Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:56:50 PM

While Reggie may be working like a horse selling millions of VERI to institutions/governments/etc, he certainly won't be happy selling them for USD 60+ instead of USD 100+.

So even though it is affected by "amateurs", the price tanking is still very much a relevant thing to Reggie (I believe).

Well you believe wrong, the price does not matter one bit at this moment, not for Reggie and not for me as an investor. I'm actually VERI happy with the tanking, I hope it stays this way so I can keep stacking.
It's a double-edged sword. While Reggie does have an interest in the price, it probably doesn't matter too much to him if he makes large sales now while it is cheap.
I agree it is time to pick up more, I have all I think I will ever need though. I can't lie though, if it could multiple a little bit though I would like to cash out some to fund some plans of mine Wink

I am not telling you what to do.

But in my experience cashing out of a rising star is the biggest mistake people can make in investing. It's actually the sinking boats that have to be abandoned ASAP or when the water is at your knees.

In my opinion VERI has a lot of potential, real world potential, not just mumbo jumbo shiny website but no project that most ICO tokens put out. It has a lot of energy behind it, so in my opinion it will be successful.

Now why on earth would somebody want to abandon something that can potentially be very successful?

Abandon a high probability positive thing to a low probability (uncertain) positive thing? I think that's foolish.

You're spot on. Volatility is part of the crypto game. You can't make money if you emotionally react to volatility.
But taking profits is important too. I've ridden things up - WAY UP - only to ride them back down to where I started. Never again...

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PANCrypto

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:46:01 AM

Reggie Middelton on RT

https://youtu.be/aUqkGJbyFzQ?t=17m48s
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:19:48 AM

While Reggie may be working like a horse selling millions of VERI to institutions/governments/etc, he certainly won't be happy selling them for USD 60+ instead of USD 100+.

So even though it is affected by "amateurs", the price tanking is still very much a relevant thing to Reggie (I believe).

Well you believe wrong, the price does not matter one bit at this moment, not for Reggie and not for me as an investor. I'm actually VERI happy with the tanking, I hope it stays this way so I can keep stacking.
It's a double-edged sword. While Reggie does have an interest in the price, it probably doesn't matter too much to him if he makes large sales now while it is cheap.
I agree it is time to pick up more, I have all I think I will ever need though. I can't lie though, if it could multiple a little bit though I would like to cash out some to fund some plans of mine Wink

But in my experience cashing out of a rising star is the biggest mistake people can make in investing. It's actually the sinking boats that have to be abandoned ASAP or when the water is at your knees.

In my opinion VERI has a lot of potential, real world potential, not just mumbo jumbo shiny website but no project that most ICO tokens put out. It has a lot of energy behind it, so in my opinion it will be successful.

Now why on earth would somebody want to abandon something that can potentially be very successful?

Abandon a high probability positive thing to a low probability (uncertain) positive thing? I think that's foolish.

You're spot on. Volatility is part of the crypto game. You can't make money if you emotionally react to volatility.
But taking profits is important too. I've ridden things up - WAY UP - only to ride them back down to where I started. Never again...

You can make lots of money with volatility. My point was more that your emotions shouldn't dictate how you react to it.

ucubenix21

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:21:58 AM

Circulating Supply           2,011,134 VERI
Total Supply                100,000,000 VERI  Shocked

Total Supply   100,000,000.00 VERI
$ 7,177,000,000.00

no comment

Oh jee Rick you're so clever with your rhetoric. Except, isn't this a comment in of itself?

Huh Huh Huh Huh
Reggie man's name is 7 billion dollars, I think the real one is under $ 1: =)
Gen6:6

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:24:10 AM

True but... time frame is everything. You can ride up to $500 and wish you cashed out when it goes down to $100 again... but... 3 years later it is sitting at $5,000 and you are glad you didn't. It's just a time frame game depending on your personal needs at any given time.
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:55:01 PM

It is very likely people are selling because of the coming hard fucks, I mean forks, of ethereum and bitcoin.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Gen6:6

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:38:30 AM

It's ok, give the project a year or two and this software token will be higher in price. Give it three to five years and the software will be very valuable I'm sure.
shangerlaa

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:46:25 PM

When people in the crypto space don't invest in it ( a lot of the investors have a tech back ground that understand how software development works) it shows they don't believe in Reggie tech skills. If outside investor were going heavy into it Tim Draper would be the first to jump in. I don't see any article on him investing in it or articles on outside investors. Show me an article of rich billionaires investing in veritaseum. Until then no proof. But this is an article explaining why people are dumping it or not interested in it. Lots of red flags. https://medium.com/@EthereumRussian/veritaseum-is-a-scam-c6e05fb1e4eb

So to your question on why its tanking. That article pretty much sums it up.I saw the website it was huge red flag for me. Thats what I always pay attention to is the first thing the website and the people behind it. Does the person running it have skills in software development and do they have a passion for that industry. If not its not something I am interested in. A good example is ethereum. It has huge community huge team and Vitalik tech saavy eat, breaths, sleeps ethereum. Reggie I don't think is tech saavy type and Crypto space is who different demon then the stock market.
PANCrypto

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:06:39 AM

When people in the crypto space don't invest in it ( a lot of the investors have a tech back ground that understand how software development works) it shows they don't believe in Reggie tech skills. If outside investor were going heavy into it Tim Draper would be the first to jump in. I don't see any article on him investing in it or articles on outside investors. Show me an article of rich billionaires investing in veritaseum. Until then no proof. But this is an article explaining why people are dumping it or not interested in it. Lots of red flags. https://medium.com/@EthereumRussian/veritaseum-is-a-scam-c6e05fb1e4eb

So to your question on why its tanking. That article pretty much sums it up.I saw the website it was huge red flag for me. Thats what I always pay attention to is the first thing the website and the people behind it. Does the person running it have skills in software development and do they have a passion for that industry. If not its not something I am interested in. A good example is ethereum. It has huge community huge team and Vitalik tech saavy eat, breaths, sleeps ethereum. Reggie I don't think is tech saavy type and Crypto space is who different demon then the stock market.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy please spread the fear so the weak hands drop and I fill my pockets with cheap VERI.

If you're not interested in it why go on this forum and post, a real low life  Cheesy

A post like this is a immediate ignore button. 
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:24:06 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 04:08:29 AM by Dorky

I would say that if the Veritaseum team has any managerial competency, then they should take some effort (no matter the trouble) to debunk all the points mentioned in that article.
Sure the community can answer that for Reggie, but isn't that supposed to be Reggie's responsibility?

I believe it was not Youtube blogger CryptO that made Veritaseum famous, but Clif High and jsnip4.
I can see there are several wrong information/statement in that article that is biased towards Veritaseum but let's leave the work to Veritaseum team to debunk them, even if it means having to repeat the same answers all over again.

Like I said before, Veritaseum should have a comprehensive FAQ in place to answer/debunk such misinformation.
It doesn't really pay the team well by having to repeat the same work over and over again instead of having a comprehensive FAQ in place to conveniently do the same job.
But good that the team took my advice (or complain) for a FAQ, but still not complete/comprehensive enough.
That Medium article should provide further points to be added into the FAQ.
Despite my nickname, Veritaseum team would be far better off if it swallows its pride and take my advice.
Yes, a comprehensive FAQ can make a huge difference that even Reggie can fail to see.

Edit:
An ICO can have nice website with great team (ref: SALT Lending), but even then many are now shouting scam despite such niceties.

Update:
Having said all that, I believe I have a part to play too. I would like to refer the Medium article writer to http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/26-veritaseum-faq-frequently-asked-questions for clarification.
Personally I am far less worried about scam factor than the adoption of the Veritaseum platform by institutions.

Update #2:
I personally think the Gnosis report numbers were not plucked out of thin air, but derived from very specific questions asked, much like the ones asked in its report on Ripple.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:20:02 PM

Update:
Having said all that, I believe I have a part to play too. I would like to refer the Medium article writer to http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/26-veritaseum-faq-frequently-asked-questions for clarification.
Personally I am far less worried about scam factor than the adoption of the Veritaseum platform by institutions.

The FAQ does not answer the points the article is critizing.

Anyway, the article addresses the bad website. The article is right on this. The website could be improved. But, there are some ICOs which does not offer a good website either. In addition, Reggie gives a lot of information on the progress on YouTube which is very good.

The only thing which puzzles me: Is the team really so small?
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

That's a valid question.

But the article said the team is a scam partly because of a bad website is not justified.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
CoinQuests

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:14:34 PM

I don't see VERITASEUM make it into 2018. I'm cashing out. Best of luck to those who still believe.
davs

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:16:20 PM

Bix Weir's new video talking about Veritaseum (tc 16:30), it looks like some big announcements are coming soon.

https://youtu.be/TroLEYcTuBg?t=16m30s
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:22:57 PM

Wait until Reggie lands the first big deal and then the rest will start flowing like wine. This thing is gonna come on so strong when the floodgates open.
CoinQuests

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:27:26 PM

For those who have not read.

https://cryptohydra.com/crypto-reports/veritaseum-veri/
davs

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:36:21 PM

Update:

Anyway, the article addresses the bad website. The article is right on this. The website could be improved. But, there are some ICOs which does not offer a good website either. In addition, Reggie gives a lot of information on the progress on YouTube which is very good.

Whatever you do in your life there will always be adversaries, haters and critics. Reggie is doing a great job with his live youtube Q&A videos. but i also think he should do a bit more to improve company's overall image, having a professional-looking website is a must, as i understand they ARE hiring some more staff too.
Sometimes a thousand times repeated lie (about Veritaseum being a scam) can become someone's truth eventualy.
PANCrypto

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:01:27 PM

Love all these haters, noobs, fudsters and trolls.

Sell all your VERI jump ship and don't look back!!!

I have a hard time communicating on this thread with all these dumb questions and remarks. Website, team bla bla. Those questions come from people who are maybe still young, or just not that smart. They clearly don't know anything about VERI or it's progress.

VERI is doing perfect, far better than most of the other crypto's out there

Do some of you realize what you can do on this platform? Me and you and everybody else with access to the platform can start trading peer to peer with each other and with everything else that's normally on exchanges.

This is far bigger than some of you think, when VERI starts lifting off, everybody is going to want to use the platform.

Just imagine buying a house or an island in the Bahamas with your crypto profits  Grin The time, paperwork, middlemen and fees you have to go through.  With VERI you can do that in a few clicks and maybe 24 hours. Off course besides compliant regulatory components.

Stop worrying about prices, it doesn't even reflect the real value of Veritaseum. If you are real VERI holder you know you're holding valuable keys to this platform and you buy at these prices instead of whining.
davs

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:39:29 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 08:51:13 PM by davs

Love all these haters, noobs, fudsters and trolls.

Sell all your VERI jump ship and don't look back!!!

I have a hard time communicating on this thread with all these dumb questions and remarks. Website, team bla bla. Those questions come from people who are maybe still young, or just not that smart. They clearly don't know anything about VERI or it's progress.

VERI is doing perfect, far better than most of the other crypto's out there

Do some of you realize what you can do on this platform? Me and you and everybody else with access to the platform can start trading peer to peer with each other and with everything else that's normally on exchanges.

This is far bigger than some of you think, when VERI starts lifting off, everybody is going to want to use the platform.

Just imagine buying a house or an island in the Bahamas with your crypto profits  Grin The time, paperwork, middlemen and fees you have to go through.  With VERI you can do that in a few clicks and maybe 24 hours. Off course besides compliant regulatory components.

Stop worrying about prices, it doesn't even reflect the real value of Veritaseum. If you are real VERI holder you know you're holding valuable keys to this platform and you buy at these prices instead of whining.

Personally, I don't care about the website, but most 'young' people do care about that and they are the ones writing all those negative articles about Veritaseum based mostly on how Veritaseum's website looks like, which is stupid because the product is excellent, so why feed the trolls?
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:14:14 PM

You don't have to have a large team these days. It's called contracting or sub-contracting.
Reggie finalizing a deal with a top 10 stock exchange will do more for the price of VERI than a fancy website. Where do you want him to put his effort?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: