Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT  (Read 138582 times)
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:38:12 PM

He should be blacklisted as a hardware day trader, he had NO intention of completing and was looking for another buyer to pawn them off immediately afterwards. I don't believe he had any funds, or access to funds to complete without an immediate sale and I was forced to cock block to prevent this atrocious behaviour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191149.0;all

I had the full intention but was not given the means to pay immediately.

WinVery should be blacklisted for this comment, and for bidding for something he had no funds to cover.  It's pretty obvious that he bid knowing that he could run up the price later.  The problem was he was an ass about it.  Boycott his gambling site too.  Screw him.

I bid with the intention to immediately pay.

I'll bite.  Signed wallet address showing an amount of 105BTC or greater please. 

Here's what happened - you placed a bid with the only way you could pay is if someone bought immediately  from you.  When that fell through, you backed out.  I would hope anyone reading this would think twice about going to your gambling site.  I'm sure that's legit too.  Roll Eyes

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:41:29 PM

He should be blacklisted as a hardware day trader, he had NO intention of completing and was looking for another buyer to pawn them off immediately afterwards. I don't believe he had any funds, or access to funds to complete without an immediate sale and I was forced to cock block to prevent this atrocious behaviour.

WinVery should be blacklisted for this comment, and for bidding for something he had no funds to cover.  It's pretty obvious that he bid knowing that he could run up the price later.  The problem was he was an ass about it.  Boycott his gambling site too.  Screw him.

I'll bite.  Signed wallet address showing an amount of 105BTC or greater please. 

Here's what happened - you placed a bid with the only way you could pay is if someone bought immediately  from you.  When that fell through, you backed out.  I would hope anyone reading this would think twice about going to your gambling site.  I'm sure that's legit too.  Roll Eyes

If thats what he did, he needs to be scammer tagged immediately.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

That's what he did. There's proof on the forum. We need to apply the rules or otherwise auctions will become a joke on these forums. We need the scammer tag for this guy, and for him to be blacklisted to future auctions. He will create another account, but at least is a start to avoid misuse of these subforums.

kibblesnbits

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:47:05 PM

I agree.  If this is tolerated, what's to stop me as a shareholder from intentionally ramping up the bid price to get higher dividends?  Then I could just say "oops, my bad - I'm out".  I think he should be forced to pay and then he can sell them as he wishes.  The winning bid is a contract to pay - anything else is a scam.

ASICMINERTUBE

kibblesnbits

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:50:19 PM

That's what he did. There's proof on the forum. We need to apply the rules or otherwise auctions will become a joke on these forums. We need the scammer tag for this guy, and for him to be blacklisted to future auctions. He will create another account, but at least is a start to avoid misuse of these subforums.

He can create another forum account, but WinVery.com as a gambling site would be sunk.  Scammer tag.

ASICMINERTUBE

WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

Are you joking? So pay now and don't take silly excuses that makes you look ridiculous.

It is not an excuse, my intention was last to bid, first to pay. 

1PHYa1KDMTu8jfsiTDocBjcnno7GqBSFjC
ICTxnrA4JzSdd/VqiN9qQlWbAslyghTvbWii4tVxQqXnKrHe9y63G8ee6WvzSDQsU2SP06RrZcj1rp/2Xe3G3tg=

Anyhow, my intentions were as stated, but time didn't permit. 

cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:46:27 PM

if someone can't pay within 24 hours just have a look who is next beyond the cutoff and sell it them if they are still interested.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

if someone can't pay within 24 hours just have a look who is next beyond the cutoff and sell it them if they are still interested.

"if they are still interested"? WTF?

BIDS ARE BINGING. Or what kind of joke auctions are we having here?

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:47:58 PM

I meant "binding", sorry for the typo.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

BIDS ARE BINDING. Or what kind of joke auctions are we having here?

Not if you lost. Once you know your not a winner nothing is binding. You can reuse your funds to do what ever you want. Its up to the auction master to make sure people bidding have the funds and are trustworthy. If a winner fails to pay you can't start forcing losers to pay. The losers have probably moved on.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

I agree.   He should get a scammer tag.   how many bids did he put in to pollute the string so that real bidders could not follow the frantic pace of bidding and could not tell what the correct lowest price was?   I wanted some blades and did not bid high enough, but people that were just "playing" really effed the auction up and since this happened on the forum, I think he should be marked as UNTRUSTWORTHY or SCAMMER.

cimpex

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:55:05 PM

I agree to drawingthesun. I'm afraid to use this word, but it's like on eBay.
But this is a point which has to be cleared at the beginning.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:57:46 PM

I agree.   He should get a scammer tag.   how many bids did he put in to pollute the string so that real bidders could not follow the frantic pace of bidding and could not tell what the correct lowest price was?   I wanted some blades and did not bid high enough, but people that were just "playing" really effed the auction up and since this happened on the forum, I think he should be marked as UNTRUSTWORTHY or SCAMMER.

Agree.

If winvery or any other winner can't pay in 24 hours he should get scammer tag no question, they helped to drive the price up and its not fair at all if they were never intending to pay immediately.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:58:51 PM

So let's open a scam accusation for winvery? Could a participant to this auction do it, as offended part?

cimpex

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:01:28 PM

So let's open a scam accusation for winvery? Could a participant to this auction do it, as offended part?
I suggest this is something where friedcat and/or John has to decide.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:02:00 PM

I think we should wait until John comes online.

Unfortunately there was no rule stopping people from buying and immediately reselling, so if winvery pays in 24 hours then he shouldn't get a scammer tag.

winvery still has 4 hours left to pay his amount.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:02:55 PM

I would do it but I do not know how.    I have been trying to see how many posts in the auction he made because that is what makes me the most mad (thinking that 1/3 of all bids may have been by people like him that were just messing around and meanwhile people like me could not follow what the new price really was).

platti

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:05:29 PM

hi

why don't you sell the blades on bitmit.net?

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:09:31 PM

BIDS ARE BINDING. Or what kind of joke auctions are we having here?

Not if you lost. Once you know your not a winner nothing is binding. You can reuse your funds to do what ever you want. Its up to the auction master to make sure people bidding have the funds and are trustworthy. If a winner fails to pay you can't start forcing losers to pay. The losers have probably moved on.

A loser that takes the place for someone that didnt pay is not forced to pay. Thats the rule in real world too. For example with ebay. There was a scam running where scammers did the following. A motorcycle that was worth 1000 should be bought. The buyer set 300 and then with another account set 2000. The seller was happy until the bid of 2000 is withdrawn. The old price 300 is the endprice then. Seller very unhappy. And no other bidder was able to bid higher because of the 2000 bid. The buyer then comes with a bunch of thugs and wants to take the motorcycle.
The seller now dont have to sell it for 300 because there is no binding contract between these two. He can but he dont have to.

Ill want to say that a losing bidder cant be forced to buy and the seller isnt forced to sell to a losing buyer. And bids that are withdrawn are a problem because they can be used to scam. It didnt happen here, though i dont know why bidding on something you can pay and then dont pay.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

You do not need a mod to do that. You open a thread in the scam accusation thread, and then mods decide.

Anyhow, I think there should be also a general discussion about what to do with those that do not honor their bids, and also about the auctioneers that do not honor the winners (like in this case: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=182343.0). I repeat myself: if manipulating auctions is free, this subforum becomes a joke.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: