Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [WGR] | Wagerr | The Betting Blockchain | Bounties  (Read 237303 times)
bitdrafter

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Robert Christensen - WGR Lead Developer

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:34:56 PM

How much wagerr will be needed to run a masternode ?

Cheers  Grin

IF the ICO sells out, the maximum coins required to run a masternode is 25k WGR
msilk

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 03:55:28 PM

what ico price?
thanks
The price will be known in the first day of the ico.

The price is already set and is $0.05

Thank you for the price update.  Five cents a token is a good price, I assume this does not include any bonuses.  Will the unsold Wagerr tokens from the ICO be burned?  

The ICO is structured to reward all participants. However, earlier investors receive the most bonus as additional rounds complete. For example, Round 1 investors can earn up to a 9% bonus if all 10 rounds sell out.

https://i.imgur.com/QK38cIQ.png

Later rounds are incentivized with a demo on June 15 as well as additional information and content releases that make the Wagerr team, concept, and plan even more transparent.

Unsold WGR won't even be created, technically. The ICO is percentage based, so if only half of the coins are sold in the ICO only 50 million coins get created and distributed. 100 million is the total offered (unless it sells out early then we will expand it).

Please clarify what you mean by "unless it sells out early then we will expand it"?  Do you mean, if you sell out the 100 million tokens quickly, you will increase the total amount of tokens in order to sell more?  If that is correct, I don't think that is fair for people who purchased earlier thinking the ICO will end when it hits 5 million USD.  

Wagerr ICO Contingency Plan — A Clarification

Here's the official statement on ICO contingencies. Let me explain further below:

"If Round 1 is not fully funded by the end of the ICO, the ICO will extend or restart. If Round 10 successfully completes on or before May 26, the ICO will expand to maximize distribution and capitalization for development.. The ICO will extend by no more than 10 Rounds."

I understand your concern, and the solution is built into the contingency plan, but isn’t spelled out clearly. So let me state it clearly here:

The bonus of 1% per round shown in the previous rounds would continue to apply to earlier investors. So, currently, the chart shows that Round 1 participants could win a maximum of 9% if all 10 rounds of ICO coins are completely bought.

In reality, if we extend as far as 20, and all rounds are completely bought, the Round 1 buyers could gain a maximum 19% bonus.

And it's not just the bonuses that reward early adopters. Early completion of the first 10 rounds would imply overwhelming interest. Extending the sale (and the number of coins) potentially doubles the number of investors and involved parties. People who become users of the Wagerr system are the drivers of value. It goes back to the value coupling mechanisms. The more bets that are placed, the more valuable Wagerr becomes because a portion of every fee gets burned.The deflationary economy is accelerated by mass participation. A successful ICO jumpstarts the user base by populating the Wagerr economy.

Theres another crucial rationale to extend in the event the first ten rounds complete so early: decentralization of the network is the foundation of network security. Doubling the maximum amount of coins would vastly increase distribution and thereby protect the network. The Oracle Masternodes are consensus agents, which collectively feed sporting events outcomes to the network, and wide initial distribution in combination with the supermajority consensus requirement gives Wagerr investors and users peace of mind.

If it turns out that extending the rounds would block our success, we would be open to reconsidering.

We designed the ICO to be fair and we intend to make the ICO successful, so please consider our reasoning and let us know what you think.

Thanks for the clarification.  However, to be honest, this is the most confusing ICO distribution I have ever seen and probably ever will.  I think there should be a more simple way of running the ICO to eliminate confusion when it starts.  The way it currently is means, that it can go up to 20 rounds and possibly more than 200 million tokens with the bonuses.  There should always be a definitive ending, either by hitting the date or selling out before than but not both.  This is like someone running a marathon and if they get there to fast, you tell them, "sorry one more lap to go" and when they get there again too fast, you tell them again, "sorry, one more lap" and so on.  I know you're trying to make this ICO creative but I think you should reconsider this.  Not sure if anyone else agrees but this is my honest opinion.  I like this project but I think more people would invest if you just made it more simplex.  Good luck.

Let me try to clarify and break this down simply:

- The ICO is percentage based. The bonuses are part of the 4% allocation — not additional coins. Assuming 100 mil coins, 4% is 4 mil.

- We must reserve the right to expand the amount offered in order to protect the interest of all investors. We don't want a handful of whales controlling the majority of coin. The more distributed it is, the more chance of success. The only way this can work is if it is fully decentralized.

- More funding means we can go crazy with marketing and development.

- Most ICOs are structured to reward only the early investors. Wagerr's ICO is structured to reward all investors. Besides, if we expand to 200 mil coins and all are sold and you invested in Round 1, you still get a huge 19% bonus.

- We are cutting off possibility to expand on June 14.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

What will be the total number of coins minted at the genesis block? As many ICO coins as are bought? Or is there a total that you will start with that is independent of the ICO?
msilk

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

What will be the total number of coins minted at the genesis block? As many ICO coins as are bought? Or is there a total that you will start with that is independent of the ICO?

The number minted are the number sold + bonus + marketing + dev allocations, up to 100 mil.
tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:59:59 PM

very interesting. i sign up for the campaign and the ico. i'm talking with an online betting group, they think if wagerr take diffusion, could really pose end to all the bookmakers troubles. and we had soooo many in these years from the bookmakers XD

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
msilk

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 06:13:12 PM

very interesting. i sign up for the campaign and the ico. i'm talking with an online betting group, they think if wagerr take diffusion, could really pose end to all the bookmakers troubles. and we had soooo many in these years from the bookmakers XD

Indeed, the beauty of the Wagerr system is it can be used by bookmakers to balance their books! It's not just a competitor, it's a compelling market maker that can provide additional liquidity and reduce risk. Decentralized betting with an altcoin is not for everyone, and bookmakers will continue to do well for a long time to come.

And for the ones that don't run clean and balanced books, Wagerr offers bettors a reliable, secure, accessible alternative.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

The number minted are the number sold + bonus + marketing + dev allocations, up to 100 mil.

If 100 mil is the max at genesis then that would put the value at $5 million USD. This is a very good number for ICO investors. Especially when this coin is so promising. If Polo will ever fix my withdrawal I will invest in the ICO Smiley
bitdrafter

Activity: 60

Robert Christensen - WGR Lead Developer

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

If 100 mil is the max at genesis then that would put the value at $5 million USD. This is a very good number for ICO investors. Especially when this coin is so promising. If Polo will ever fix my withdrawal I will invest in the ICO Smiley

Yes sir, we feel this is a fair and realistic goal, and due to its starting price highly likely to be bought up far above the initial sale price.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:33:09 PM

Hmmm interesting. Just adding my comment so I can follow along Smiley

addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:42:10 PM

Gambling with power of blockchain just amazing combination. This will be next big thing this concept is so nice and I believe this ICO will be very successful because this team is very talented and will deliver great platform for unique betting site.
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:34:51 PM

Gambling with power of blockchain just amazing combination. This will be next big thing this concept is so nice and I believe this ICO will be very successful because this team is very talented and will deliver great platform for unique betting site.

Couldn't agree more. Match made in Vegas  Smiley
Dr Charles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:49:33 PM

I like how it looks like there was some actual real effort that was put into structuring this thing lol I feel like there have been far too many new altcoins/ICO’s hitting the market that do not show any real innovation. I have been using fan duel and draft kings for a while so this is right up my alley. I have not decided if I will be buying in the ICO yet but we will see what happens 😊

crypt0bitz

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:10:35 PM

I think i'll be buying in personally, very well executed and im goddamn pumped to see a project like this..now that I understand it a little more from reading since the announcement. Shows huge potential and my BTC is reserved for some WGR.
roscoelacy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:32:18 PM

get me excite when seing value couple video

all oter ico r shit

fucking ico shitstorm......... dis on will pump good
Dr Charles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:52:37 PM

get me excite when seing value couple video

all oter ico r shit

fucking ico shitstorm......... dis on will pump good

Damn man im sorry but your grammar is killing me lol

EarlyBirdSpecial

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:50:14 AM

for the meme bounty

https://twitter.com/ErlyBurdSpecial/status/866833378590502912
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:53:53 AM

I can't wait for the ICO to start   Tongue
Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:59:38 AM

Very impressive presentation and innovative coin! I will definitively watch this one, good luck with the ICO.
EarlyBirdSpecial

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:02:12 AM

Here's another one for the meme bounty...

https://twitter.com/ErlyBurdSpecial/status/866835916895264768
dham

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:18:44 AM

Very impressive presentation and innovative coin! I will definitively watch this one, good luck with the ICO.
I agree, the coin will be a solid one.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 241 »
  Print  

Jump to: