Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP is a complete fraud GET OUT!  (Read 65445 times)
David Horton

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:25:59 PM

That's not true...XRP is real, I'm talking from experience. It's the most efficient network ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:34:42 PM

So wait, someone's calling the second largest coin a fraud? I'm not that much into alt-coin story but even I know that it can hardly be a fraud.

For all we know, Ripple could be the original.

It was started 2004/2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)

"The predecessor to the Ripple payment protocol, Ripplepay, was first developed in 2004 by Ryan Fugger,[18][19] a web developer in Vancouver, British Columbia.[20] Fugger conceived of the idea after working on a local exchange trading system in Vancouver, and his intent was to create a monetary system that was decentralized and could effectively allow individuals and communities to create their own money. Fugger's first iteration of this system, RipplePay.com,[21] debuted in 2005 as a financial service to provide secure payment options to members of an online community via a global network."

This is exactly what people misunderstand. Ripple won't distribute XRP thru its clients but will help organizations to transact easily with a token of their own.

Why would an organization use a token like XRP that is centralized at an external corporation ?

I'm yet to get a convincing answer about that.
No one would able to give you an answer related to your assumptions because none will satisfy you up and you are right they wont really bother to use up token relating to their centralized corporation.
I dont know whats on the minds of some people why they could able to say such thing since its already understandable and even on common sense you can able to identify obvious things and decisions.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:22:13 PM

That's not true...XRP is real, I'm talking from experience. It's the most efficient network ever.

Come on, do you really think it worth 12 billion dollar market cap? Are you guys serious when saying something like this?

It exceeded the market cap of Ethereum, this is not realistic.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:28:02 PM

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:20:28 PM

I have akways been wary of ripple and xrp. When yku can create new xrp like that its not good. They need a planned payout over long term. None of this create new 333million outta nowhere crap. Crap coin. Sell it.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:29:08 PM

I have akways been wary of ripple and xrp. When yku can create new xrp like that its not good. They need a planned payout over long term. None of this create new 333million outta nowhere crap. Crap coin. Sell it.

55 billion in escrow IS a long-term release plan.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:34:03 PM

So wait, someone's calling the second largest coin a fraud? I'm not that much into alt-coin story but even I know that it can hardly be a fraud.

For all we know, Ripple could be the original.

It was started 2004/2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)

"The predecessor to the Ripple payment protocol, Ripplepay, was first developed in 2004 by Ryan Fugger,[18][19] a web developer in Vancouver, British Columbia.[20] Fugger conceived of the idea after working on a local exchange trading system in Vancouver, and his intent was to create a monetary system that was decentralized and could effectively allow individuals and communities to create their own money. Fugger's first iteration of this system, RipplePay.com,[21] debuted in 2005 as a financial service to provide secure payment options to members of an online community via a global network."

This is exactly what people misunderstand. Ripple won't distribute XRP thru its clients but will help organizations to transact easily with a token of their own.

Why would an organization use a token like XRP that is centralized at an external corporation ?

I'm yet to get a convincing answer about that.

You can remove ripple the corporation, and XRP will work as usual. I do not see your points.

And who keeps releasing the coins then ?
Uhh ohh seems like you're wrong huh ?  Cheesy

Not long ago the dev guy showed up on this very topic saying he is GUESSING they released 333 million as part of a deal with a bank or some shit like that..

So in other words they have their own little agenda at when and how many ICO coins to release.
They do it in secret with no warning or post-explanation.
And they DO have reasons for doing it but don't tell us.. ever.

They simply do what ever they want.. as a corporation.

And when the corporation is releasing the ICO coins then how can XRP function with out Ripple inc ?
Who will release those coins if no Ripple inc was doing it ?

Your corporate ICO pyramid scheme is a joke guys  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:46:57 PM

Very interesting discussion. I am new to Ripple and I am trying to understand whether it would make sense to invest in some XRP. I am not here for quick bucks, I am here as a big fan of blockchains.

I invest confidently in BTC because I believe in the technology. The more the technology becomes popular, the more BTC will be worth. This is because you need BTC to use the blockchain and the BTC protocol does not allow issuance of BTC beyond the planned maximum cap.

I am interested in Ripple because I read it is a very efficient blockchain system and because many banks are adopting it. The problem is, if I understand correctly, that increase in popularity of Ripple does not mean increase of value of XRP because (i) banks do not use XPR for their Ripple transactions (not clear what they use...maybe their own coins?) and (ii) because Ripple is a private company and the Ripple blockchain is controlled by this company, thus they could issue more coins if they want to do so (even if this would create inflation and decrease the value of the coins they already hold).

Is this correct?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:51:30 PM

Very interesting discussion. I am new to Ripple and I am trying to understand whether it would make sense to invest in some XRP. I am not here for quick bucks, I am here as a big fan of blockchains.

I invest confidently in BTC because I believe in the technology. The more the technology becomes popular, the more BTC will be worth. This is because you need BTC to use the blockchain and the BTC protocol does not allow issuance of BTC beyond the planned maximum cap.

I am interested in Ripple because I read it is a very efficient blockchain system and because many banks are adopting it. The problem is, if I understand correctly, that increase in popularity of Ripple does not mean increase of value of XRP because (i) banks do not use XPR for their Ripple transactions (not clear what they use...maybe their own coins?) and (ii) because Ripple is a private company and the Ripple blockchain is controlled by this company, thus they could issue more coins if they want to do so (even if this would create inflation and decrease the value of the coins they already hold).

Is this correct?

Then ask them how they secured the private keys to the fortune their sitting on.

FUD first & ask questions later™
yelllowsin

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:57:48 PM

Ripple built 55 smart contracts using its own escrow feature released for public used in March, each holding 1 billion XRP and expiring on the first day of every month for a period of 54 months.

As each contract expires, the cryptocurrency will briefly become available for Ripple to use as it sees fit.

"to use as it sees fit" reads "Dump along the time" in the inner lines. Or do you think they will give it for free?

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency/
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:41:50 PM

I do not agree with you. The network is strong enought, this is checked, but the price rise is not reasonable.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:51:37 PM

I see, BTC boys getting worried and starting a demoralizing campaign..  good luck with that.
Corporations are a lot stronger than a handful of BTC defenders.
Market forces will speak for themselves.
inkadnb

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:42:52 PM

XRP and Stellar are scams... Do your research please.

See: https://youtu.be/mQKxSVLLfAk

video contains sources and covers the following paper:
https://github.com/petertodd/ripple-consensus-analysis-paper/blob/master/paper.pdf

or is everyone completely ignoring history​?

The XRP token was added as a complete afterthought so Ripple Labs could make money. In doing so they neglected to address primitive attack vectors on this blockchain. Ripple could work entirely without the XRP token, it serves no purpose otherwise.

XRP is centralized whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

I also suspect that Stellar is simply getting pumped artificially.

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:17:44 PM

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:26:39 PM

Is this correct?

Then ask them how they secured the private keys to the fortune their sitting on.

The private keys mean nothing, if the whole "blockchain" is in the hands of one company.

Is there even a blockchain? No one can mine it, can they? A blockchain where only one entity can mine is useless because that beats the entire purpose of blockchain and decentralization.

Ripple is already forcing Ripple Trade wallet owners to provide ID. They can freeze the network tomorrow, and ask everyone to give them a blowjob to "reclaim" their tokens.

You and me are just wasting our time I'm afraid it is like talking to a flock of sheep.  Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:33:12 PM

it takes around 6000 BTC, to clean out the entire Polo orderbook, to get XRP to 1 satoshi

So that is the real XRP market cap, 6000 BTC.  Cheesy

Truth is the new hatespeech.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:36:33 PM

Meanwhile XRP 19000 satoshi, I hope your noses are bleeding heavily and your sick theories evolve IN TO THE INFINITY!
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:46:39 PM

BTC is king!
so what?
XRP is better!
 Wink Wink
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:26:16 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 01:01:48 AM by g___

XRP and Stellar are scams... Do your research please.

or is everyone completely ignoring history​?

cool, let's talk history. remember the time karpelès robbed mt. gox/customers out of their bitcoin? yeah, real cool!

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:42:55 AM

It is but as you can see you can earn more bitcoin trading it. Thats why people buy it. I personally wouldn't buy it. There are other opportunities
Um, I beg to differ with that logic.  I don't argue that people don't do that, but it seems rather silly to me.  You can make just as much money trading bitcoin as Ripple.  No Ripple purchase required.  People buy it because they want to gamble with altcoins, and they take enormous amounts of risk doing that.  And I do agree with the OP about that particular coin being a scam...but I think most of them are anyway.  XRP is no different than the others.  Don't buy it, don't look at it, don't even think about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: