Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP is a complete fraud GET OUT!  (Read 65445 times)
Kakashi San

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:16:23 AM

I made a good profit on xrp, bought 3 months ago, sold last week. After this rise, I am afraid that its value drops sharply ... I don't know what to do with xrp today, buy or stay away ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
begginer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:20:50 AM

Why a newbie is telling us some weird things about ripple? I am holding. It's 0.19 right now. Planning to sell on 0.50
AmarO (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:27:42 AM

Here's what I don't get about Ripple. How is there any significance to the value of 1 XRP given that it is being used as an intermediary for banking transactions? Whether it's worth .0001 or $100 each, it doesn't matter. So why should the value of the coin be going up for any reason other than people hyping it? The value of the coin is irrelevant to the banks. Why should we expect it to keep rising then? For no reason other than everyone buying it due to the hype?

I am new to cryptos and have a lot of $ invested into XRP but I am also not sure how this coin could ever reach $1. That would put it over the BTC market share at this point and it has no actual value or use to us laymen.

I think the idea behind the company is brilliant but I don't see how that translates to the coin value increasing significant over time past what it already is. Can someone please enlighten me?
I made a good profit on xrp, bought 3 months ago, sold last week. After this rise, I am afraid that its value drops sharply ... I don't know what to do with xrp today, buy or stay away ?

Why a newbie is telling us some weird things about ripple? I am holding. It's 0.19 right now. Planning to sell on 0.50

You can still hold for the short-term the hype will carry it, you will be fine can still buy it will go to .25 then it is creeping at a dangerous level, I believe it will hit .30 off hype but at that point all bets are off... I am going to make a post explaining Market Manipulation by Crypto Companies in the scene. How it is done as well as the types of effects they can have, will be posting in this section.

AmarO (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:16:51 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1913636.0

^

How do CryptoCompanies Manipulate their Coin Value?(Explained)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6apdy0/why_do_you_invest_in_xrp/

^

Ripple gets ripped again on Reddit by some user
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:08:50 AM

What people do not understand is the ripple is basically not a coin. They are a blockchain company. They work with financial instutions and they make Money off that.

However since they already have a strong blockchain with banks and other big financial companies, they said what the hell lets make a coin out of as well. Now all they have to do is to keep improving their relations with Financial companies. Son o, ripple is not a complete fraud, they are bit different than other coins you know of.
AmarO (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:53:13 AM

What people do not understand is the ripple is basically not a coin. They are a [Suspicious link removed]pany. They work with financial instutions and they make Money off that.

However since they already have a strong blockchain with banks and other big financial companies, they said what the hell lets make a coin out of as well. Now all they have to do is to keep improving their relations with Financial companies. Son o, ripple is not a complete fraud, they are bit different than other coins you know of.

Do you know they're set to run another coin produced by Japanese bank on their network without even XRP. LOL!  They can run any coin. Each country will end up with their own coin and IPL in time. XRP is a complete failure. Guess what XRP investor money funded them and they will milk it like guy said on Reddit they will sell Billions. Already selling... Now they are going to run another coin on their network haha. Go buy XRP if you want free donation to Ripple lol and you make some profit just make sure sell before everyone realize truth and it crash to $0 its real value.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:26:07 PM

Another proof XRP is useless https://ripple.com/files/ripple_solutions_guide.pdf

Nothing in their documentations points toward XRP nor any cryptocurrency. Ripple technology is cool, but XRP is useless. When this shit collapses will put a black market on the entire public crypto scene.
mining1

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:12:12 PM

1. I showed you a paper from 2017, and you're showing me something from 2015.
2. Your link doesn't prove anything anyway. To summarize your link, they hope XRP would become the middle currency between any other two currencies, because they hold 60billion of them.
3. Ripple doesn't need an intermediary currency to work anyway, as a platform, it is stated on their site https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/ , quote "While XRP is not required to transact on Ripple*"

And most important:
-XRP is released by a private company, so it's worse than being released by a central bank, atleast you know they are extremely well regulated.
-XRP is not decentralised and open. It is hosted by ripple and they control the code.
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:37:27 PM

2. Your link doesn't prove anything anyway. To summarize your link, they hope XRP would become the middle currency between any other two currencies, because they hold 60billion of them.
3. Ripple doesn't need an intermediary currency to work anyway, as a platform, it is stated on their site https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/ , quote "While XRP is not required to transact on Ripple*"

And most important:
-XRP is released by a private company, so it's worse than being released by a central bank, atleast you know they are extremely well regulated.
-XRP is not decentralised and open. It is hosted by ripple and they control the code.

"The entire Ripple Consensus Ledger is open source. You can submit pull requests, set up your own a stock server or even set up your own validating node to participate in the consensus process. Their codeis in their GitHub."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/62kysf/how_much_of_ripple_is_open_source/
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

Ripple XRP is a complete fraud GET OUT!

DO NOT INVEST IN XRP

Only insecure people tell others what to do. Its called controlling behavior.
mining1

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:48:01 PM

And most important:

"The entire Ripple Consensus Ledger is open source. You can submit pull requests, set up your own a stock server or even set up your own validating node to participate in the consensus process. Their codeis in their GitHub."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/62kysf/how_much_of_ripple_is_open_source/

Being open source ( after years of being closed source ) doesn't mean much, it only means you can audit the code. That doesn't make it decentralized and it means the code is still controlled by ripple. So it's still centralized and under their control. How is that any different than any central entity ? Central banks are centralized and such, but the money they release on market have intrinsec value because it is usable and needed on the market. XRP isn't.

Your reply didn't bring any valuable argument pro XRP.
mining1

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:56:18 PM

It seems that 3-400 mil more tokens were dumped on the market by Ripple, there used to be 37bil+ tokens, now there are 38bil 300mil tokens. Well, 60billion left to dump Grin
MacT

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:00:46 PM

Your reply didn't bring any valuable argument pro XRP.

The classic valid argument against ripple is that the vast vast vast majority of it, by a hugely unreasonable margin, was given to
the original creators. In earier days that was frowned on as 'massive premining' and always brought instant hatred and resistance.
The current coin climate though has no values or interest beyond PROFIT so xrp slides by. The spinoff, Stellar, puts a much much
smaller number of coins in the creators pocket but then NONE for miners, as Stellar is literally is GIVEN AWAY for FREE.

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:31:50 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 08:39:54 PM by ðºÞæ

60billion left to dump Grin
Wrong, A significant amount of "available" coins can not be sold at the moment because of contractual agreement.
The actual truly freely traded number of coins is freighting small.
Furthermore, Ripple Laps does not need XRP's 99.99% of the time (only in extreme circumstances with something very low volume) its main use is dumpig it.
XRP is the digital equivalent of this completely useless crap.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:22:50 PM

Do you know they're set to run another coin produced by Japanese bank on their network without even XRP. LOL!  They can run any coin. Each country will end up with their own coin and IPL in time. XRP is a complete failure. Guess what XRP investor money funded them and they will milk it like guy said on Reddit they will sell Billions. Already selling... Now they are going to run another coin on their network haha. Go buy XRP if you want free donation to Ripple lol and you make some profit just make sure sell before everyone realize truth and it crash to $0 its real value.

You are so funny, man...
Banks using their own ledgers, created by ripple. And of course, they need their own coins / currency for that. This makes you LOL. But your silly LOL only show this:
You know and understand nothing.

Because transactions between all this ledgers with all their own coins, need:
XRP

So LOL, 'til you roll, troll...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
mining1

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:09:42 AM

Wrong, A significant amount of "available" coins can not be sold at the moment because of contractual agreement.
Furthermore, Ripple Laps does not need XRP's 99.99% of the time (only in extreme circumstances with something very low volume) its main use is dumpig it.

They were dumped already. There used to be 37.xbillion+ tokens on market, now there are 38billion and 300mil http://coinmarketcap.com/ . In about a year+ there were dumped  ~7billion tokens.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:00:35 AM

After this realization I had to give up on Ripple completely, I sold my shares and am out of Ripple, I need a company that will go down with me and rise with me not one that rises no matter what while I fund them and I very likely may get screwed while they get successful. Open your eyes if you're investing in them.... you are investing in their XRP not Ripple as their employee quickly pointed out to me on twitter. Even regarding their block-chain technology big competitors are coming on the scene soon. The main point though is I need a company that will go down with me and rise with me not one that rises no matter what while I fund them and take all the risk. Why can a company I invest in be successful without me being successful as well, how is that even a possiblity!?! I'm out this is a complete scam and fraud it was obviously knowingly created that way.

DO NOT INVEST IN XRP

It's all a part of trading mate. Ripple certainly is being used by some banks and probably has more ties than central and commercial banks than most of the cryptocurrencies do(not that it's a good thing because cryptocurrencies are supposed to be anti central banking in the first place).

But there is certainly a lot of speculation, i would get out of ripple right now as well after the big pump. I don't think it's sustainable. It might not be the final pump yet but the final pump will come eventually and it will be followed by a dump(obviously).

But ripple isn't a scam. It's been #3 crypto for ages, and that's for a good reason.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:35:30 AM

Thanks OP. I do already made my exit and its all fine. I am also dismayed by XRP's dumping of coins but its all business. I pity those who ride and did not managed to exit earlier, but I think they can still gain but for how long, to wait..we do not know.

Open for Campaigns
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:41:05 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 03:37:46 PM by ðºÞæ

They were dumped already. There used to be 37.xbillion+ tokens on market, now there are 38billion and 300mil http://coinmarketcap.com/ . In about a year+ there were dumped  ~7billion tokens.

So you are saying ~8billion (300mil + 7b + from before) is the true number of freely available tokens.
So 90% of XRP’s still searching for suckers to participate in this fools game.

Jed McCaleb by contractual agreement is only allowed to dump x billion per year.
Banks in exchange for stating they use Ripple (Labs) not XRP’s are given x amount of tokens with the agreement not to sell (dump) for x years.

Joe Blow finds a value for something which has cost next to nothing to produce is given away for free and is controlled by a centralized entity and best of all not needed or used.

Swindling money out of the pocket of not so wise (simpleton) member of society = scam.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 05:49:46 AM

Thanks OP. I do already made my exit and its all fine. I am also dismayed by XRP's dumping of coins but its all business. I pity those who ride and did not managed to exit earlier, but I think they can still gain but for how long, to wait..we do not know.

this is one unlucky bitch lol he dumped the first but saw the price weren't affected he wants to buy back but wants the price down to $0.10 first lol. these are the peoppe who deserves to lose his money after dumping. if you are left behind. stay left behind or have the option to buy at a high price.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀