Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:48 AM

Do more?
In the first 3-4 months:
-Finalizing a deal and implementation with JSE.
-Negotiating deals with several large hedge funds
-Negotiating deals with Top 10 stock exchange
-Deal with a medical office.
-More I can't remember

What more are you expecting? If you asked me how long it would take to made a deal with a stock exchange or a hedge fund and hammer out all of the details of implementation, I would say each deal would take 2-3 months of calendar time minimum, if not 6 months. Dealing with the management bureaucracy of completely changing the way business is done at some of these large organizations can't be easy. And not only are the systems complex but the testing along has to be extremely diligent and thorough. Reggie has his sights set high on the big prizes - stock exchanges and hedge funds, and I think he is uniquely qualified to do so. I am quite satisfied with what VERI has accomplished so far in this time frame. It will take some time to get some momentum. Once they have Veritized a few things it will be easier to duplicate but that initial infrastructure takes time.

The market is certainly large enough for multiple players and I would even guess that once Reggie's patents are issued companies like LAToken might be in violation of his patents - that's worth looking at. At first glance it does not appear that LAToken and VERI are going after the quite the same markets and they have slightly different approaches, so I think they might complement each other more than they will compete.

I expect it to continue doing more and more and more without end.
I remember when I was still a student, I once asked a mate why he studied so hard.
He replied that's because he aimed for 100% while I just aimed for passing mark.
That simple reply opened up my eyes.
Regardless of your aim, you will always achieve less, so you better aim for the max, so that you may always do your best.
If you want to expect less, or be contented with current achievement, that's your business and has nothing to do with me.

Whether LAToken will violate his patent, or whether there will be prolonged and expensive lawsuits whereby only the lawyers will make all the money, is not the biggest concern. Patent is basically a waste of time. If I remember correctly, Max Keiser patented an exchange protocol which JPMorgan uses it for its own later, but until today I have yet to see Max Keiser suing JPMorgan. Many more similar patents were filed later. Max Keiser's patent is as good as useless. Dyson invented a very novel vacuum cleaner and patented it. The patent was less than 20 years old. Today we see many other companies manufacturing similar product, but until today I have yet to see Dyson suing these companies. Patent is useless.

I don't believe they will complement. I believe they will compete directly.
But of course we don't need to waste time arguing who is right and who is wrong.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and understanding.

At first glance is as good as no glance at all.
I made a mistake making a cursory glance (which is "at first glance") at Veritaseum and mistakenly associate it with vericoin.
That certainly was unwise.
If I was foolish to hold firm to such false understanding that Veritaseum = Vericoin, I wouldn't be part of Veritaseum today.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
davs

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:56:16 PM

Reggie Middleton is back  Veritaseum Q's and A's September 29, 2017

pt. 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4IQCWcInQ

pt. 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHqhs7terB0
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:46:17 PM

September was looking very promising for VERI, after the 18th we are again witnessing accelerated selling, the same is happening with PPT, so what are your thoughts, double bottom on .0156 btc, or even more blood?

sadly thre is no Jamaka exchange part now active yet so we will have to  bit more to come.And reggie forgot about polo/bitrex/bitfinex exchanges Smiley to get on.
We need rails to ride.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Gen6:6

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:01:03 PM

Any idea how long it took BTC to go from a few dollars to a few thousand dollars?

Think about it.

You are holding another BTC if you are holding VERI. You won't be rich by Christmas, but if you act mature and stop being fools and just get on with life while holding your bag of VERI you will retire earlier than you otherwise ever could have. It may even take 5 years....boo hoo... big deal. So many lunatics on here really don't know the precious gems they have bought and they simply won't let enough time pass by to let VERI become worth so much more. Oh well, not my problem.
ucubenix21

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

Circulating Supply           2,011,134 VERI
Total Supply                100,000,000 VERI  Shocked

Total Supply   100,000,000.00 VERI
$ 7,177,000,000.00

no comment

rubbertoe9

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:39:00 AM

Circulating Supply           2,011,134 VERI
Total Supply                100,000,000 VERI  Shocked

Total Supply   100,000,000.00 VERI
$ 7,177,000,000.00

no comment

Oh jee Rick you're so clever with your rhetoric. Except, isn't this a comment in of itself?

Huh Huh Huh Huh
explosivo

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:49:07 PM

Why is this coin tanking?
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:06:54 PM

Why are you unable to see the last few pages of this thread?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Dorky

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:05:32 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 02:24:15 PM by Dorky

I hope it has nothing to do with my post on buying LAToken.
I clearly stated not recommending selling Veritas for that purpose.
Judging by Reggie's work in the background meeting with governments, institutions, etc, Veritas is like a highly pressurized gas tank (you can interpret that however you like).
Having said that, I think Reggie should allocate half of his time attending Blockchain conferences and give talks for free in return for a higher brand exposure.
Not every talk needs to involve money; as if Reggie isn't getting anything in return for giving free talks.
Free talks lead to higher brand exposure.
Higher brand exposure leads to better pricing for the token.
Reggie should adopt flexible approach in this.
No matter who your target audience/user is, you should know well enough that the community is the main driver.
And that's why you (Reggie) tweets and make Youtube videos.
However, that is not enough.
If you attend talks only if you get highly paid to do so, that shows you are a highly materialistic person.
A highly materialistic person has no God in his heart.
Don't be such person.
You need to know that you and your business is not exclusive in a world of asset tokenization.
Limiting your business orientation to just consultancy approach is a roadblock to greater success.

The total supply vs circulating supply isn't a problem.
Different ICO projects do similar thing differently.
I believe it has more to do with getting better pricing (to the token holders as well as to Veritaseum mainly, due to high demand in thin market) and controlled allocation of supply to the intended user base.
There is no point selling everything to the market and end up giving institutions/governments/etc a very hard time to acquire the token later on.
This is why we see growing numbers of ICOs reserving a large chunk of their token for future distributions, similar to what Veritaseum is doing, but differently.
These ICOs are selling a small chunk of their total supply to grow a market, and let it grow bigger before distributing the rest of the supply in controlled manner.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Elven_King

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:04:04 PM

Go to the bounty link above click and read the portion about translating. There are linkis to the docs to be translated..We will need you to monitor the docs that you translate and post, of course.
Gen6:6

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:43:04 PM

Answer: because you are looking at a price derived from a couple of very small-time exchanges which have very little volume in the big scheme of things.

You cannot get true price discovery from EtherDelta and things like that. It is way too small for something like VERI.

So, big players are buying direct from Reggie - big players are not using the silly little toys like EtherDelta.

VERI will get listed on it's own exchange when Reggie gets it up and running. This takes TIME, not weeks but potentially months and years, but more probably just months. When a proper road has been laid for big players to actually buy VERI in a legitimate way (not using the small little toys like EtherDelta) then the price will start to show true price discovery.

Also remember: the product isn't fully up and running yet, but Reggie and team are making great headway. They are going on a longer-term path that takes longer to produce the goods but will strike gold when he hits his targets. He is working on those targets. Over the months ahead he will continue to work on the targets. When he hits just one good one - bang - VERI will be worth so much more. But it needs buyers from the big players who will not be using the silly little exchanges that people like me and you use.

VERI will be sold directly in private deals and on serious institutional platforms - the kind we don't deal with. It just takes... yep, you guessed it.... TIME!

So again, in case the point wasn't made properly - this coin is quote "tanking" (which is isn't really, but whatever) because it is simply floating on a couple of crappy exchanges with low volume - this CANNOT reflect it's true price. Forget Bittrex and all that stuff - they cater to people like us too but just in bigger volume. VERI will be aimed at institutional players who do not go to Bittrex and EtherDelta like the small fish (us) do.

Let Reggie keep making and closing deals with the right people, let the natural time pass that needs to pass, let VERI's platform get up and running properly, let VERI get listed on it's own platform and/or with the JSE for institutional players, let the word get out that institutional players need VERI to save massive amounts of money on their business... etc... and in due course the inevitable will happen: the VERI software token will become much more valuable.

I'm excited about the future of VERI but really disappointed with amateur traders/investors sitting in their parent's basement wondering why "this coin is tanking" or "when will this coin go up" etc. It's a shame people without any experience in markets were allowed to invest in it, frankly. And all ICOs really. They are bringing everybody else down like a cancer. People who are watching the price thinking "why aren't I rich yet?" are just child investors. They have no place in crypto investment. Learn how long it takes for legacy investments like stocks to make, say, 100% return and then realise just how lucky you have been up to now by knowing about crypto (believe me, most people do not know crypto exists let alone have made a penny from it). If you have already made 50% or more on your investments on this ICO craze then wow you are doing well compared to traditional legacy investments.

The world (the big players) are waking up and wanting a slice of the pie. BTC will benefit greatly, as will ETH, and VERI will too. You just gotta wait for goodness sake. What is the hardship in waiting?Huh Sorry you cannot buy that Ferrari before Christmas but who knows, maybe in a few years you will have one or whatever. Let the company take a breath and work it's magic for goodness sake.
Dorky

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:16:06 PM

While Reggie may be working like a horse selling millions of VERI to institutions/governments/etc, he certainly won't be happy selling them for USD 60+ instead of USD 100+.

So even though it is affected by "amateurs", the price tanking is still very much a relevant thing to Reggie (I believe).

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
azmojo

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:42:31 PM

I also disagree that the price is tanking but whatever.
I think a little perspective is needed.
Almost ever ICO since May that I have followed has had a similar trajectory. The token is hot when it hit the exchages. The devs get to work but their work is going to take months. The public gets tired of waiting and the price declines.
VERI, PPT, and other tokens are utility tokens. Value is added when the ability to use them and the use of them increases. We all know what the plans are, now it is just a matter of execution.

And I agree with Dorky. As much as Reggie downplays the importance of the price, he is just as concerned as we all are, but the last thing he is going to do is pump it falsely and wind up in legal trouble. He knows what to do to get the price up and he's doing it. I expect a flurry of announcements in Nov/Dec.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
azmojo

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

Clif High's new report is out today. Interesting mention of Germany with regard to Veritaseum. Remember the top 10 Exchange list? Maybe it is the Deutsche Boerse Reggie has been talking to.

The report discusses positive things for VERI, with "the 'unhappy times' begrudgingly being 'faded memories'  in the fastest rate in the late Jan timeframe.

Translation: BUY THESE DIPS, you will be glad you did.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
PANCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:36:51 AM

While Reggie may be working like a horse selling millions of VERI to institutions/governments/etc, he certainly won't be happy selling them for USD 60+ instead of USD 100+.

So even though it is affected by "amateurs", the price tanking is still very much a relevant thing to Reggie (I believe).

Well you believe wrong, the price does not matter one bit at this moment, not for Reggie and not for me as an investor. I'm actually VERI happy with the tanking, I hope it stays this way so I can keep stacking.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:42:12 AM

Clif High's new report is out today. Interesting mention of Germany with regard to Veritaseum. Remember the top 10 Exchange list? Maybe it is the Deutsche Boerse Reggie has been talking to.

The report discusses positive things for VERI, with "the 'unhappy times' begrudgingly being 'faded memories'  in the fastest rate in the late Jan timeframe.

Translation: BUY THESE DIPS, you will be glad you did.

I have to admit that it's tough to understand what clif is saying sometimes. It's like a different language.

azmojo

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:08:07 AM

Well you believe wrong, the price does not matter one bit at this moment, not for Reggie and not for me as an investor. I'm actually VERI happy with the tanking, I hope it stays this way so I can keep stacking.
It's a double-edged sword. While Reggie does have an interest in the price, it probably doesn't matter too much to him if he makes large sales now while it is cheap.
I agree it is time to pick up more, I have all I think I will ever need though. I can't lie though, if it could multiple a little bit though I would like to cash out some to fund some plans of mine Wink

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Dorky

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:32:38 PM

LAToken is organizing a forum to discuss about blockchain economy.
Maybe Reggie can consider participating to increase Veritaseum's brand exposure.
I can see the CEO of LAToken's approach is more towards collaboration than competition.
Certainly the kind of audience to encounter will not be the same.

http://blockchainforum.global/

Update:
Eh, I browsed through the participants and to my surprise found this guy named John Kim that's an advisor to Veritaseum.com.
Never thought the team has an advisor.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:55:59 PM

It's a double-edged sword. While Reggie does have an interest in the price, it probably doesn't matter too much to him if he makes large sales now while it is cheap.
I agree it is time to pick up more, I have all I think I will ever need though. I can't lie though, if it could multiple a little bit though I would like to cash out some to fund some plans of mine Wink

I am not telling you what to do.

But in my experience cashing out of a rising star is the biggest mistake people can make in investing. It's actually the sinking boats that have to be abandoned ASAP or when the water is at your knees.

In my opinion VERI has a lot of potential, real world potential, not just mumbo jumbo shiny website but no project that most ICO tokens put out. It has a lot of energy behind it, so in my opinion it will be successful.

Now why on earth would somebody want to abandon something that can potentially be very successful?

Abandon a high probability positive thing to a low probability (uncertain) positive thing? I think that's foolish.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

I am not telling you what to do.

But in my experience cashing out of a rising star is the biggest mistake people can make in investing. It's actually the sinking boats that have to be abandoned ASAP or when the water is at your knees.

In my opinion VERI has a lot of potential, real world potential, not just mumbo jumbo shiny website but no project that most ICO tokens put out. It has a lot of energy behind it, so in my opinion it will be successful.

Now why on earth would somebody want to abandon something that can potentially be very successful?

Abandon a high probability positive thing to a low probability (uncertain) positive thing? I think that's foolish.

You're spot on. Volatility is part of the crypto game. You can't make money if you emotionally react to volatility.

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: