Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69479 times)
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:32:53 AM

Good discussion, but I agree with the comment that the community needs to agree to this, so a vote needs to happen before a major change like this could be implemented. Ardor would be a good option, but a major undertaking. Another intermediate option could be ERC-20 token for 'M' only. Either way, good discussion to continue, CK without some blockchain token to trade on exchanges is a real pita!

I've told HMC the exact same thing in bold. Waiting for "put up or shut up" from him in regard to your post. Sucks, but we barely had a game before and we have even less of a game now, so I'd say a token alone won't do anything. Anyway, I'm sure we'll get around to making a token when there are only 3 players left and we'll get around to actually making a game when there is 1 player left...

I can't see anyway to put a CK token on an exchange that doesn't require moving the whole supply of whatever token is chosen to some form of blockchain first. Sure, plenty of enterprising people have used blockchain assets to create individual IOU tokens, and some might be possible to list on an exchange, but that isn't really decentralised imo.

For example, plenty of people have used NXT to re-issue ICO tokens before the ICO tokens are actually distributed, so users with good reputation create a NXT asset which acts as an IOU for something like IOTA, or NEM back in the day, and then a secondary market can establish itself before the actual ICO token itself is launched. Shonky operations like yobit do that stuff all the time, BUT, they're not crypto tokens, they're IOU's, and only as good as the rep of the person who issues them.

To claim HMC's bounty I can create a NXT asset or ERC-20 token, and then offer to buy CKG from players, and then issue those players my token on whatever platform I use, and maybe if I paid Yobit I could get it listed on their exchange, BUT, that doesn't achieve much, not compared to the 'CKGame' itself putting the whole currency M on a blockchain, and then getting that listed on many exchanges.

A player backed IOU doesn't need to get approved by community in a vote, but it pretty useless, and isn't a crypto token backed by a blockchain. I say go the full monty, change the CK monetary system and put M on a blockchain, and get that listed on an exchange, backed by The CK Game. To do that probably needs a vote, coz it's a big change, but well worth the effort.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:39:49 AM

Good discussion, but I agree with the comment that the community needs to agree to this, so a vote needs to happen before a major change like this could be implemented. Ardor would be a good option, but a major undertaking. Another intermediate option could be ERC-20 token for 'M' only. Either way, good discussion to continue, CK without some blockchain token to trade on exchanges is a real pita!

I've told HMC the exact same thing in bold. Waiting for "put up or shut up" from him in regard to your post. Sucks, but we barely had a game before and we have even less of a game now, so I'd say a token alone won't do anything. Anyway, I'm sure we'll get around to making a token when there are only 3 players left and we'll get around to actually making a game when there is 1 player left...

I can't see anyway to put a CK token on an exchange that doesn't require moving the whole supply of whatever token is chosen to some form of blockchain first. Sure, plenty of enterprising people have used blockchain assets to create individual IOU tokens, and some might be possible to list on an exchange, but that isn't really decentralised imo.

For example, plenty of people have used NXT to re-issue ICO tokens before the ICO tokens are actually distributed, so users with good reputation create a NXT asset which acts as an IOU for something like IOTA, or NEM back in the day, and then a secondary market can establish itself before the actual ICO token itself is launched. Shonky operations like yobit do that stuff all the time, BUT, they're not crypto tokens, they're IOU's, and only as good as the rep of the person who issues them.

To claim HMC's bounty I can create a NXT asset or ERC-20 token, and then offer to buy CKG from players, and then issue those players my token on whatever platform I use, and maybe if I paid Yobit I could get it listed on their exchange, BUT, that doesn't achieve much, not compared to the 'CKGame' itself putting the whole currency M on a blockchain, and then getting that listed on many exchanges.

A player backed IOU doesn't need to get approved by community in a vote, but it pretty useless, and isn't a crypto token backed by a blockchain. I say go the full monty, change the CK monetary system and put M on a blockchain, and get that listed on an exchange, backed by The CK Game. To do that probably needs a vote, coz it's a big change, but well worth the effort.

Boomboom (or guy who agrees with loaf a lot), feel free to create that bounty or do the leg work to get it done.

boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:50:32 AM

Boomboom (or guy who agrees with loaf a lot), feel free to create that bounty or do the leg work to get it done.

I will, the leg work is really just call for a vote of M holders.

I could offer a bounty, but without permission from the owners of the game it's not going to achieve anything.

I hereby call for a vote from M holders to consider option of putting M on a blockchain, do we have 10% of M owners willing to call for a General Meeting to discuss possible options, and a possible vote?
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:59:49 AM

I agree with the idea of putting the Markka(M) currency on a blockchain,but before we vote we need to know exactly how this is going to work. Will we keep our M balances on CK or they will be erased and credit us instead with "Markka" assets on a ratio 1:1 or 1:2,etc..? And how the trading of in-game items will work after this transition?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:34:08 AM

I agree with the idea of putting the Markka(M) currency on a blockchain,but before we vote we need to know exactly how this is going to work. Will we keep our M balances on CK or they will be erased and credit us instead with "Markka" assets on a ratio 1:1 or 1:2,etc..? And how the trading of in-game items will work after this transition?

When we get markka on a blockchain, there should be a depository working like that of XMR when it was the game currency.

So you can withdraw markka to your own wallet or other exchange and deposit back to the game. The problem I see here is the network security.

This could be solved using an ARDR child chain as proposed by boomboom. This way the child chain security is taken care of by the ARDR parent chain.
boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:14:59 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 01:49:41 PM by boomboom

When we get markka on a blockchain, there should be a depository working like that of XMR when it was the game currency.

So you can withdraw markka to your own wallet or other exchange and deposit back to the game. The problem I see here is the network security.

This could be solved using an ARDR child chain as proposed by boomboom. This way the child chain security is taken care of by the ARDR parent chain.

Yes, ARDR child chain has security from the main parent chain, and afaik the child chain is highly configurable,  and it's even possible to have zero fees, with the bundler fees (the fee for writing child chain hashes to the main ARDR chain) paid by the child chain admin (I.e CK Game itself), so trading on the blockchain would be slow but free.

IMO it's actually better to replicate the existing user experience for most crypto trading where people keep majority of their coins in private wallets,  and deposit to centralised exchanges for trading, and withdraw bulk of coins back to their own wallet when finished, so I think keeping the current centralized Agora exchange for faster Game items trading is optimal.

I suggest first stage of conversion (after the vote) would be create the child chain with all the 'new M' in a CK genesis account, then current players would create an account on the child chain, and then on existing CK they would send all their 'old M' to 'new' with comment that included their [child chain account], and then the equivalent amount of 'new M' would be sent to their Ardr child chain account from the CK genesis account.

Then PJ would just need to establish deposit/withdrawal functions between the child chain blockchain, and the existing Agora DB. That would be enough for stage 1, and it would allow many existing exchanges to list CK's currency, as many currently list NXT. Technically this would be pretty straight forward.

Stage 2 could then have child chain assets created for CK items, and then a similar swap procedure could be done so players converted Agora DB items into child chain assets, and then deposit/withdraw functions between the child chain and Agora get added, so players can deposit into Agora centralised exchange for fast trading when they desire.

People familiar with NXT will know trading is possible for NXT assets on the decentralised asset ezchange, but it's slow, so most NXT asset trading happens on centralised exchanges like poloniex and bittrex that have faster trade engines. If CK moved to Ardr it could replicate this user experience.

Edit, I think 3rd party exchanges like polo and bittrex would only be interested in listing M, and maybe high volume items like CAN and 100 CKG bars, not enough volume even if CK had 1000's of players. Speculators would buy M, and maybe CAN and CKG, so 99% of trading would still be on Agora, BUT, speculators could still take a position in CK buying M on big exchanges like poloniex and bittrex without having to register as a player.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:02:07 PM

This was deleted by rpietila. He does not want to admit that he now also owns an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash on his Bitcoin debts.

Pay your debts.

For Bitcoin denominated debts, an equivalent amount of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash is now owed.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:08:13 PM

boomboom has the right idea. I say do an ERC-20 coin for now due to possible multi-blockchain trading and to also get exposure to ETH holders as potential new blood. Take M and rename to CK. Less confusing.

Depending on how many decimal places the ERC-20 coin has, we may be able to keep it at 4 trillion in-game and it only be 4k or so CK blockchain coins. (4,000,0.00,000,000). If we want a higher or lower in-game currency supply, the time to do it is before the token is released. Hell, maybe go to 100 trillion in-game which would only be 10k on the blockchain with decimals. 

Don't do something stupid and try to use CKG or CAN as the token base. You need clear and simple, and you use M/CK to buy shit in the game.

Yes, to the exchange idea, but don't rely on PJ to do anything as he's only 1.5% of a dev at the moment at best as he is slow as fuck since he's no longer being paid. He's barely working on CK, as can see by all his "activity" over the last when he was being paid. But, sorry, I shut up and not put up as I have enough sense to see web-based game with no dev is a failing proposition.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:49:43 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 10:12:12 PM by iluvbitcoins

This was deleted by rpietila. He does not want to admit that he now also owns an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash on his Bitcoin debts.

Pay your debts.

For Bitcoin denominated debts, an equivalent amount of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash is now owed.

It's the millionth time that reply was deleted.
3 times today  Cheesy
I just keep reposting it.
You can do it too with your reply Tongue

--
I love the blockchain idea
Simply making a token would basically allow us to enter most exchanges
Meanwhile I have contacted NovaExchange on adding CKG

And CoinsMarkets.com which is a pretty bad exchange, but it's a start

C-Cex no reply yet.

Looking for a signature campaign.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 10:49:57 PM

If you guys want an M exchange asset (and I can't wait to dish a huge dose of "I told you so") then the CKG Bounty is off the table.

boomboom

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:00:39 AM

If you guys want an M exchange asset (and I can't wait to dish a huge dose of "I told you so") then the CKG Bounty is off the table.

Nothing can happen before,

1. A vote of M holders gives a green light to change things
2. PJ says he is willing and able to make these changes

The advantage of your CKG option is it doesn't require either of the above, and maybe most M holders agree with you, but the worth of the IOU token depends 100% on the credibility of who issues it, and everyone knows E1 iOU was backed by risto and is worthless now despite his good rep when he created it, so too was b1 after he added unbacked tokens into the wild. Reputation can't beat a blockchain for player confidence.

I don't see a problem with your CKG bounty, so keep it, just be realistic about what good it will do. It's not a blockchain solution, and only good if the person who issues it has great reputation, and your bounty only requires reputable exchange, not reputable issuer of the IOU.

I have approx 800mil M, and without a depository I can't buy more M yet, so my voice is small, but I plan to buy M when I can.

When in doubt ask the game owners to decide things.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:06:15 AM

The advantage of your CKG option is it doesn't require either of the above, and maybe most M holders agree with you, but the worth of the IOU token depends 100% on the credibility of who issues it, and everyone knows E1 iOU was backed by risto and is worthless now despite his good rep when he created it, so too was b1 after he added unbacked tokens into the wild. Reputation can't beat a blockchain for player confidence.

I don't see a problem with your CKG bounty, so keep it, just be realistic about what good it will do. It's not a blockchain solution, and only good if the person who issues it has great reputation, and your bounty only requires reputable exchange, not reputable issuer of the IOU.

I have approx 800mil M, and without a depository I can't buy more M yet, so my voice is small, but I plan to buy M when I can.

An M exchange asset is going to create deflation--I've said it enough times for those who are paying attention, and care, to understand the issue--I do not wish you good luck in you or loaf's agenda.

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:24:38 AM

Okay you stick-in-the-mud cunt Grin
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

Okay you stick-in-the-mud cunt Grin

Are you mad that I'm not helping you turn CK into a P&D, or that you can't figure out how to make a window (preferably) so you can jump out of it.

TBH, if you get your way, a CKG asset makes little to no sense, so why waste assets to create it? It's obvious that you are going to push the M asset every time I up the CKG bounty, so I'd rather just let it go than argue the obvious.

boomboom

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:41:42 AM

An M exchange asset is going to create deflation--I've said it enough times for those who are paying attention, and care, to understand the issue--I do not wish you good luck in you or loaf's agenda.

Sorry, I have not seen any discussion of this deflation problem, not sure of the argument, I think having fixed supply for M is a good feature, but it's always possible to increase M in the game by using a genesis account with a virtually unlimited supply of M.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of animosity here that I was not aware of, or part of, so I'll say no more. The vibe here isn't welcoming to discussion, I seem to have been associated with combatants in a fight I know nothing of.

Be open to other people's opinions, let the players decide based on the tested principal of 'put your money where your mouth is', those who invested in CK should obviously decide things.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:45:47 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 12:56:56 AM by generalizethis

Sorry, I have not seen any discussion of this deflation problem, not sure of the argument, I think having fixed supply for M is a good feature, but it's always possible to increase M in the game by using a genesis account with a virtually unlimited supply of M.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of animosity here that I was not aware of, or part of, so I'll say no more. The vibe here isn't welcoming to discussion, I seem to have been associated with combatants in a fight I know nothing of.

Be open to other people's opinions, let the players decide based on the tested principal of 'put your money where your mouth is', those who invested in CK should obviously decide things.

That's why we have a 10% M supply to initiate a general meeting. TBH, you rehash a lot of Loaf's arguments and seem to appear every time he starts this argument, so I'm inclined to think you are Loaf--if that isn't true, apologies.

So let's state the deflation problem one last time: Most of the M will go to the exchanges to be traded and leave mostly Zech's worthless stash behind--game may survive this event, but I'm not betting that way if it happens.

boomboom

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:10:31 AM

That's why we have a 10% M supply to initiate a general meeting. TBH, you rehash a lot of Loaf's arguments and seem to appear every time he starts this argument, so I'm inclined to think you are Loaf--if that isn't true, apologies, but I have stated the deflation problem last time you were on here pressing this agenda, so it shouldn't be alien to you.

I don't know loaf, but does look like we agree that putting as much of CK on a blockchain as possible offers the best future for CK.

I'm an old time NXT'er, and many asset issuers have created assets with variable quantities in the wild, but from a fixed asset number that's so high it's effectively infinite.

E.g. token quantity is 1000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000  - a huge number

Then they issue 1 000 000 assets say, representing whatever it is their project is doing.

To increase supply they issue more tokens from the genesis account.

To decrease supply they send tokens back to the genesis account.

Jl777 has some trading funds that work this way, asset quantity is fixed, but the supply in the wild floats. If you trust jl777 it doesn't matter how many assets are unissued in the genesis account, sometimes he buys back his own assets to decrease effective supply, sometimes in the past he sold more units and issued more assets. The effective supply is floating.

So the genesis account is like the 'bank' in traditional monopoly, and in the case of CK the bank is controlled by 'the game', not any particular player. Using an Ardr child chain would still let you have variable supply of M in the game economy if that's the design preference for the game, just pick a genesis account quantity that's huge.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:28:04 AM

That's why we have a 10% M supply to initiate a general meeting. TBH, you rehash a lot of Loaf's arguments and seem to appear every time he starts this argument, so I'm inclined to think you are Loaf--if that isn't true, apologies, but I have stated the deflation problem last time you were on here pressing this agenda, so it shouldn't be alien to you.

I don't know loaf, but does look like we agree that putting as much of CK on a blockchain as possible offers the best future for CK.

I'm an old time NXT'er, and many asset issuers have created assets with variable quantities in the wild, but from a fixed asset number that's so high it's effectively infinite.

E.g. token quantity is 1000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000  - a huge number

Then they issue 1 000 000 assets say, representing whatever it is their project is doing.

To increase supply they issue more tokens from the genesis account.

To decrease supply they send tokens back to the genesis account.

Jl777 has some trading funds that work this way, asset quantity is fixed, but the supply in the wild floats. If you trust jl777 it doesn't matter how many assets are unissued in the genesis account, sometimes he buys back his own assets to decrease effective supply, sometimes in the past he sold more units and issued more assets. The effective supply is floating.

So the genesis account is like the 'bank' in traditional monopoly, and in the case of CK the bank is controlled by 'the game', not any particular player. Using an Ardr child chain would still let you have variable supply of M in the game economy if that's the design preference for the game, just pick a genesis account quantity that's huge.

I want everything in ck to have the ability to be put on a blockchain, but M. This is where we disagree, and a free floating supply means that you are simply adding in game inflation to mask the actual deflation of the original asset--also not sure how that works for players who weren't part of the initial distribution of M token--aren't you essentially creating endless inflation by parsing the exchange asset into bigger and bigger denominations of the game asset?

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:44:55 AM

The vibe here isn't welcoming to discussion, I seem to have been associated with combatants in a fight I know nothing of.

Yeah, it sucks, but you're right on point: the vibe in CK isn't welcoming Sad

This is why this game/project will never go anywhere. You and I are not the only ones who wanted tokenization, but over time anyone with an interest or who had suggestions for the game has been chased off. CK is the crypto bizzaro world where everyone seems to do all they can to make the project fail/flounder.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:50:01 AM

The vibe here isn't welcoming to discussion, I seem to have been associated with combatants in a fight I know nothing of.

Yeah, it sucks, but you're right on point: the vibe in CK isn't welcoming Sad

This is why this game/project will never go anywhere. You and I are not the only ones who wanted tokenization, but over time anyone with an interest or who had suggestions for the game has been chased off. CK is the crypto bizzaro world where everyone seems to do all they can to make the project fail/flounder.

Do what you need to do--I've said everything I need to say.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: