Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:18:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?  (Read 47966 times)
Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:41:02 AM

A TV advertisement, if executed properly, will get the attention of many people. It will get people to be curious about this digital currency. It will get them to search and research on their own. Maybe cause a small surge on the price of Bitcoin itself. But of course, if there’s positive reaction there will always be a negative reaction. Some skeptics or people who don’t really hold Bitcoin in a positive light will question it. Maybe disparage it and throw mud at its name and reputation. They will mostly site the criminal activities where Bitcoin was used. But that’s just normal, I guess, in the world of business. The question though is who’s gonna fund it?
Olivious

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:53:53 AM

Bitcoin might not need that anymore,  passing paypals marketcap lure a massive mainstream medias.
We need users now and more adoption. But if can advertise on TV much better.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:21:50 AM

put advertise on TV may bring popularity to bitcoin but it would have different effect to like the goverment might wold watch more to bitcoin and may be bitcoin will give tax to digital asset
kuryadi

Activity: 182

Buglab.io

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:44:38 AM

it is a great way to promote bitcoin through the television media. This will help people who do not know bitcoin to know about bitcoin. television is a great medium .. I think everyone has a home television and most of them spend their relaxing time watching television. Maybe they will see bitcoin ads and they will be interested in bitcoin investing.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:50:30 AM

it is a great way to promote bitcoin through the television media. This will help people who do not know bitcoin to know about bitcoin. television is a great medium .. I think everyone has a home television and most of them spend their relaxing time watching television. Maybe they will see bitcoin ads and they will be interested in bitcoin investing.
But why do we need to promote money as if it was a "product" ? Isn't it wrong to do so? As it will be the first time ever to see a currency having commercials for its existence. If we will promote Bitcoin it should be in a form of usage or to good news as it will create natural awareness for people who really want to use Bitcoin. This will be good on our side as it will increase the dand for Bitcoin therefore imcreasing the price of it.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:51:26 AM

I think there is no need to advertise on TV because it has been advertised in Japan and in the end, who is the most profitable? Let it develop bitcoin community I think it's the best way for bitcoin to survive and grow. Also because it was not recognized by many countries, I think now advertising is unnecessary

I don't think also that advertising in television is needed. First who will fund it? It could be better to discover by ourselves or with known person guidance that knowledgeable on btc. Advertising it may cause for government to put taxes.
Advertising cannot generate taxes since you are not earning from selling advertising but rather buying ads on the other hand I think that is too inefficient, you are going to pay for an ad whether people watch it or not, and we do not have an assurance we are going to reach our target audience since younger generations are watching less and less television and are using the internet a lot more.
Advertising through media is not at all required. When advertising, the adoption will take place in large scale and importantly the sudden growth will target the audience and reach easier. Same time the advertising too will be acting as an disadvantage for the growing community.

I agree. I prefer Bitcoin to be just this way, moving forward in big strides but not really jumping suddenly into a whole new large followers. It might shake the entire Bitcoin foundation hard with such abrupt growth. This will in the end be spread across the world albeit slowly and surely.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:05:07 AM

Television can be great media to achieve extensive variety of conceivable bitcoin clients however running TV promotions will be so expensive and no one need to pay those cash from their pocket. There will be no any motivating force for the person who will pay for those promotions. In any case I figure we may see some TV advertisements in not so distant future from bitcoin related neighborhood benefits in couple of nations to advance their administrations. They have officially done that in some TV programs when they discussed bitcoin and what it is, and I once observed a program do a QR code giveaway sort of arrangement on TV. none of it will help as much as every Bitcoin user quit accumulating bitcoin and begin spending it. since as we start utilizing bitcoin more as a cash, the more dealers will acknowledge it as an installment and in the end the development accelerates and we can see new sort of appropriation. meaning genuine bitcoin clients not more examiners.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:05:38 AM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?

Yes, this would be a great move to make bitcoin more popular. Almost everyone has a television on their home. So I think advertising bitcoin on television would be easier. Many people will get to know what bitcoin truly is. But the only problem is who will run this advertisement? Bitcoin is governed by anonymous people. We don't know what will they react if they knew there will be an advertisement.
CookieGums

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:14:16 AM

Good idea the name of bitcoin will be known in whole country and make it famous

revswim93

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:33:36 AM

We need super bowl ads and lambo ads! And those cars in vegas that drive around, those billboard cars. We need a ton of those, with hookers on the billboard. Hookers and bitcoin. Buying hookers with bitcoin. Buying bitcoin with hookers. Maybe a mountain of blow with a little bitcoin logo and everyone can get free blow but they have to read a pamphlet on bitcoin first. The coke will get them super into trading and once you get them hooked they will be back asking you about golem and district 0x tokens. It would be awesome.

But if you use any of these ideas you need to pay me.
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:42:27 AM

I think thats not a good idea because it will take some time for the viewers to learn about it.And bitcoin is not a brand it is a cryptocurrency which is very complex than fiat currencies.So in my opinion,that is not a good idea.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:44:41 AM

Knowing the fact that people trust what is shown on TV, I bet bitcoin would became very very very popular in short period of time. After news shows something related to cryptocurrencies there always appear more interested people, new buyers and investors.
Yes! even if we can't afford to make an advertisement about bitcoin because no one would fund it. If ever bitcoin will be shown in the news, people may easily believe in bitcoin and invest in it because seeing it in the news may seem to be legit for them. I know bitcoin is being talked about in news channels of other countries but I don't know about other countries. It may be better if other news channels start talking about bitcoin.
Advertising bitcoins is not a bad idea but you must consider the audience first. Nowadays, it is the aged people who are more into television while the youth and youngsters love to stick around on internet and social sites. They are the real future and bitcoin holders of the future. I think their awareness of bitcoins is more important.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:52:24 AM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
The best way to promote bitcoins on T.V. is to create a 30 minute program and discuss bitcoins from basic to advanced. If somebody could avail a 30 minute slot in a TV network - that would rapidly spread the awareness about bitcoins. Regarding funds, you could offer ads to those businesses that accepts bitcoins, or to major exchanges and ICOs...

If you have read this comment and decided to do my idea, please shout out my name on your TV show!  Grin - NOODLEPUNK
pantek talacuik

Activity: 773
Merit: 101

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:54:02 AM

At the beginning I also think like that ,, why bitcoin is not there for ads on tv, but if there are ads on tv bitcoin may be famous ,, most likely is a fund issue, and I also think although there are ads on tv, how to Explain it to everyone, while myself to explain bitcoin to friends, until now my friend still not so understand

unneros

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:56:15 AM

we have to wait about 3 or more years later ! the old generation is replaced by the younger generation ! therefore , they will easily come in touch with the advertise bitcoin on t.v ! However , modern life is increasing , social network is growing ! People use more time in laptop , smart phone , pc , ... why need T.V , right ? Money from advertise is very expensive !!! So free to post a link on facebook and millions of people will know your topic !
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:57:55 AM

I think we should start a decentralized Gofundme to make a Superbowl ad. Imagine after w introducr Lightning Network literally everyone will be able to use Bitcoin for almost free it will be like the second birth of Bitcoin and a Superbowl ad would be the perfect way to kick it off.
dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:58:57 AM

without promoting it on TV, we can see that wannacrypt virus already on the news a while ago. that make the price goes boom right now
so if we advertise bitcoin now, i dont see any huge impact that can happened in future.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:20:24 AM

Advertising bitcoin on television may cost a lot. We have to contact every broadcasting corporation just to advertise bitcoin. I think social media is the best form of advertising today specially facebook and twitter because more people are using it even outside their houses unlike television which are limited at home

Not_Real_Venu

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:35:37 AM

I think its a good idea.... more ppl will get involved!
There will be a time where u go to grocery to buy stuff and u pay with bitcoin Grin so.... eventually it'll be
 good..... But my parents dont believe in these stuff.. they think its all scam.... so.... ad would prove it wrong....
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:38:48 AM

I think its a good idea.... more ppl will get involved!
There will be a time where u go to grocery to buy stuff and u pay with bitcoin Grin so.... eventually it'll be
 good..... But my parents dont believe in these stuff.. they think its all scam.... so.... ad would prove it wrong....

That's a very good point, last generation people are more faithful to FIAT currency. Spreading awareness through tv with key points on what bitcoin really is and how it works would be great. More people will get involved which is the best thing right now for bitcoins future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: