Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:18:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [WGR] | Wagerr | The Betting Blockchain | Bounties  (Read 237308 times)
msilk

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 02:35:18 PM

so wait, if the crowdsale sells out before the 14th you will issue another 100m tokens to the market for sale? Sorry in advance if i have this wrong

Thats how i understand it. I surely will not try to advertise it if we hit the 100 million.  I have a felling that the first 100 million will sell out, probably not in record time, but sell out... could be wrong, but lots of interest in the last couple days..

thanks for your reply. Personally I dont understand why they would start a second crowdfund for another 100 million tokens diluting the original investors investment by 50%. Why not just set a hard cap for the full amount you wish to raise, which from what I can see is $9.25 million

I like your project Wagerr team but I am now cautious investing on first day, I would rather lose the bonus than invest and not know if my coins are worth 50% less in a few weeks because an extra 100 millions tokens have been sold

However i will be watching closely and invest once i feel comfortable about numbers of token supply

Interesting viewpoint but not correct, the market cap would double and your coins would be worth exactly the same.

Thanks for your reply, i am a little clearer now. I wish Wagerr team all the best success in this exciting project and will be waiting for June 1st

The value of your tokens won't half but your equity might nearly half.

So if the market valued wagerr at $15 million after the ICO, $100 worth of shares would be worth $150 if there are 200 million shares issued vs. being worth $300 if there are only a 100 million issued. So be vewwy vewwy quiet about promoting Wagerr till June 15th Smiley

I get what you're saying but bonuses for Rounds 1-10 do continue so it's not quite that extreme. And I still contend that wider initial distribution equates to a higher market cap and greater chance of success in the end.
msilk

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 02:37:26 PM

do we able to send BTC directly from exchange?

This is a bad idea. Your purchase would likely fail to confirm in time and your coins in that round would be re-allocated to someone else.

It is better to convert to something with faster block times - ETH, Dash, LTC, USDT, basically any of the others accepted, and send from a regular wallet. If you must use an exchange, please don't use BTC.
msilk

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 02:41:35 PM

Ayyyy there we go. Reading it now Smiley

EDIT: thanks for getting the whitepaper up... What I dont see is the POS staking rate? Can you share a little bit about that?

1% of the total issuance per year as a fixed block reward. This translates to a decent APR individually since not all the network will stake 24/7.

Reason we didn't include this info is because it is not a critical number for us, but we will make sure to include it in the next update. Interestingly, it is also one of the parameters Oracles will likely vote on keeping or changing every year.

It will be interesting to see where the market finds equilibrium with this inflation rate combined with the destruction of 48% of betting fees.  Shocked

Great, thank you for the prompt response. Reading through the white paper has definitely pushed more of my interest towards the project. I guess it doesnt really matter how you developed the algorithms for the value coupling and deflationary systems but I am assuming I will be able to review them once the open source code gets pushed to github?

I look forward to participating in the ICO tomorrow. If ETH price keeps rising the ICO will sell out pretty damn fast I am assuming haha

You can see how it works on github in a few months. Smiley

We understand it is desirable for transparency, but need to protect the interests of the project right now...
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:43:38 PM

Countdown has started once the remaining time slipped under 24 hours. One of the awaited project which should see huge appreciation by investors. At crowdfunding offered price for per token is fantastic and must by bought some good number of tokens. Finally we are going to scoop up our cups with these tokens.
msilk

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

For the Investors that like their odds...brilliant.
Until WAGERR came along I thought VSL was the bomb...good luck here all, I love the odds here...
Bodhi

Thanks! I think I came up with that line... lol

See you tomorrow, 1PM GMT!
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

Ready for this new trip? Separating the satoshis to invest .. few hours to get started!
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:33:22 PM

Holy cow guys... this white paper is a beauty!!!! only 20 HOURS LEFT..... YES!
foggynelson

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

https://twitter.com/BettorThan/status/869633561799909376

Walter White is the one who knocks. Don't be mad bro. Buy the ICO. http://Wagerr.com  @wagerrx #wagerrmemes #sportsbetting $crypto $btc

Make your own Wagerr meme, tweet it, and post the tweet url here for a chance to win 100 WGR. You’ll know you’ve won if @wagerrx retweets your #wagerrmeme

Be sure to include #wagerrmeme, wagerr.com and tag @wagerrx
lr27

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:24:49 PM

I've just read through the white paper and the concept seems sound for an industry that is ripe for disruption.

My biggest remaining question is to do with marketing. As I see it, to use the network and bet you need to hold wagerr tokens. What will drive people to seek out and use wagerr over other services. Even if wagerr does provide a superior service they will need to coax users over; especially when the platform first opens.  Otherwise it will be a ghost town with no one to bet against. I'm worried it might end up like Google Plus; really good technical execution but not enough initial users and advertising.

So I guess my question boils down to how will the development team ensure that there's enough "punters" to ensure a viable product from the get go. Is the fact gamblers will always seek out the best returns/odds which wagerr can provide owing to the reduction in compliance and associated costs?  

Have you seen our marketing so far?  Wink

I've see all the nice looking logos but what established markets are you going after?  The only reference I saw in the white paper to marketing was two lines. Is there a better place for me to ask this question?
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:26:28 PM

Remember, if you pay with bitcoin, they give you one hour for one confirmation or your order is cancelled. So its best to use another one of the accepted currencies...
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:29:27 PM

Remember, if you pay with bitcoin, they give you one hour for one confirmation or your order is cancelled. So its best to use another one of the accepted currencies...

I'm debating between which altcoin to use also .  I was thinking ETH, but the price is near alltime highs so maybe a correction (or it keeps going higher Smiley ) .   Probably will end up using Litecoin since it's been flat for awhile, so no last minute dumps to consider.

pockets1989

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:31:52 PM

I read the whitepaper and very impressed seems like great well though out project Grin

Question will there  be  a wallet of some sort where users  who win  bets  can withdraw wagerr tokens?  Will we be able to exchange them easily for BTC on exchanges and shift back and forth?  That seem to be the key because common betters arent gonna go through the trouble of going wager to exchange to btc I think.
bigasic

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

Im  using Ether and then rebuying it asap. I just want my ether replaced. I think Ether has a good chance of surpassing btc in price in the near future.. buts for another discussion in another thread, lol..
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:05:27 PM

I logged into the Wagerr dashboard for the first time.  Very nice & professional layout!  I also like the 2FA which worked perfectly for me.

I compared the exchange rates, and they are spot on with the current prices.  I think the ICO will do very well.

lr27

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:12:24 PM

Where is the best place to ask the wagerr teams questions?

Also, can anyone point me to the background of the key personnel listed on the wagerr ICO site? They only provide email addresses, I'd like to check out their LinkedIn profiles. I can find the "CMO" but no one else.  If I was running the ICO I would be really selling prospective investors on the strength of the Leadship Team. When people use the term CEO I expect a certain level of experience and skillsets.

Having been burnt on some ICOs in the past I've noticed a common trend; ICOs where the senior leadership have a demonstrated background in startups or project delivery generally deliver what is promised in their white paper.

I love the idea though. This could be the Uber moment for the sports betting industry.
PenisCoin

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 10:23:32 PM

Three big things I think are missing from the roadmap/whitepaper and need clarifying:

1. A fiat gateway: how is this supposed to disrupt high-street betting and the online betting industry if people who don't have an easy, accessible way to move WGR to and from fiat money cannot participate.

2. A mobile app: for this to be popular, accessible and easy to use it needs mobile apps that are simple, slick and accessible.

3. The marketing plans: Just saying "you've seen our marketing so far" is not a plan. How will this be taken, on a very small marketing budget, to the masses and publicised widely.

I'd be most interested to know the answers to those questions before investing.
bigasic

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:36:32 PM

Remember, the whole wager program wont be fully implemented until late 2018, so this is a long term investment (kind of like Ether is). there are many things they have to work out. The biggest is getting the word out to potential bettors and the ease of buying wager coins. If those two items are met, this will be a success.

im sure big online betting sites will set up and use wager as their sport betting system, which will help a lot...
lr27

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:03:41 PM

Remember, the whole wager program wont be fully implemented until late 2018, so this is a long term investment (kind of like Ether is). there are many things they have to work out. The biggest is getting the word out to potential bettors and the ease of buying wager coins. If those two items are met, this will be a success.

im sure big online betting sites will set up and use wager as their sport betting system, which will help a lot...

Ether had a very strong dev team with a well defined road map. The ICO market is currently flooded and you really need to put forward a strong team and plan to stand out. The people who post here and make comment about how nice the ICO site looks aren't the ones who have the real money to invest nor do I think they appreciate the complexity of what you're trying to deliver.
bigasic

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:15:45 PM

Ether had a very strong dev team with a well defined road map. The ICO market is currently flooded and you really need to put forward a strong team and plan to stand out. The people who post here and make comment about how nice the ICO site looks aren't the ones who have the real money to invest nor do I think they appreciate the complexity of what you're trying to deliver.

Just to clarify, im considering buying into this ICO, I have nothing to with wager, except possibly investing. Yes, there are and will be many ICOs but we are in a different world. Many will work, many wont. I believe that this wager, I dont think its a bad thing that there are many icos, thats the future. You have to invest money to make money. Dont invest more than you can afford to lose and you should do ok. Most importantly, check out the ICO or company as much as possible. I think Wagerr is the first sports book ICO or betting ICO that could be a real game changer. If they meet all their milestones, then its going to be a winner. If they dont, well, lets hope for the best, lol..
Twipple

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:33:02 PM

Not necessarily long term if people can sell right after the ICO. Its long term to get a positive ROI, but the price is not always decided by the use of it, but mostly by supply demand. So this might shot up right after the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 241 »
  Print  

Jump to: