59 PM

An email I just got from Poloniex...

Dear Reggie Middleton,
We don't have a comprehensive set of criteria as each project is unique. We watch the community and select projects that we believe are unique, innovative, and that our customers would be interested in trading. The best advice I can give is to build a product that has strong (organic) market demand.

As you can see, there is merit to drivimg more volume and traffic to the decentralized Etherdelta.  I first petitioned Poloniex at the cloaenof the ICO and again just recently.

Volume on Etherdelta is about 3 to 4 thousand ETH daily, $750k to $1M in VERI

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:51:02 PM

As you can see, there is merit to driving more volume and traffic to the decentralized Etherdelta.  I first petitioned Poloniex at the close of the ICO and again just recently.

Agreed. The Etherdelta platform is solid. There are other distributed exchanges pending including 0x, and NVO - the ERC20 tokens are built for distributed exchanges! Thank you for the update, in my experience Poloniex is slow to add tokens.

[1] https://0xproject.com/
[2] https://nvo.io/
dopi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:36:40 PM

An email I just got from Poloniex...

Dear Reggie Middleton,
We don't have a comprehensive set of criteria as each project is unique. We watch the community and select projects that we believe are unique, innovative, and that our customers would be interested in trading. The best advice I can give is to build a product that has strong (organic) market demand.

As you can see, there is merit to drivimg more volume and traffic to the decentralized Etherdelta.  I first petitioned Poloniex at the cloaenof the ICO and again just recently.

bittrex is faster. and maybe gatecoin.

thank you reggie, for the opportunity. happy to be on board.

for the truth!  Cool
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

Effective marketing is very important and crucial in everything commercial that we do.

Look at how Dash drives adoption with their Amanda Johnson's videos explaining complicated things to the layperson, creating awareness, etc, with illustrations, etc.

If your presentation is not polished or look professional (like sitting crossed legged on a sofa wearing shoes without socks in an interview, just an example), that's okay. Just hire someone who is professionally presentable to do the PR job instead.

The idea isn't "my way or the highway", but any way that can create the most awareness, the most exposure, the most adoption, the most participation, etc. If being conventional will help, then be conventional.

But what do I know. Maybe Veritaseum is a special case that doesn't need good marketing like the other tokens.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Costix

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:54:09 PM

What I undertsood in these veri tokens is that they are getting used like a ticket and not traded like a currency... once a token is used it disappears 4 ever from the market... u can´t use it again. Correct me if i´m wrong

VERI are tradable for goods or services. If you give me a VERI I now have it. If you give Reggie a VERI for a service, he will probably record it on his books. There is no reason to destroy them.

What is unclear is how the Autonomous contracts will function, and again, it should be expected that you are trading a token for a good or service, and the commiserate value returned.

Think of it like buying a pack of Giftcards at CostCo. they may have been discounted, and you are trading them for Goods, or services. You now longer control the card/token, it has not been destroyed.

Also my calculation on current valuation of Veritaseum as a entity is $16,436,137, this is based on the real cash FLOAT of Veritaseum, and not the unissued reserve.

Thanks for the information.
With destroyed I meant that this veri token is out of the system and can not be used anymore.
So you can sell your tokens, I agree you can do that, most of us plan to do this one day. You can also use your token to get access to the analysis engine which costs 1 veri each research and you power this research with eth-gas. Whats gonna happen with this token? Goes back to the company/Reggie which/who will sell this token again one day or is it gone from the veri-network?

heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:01:41 PM

Effective marketing is very important and crucial in everything commercial that we do.

Look at how Dash drives adoption with their Amanda Johnson's videos explaining complicated things to the layperson, creating awareness, etc, with illustrations, etc.

If your presentation is not polished or look professional (like sitting crossed legged on a sofa wearing shoes without socks in an interview, just an example), that's okay. Just hire someone who is professionally presentable to do the PR job instead.

The idea isn't "my way or the highway", but any way that can create the most awareness, the most exposure, the most adoption, the most participation, etc. If being conventional will help, then be conventional.

But what do I know. Maybe Veritaseum is a special case that doesn't need good marketing like the other tokens.

Sell man, and buy Dash.  If that's the way you feel why aren't you chilling on their thread?

Don't prefer Amanda Johnson's style.  She didn't sell me any Dash.  I tried to pay attention but Zzzzz.

That's what great about the marketplace, people can go to where they find value. Whatever attracts them to investments.  VERI is much earlier in the business cycle than Dash.

Much prefer Reggie's cool and laid back attitude.  Infers he's in control.

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
btsfreak

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:03:07 PM

Dont aim for poloniex. 3-4K ETH per day is by factors lower than the lowest traded asset on poloniex and even those get thrown out regularly. Bittrex is the only real chance. However, the best chance is to deliver value Smiley.
AltCity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 06:08:11 PM

With destroyed I meant that this veri token is out of the system and can not be used anymore.[...] or is it gone from the veri-network?

I am unaware of any scenario where Veri are destroyed. This is not common for tokens. It is sometimes done in other crowdsales. Though this is as an incentive to early adopters and usually announced before the sale begins. Reggie has been quite clear that the reserve tokens are intended for banks and other high network corporations.

I'm pasting my analysis of the last 7 days trading on Etherdelta:
Code:
 3  Variables      1823  Observations
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERI Price
       n  missing distinct     Info     Mean      Gmd      .05      .10      .25      .50      .75      .90      .95
    1823        0      292    0.999   0.3214   0.2999  0.09091  0.10000  0.17544  0.22222  0.25000  0.30242  0.33333

Value          0     1     2     3     5    10   100
Frequency   1777    28     6     1     5     5     1
Proportion 0.975 0.015 0.003 0.001 0.003 0.003 0.001
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amount
       n  missing distinct     Info     Mean      Gmd      .05      .10      .25      .50      .75      .90      .95
    1823        0     1114        1     12.1       19   0.0000   0.0202   0.4000   2.2950   9.9525  31.0174  57.0783

lowest :   0.000   0.001   0.002   0.003   0.004, highest: 233.083 265.251 265.545 279.324 409.980
Total Price
    1823        0      754    0.999    2.107    3.256    0.000    0.006    0.098    0.500    1.667    5.000    9.897

lowest :  0.000  0.001  0.002  0.003  0.004, highest: 49.850 49.927 54.064 88.417 88.515
>
>
miner63456

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:51:37 PM

Someone please explain to me why Etherdelta is inadequate for trading VERI right now.

I do not understand the impatience with getting listed on a centralized exchange.  Volume will come in due time.
btsfreak

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:09:30 PM

What do you mean by inadequate? It is actually very adequate, just that it is a very very small exchange and the target group of traders is much smaller than on exchanges as poloniex or bittrex. So everyone is hoping to get on the big stage in order to get a bigger audience. But as said, those bigger exchanges want to see either a valid project or a bigger audience who is really interested in that token before they put the effort in implementing the trading.
If you believe that this project will become very big in the future - dont care about the exchanges for now.
If you want to get out with a profit - use etherdelta.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:52:30 PM

As you can see, there is merit to driving more volume and traffic to the decentralized Etherdelta.  I first petitioned Poloniex at the close of the ICO and again just recently.

Agreed. The Etherdelta platform is solid. There are other distributed exchanges pending including 0x, and NVO - the ERC20 tokens are built for distributed exchanges! Thank you for the update, in my experience Poloniex is slow to add tokens.

[1] https://0xproject.com/
[2] https://nvo.io/

I don't rely think they are slow, the first thing first, they need to protect traders' fund. The increase in demand for trading platform has put significant strain on their infrastructure, until they upgrade their infrastructure I can't see them adding more tokens to their exchange, but Bittrex is a very good exchange too likewise Kraken
AltCity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 10:18:34 PM

Etherdelta has added the VERI token to the exchange four hours ago:
https://etherdelta.github.io/#VERI-ETH

[1] https://github.com/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io/commit/22428566240f383dc6bfac7899f14c426c870abf
Costix

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:59:09 PM

With destroyed I meant that this veri token is out of the system and can not be used anymore.[...] or is it gone from the veri-network?

I am unaware of any scenario where Veri are destroyed. This is not common for tokens. It is sometimes done in other crowdsales. Though this is as an incentive to early adopters and usually announced before the sale begins. Reggie has been quite clear that the reserve tokens are intended for banks and other high network corporations.

I thought you need 1 token to enter the analysis engine and invest eth after. I think I got it now... so you wanna invest 2.000.000 $ into a trade-bot you have to buy ETH worth 2.000.000$ and then change these xxx ETH into yyy VER. These yyy VER u place with a contract on veritaseum network.
So if wall-street would jump in with lets say 1 trillion $ and there are 50.000.000 veritas approved in that time each VER token would be worth 20.000$
Lets say 25.000.000 veritas are secured buy their owners cause they sit like a rock on them each VER would be worth 40.000$ at that time.
Or am I completely wrong??
AltCity

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 11:12:17 PM

I thought you need 1 token to enter the analysis engine and invest eth after. I think I got it now... so you wanna invest 2.000.000 $ into a trade-bot you have to buy ETH worth 2.000.000$ and then change these xxx ETH into yyy VER. These yyy VER u place with a contract on veritaseum network.[...]
Or am I completely wrong??

I don't think the specifics of how the Veritaseum contracts will work have been announced (the Autonomous DAO). My comments were explaining that the VERI are not destroyed when spent, you just exchange them for services. Destroying VERI would reduce the market float of shares in circulation, and would materially benefit market holders by increasing scarcity of the token. There is no reason or indication that this would occur.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:28:10 PM

Oh good ... 18 decimal places ... we're going to need it ... let's see that's 999 quadrillion .... yep, just enough

Wink
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:06:31 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 02:21:14 AM by Dorky

Sell man, and buy Dash.  If that's the way you feel why aren't you chilling on their thread?

Don't prefer Amanda Johnson's style.  She didn't sell me any Dash.  I tried to pay attention but Zzzzz.

That's what great about the marketplace, people can go to where they find value. Whatever attracts them to investments.  VERI is much earlier in the business cycle than Dash.

Much prefer Reggie's cool and laid back attitude.  Infers he's in control.

People that are destined to fail, eventually, are the people intellectually incapable of taking comments/advice/opinion for self-betterment/improvement.
Such people (no matter whether they are currently great or otherwise) always think that they are much better than others and insist their way is the only best way.
These people will still be ahead of others by a few steps, until everybody catches up, and they no longer be ahead.

I am not into Dash but I am speaking objectively about their marketing style.
Amanda Johnson's presentation, although imperfect, is multiple times better than Reggie's.

A wise person would accept my comment and try to do something positive out of it.
A foolish, cocky, full of false pride person will give similar defensive excuses like the ones you gave.

Attitude determines everything. Not skills. Not talent. Not knowledge.
And it so happens that attitude is also indicative of the future.

Note: And that $1.635 quadrillion market available to be disintermediated, could be misrepresented and need some explaining why it is not. Just saying. Truth and honesty are twins. If I am wrong, point that out to me.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 02:31:48 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 02:45:20 AM by elegant_joylin

How to get bounty? Something I can not find anywhere?

https://blog.veritaseum.com/current-analysis/1-blog/226-veritaseum-crowdsale-bounty-program

But unfortunately bounty has ended.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:10:59 AM

When and how will those of us who participated in the bounty receive our Veritas?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: