Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:53:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69479 times)
RoopatraOriginal

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:00:49 PM

My bitcointalk account was hacked. Mymonero account was hacked. Do not believe any contact coming from "me"! The person who may have been posting from my account is not me. The account is now locked but it seems I am unable to recover it.

If you have alternative way to contact me the better. It's been a bad month. But I'll see you guys in the game anyway.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:27:16 AM

HIGH! I'm retarded and like to waste money. I have put 25 XMR up for grabs on the M3 market in CK. Rain your golden showers of Risto-tainted piss on me. Thanks! <3

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:28:26 AM

HIGH! I'm retarded and like to waste money. I have put 25 XMR up for grabs on the M3 market in CK. Rain your golden showers of Risto-tainted piss on me. Thanks! <3

Not really a giveaway when your price is higher than the Coinshop price  Cheesy

Looking for a signature campaign.
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:58:04 AM

Any news from PJ lately, is he still working on CK?
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 05:13:49 AM

AFAIK he pays for the servers and calls it a day--at this point he's just phoning it in.

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:49:19 AM

Not really a giveaway when your price is higher than the Coinshop price  Cheesy

Price lowered to 13,475,000 M per M3. You can even see it without scrolling Wink Who else is stupid enough to provide liquidity in this market aside from me? Come take $6.6k from a moron! Tongue
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:54:25 AM

AFAIK he pays for the servers and calls it a day--at this point he's just phoning it in.

How much are the servers? At this stage, I'm willing to pay for them just to get rid of cancerous PJ, and this is pretty pathetic coming from a blighted lesion of crypto pus such as myself...

Hey look, pre-made memes just for PJ! Didn't even have to waste time making 'em! Thanks Internet!

RoopatraOriginal

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:48:50 AM

RAQ gave a dividend of 1,000,000m per share.
Hopefully the coming year will bring activity for the market place so more goods can be traded between players.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

RAQ gave a dividend of 1,000,000m per share.
Hopefully the coming year will bring activity for the market place so more goods can be traded between players.

Thank you.

Poor Roopatra is the last player left doing anything... Cry

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:36:17 AM

@loaf you're still shitting on the project you are trying to buy more of--so roo isn't the only one active.

On a separate note, anyone heard from speed? I know he's not great at posting updates.

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:02:58 PM

@loaf you're still shitting on the project you are trying to buy more of--so roo isn't the only one active.

On a separate note, anyone heard from speed? I know he's not great at posting updates.

----November 28th----
speed112 [1:57 PM]
We're working on a tasklist to prioritize and get some cost estimates so that we may tap into the budget and begin working more thoroughly
----- Sunday, December 3rd -----
speed112 [7:05 PM]
Not in particular. We haven't finished the tasklist and the new guy has been out of commission for the last week. Will let you know once things are ready and then frequent updates will occur as there would actually be something to talk about.

https://justpaste.it/1egm1

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:03:09 AM

So the current form of Crypto Kingdom as far as I can gather is that in order to login, you eat lethal amounts of peyote and become god of all universes including but not limited to reality, the dimensions of the end times, and somewhere in between where you lose all your money and realize you have been alone staring at your wall for 10 hours all the while under the impression you are The Last Airbender? Sorry to make *light* of things, I know people got screwed. I honestly can't tell what is going on.

* Still proud of my crib in Oldetown
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:42:54 PM

So the current form of Crypto Kingdom as far as I can gather is that in order to login, you eat lethal amounts of peyote and become god of all universes including but not limited to reality, the dimensions of the end times, and somewhere in between where you lose all your money and realize you have been alone staring at your wall for 10 hours all the while under the impression you are The Last Airbender? Sorry to make *light* of things, I know people got screwed. I honestly can't tell what is going on.

Don’t forget you want to throw Risto into the abyss while his muzzled screams tear through the wind and slowly cause goosebumps throughout your body as you curse his name for eternity, cause the 2000 XMR you invested in Crypto Kingdom is now worth 600k$ and you lay all your hopes with the people of Crypto Kingdom hoping they are going to make it great again and return some of your long lost moneretos to their lost owner.
Long live CK

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:08:17 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2019, 12:29:40 AM by CrazyLoaf

Don’t forget you want to throw Risto into the abyss while his muzzled screams tear through the wind and slowly cause goosebumps throughout your body as you curse his name for eternity, cause the 2000 XMR you invested in Crypto Kingdom is now worth 600k$ and you lay all your hopes with the people of Crypto Kingdom hoping they are going to make it great again and return some of your long lost moneretos to their lost owner.
Long live CK

Every 1k XMR "invested" in this game means you missed out on around $350k. I know we had some 10k+ XMR investors. That's $3.5 million gone! Woe unto those who invested 30k+ XMR. How's it feel to be out a cool $10 million?

The crypto market is becoming extremely crowded in the "game" space. I'm not even actively searching for such projects, but I've seen scores of game-based ICOs in just the past few months alone.

Therefore, general question of the community: can we actually get a fucking plan going?
g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:45:16 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 09:17:33 AM by g4q34g4qg47ww

can we actually get a fucking plan going?

I have some thoughts, some of them are contradictory. But the good news is the game is fun and the site is just a front end to an sql database, so solutions are not impossible.

I think moving forward the role of trust is going to be a very sensitive issue. Even if everyone agreed on some particular person as being trustworthy to fit a role and that person was willing, the game and players have been burnt badly by trust and newcomers will either be aware of this and satisfied with the solution or will simply stay away.

Even something as simple as maintaining a git of a text file to-do list of things needed to get CK on track would require trusting someone with merge authority. Even that text file would be massively helpful though. I don't think its fair to directly ask specific well-known players with excellent reputations if they would be willing fit a role like that, but if willing ones did exist that would be massively helpful to know.

It seems like Risto had an arrangement with the fellow who coded the site that includes expectations extending into the future. As I see it, that money arrangement is irrelevant to the future of the project at this point. I'm wondering, and someone might already know the answer, would he be willing to hand access of the current github over to someone else and then be completely free of any expectations to be invlolved with CK , atleast by any of us.

I keep hammering on git, but this project needs a lot of work right now and it is a miraculous workflow management system with the ability to achieve a reduced trust scenario. Git would even be helpful to flesh out ideas enough to conclude CK is impossible fix if that were the case, but I don't think it is.

I think perhaps moving to something like being hosted within etherium or similar projects is potentially a good path forward. Simple is likely best so even though there is likely a hacky way to have masternode type bullshit providing both the front end of the database as well as the database itself being pointed to by a DNS server, that is definitely not as simple as moving to an etherium like platform.

It would be preferable by everyone I am guessing to not have to resort to a restart. I've been playing around with ways to have 'M' (or is it 'm'?) calculated in a way that would make people's debts whole. Part of me thinks it would benefit the project to remove its association with lovely, lovely monero. That was a brilliant plan on risto's part, if it had worked out it would have brought lots of interest to xmr but xmr is doing great without it and I'm not sure but perhaps it would polarize people about getting involved with the game. It would be lovely to take advantage of FFS but I don't think that's fair to ask honestly. Some of my ideas on how to calculate a new M look like:

where
    C = (Value of outstanding debts using spot prices)
    oQ = total quantity of oldM
    nQ = current total quantity of newM (should this be fixed or allowed to to fluctuate? both ways have interesting effects)
    S = spot price of XMR
    newM = price of 1 unit of ... well... newM

newM = ((C + (oQ * S)) / nQ) + (S / (1 + (S * .01)))

This would have some strange effects. In theory, as I understand it at least, it creates something like the opposite of a fractional reserve, which would be used to pay down C and (oQ * S). Basically it would be impossible to buy oldM, and your house valued in newM would be worth significantly less in terms of USD, but you would over time if things worked well be able to withdraw your oldM from the stash generated by reverse fractional reserve effect (hopefully managed by smart contracts or multi-sig rather than humans). Anyway this would pay down (oQ * S) as well. So what we would be left with (assuming anyone is playing the game) would after time be

newM = (0 + (total value of unconverted oldM) / nQ) + (S / (1 + (S * .01)))
or
newM = ((total value of unconverted oldM) / nQ) + (S / (1 + (S * .01)))

The idea of (S / (1 + (S * .01))) is that even though it is tied to monero's price, it is much less affected by xmr's volatility, and the interested but less financially well-off folks could play and the price would be (a lot) more stable. And if the game took off there would be an increased demand for newM for which people rush the gates to pay a premium for, which makes that poor fellow rich but not as vulnerable to price drops in xmr (heaven forbid).

It's not fully fleshed out but I'm playing with it.

I am definitely not in the same league as the best mathematicians in this room so please excuse me, but as I see it, this would create the opposite of a fractional reserve which could be used to make everyone whole, while also reducing effects from volatility of xmr pricing.

g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:27:30 AM

Shit. Duh. Basically use a similar trick for the value of oldM as the second half of the newM equation. Wthin a range large enough to be painful but not so large as to be obscene, say 30%, hard code an inverse relationship between the total amount of oldM that has not been withdrawn yet and how much xmr you receive for your oldM. You would receive less xmr for your oldM the sooner you withdrew. There are plenty abandoned accounts I'm sure and some large holders locked out so the full range of variance would never be realized. But people might slow their roll a bit when it comes to getting in line to withdraw if they knew if they waited longer they could get their full amount rather than a 5% haircut. It might be possible actually let people withdraw MORE xmr than they put in if the waited long enough... if the game is getting used and generating the inverse-crackhead-fractional-nonsense-stash. Might border on ponzi scheme though. Have to play with the numbers.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:32:32 AM

I have some thoughts, some of them are contradictory. But the good news is the game is fun and the site is just a front end to an sql database, so solutions are not impossible.

HIGH™ Tongue

I'm probably a bit too dense (i.e., stupid) to grasp what you are proposing without some numeric examples. Maybe a few would help based on the current M supply and XMR spot price.

At the same time, I'm not sure if we need to re-peg ourselves in some fashion to the spot price for XMR or any other sort of crypto.

Let me discuss one possible route and others can chime in. I discussed earlier CKM (money/currency) and CKO (ownership/power). For recognition of Risto's debts, I would add CKD (debts), to be issued to depo-share debtholders in relation to their claims.

Current M amounts would be removed in exchange for equal amounts of both CKM and CKO. If you own 1mil M now, you will own 1mil each of CKM and CKO.

CKM will be the exclusive currency unit (like M before).

CKO will return to the sort of "Crypto Kingdom - CK" shares we had before. Overall, I think CKM could act as a voting unit for a more decentralized and emergent parliament/governing body/crown/etc. Want to have the country go to war? You vote yes or no relative to the # of CKO you own. Want to figure out what technology should be researched next? Vote on it.

Also, this could be a way to collect profit from the game/crown/etc. The game will takeover risto's share, as well as the game/corporate entities he controlled (such as Bank, NewCorp, etc.). While it's no longer up, the "Crypto Kingdom Herald" that ranked all M ownership made it clear that a good 25%-50% of the game was still in Risto's control/ownership. Whatever is taken over will be operated to the benefit of CKO and CKD holders (more on the latter in a moment).

Overall, there will be a game entity like Linden Labs in Second Life that is controlling a large portion or current assets, that will over time be spread out among the players through market operations. Linden Labs, for example, makes most of their money on selling land in Second Life.

Anyway, for example, you have "Dark" (Player ID 139) with 200mil M (5% of total M) and a decent amount of property assets ("impassable" or not). That needs taken over or utilized in some fashion.

We also have a ton of old accounts that could be Risto's dummy accounts as well, like "Soul" (Player ID 19). They are sitting on 435mil M (8.7% of total M) and 27 pages of items. I would argue that needs to be taken over by the game.

Additionally, a review period of 6 months or so should occur for account activity. As a one time only affair, if it looks like the accounts are abandoned, they should be taken over for the benefit of the game. There are other ways these inactive accounts could be slowly taken over by the game (say fees/taxes), but overall I think it's worth cleaning out old accounts as we relaunch/restart the game.

Finally, just as Bitfinex issued its BFX token when hacked, we should issue a CKD token. This way, people can choose to sell their tokens on the open market or hold them for possible repayment/retirement. Main issue here is the establishment of what is owed. For example, while I owned millions of E1 at one point, I eventually only "withdrew" 170k E1 on July 1, 2017. So what's the value of that?

170k Euros = roughly 200k USD. On July 1, 2017, the low price of Monero was $40 (0.01669790 BTC). That means $200k should have been paid in 5k XMR or 83.4895 BTC. At current prices (as of December 17, 2017):

5000 XMR = $1,752,150
83.4895 BTC = $1,650,762

So depending on how CKD tokens are pegged, I would get either 5000 XMR or 83.4895 BTC's worth. In terms of repayment, the game can dedicate a portion of its earnings (from controlling and utilizing Risto's 25%-50% of the game and all of its assets for market making and game operations) to repayment of these debts. Perhaps 1/3 of game earnings go towards CKD holders, 1/3 for CKM holders, and 1/3 is held as an asset for growth/expansion.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

g4q34g4qg47ww

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:16:48 PM

HIGH™ Tongue

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I don't think those are bad ideas and want to consider it more. I think working out priorities is super important. In my opinion priority number 1 should be attracting new players and getting the current ones playing again. Tied for number 1 is getting $$$ to the pissed off people who want to strangle kings to death and throw them into an abyss. I think we need to be careful having the game set up in a way that new people checking it out might have an impression that Old Money runs shit, and everyone else is a peasant with no chance. As far as I can tell the only way anyone is going to get a penny back is to have a game that people who have nothing to do with the project right now will enjoy. I think its more important for the game to be fun to new people than for existing players for that reason though I do not think the two are mutually exclusive. But people might be turned off if there are closed off clubs that can vote and control everything, and they could never be apart of it without spending $millions on shares. Concerning the abandoned accounts and assets of HM, it's difficult to decide when an account is abandoned, I definitely went 6 months without signing in. Sell HM assets to pay debts I suppose but don't really know the details too well. But in my opinion basically the whole center of the universe HM aspect really took away from the enjoyment of the game, having been just a peasant myself, and rather than spread around HM's power to a group, it would be a more enjoyable experience to new players to just remove power completely. if there were literally no power in the game. Just economy, investing, quests, realestate, maybe war stuff but I don't see violence being as big of a draw for this game given the target audience as much Ultima-looking digital world investing. Really the best and only viable target audience is the new blood that is flooding into the crypto currency scene. They are interested in trading, investing type stuff. They feel a bit of awe and fascination but also very strong loathing when it comes to whales, and like the idea of no one being in control.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:21:39 PM

It would be extremely hard getting CKD listed on exchanges and keeping enough volume.
I think it’s a good idea but only M should be tokenized, others should merely be added on the CK marketplace.

I’m also against taking over accounts that have been inactive for 6 months.
It has been mentionted when we had the discussion last time that we want the effect of someone logging in and realizing he made a fortune.
I would accept a small tax for example 0.1%/day after 3 months of inactivity or so, but I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Also, CryptoKitties go for 100k$, for fucks sake, we have a future Cheesy

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:10:40 AM

It would be extremely hard getting CKD listed on exchanges and keeping enough volume.
I think it’s a good idea but only M should be tokenized, others should merely be added on the CK marketplace.

I’m also against taking over accounts that have been inactive for 6 months.
It has been mentionted when we had the discussion last time that we want the effect of someone logging in and realizing he made a fortune.
I would accept a small tax for example 0.1%/day after 3 months of inactivity or so, but I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Also, CryptoKitties go for 100k$, for fucks sake, we have a future Cheesy

I don't think we should seek listing of either CKO or CKD on exchange sites aside from the Crypto Kingdom site itself. CKM, the currency unit, is the main thing we will be trying to list.

Honestly, I say we keep in line with the almost universal 8 "decimal units". So that 4 trillion (4,000,000,000,000) we have now becomes 40000.00000000. Or we can fiddle with the coin supply (just multiply it by x100) where we have a whole unit issuance in the low tens of millions of units at 4 mil full units. In any event, one full CKM unit will equal 100 mil in-game units.

However, depending on how we tokenize and utilize gen2 and gen3 crypto elements, such as masternodes, voting, etc., CKO and CKD may be tokenized as well (but again, external exchange listing will not be sought).

In terms of exchange listing, I would recommend https://www.cryptopia.co.nz, which is a good mid-level exchange by volume and has implemented a lot of features prior exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex were known for (like trollboxes, on-exchange ownership distributions, etc.).

In terms of account takeover, I mainly think we need to look at Zech, Soul, Dark, etc. Overall, a lot of Zech-related ones, but otherwise, we can just leave the rest alone. Who knows how the game will change, and perhaps old accounts can all be like FOC or historic "houses" and then players have to manually elect to generate new player characters.

Corporations on the other hand, especially those with a current stock asset, will need to be dealt with with their original owner/CEO is gone. Two big ones that come to mind are Bank (S-HB) and NewCorp (S-NC). These could be taken over by the game or something.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: