Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP is a complete fraud GET OUT!  (Read 65444 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:32:59 PM

You can always find at least one person to say every coin made is a scam, bullshit etc.  Obliviously the market does not think ripple is a scam.

Yeah the market invested many billions in Bernie Madoffs funds, too, thinking they are not a scam...market isn't always right. Wink

What scam is ripple perpetrating? AFAIK, they are creating a settlement layer for banks to replace the outdated SWIFT system--they're not pretending to be Bitcoin 2.0. You can dislike that their technology caters to bankers, but that doesn't discredit their method, only their objective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:35:47 PM

Is it true that Ripple is releasing a bunch of coins at the beginning of the month? Will the price drop or is that already reflected in the current price?
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:42:18 PM

I already made quite nice returns from Ripple. They seemed pretty real, so no scam on that there IMHO Cheesy Wouldn't advice holding for the long run however, I already dumped most of mine. Nothing that is controlled centrally by banks deserves to last long in crypto. I sure as hell have no idea why it's price rose so much, but I'm not complaining.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

TheWallStreetCrew

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:43:34 PM

You can always find at least one person to say every coin made is a scam, bullshit etc.  Obliviously the market does not think ripple is a scam.

Yeah the market invested many billions in Bernie Madoffs funds, too, thinking they are not a scam...market isn't always right. Wink

It may not be a perfect indicator but it is definitely an indicator and obviously should be considered among many others.

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG
Mbokani

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:36:40 PM

Is it true that Ripple is releasing a bunch of coins at the beginning of the month? Will the price drop or is that already reflected in the current price?
I think they have released some coins in the market,it might affect the price and it looks like they will be rolling out unlimited coins when they wanted and how can anyone trust the team and why is everyone investing in it ,i really think it is a bubble .
BitcoinUKmedia

Activity: 261

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:54:28 PM

I have some ripple but honestly could not tell you a thing about it. I guess this may be the case with anyone who stares at Poloniex for long enough.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:27:45 AM

What scam is ripple perpetrating? AFAIK, they are creating a settlement layer for banks to replace the outdated SWIFT system--they're not pretending to be Bitcoin 2.0. You can dislike that their technology caters to bankers, but that doesn't discredit their method, only their objective.

Wrong.. the ICO / Premine and centralization and countless other bullshit stunts proves it.

What in the fuck is there to like about it ?

You've all been warned.. they have a history of shenanigans just like ETH and Monero.
Wanna play dumb ? go for it..

FUD first & ask questions later™
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:16:47 AM

People have been citing the huffpost article as some sort of panacea for Ripple. It turns out the author has deleted this from his article:

"It’s of no consequence to Ripple whether XRP trades at 50 cents or 1 cent. In fact, they’d prefer the latter." 

Here is the original:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0Yho4WH64Y0J:www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ripple-and-xrp-are-more-stable-than-you-think_us_591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is the current one: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915

Some take away from this article is how easily they can spin something that should be negative into a positive:

"For the past 18 months, Ripple has sold 300 million XRP per month. The new lock up arrangement allows them to sell around three times that amount."

Wow, what deal guys!  Shocked   Cheesy

Also, for those who keep thinking that Ripple can't create new tokens, reality check. Sure, XRP is fixed though they could change denominations at will into "droplets" and effectively increase the supply. But despite that, they can also just create a new token any time.

This so called journalist starts the article with "Ripple isn’t creating any other cryptocurrencies or proprietary coins for banks. XRP is it. That means that Ripple success directly equals XRP success."

Yet in the very same article, straight from the CTO of Ripple:

"“We have no plans right now to create any others."   

No plans right now gets spun into "isn't" by the author.

Meanwhile, Ripple.com removed this: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:i4hein9Y2yYJ:https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This explains how XRP is not needed by the banks. (yes it makes a use case, just as any salesman does).  Slowly I am seeing links to past claims about stability being deleted in the forums. Why the obfuscating?

Try to find out information on the ripple forums about whether or not banks will even need to touch RCL now that Ripple is giving them ILP and you will read nothing but confusion with no clear answer given by Ripple. The fact of the matter is, the private solution Ripple is offering with ILP does not include XRP at all. I am sure I'll get grief for this post, but I will be happy to dig up relevant forum links to highlight how murky things are.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:55:05 AM

@andyatcrux
That was well said thanks for posting / doing research for us.

Sadly you and i know these guys won't care or maybe even possess the ability to read what you said.
They see XRP on Polo and go into shill bag holder defense mode.. and tard out with bullshit commentary like idiots.

I have been saying for 4 years it's whale food..
Watching how utterly fucking stupid & inept most of the little shits are combined with the worlds smartest scammers and coders etc = a disaster waiting to happen and keep repeating over & over.

It's a train wreck.

I keep saying this is the easiest way in human history to make money (scamming dipshits)
A perfect storm of lawless exploitation with the super smart and super stupid.

@andyatcrux
What you posted is not what they want to hear.. so it never got said.
The very next comment and 100 after that will simply pretend that you are a ghost.

liek'z omg man why yoo fud'in mah roi;z  Angry

TheWallStreetCrew

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:56:55 PM

Wrong.. the ICO / Premine and centralization and countless other bullshit stunts proves it.

You've all been warned.. they have a history of shenanigans just like ETH and Monero.

Spoetnik I love your posts! You crack me up. But is there anything out there that you like?

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 07:01:47 PM

Spoetnik I love your posts! You crack me up. But is there anything out there that you like?

He loves dash--because they were so open and honest about their instamine and increased centralization due to a emissions reduction after their instamine--hypocrites always be hypocriting Smiley

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:28:02 PM

Yes, the escrow announcement is that Ripple can sell 1 billion a month. But this is their response to the speculation that they could dump 55 billion at any time. Given that awareness and XRP price are increasing, it seems reasonable that they commit to no more than 3x current spend per month.

I do understand the concerns that it's centralised, pre-mined, etc, that Ripple going straight to the banks is anathema to the crypto ideology, and I do to some extent share the concern that Ripple != XRP, but it's undeniable that they're well-organised and professional, and in many ways far ahead of competitors.

In the past, XRP investors have had to take it in faith that Ripple wouldn't dump 55b. Ripple's response, again well-organised and professional, is to confirm that they won't dump it all. This can be traced back all the way to the very strict controls on the original McCaleb settlement.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:07:56 AM

This is about Ripple so i don't want to get into it really.
I have been answering that same question endlessly for years.
I also have been posting WHY all along.. apparently to deaf ears.

What i like is being realistic.. and some honesty.
The guy who commented after you is a moron i have dealt with for years.
Who keeps claiming he has me on ignore..

Get this.. i don't like Dash or give two fucking shits about it or have every had any at all.
And what did he just say ?
He's a Monero shill-tard.. IDIOT !

What do i like? well, i will elaborate a little simply because i think the underlying reasoning can be applied to this topic (why i "hate" Ripple)

For starters i like everyone else here showed up and embraced Crypto-Idealogy.
Something all the retards showing up in 2014 for Doge coin ROI's and everyone since has no clue about.

Then when it comes to specifics i look at issues with coins trying to be realistic.
I like Monero and the fact it's not that bad of a concept and it was mined to start.
Then it breaks down with problems from there..
It has been surrounded by frauds bullshiting since day 1 with unrealistic claims.
And the concept is not too bad but i have a problem with the risk it poses to users trusting it
and worse of all the ultimate reality that it can never achieve mass wide spread adoption.
It violates AML law etc and can never go anywhere and never has.

It's about being realistic and honest guys.
Why ?

Because i keep telling you all your moronic scammy ass idiotic retarded ROI's bullshit is not paying the bills.

You sold out for chump change.
Inept little idiots bumping into each other then picking up the change that jingles on the floor on exchangers.. and yeah i want to punch the next noob-tard that says "Exchanger"
The word is Exchange fucking noobs !
They don't call it the New York Stock Exchanger do they ?

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:29:21 PM

ripple say instant, what is instant, I send ripple from bittrex to my wallet for about six hours and now the money not appeared, may be lost and taken  by network or by the dev
2econd

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:12:57 AM

Correct the coin is a token in the literal sense of the word. The playform might as well be used by other coins. Not a big fan of ripple. Many ideologies get thrown overboard in the pursuit of greed. Few cryptos remain true to the cause.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
waltonvani

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:41:31 AM

Yes, the escrow announcement is that Ripple can sell 1 billion a month. But this is their response to the speculation that they could dump 55 billion at any time. Given that awareness and XRP price are increasing, it seems reasonable that they commit to no more than 3x current spend per month.

I do understand the concerns that it's centralised, pre-mined, etc, that Ripple going straight to the banks is anathema to the crypto ideology, and I do to some extent share the concern that Ripple != XRP, but it's undeniable that they're well-organised and professional, and in many ways far ahead of competitors.

In the past, XRP investors have had to take it in faith that Ripple wouldn't dump 55b. Ripple's response, again well-organised and professional, is to confirm that they won't dump it all. This can be traced back all the way to the very strict controls on the original McCaleb settlement.

That's a bad news for XRP . I sold all my coins at the end of May. Now I haven't yet come back to this coin .
I think there will be a big dumps coming in this month or next month and it will return at the price 5000sats after that.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments || ICO || DISCUSSION
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:40:29 PM

ripple say instant, what is instant, I send ripple from bittrex to my wallet for about six hours and now the money not appeared, may be lost and taken  by network or by the dev

"from bittrex".

bittrex is an exchange - completely different than ripple's RCL.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:42:29 PM

That's a bad news for XRP . I sold all my coins at the end of May. Now I haven't yet come back to this coin .
I think there will be a big dumps coming in this month or next month and it will return at the price 5000sats after that.

"gOInG bACk tO 500 sAtS" said the expert lol you my friend have clearly a negative agenda with ripple. Just ignore this "expert" lol
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:51:43 PM

It's looking pretty solid at the moment. Yes there have been fluctuations recently, but just zoom out to 90 days on the charts to get some context. A massive increase, followed by an inevitable but minor fallback, and then solid price for the last week or so. I'm not one to shout MOON, but I've not seen any news recently to suggest this is anything but a long-term hold. Look at the company, their plans, what they are doing with the RCL, the way they're building liquidity, explanations as to why XRP is the cheapest and most efficient way to use the tech, look at joelkatz coming on here and reddit and supplying what I think are very good answers to people's various concerns.

At the moment I hold 9 different cryptos. They all have proponents and detractors, but XRP gets way more hate than anything else. I understand this from an ideological, purist's perspective. But not from the perspective of value or utility.
cryptocoinex

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 02:59:14 AM

In November 2013, XRP II rejected an approximately $32,000.00 transaction
because it doubted the legitimacy of the overseas customer’s source of funds.
XRP II failed to file a suspicious activity report for this transaction; and

On September 30, 2013, XRP II negotiated an approximately $250,000.00
transaction by email for a sale of XRP virtual currency with a third-party
individual.

Do you notice the REJECTED 32 000$ for XRP and 250 000$ ??
If one individual buys 32k and another 250k (the reason Ripple got fined by FINCEN) and they decline the transaction, because the customer didn`t supply  “know your customer” (“KYC”) .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: