Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is better than Gold?  (Read 53395 times)
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:09:49 PM

Maybe if people do not know bitcoin, or just know it, I think gold better. But in my opinion, bitcoin is better than gold. Probably because of the increased money I can get very much in a short amount of time.
Yes I agree, the thing that makes bitcoin better than gold is the profit level, if we bought gold a year ago and we sale now we will get profit not more than 5%, but if a year ago we bought bitcoin and we sell know then we will get profit more than 400%.

Talking about profit, yes bitcoin is indeed much much better. A couple of years holding bitcoin is already a great deal. If we bought gold half a decade ago, the price increase won't matter that much today. But it surely did not dip either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:41:12 PM

Maybe if people do not know bitcoin, or just know it, I think gold better. But in my opinion, bitcoin is better than gold. Probably because of the increased money I can get very much in a short amount of time.
Yes I agree, the thing that makes bitcoin better than gold is the profit level, if we bought gold a year ago and we sale now we will get profit not more than 5%, but if a year ago we bought bitcoin and we sell know then we will get profit more than 400%.

Talking about profit, yes bitcoin is indeed much much better. A couple of years holding bitcoin is already a great deal. If we bought gold half a decade ago, the price increase won't matter that much today. But it surely did not dip either.

You're right. But gold will always be in the price and this price is quite stable. Bitcoin is unpredictable. It is impossible to predict how much it will cost after 10 years. We can only assume ...
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:52:25 PM

You're right. But gold will always be in the price and this price is quite stable. Bitcoin is unpredictable. It is impossible to predict how much it will cost after 10 years. We can only assume ...
You are right, by saying that bitcoin is unpredictable, I agree with you, but when we talk about potential on market, we see that bitcoin is more powerful than gold, Each year increase a lot more than gold or any other valuable piece.
10 years later, for sure that gold price will increase highly, but if bitcoin still exist in 10 years later we can see an amazing price that we can't even imagine it. Anyways, I trust in bitcoin and i believe in too much, so i will continue to collect and invest in it.

yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:57:31 PM

Yes i agree, bitcoin is better than gold because bitcoin is more trusted than gold. Bitcoin have a value, and bitcoin is more popular than gold to invest to the people and investors. Bitcoin have a future, bitcoin has many advantages and many benefits. Bitcoin is a most familiar and its popularity than gold. Bitcoin is good in investment and trading, it is possible that your money double and earn profit. Bitcoin is in demand and most people want invest in bitcoin not like in gold. Bitcoin become a world currency and its easy to use and easy to earn. Bitcoin is better than gold because of its profitable than gold.
Georgos

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:01:25 PM

For me definitely. It can be spent way more easily than gold - I am not even sure gold can actually be spent - and thus make it better. It is also rarer and has greater growth perspectives. For me it beats gold on any point except jewelry, of course.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:55:37 PM

In some sense bitcoin is better and in some sense gold is better. Because government has not accepted bitcoin yet, maybe government ban the crypto in their country. Gold is accepted and exchanged by every country.
But bitcoin has own face, decentralization and fast transaction and price of bitcoin makes bitcoin better than gold
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:05:30 AM

I think this does not need to be debated, gold could not be compared with bitcoin, it is just the comparing fruit and meat, both nice and depending on our interest.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:15:35 PM

You are right, by saying that bitcoin is unpredictable, I agree with you, but when we talk about potential on market, we see that bitcoin is more powerful than gold, Each year increase a lot more than gold or any other valuable piece.
10 years later, for sure that gold price will increase highly, but if bitcoin still exist in 10 years later we can see an amazing price that we can't even imagine it. Anyways, I trust in bitcoin and i believe in too much, so i will continue to collect and invest in it.

The BTC must be checked at all times. Would you allow BTC to buy and not control prices for the next 10 years? Gold within 10 years will certainly be priced close to the current. Is Bitcon so sure?

I'm a Bitcoin fanatic, but I'm still watching him ...
Cerebellum22

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:49:06 PM

People just love to compare things... The only relation between gold and bitcoin is them being valued in USD, But bitcoin, rather than a commodity that can only be sold to be used, is a currency usable for buying things online and offline. Although people do hold bitcoins aiming for price rise, I still see them as fundamentally different things.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:20:26 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 01:18:43 AM by MMA

I think this does not need to be debated, gold could not be compared with bitcoin, it is just the comparing fruit and meat, both nice and depending on our interest.
yes no doubt that both have their own importance but if we have to select only one then i will choose bitcoin. because i am sure about bitcoin that bitcoin can give me more profit than gold in a very short time. in facto gold is only good for saving, where one can save their money for a long time. because the price of gold is so tabale and we can feel a very little change in the price of gold even after a long time. as i want to earn money thereforre my first choice is bitcoin
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:21:56 PM

I'm not sure about this. Gold is rare and precious metal in the world, gold also can not to reproduce, everyone can not reproduce silver, gold, etc . Bitcoin have good price for today, and has limited value, but i guest everyone can create a new coin. So for stable investment and for long term investation i will increase my gold rather than my btc
Nicho

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:47:15 PM

bitcoin is  better than gold,bitcoin is decentralized,we can send and receive the bits.it is good investment also ,bitcoin works like bank also and good asset.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:01:36 PM

So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes
Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

Thank you !! Thank you so much. This deserves to be quoted again. Thank you for this I saved these imagined now instead of explaining huge walls of text I simply refer s person to those tables. They very true and humourous too hahaha I love how it says to wear goves when touching money since it's filthy. Haha and gold is very shiney Wink

Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:07:12 PM

Personally, I think BTC is better. After all, BTC can be paid quickly and globally, and at the same time, it's safe and convenient.

And i Personally, I think Gold is better because gold has never had such a drastic price reduction Wink
RhodaGila

Activity: 615

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:27:48 PM

Everything has advantages and disadvantages, gold is still sought after many people although the level of profit generated in investing at the moment is not as good as Bitcoin. Different thoughts and interpretations. But for me, Bitcoin is still the best for short-term investments that continue, lol...
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:37:29 PM

Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

Thank you !! Thank you so much. This deserves to be quoted again. Thank you for this I saved these imagined now instead of explaining huge walls of text I simply refer s person to those tables. They very true and humourous too hahaha I love how it says to wear goves when touching money since it's filthy. Haha and gold is very shiney Wink

Whoever populated those charts obviously has no clue what they are talking about and are so biased the information is worthless.

1) Portability - moderate.  Lets apply some reality to this, a $40k gold bar is the size of a smart phone.  How many people here at any point in their lives have walked around with so much cash that it would equate to more than a 1kg bar or two what would easy fit in your pockets.

2) Divisibility - moderate.  You can buy gold in grains which is 1/15 of a gram.

3) Security  - moderate.  I bet I can come up with more major bitcoin hacks than you can major gold heists in the last few years.  Also take a quick look at the scam accusation thread on this forum then find me an equivalet version on a precious metals forum.

4) Easily transactable - Low.  I have strolled in to a bullion dealer, handed over 50oz of gold and the money was in my bank straight away.  Scale that up, some days several hundred million dollars of gold are dumped within seconds on the market.  If that happened to bitcoin there would be a major crash.

5) Decentralized - low.  Gold can be purchased virtually anywhere in the world.  It is also mined in numerous countries.

6) Anonomous - low - You can buy and sell gold for cash without any paper work or I.D requirements

7) Durability - low - They are pulling gold artifacts out of the ground that are thousands of years old and look as good as the day they were made.  Its an element that doesnt rust or degrade.

8 ) Scare - Moderate.  All the gold ever mined would fit on 1 tennis court.

9) Sovereign (Goverment issued) - Low.  Ever hear of "Sovereigns"  Roll Eyes  Nearly every country in the world has government issued gold coins

Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:40:59 PM

I think we should not compare bitcoin and gold, because they have no in common, their nature is different, and they have their own value. Only idiots talk about this.
That’s extremely true. There’s no comparison of bitcoins with gold. Bitcoins are virtual diamonds. They are more valuable than gold. There are innumerable advantages of bitcoins over gold. Bitcoins have bright future, they are decentralized, global currency and safer than gold. Gold won’t disappear forever but obviously its usage will become less in near future.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

I think we should not compare bitcoin and gold, because they have no in common, their nature is different, and they have their own value. Only idiots talk about this.
That’s extremely true. There’s no comparison of bitcoins with gold. Bitcoins are virtual diamonds. They are more valuable than gold. There are innumerable advantages of bitcoins over gold. Bitcoins have bright future, they are decentralized, global currency and safer than gold. Gold won’t disappear forever but obviously its usage will become less in near future.

Can you explain why countries like Russia & China are hording gold yet every government, central bank or major financial institution couldnt give a shit about bitcoin.

Some are interested in blockchain technology but not bitcoin.

I still stick to my theory that we are all just beta testers for the tech, when the central bankers decide to move to a cashless society and blockchain technology then bitcoin and other crypto currencies will get outlawed and those that get caught using it will face harsh penalties.

There is money to be made in the short term but I wouldnt bet my retirement fund on it.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:05:31 AM

They are different, gold has been around for so long that it has such a huge advantage over bitcoin in terms of acceptance that it may be difficult that bitcoin ever gets to achieve that level of adoption, however bitcoin give us the chance to earn money quickly for the simple reason that many people are discovering this new technology and investing in it and with it the price will tend to go up.
elsya syafira

Activity: 356

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:59:33 AM

i'm not sure about it, for now maybe yes. but we don't know about something happen to it tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: