Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TOKENCARD  (Read 97807 times)
Homes

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

I don’t quite remember who, but someone from another large project told me from experience that once we launch this would be the nr. 1 question in the slack. They were right; and I think we’d do good to at some point silence this question Wink

I don't think above response qualifies as an answer. This whole thing seems like a massive scam and instead of worrying about card deliveries or coin being listed on Poloniex people should consider class action against Tokencard due to false claims and misrepresentation. Any one of us can have a successful ICO if we falsely use logos and names of big brands. The only way to get the money back is to take them to court.  

Now if you bothered to read anything there is no false claims.
It is still a VISA card and will still be VISA branded. It even says so in the Q&A you just quoted. That they use a 3rd party to handle that part of the transfer was also listed in their FAQ and whitepaper.

They have removed links to Visa or Visa logo immediately after Visa confirmed to Financial Times journalist that they have nothing to do with Tokencard. Why did they use Visa references to begin with if they knew that they are not allowed to use them? Instead of apologising to their investors and taking responsibility they started blaming media for misrepresenting their company. That's completely preposterous. So far I haven't heard that Tokencard is taking legal action against any media outlets for slander and defamation of character? if Tokencard was not in a wrong why didn't they just leave Visa references on their website? Because they were in the wrong and they know it. 

Now they are talking about some kind of ''brilliant authorised Issuing Bank in Gibraltar''. What is the name of this bank? Why it hasn't been revealed? They promised BIG ANNOUCMENT early this week on several occasions. Where is this big announcement? It's mid week already. 

Don't be naïve to believe everything you read. Look at the facts, they are highly incompetent and best, complete scammers at worst. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:58:50 PM

They have removed links to Visa or Visa logo immediately after Visa confirmed to Financial Times journalist that they have nothing to do with Tokencard. Why did they use Visa references to begin with if they knew that they are not allowed to use them? Instead of apologising to their investors and taking responsibility they started blaming media for misrepresenting their company. That's completely preposterous. So far I haven't heard that Tokencard is taking legal action against any media outlets for slander and defamation of character? if Tokencard was not in a wrong why didn't they just leave Visa references on their website? Because they were in the wrong and they know it. 

Now they are talking about some kind of ''brilliant authorised Issuing Bank in Gibraltar''. What is the name of this bank? Why it hasn't been revealed? They promised BIG ANNOUCMENT early this week on several occasions. Where is this big announcement? It's mid week already. 

Don't be naïve to believe everything you read. Look at the facts, they are highly incompetent and best, complete scammers at worst. 

Once again I read the whitepaper. Something you should have done before even considering investing imo. Its still the exact same card as was promised.

Regarding whether this is early or mid week now is basicly splitting hairs. The week has 7 days it is only at the beginning of day 3.

If you are that unhappy I would suggest you sell your coins and move on.

Homes

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:51:03 PM

Once again I read the whitepaper. Something you should have done before even considering investing imo. Its still the exact same card as was promised.

Regarding whether this is early or mid week now is basicly splitting hairs. The week has 7 days it is only at the beginning of day 3.

I read their whitepaper and it has no relevance to what I'm trying to say. They can have the best whitepaper in the world but if execution is not there the white paper becomes worthless. So far Tokencard's team has proven to be completely incapable and unexperienced in running a project like this. They screwed up their coin distribution, illegally referenced Visa on their website and still haven't announced the name of the bank they allegedly have partnership with.

Trust me, more than anyone, I would like to believe that this project will become a success. But in order for this to happen Tokencard needs to get a grip, take some responsibility, perhaps sack several people accountable for this mess and become more transparent.
mummybtc

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:48:22 PM

It is good to have whitepaper well detailed out but that is not enough to quarantee success. The mess up of Visa partnership is a stain on the team, they should have done better because Visa is a worldwide brand that spent alot of money to build her brand

I read their whitepaper and it has no relevance to what I'm trying to say. They can have the best whitepaper in the world but if execution is not there the white paper becomes worthless. So far Tokencard's team has proven to be completely incapable and unexperienced in running a project like this. They screwed up their coin distribution, illegally referenced Visa on their website and still haven't announced the name of the bank they allegedly have partnership with.

Trust me, more than anyone, I would like to believe that this project will become a success. But in order for this to happen Tokencard needs to get a grip, take some responsibility, perhaps sack several people accountable for this mess and become more transparent.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:58:14 PM

I think some investors managed to buy TKN at a discounted rate, so their costs are lower.

Nope, ICO was handled by ETH code, it's public.
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:14:20 PM

What happens, why does the price drop, this coin is already scammed?
Turing

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:47:51 PM

Nope.
Just wait for september.
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 08:30:50 AM

Nope.
Just wait for september.

Why september ? I think we're are going to see some movement much sooner Wink
Homes

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

Thursday now - by no one's definition this can be considered an early week. Where the f*** is this promised announcement?
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

I was an early investor in Tokencard and have sold all my TKN already in the past two weeks.... I might buy back in once the price comes over a dollar again but given the lack of competence by the TokenCard Team to engage in timely communication and their inability to act like a professional $12M company, i doubt this token will have the future we were all expecting...

Obviously from all of the possible things you can build on ethereum, the ''king of the hill'' will be the financial instrument to bridge eth and the other tokens with usd and euro... This means you need to be the best on all fronts to earn this title and own the finance market of the Ethereum platform..

Tokencard has not shown me any signs of being able to take this roll upon them, more the contrary to be honest... Im sure another great debit card Ethereum team will emerge soon, with a serious board, good marketing managers, and a winning business attitude..

I cashed out with a minor loss and will be ready to buy back in once Tokencard improves... but they better start learning from their mistakes... Most of us bought in to what we thought was an Elon Musk type revolution for liquidating ethereum tokens, but in reality got a bunch of 20+ gamers in charge that have not yet proven to have any business instinct at all...

Just to be clear this is no FUD just to troll.. I have followed the team since day 1 of the ICO and have been present in Slack all the time... So far this Team lacks a business instinct and this might be futile for this project in my honest opinion.. Please prove me wrong and good luck!
Homes

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:55:23 AM

I was an early investor in Tokencard and have sold all my TKN already in the past two weeks.... I might buy back in once the price comes over a dollar again but given the lack of competence by the TokenCard Team to engage in timely communication and their inability to act like a professional $12M company, i doubt this token will have the future we were all expecting...

Obviously from all of the possible things you can build on ethereum, the ''king of the hill'' will be the financial instrument to bridge eth and the other tokens with usd and euro... This means you need to be the best on all fronts to earn this title and own the finance market of the Ethereum platform..

Tokencard has not shown me any signs of being able to take this roll upon them, more the contrary to be honest... Im sure another great debit card Ethereum team will emerge soon, with a serious board, good marketing managers, and a winning business attitude..

I cashed out with a minor loss and will be ready to buy back in once Tokencard improves... but they better start learning from their mistakes... Most of us bought in to what we thought was an Elon Musk type revolution for liquidating ethereum tokens, but in reality got a bunch of 20+ gamers in charge that have not yet proven to have any business instinct at all...

Just to be clear this is no FUD just to troll.. I have followed the team since day 1 of the ICO and have been present in Slack all the time... So far this Team lacks a business instinct and this might be futile for this project in my honest opinion.. Please prove me wrong and good luck!

Amen brother. Given the success of their ICO it won't take long for someone more competent to replicate the idea and take the crown. I still hope they will pull their act together.
kj15

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:22:49 AM

Im sure another great debit card Ethereum team will emerge soon, with a serious board, good marketing managers, and a winning business attitude..

There is already one. Take a look at TenX.
kj15

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:28:14 AM

[/quote]

They have removed links to Visa or Visa logo immediately after Visa confirmed to Financial Times journalist that they have nothing to do with Tokencard. Why did they use Visa references to begin with if they knew that they are not allowed to use them? Instead of apologising to their investors and taking responsibility they started blaming media for misrepresenting their company. That's completely preposterous.

[/quote]

Exactly. No apologies, outrageous. Mel = very, very, very arrogant person.
Reaper3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:38:42 AM

Amen brother. Given the success of their ICO it won't take long for someone more competent to replicate the idea and take the crown. I still hope they will pull their act together.

There already is a new one https://mona.co/ also listed on icocountdown

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
kj15

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:40:06 AM

They have removed links to Visa or Visa logo immediately after Visa confirmed to Financial Times journalist that they have nothing to do with Tokencard. Why did they use Visa references to begin with if they knew that they are not allowed to use them? Instead of apologising to their investors and taking responsibility they started blaming media for misrepresenting their company. That's completely preposterous.

[/quote]

Exactly. No apologies, outrageous. Mel = very, very, very arrogant person.
[/quote]

"Monaco" card
https://twitter.com/monaco_card

mundoyk

Activity: 127
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:31:02 PM

https://mona.co/tokensale.html
announcement 1 day before ICO
that screams SCAM
Densitymax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:06:03 PM

There already is a new one https://mona.co/ also listed on icocountdown

Trying to wave a successful project deceive people. We must be cautious about such projects.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
█  ▄▄▀▀          ▀▀▄▄  █
█ █   ██▄▄     ▄██   █ █
█ █   ▄ ▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀██   █ █
█ █   ███▄ ▀▀██ ██   █ █
█ █   ██      ▀ ██   █ █
█ █   ██        ██   █ █
█  ▀▀▄▄          ▄▄▀▀  █
 ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄  ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▀▀
Modex              
SMART CONTRACT MARKETPLACE
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
TWITTER          LINKEDIN          SLACK
▬▬▬▬▬    FACEBOOK          TELEGRAM    ▬▬▬▬▬
DEVELOP  ●  DISTRIBUTE  ●  DEPLOY
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
Turing

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

Thursday now - by no one's definition this can be considered an early week. Where the f*** is this promised announcement?

There is no official Tokencard topic on Bitcointalk, so I don't know who posted anything about a "announcement" but it wasn't Tokencard crew.

Bitcointalk is not really important and I understand why: TKN did a 12.5 million Dollar ICO in just over 27 minutes without an official BCT topic. That's real money.

Just hold, be patient or sell if you feel uncomfortable.
sotisoti

Activity: 762

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

https://mona.co/tokensale.html
announcement 1 day before ICO
that screams SCAM
A ninja ICO, LOLZ.........

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Homes

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:12:36 AM

There is no official Tokencard topic on Bitcointalk, so I don't know who posted anything about a "announcement" but it wasn't Tokencard crew.

Bitcointalk is not really important and I understand why: TKN did a 12.5 million Dollar ICO in just over 27 minutes without an official BCT topic. That's real money.

Just hold, be patient or sell if you feel uncomfortable.

Below are the quotes from the interview with Mel Girdeman last week, I'm not making this stuff up. If you promise to make an announcement make one or don't make false promises. Simple.

and early next week we should (finally) be able to make a large public announcement

On this front please await a large announcement post early next week.

There are also some fantastic additional services we?ll be offering (announcement soon).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: