Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69472 times)
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:26:36 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 03:53:52 AM by CrazyLoaf

Any game ideas please keep them coming! Also feel free to check out the CK public chat:

https://cryptokingdom.ryver.com/application/signup/members/njw9Z-TTBMjyruB

Meteorites are rarer than gold, platinum, diamonds or emeralds. Owning one is the only way to touch the cosmos, and the demand for such an experience is quite high all over the world! Many have called them the “truest form of black gold,” and they often sell for $300.00 per gram or more - meaning a 1 pound meteorite can be worth a million dollars.

Some sort of bombardment activity would also help explain the weirdly shaped plots of land held by DARK (ID: 139):

https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/139

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

We have regained a bit of the map functionality, it is live (still a bug or 2) but can be seen:

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/1:SE

For the purists out there please know that the slippage in space/time is purely temporary and will be shuffled again shortly
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:29:49 AM

We have regained a bit of the map functionality, it is live (still a bug or 2) but can be seen:

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/1:SE

For the purists out there please know that the slippage in space/time is purely temporary and will be shuffled again shortly

The neat part about this is it is data-driven Wink Unlike the extremely old RPG-style pic that some of you may remember that was made by hand by someone in RPGMaker.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:55:10 AM

I've been reviewing the old CK Google Docs again and am amazed at the variety and depth of some of the subgames that were proposed as well as those that were actually played.

For example, anyone remember this: a chalpery being opened up and being utilized for (A) farming before (B) quarrying and finally (C) dividing into buildable lots. No idea why Risto didn't try to bring such things over to the UltimaDB version of the game.

Also saw references to Poloniex being very open to a CK asset being listed in 2015 Sad The ball was really dropped here not getting this done back then Cry

Anyway, anyone interested in building out any of these subgames? What sort of subgames would you like to see?

And BTW: does anyone recall why Risto staggered the placement of chapleries and what was going to fill out the extra tiles? As you can see from some of the earlier Google Docs, the map is not completely square...
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:13:19 PM

Greetings to everyone!
There is a pretty new anonymous cryptocoin which has a huge potential and is currently at a low price.
Is called BitcoinZ and is inspired from ZCash. Here is a video about it and an interactive explanation of the zkSNARKS algorithm:

https://youtu.be/3hVG888tOpY

If you have some free time, please check it out.
Have a nice day!

Thanks for the spam. Anyway, XMR has already won the privacy game from a technical and fairness (in terms of distribution) standpoint. Don't know why we need more shitcoins crowding the space...
slk

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:28:56 PM

market dead ?
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:11:25 PM

market dead ?

The game is inactive at the moment, but players can still log in. Please join the Ryver link in the first post of the thread:

CK Channel: https://cryptokingdom.ryver.com/application/signup/members/njw9Z-TTBMjyruB

This is where the CK relaunch and revival discussion is happening.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:32 AM

Break the CK Test Server!

Test site available here: http://174.138.54.127

Has self-signing SSL, so that is why you may get an error in your browser.

This is an old version of the Agora database, so item ownership and prices may be different compared to the live implementation.

Any changes made on the test server DO NOT carry over to the live cryptokingdom.me implementation.

So feel free to dump all your CAN at 1 M like you've always wanted to Tongue

Some changes mentioned by the devs (I took snippets, so they may be jumbled or repeat):

talking game architecture

any moment now we should have test server live with a bunch of fixes: buying / selling property , CLI bug squashes like commas in sell prices, different pages (like property editor) having CLI broken .. we'll get an actual log of changes once we get it up

map display bug has been squashed, i'm working on getting them knocked out for most of the chapelries.

moving forward we'll post link to testing site here in a bit and people can give feedback / try to hack / if new bugs popped up help identify

if no hack-holes have presented themselves then we'll move those change to live site

then our priorities have been in the direction of moving almost all functionality into API, which would help in the code cleanup process and improve API funcitonality

also we are thinking that CLI for basic users is perhaps offputting

so allowing CLI for "advanced" users .. but essentially weeding it out, so that CLI would be optional

We're hoping to provide link to test server in few minutes, pretty much all of the frantic bug squashing is knocked out. So once I finish out the maps, that should have CK back to around the days of its having most functionality

We figure once all the changes seen in test-server have been seen and .. well .. tested .. and changes are pushed to live .. we'd sit back and work on migrating functionality to API calls, as well as phasing out CLI, and listen to what the community wanted to happen next

so the major fixes:

advanced cli works no matter where the cursor is, and can handle commas

and buy/sell of lots is fixed. sales can be managed on the lot details pages.
Tanu10

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:17:57 AM

This is an uncensored topic for cryptokingdom. And if the topic- starter is scamming post about it in scam accusations
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:52:20 AM

This is an uncensored topic for cryptokingdom. And if the topic- starter is scamming post about it in scam accusations

Not sure what you are talking about? I haven't seen generalizethis post anywhere in a long time regarding CK.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:56:11 PM

Not sure what you are talking about? I haven't seen generalizethis post anywhere in a long time regarding CK.

I guess they are talking about smooth's thread--though not sure what that has to do with this thread other than Risto's editing forced us to create this thread.

KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:51:54 AM

How are things progressing with the exchange listing?

Are the new devs working on that too?
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:50:11 AM

How are things progressing with the exchange listing?

Are the new devs working on that too?

We want a more solid technical base in place as well as a basic, automated gameplay structure around land/property and production/consumption for the houses and NPCs. Once that is done, current plan is to launch a Counterparty (XCP) token for M.

Long-term, looking at additional integration of XCP assets in CK as well as using the XCP blockchain for things like account access, public/private key signing, item ownership checkpointing and the like.
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:26:45 AM

Already posted this list of Development Ideas/Milestones (with SWOT analysis) on the CK IRC and Ryver, but posting here for additional discussion as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fXXPEJs4j5azoJpwZgIwB6-6lPfSZZqFkZ2ftF1Sw7c/edit?usp=sharing
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:19:47 PM

Let's eat rather. I'll be back after dinner( and a good night's sleep/etc).

HIGH Risto? Huh
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:22:13 PM

From Syksy on Ryver:

In EVE (which I am very tempted to always compare to), there's an entire business revolving around the location of items (transportation as a business as well as key ingredient in warfare; some zones are safer than others, while ultimately nowhere is truly safe) - the fact that currently all items are "omnipotently" present everywhere in an instant is easy as a 1st line solution, but if the game is to evolve to involve more depthful mechanics regarding the economy I'm sure logistics and "trade hubs" would evolve if items (and characters) were bound to time and space

yeah, these are of course proposals that can be implemented in various ways; hence why for example I'd be curious to try out modeling NPCs as sort-of PCs, that would act similar to them in pretty much every way... I got some ideas that revolved around simulated NPC consensus behavior with some sort AI-driven behavior, cell automatons for individualized level, or perhaps even differential equation -based models if we could derive a feasible model based on those (I'm sure there's such already in academic literature regarding economy, but they might be a bit too theoretical); I might be inspecting this aspect a bit too much from an academic perspective, and not so much from a practical game implementation level

Definitely cell automatons and differential equations would require a lot of fine tuning to produce desired emergent behavior, and might be too sensitive to even small perturbations in the formulae - so I'm probably shooting a fly with a cannon here

Which actually reminds me of one dev idea I had originally - discretize time, with e.g. one minute in real life modeling one time unit in CK, during which certain amount of "action" can happen; I think such a model would have to be implemented some way eventually - other option could be continuous time, where actions just have a defined period of time in order to be conducted

I'll add "Modeling time in a more precise manner" to my list, with some initial thoughts - there's various different paths that one can take, each with strengths and weaknesses naturally
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:52:58 PM

I'm thrilled you have decided to pay us our bitcoins!

It's going to take a while to withdraw those funds from Poloniex, you'll have to verify your profile the increase your limit, however, there will still be a limit, I think it's 25 000$ daily but I'm not sure.
 Smiley Smiley

HIGH other Risto? Huh Your debts are with Risto...but you would know that (being Risto and all)...
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:48:44 AM

We want a more solid technical base in place as well as a basic, automated gameplay structure around land/property and production/consumption for the houses and NPCs. Once that is done, current plan is to launch a Counterparty (XCP) token for M.

Long-term, looking at additional integration of XCP assets in CK as well as using the XCP blockchain for things like account access, public/private key signing, item ownership checkpointing and the like.

Have you considered using a Komodo assetchain? Has bitcoin level security via 'delayed proof of work' notarization, and we would get our own independent chain, so possible to migrate very easily, plus fees are extremely low, and speed is fast. Would also get access to decentralised exchange, BarterDEX.

Isn't XCP too slow and expensive now?
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:51:14 AM

Have you considered using a Komodo assetchain? Has bitcoin level security via 'delayed proof of work' notarization, and we would get our own independent chain, so possible to migrate very easily, plus fees are extremely low, and speed is fast. Would also get access to decentralised exchange, BarterDEX.

Isn't XCP too slow and expensive now?

A few reasons for XCP. Open to other ideas, but here are my points for now:

One, is that there are already platforms like "Book of Orbs" and "IndieSquare" for XCP tokens focused around the card-asset mechanic. XCP has its own decentralized exchange as well.

Another is that the majority of blockchain M transactions will be off-chain (as they will be occurring on the CK site). Therefore, fees won't be a concern.

Combined with this, we are planning on using the XCP addresses for signing of player accounts, voting, trading security, and the like. Also hashing/checkpointing a full listing of account items (both blockchain and non-blockchain) using the XCP addresses. As XCP is an older technology, there may be better documentation out there as to how to accomplish the above.

We also plan to allow other XCP card-assets to be added to CK. In other words, we are planning to open up the game for other XCP assets coming in. Say a person brings over some RarePepe cards. They spend some CK currency to assign in-game attributes to the card (and then that is how it is set for all other blockchain card assets of that type).

Maybe someone brings over SALTANDPEPE (http://rarepepedirectory.com/?p=645). Pays to assign a +10% to consumption efficiency in CK for the card holders. It would work in the reverse as well. Tokenize CK assets by paying for the XCP asset creation fee and have them now move on the XCP blockchain.

Overall, we want to get the game to a place where it is moddable by people to create them own gameplay modules. If they want to introduce say a new item and an economy around that item, there are parameters they work around, but they have the freedom to create!
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:08:56 AM
Merited by boomboom (2), player99 (1)

Just playing around... Tongue

The Ristonian Rapture & Zecharian Scar: Siege on Crypto Kingdom

The histories were lost when the great houses fell. Fortunes spilled as easily as blood on the battlefields against a backdrop of smoldering battlements. For the clans that emerged victorious, there was little time for revelry as they found themselves thrust into an age of darkness.

As centuries (or perhaps even millennia) passed, the purpose and particulars of the "End Game" were forgotten. Those that remained merely tried to eke out a meager existence alongside the ruins and rubble of the once great kingdom.

If you asked the older citizens of the kingdom what happened during the now fabled "End Game," they would ramble on about dragons and ascensions and leylines and Seraph and the Great Magus Zenon and the VOICE. Whatever gibberish they spouted would be chalked up to folktale at best -- them merely repeating childhood stories passed down -- and senility at worst.

But it was unmistakable that *something* had happened in the past. One only had to venture as far north as the "Free Lands" to see the aftermath of the ancients. Stretching out from the far horizon towards the kingdom itself, a great rift in the landscape was visible: the Zecharian Scar. And where civilization met with the Scar along the northern reaches, the great wall surrounding the kingdom was maimed and blasted.

Whatever had hit the land had done so with titanic power. Large chunks of the fortification from the wall were scattered across the borough, the smaller bits of masonry even being found in the southern chapelries. The largest pieces -- like the towers -- virtually impaled the land. In those places, the land had become swampy before gradually giving way to sinkholes. Over time, even those precarious plots eroded away, leaving deep abyssal wounds on the earth.

Always adaptable, the nearby citizens erected walls and fortifications around the vast gouges in the landscape in hopes of protecting exploring children or wandering livestock from tumbling in. But over time, rumors and local concerns morphed from those who had met an untimely demise falling down to what could possibly be rising *up* out of the depths.

Animals started disappearing first, in greater and greater numbers before whatever was rumbling beneath the kingdom moved on to people. And the pits themselves, stonily static for centuries, started to hum with activity. At first, it was fleeting: a seeming flicker of red light; a rock cascading below. But now, heralds stormed forth south to seek aid and inform the capital of an unknown threat.

On the letters they bared, only one word would have been needed by the great houses of old to realize the annihilation closing in on the kingdom: VOICES...

Dark Forces (Player ID: 139) rise from the depths below the "Free Lands" in borough 4, their influence spreading from their impassable pits covering all 9 borough chapelries. Power and reinforcements come from the deep along the Scar. Will they expand deeper into the kingdom, carving out the surrounding underground and corrupting the land above? Rumors say that the fallen king of eons past, rearisen as Zech'ariah the Crypto Lich, leads the hellish ensemble to finish the destruction he started in time immemorial...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: