Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Road to RX 570/580 7 GPU MINING RIG  (Read 83707 times)
Gigasnike95 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

I found out that its possible to mod the driver somehow? Maybe this is the way.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=405134

?

it seems the issue is the combination of the driver and windows, when you try it in linux with more than 4 GPUs you have activate in the BIOS the option 4g decoding, then, when you try to boot the OS, it doesnt work, but it seems the problem is the the boot sistem, if you have an EFI system partition, it should work, we are going to try in 2 or 3 hours, we will keep you informed.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:37:12 PM

Well - That's a lot more information than I have now, thank you!!! Very much appreciated.

I may have to give unbuntu a try - the wattman tool on the 580's is being glitchy on the rx580's. Every time I make a change - even a fan change - it knocks a card out. Resets to default wattman settings. I have to reset and then one of my card gets the error. Then I disable/re-enable and it works fine. So any changes to voltage aren't working for me right now anyways. What a headache this has been. Not so happy with the 580's right now.

Disable Wattman and use MSI Afterburner instead. Much better results. Better control. Profiles. Tuning all cards simultaneously. Etc.

Is there a way to disable Wattman? I looked around and googled it, I don't see anyway to disable it. There seems to be some sort of conflict with the MSI Afterburner and Wattman. The MSI Wattman will only change one card - and the rest will get stuck at 300mhz. It doesn't matter whether it's synced or I try to change individually. At that point, Wattman will only let me manipulate one card and the rest grey out. As soon as I remove AB, profile and settings - everything is back to normal. Wattman will let me modify each card, but completely unstable. Even the smallest of changes such as fan control makes wattman crash, defaults back to regular settings. Then I usually have to reset. It's the same deal on 3 different rigs.

MSI Z170A PRO GAMING CARBON
MSI RX580
Riddle

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:36:32 PM

I got 2 rx570
1 rx580
2 rx480
1 rx470

And cant boot 6 gpu take code 43 error.

"If you're getting any code 43's on 4 cards, you need to regedit hack Windows "DisplayLessPolicy" and "LimitVideoPresentSources" (google)."

Will it work for me I get tired trying Sad
renzonline

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:28:27 PM

Is it possible to combine rx 480 vs rx 570 in the same rig?
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:51:30 PM

I got 2 rx570
1 rx580
2 rx480
1 rx470

"If you're getting any code 43's on 4 cards, you need to regedit hack Windows "DisplayLessPolicy" and "LimitVideoPresentSources" (google)."

Hard to tell, just do it first lol it takes 10mins to do.

Also make sure your PCIe lanes are set to Gen1, that can cause Code 43 sometimes. If youve done all that, disable the 43'ing card, wait, and re-enable it.

Well - That's a lot more information than I have now, thank you!!! Very much appreciated.

I may have to give unbuntu a try - the wattman tool on the 580's is being glitchy on the rx580's. Every time I make a change - even a fan change - it knocks a card out. Resets to default wattman settings. I have to reset and then one of my card gets the error. Then I disable/re-enable and it works fine. So any changes to voltage aren't working for me right now anyways. What a headache this has been. Not so happy with the 580's right now.

Disable Wattman and use MSI Afterburner instead. Much better results. Better control. Profiles. Tuning all cards simultaneously. Etc.

Is there a way to disable Wattman? I looked around and googled it, I don't see anyway to disable it. There seems to be some sort of conflict with the MSI Afterburner and Wattman. The MSI Wattman will only change one card - and the rest will get stuck at 300mhz. It doesn't matter whether it's synced or I try to change individually. At that point, Wattman will only let me manipulate one card and the rest grey out. As soon as I remove AB, profile and settings - everything is back to normal. Wattman will let me modify each card, but completely unstable. Even the smallest of changes such as fan control makes wattman crash, defaults back to regular settings. Then I usually have to reset. It's the same deal on 3 different rigs.

MSI RX580

Just reinstall the drivers after using DDU and don't accept the Wattman warning. Also the "get stuck at 300mhz" is a sign of ULPS mode, use AB to disable ULPS

what are the steps to get UEFI and finally get 7 running? is it enough to set like this in the installation?

Use Ubuntu Server v 16.04 LTS if you want to get it working. Set BIOS to UEFI Only and let the installer handle partitioning. I also recommend NOT using LVM when partitioning, just use the whole disk without LVM (its an install option). You should get a prompt to force UEFI installation during the process as well.
Riddle

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:13:40 PM

Thanks I tried windows dont work gonna try ubuntu
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 03:09:30 PM

So no fix for windows yet?

Apneal

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:12:40 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 12:22:12 AM by mprep

So no fix for windows yet?

Not until the drivers are fixed. The last drivers that work on Windows don't support RX580, and no one has been able to get RX580 backflashed to 480 to accept RX480 drivers yet.

I found out that its possible to mod the driver somehow? Maybe this is the way.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=405134

?

it seems the issue is the combination of the driver and windows, when you try it in linux with more than 4 GPUs you have activate in the BIOS the option 4g decoding, then, when you try to boot the OS, it doesnt work, but it seems the problem is the the boot sistem, if you have an EFI system partition, it should work, we are going to try in 2 or 3 hours, we will keep you informed.

Hope you got your kernel EFI stub booting working. I know it took me a full day. The instructions on this page work: https://wiki.debian.org/EFIStub just replace the Debian references to Ubuntu
BeyondDeception

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:32:34 PM

I got 2 rx570
1 rx580
2 rx480
1 rx470

Also make sure your PCIe lanes are set to Gen1, that can cause Code 43 sometimes. If youve done all that, disable the 43'ing card, wait, and re-enable it.

MSI RX580

Just reinstall the drivers after using DDU and don't accept the Wattman warning. Also the "get stuck at 300mhz" is a sign of ULPS mode, use AB to disable ULPS

Loving that DDU! Thank you - but the bad news is, it didn't work. Uninstalled the driver. Reinstalled it. Didn't accept the Wattman warning. Installed AB and disabled the ULPS. Same thing still happens. Tried it on two different machines and as soon as I try to make a change - it changes one card and the rest get stuck at 300mhz. Even the smallest of changes, it doesn't matter. Then I have to uninstall AB and profiles/settings - and they are back to normal.

Wondering if AB needs to come out with a new version to make it compatible with the RX580's or it's an AMD driver issue? Has anyone else been successful?

fathal

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

" Has anyone else been successful? "

NOPE Sad WE WORKING ON IT....
Spacemarko

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:48:46 PM

"WE" ? Who is "WE"?
fathal

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:23:43 PM

"WE" ? Who is "WE"?

WE, community. WE on this topic and forum and WE all enginers in my company my friend Smiley

Look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNFPlBz3MI

Solution is just around the corner.
Apneal

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:37:18 PM

I got 2 rx570
1 rx580
2 rx480
1 rx470

MSI RX580

Loving that DDU! Thank you - but the bad news is, it didn't work. Uninstalled the driver. Reinstalled it. Didn't accept the Wattman warning. Installed AB and disabled the ULPS. Same thing still happens. Tried it on two different machines and as soon as I try to make a change - it changes one card and the rest get stuck at 300mhz. Even the smallest of changes, it doesn't matter. Then I have to uninstall AB and profiles/settings - and they are back to normal.

Wondering if AB needs to come out with a new version to make it compatible with the RX580's or it's an AMD driver issue? Has anyone else been successful?

AB 4.3.0 works perfectly fine on my RX 580's
SunStruck

Activity: 676
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:23:13 PM

Hello All.
I was able to get 6 x RX-500 series running on windows 10 x64. After two days the stupidest thing I tried worked  Grin.
1. use DDU to clean the PC from any previous drivers.
2. Disable 4G decoding so you can log into windows (only  for Z170,H170, etc.)
3. Extract older driver for RX 400 series in Drive C: (I use 16.9.2 )
4. Extract driver for RX 500 series in Drive C: (I use 17.4.3)
5. Copy and replace all content from "C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B307117"  to "C:\AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.3-Apr17\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057" (Basically you copy the old driver over the new)
6. Install the VGA cards manually from Device manager in Windows pointing path to the new driver 17.4.3 in this case.
7. Reboot and enable 4G Decoding in Bios
8. Enjoy if it works for you.

You can try with different driver versions if they work for you. I`m happy whit the 16.9.2 for the moment but any driver that works whit 6 and more RX 400 series GPUs should work  Grin.

I know  that this solution sound stupid but it`s tested on 8 different rigs whit Asus Prime Z270-P and H270 Motherboards and works like a charm.
I`m pretty sure only handful of files need to be replaced but I don have the time to test more elegant solution.

Sorry for my English and grammar. Grin

Looks like he found a way i dont have any 5xx cards to test but sounds about right
BeyondDeception

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:22:47 PM

Hello All.
I was able to get 6 x RX-500 series running on windows 10 x64. After two days the stupidest thing I tried worked  Grin.
5. Copy and replace all content from "C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B307117"  to "C:\AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.3-Apr17\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057" (Basically you copy the old driver over the new)
6. Install the VGA cards manually from Device manager in Windows pointing path to the new driver 17.4.3 in this case.

You can try with different driver versions if they work for you. I`m happy whit the 16.9.2 for the moment but any driver that works whit 6 and more RX 400 series GPUs should work  Grin.

I know  that this solution sound stupid but it`s tested on 8 different rigs whit Asus Prime Z270-P and H270 Motherboards and works like a charm.
I`m pretty sure only handful of files need to be replaced but I don have the time to test more elegant solution.

Looks like he found a way i dont have any 5xx cards to test but sounds about right

I can confirm - it works!!!
coinscrow

Activity: 1596
Merit: 305

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 03:42:16 AM

Hello All.
I was able to get 6 x RX-500 series running on windows 10 x64. After two days the stupidest thing I tried worked  Grin.
2. Disable 4G decoding so you can log into windows (only  for Z170,H170, etc.)
5. Copy and replace all content from "C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B307117"  to "C:\AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.3-Apr17\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057" (Basically you copy the old driver over the new)

You can try with different driver versions if they work for you. I`m happy whit the 16.9.2 for the moment but any driver that works whit 6 and more RX 400 series GPUs should work  Grin.

I know  that this solution sound stupid but it`s tested on 8 different rigs whit Asus Prime Z270-P and H270 Motherboards and works like a charm.

I can confirm - it works!!!

I tested with BTC r2.0
AMD Remove Tool. -> Reboot
I used with 17.1.1 driver, I just put the oldest files to 17.4.4 \Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057
Manual install driver, bios mod, ati pixel clock patch -> reboot.

6gpu 570 rig works as it should  Cool Wink

Anyone know a WattTool alternative to RX 500?
Offset and Voltage options won't work. I can get 29.5Mh/s with claymore -mclock 2000

Without it only 25Mh after bios mod

SunStruck

Activity: 676
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:20:00 AM

Try msi afterburner or claymore to regulate mv
BeyondDeception

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:26:24 AM

Yeah, like Sunstruck said - MSI AB or just do it manually in Claymore. After using Wattman for awhile, I think either of these options are better anyways. At least IMO. I found Wattman to be a frustrating experience, because I couldn't figure out how to sync my changes to all the cards. I had to manually input them to each card - and then when wattman reset to default settings do to some error - I had to re-input all the settings. Ug! Unless, someone knows something I don't? Which is very possible... Smiley
fathal

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:30:23 AM

IS WORKING  - WE CONFIRM!

Hello All.

GREAT WORK antanas012 - is it Yours Masterpiece?
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:54:07 AM

IS WORKING  - WE CONFIRM!

Hello All.

GREAT WORK antanas012 - is it Yours Masterpiece?

Confirmed aswell!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: