Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:56:32 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:00:21 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Total Coins / 525,600
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins?

A: DNotes stored on the DNotesVault are automatically swapped for you, you don’t need to take any action as the swap process has been done on your behalf.

For new coins you would like to swap, from an exchange, a local wallet, paper wallet, that were not already located on the DNotesVault:

If you do not already have a DNotesVault account, register here: https://dnotesvault.com/register
Login to your DNotesVault account.
Click “historic” at the top.
If you don't have any addresses yet, click create address.
Send your old DNotes to one of your historical addresses.
The DNotes you send will then be converted to the new DNotes 2.0 coins, and will show in your new DNotes wallet under “dashboard” after we have completed the swap process.
Note: Please allow some time for this process to complete.

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is starting the delisting process and they have advised they will connect us with their relisting team once the DNotes have been removed from the exchange, in order to prevent confusion.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes, these are among our high priority items to get done as soon as possible.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

Don't forget to support Cryptocurrency Education Week

Quote from Chase on April 9, 2018:

Cryptocurrency Education Week is global.

We want to include and help everyone learn about cryptocurrency.

There are contests going on right now on Twitter and Facebook that anyone can take part in. Aside from the prizes at the end of the week, we are also giving away DNotes (upgraded 2.0 / POS) to random people that have shared #CryptocurrencyEducationWeek.

There are still some keys left to find in this -

From DNotesEDU: To celebrate a successful launch we have hidden several private keys containing DNotes, somewhere on https://dnotesedu.com, https://facebook.com/dnotesedu and https://twitter.com/dnotesedu! First to find the keys, and move the DNotes to their personal address gets to keep them!

If you are unsure about how to import a private key, here are some very simple instructions: https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/dnotes#import_private_key

There will also be another contest announced shortly on social media.

Please voice your support HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3281937.new#new

And check out DNotesEDU HERE: https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/cryptocurrency-education-week/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

Hey! The project looks great. I read the project whitepaper and I liked the idea. I hope that this ICO will be successful. Wish you good luck for the project and Devs.

Thank you bensfromaplon! We don't have an ICO though, we are doing a Reg D 506(c) and Reg A+ Mini-IPO.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:23:23 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:00:02 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Total Coins / 525,600
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins?

A: DNotes stored on the DNotesVault are automatically swapped for you, you don’t need to take any action as the swap process has been done on your behalf.

For new coins you would like to swap, from an exchange, a local wallet, paper wallet, that were not already located on the DNotesVault:

If you do not already have a DNotesVault account, register here: https://dnotesvault.com/register
Login to your DNotesVault account.
Click “historic” at the top.
If you don't have any addresses yet, click create address.
Send your old DNotes to one of your historical addresses.
The DNotes you send will then be converted to the new DNotes 2.0 coins, and will show in your new DNotes wallet under “dashboard” after we have completed the swap process.
Note: Please allow some time for this process to complete.

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is starting the delisting process and they have advised they will connect us with their relisting team once the DNotes have been removed from the exchange, in order to prevent confusion.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes, these are among our high priority items to get done as soon as possible.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

Don't forget to support Cryptocurrency Education Week

Quote from Chase on April 9, 2018:

Cryptocurrency Education Week is global.

We want to include and help everyone learn about cryptocurrency.

There are contests going on right now on Twitter and Facebook that anyone can take part in. Aside from the prizes at the end of the week, we are also giving away DNotes (upgraded 2.0 / POS) to random people that have shared #CryptocurrencyEducationWeek.

There are still some keys left to find in this -

From DNotesEDU: To celebrate a successful launch we have hidden several private keys containing DNotes, somewhere on https://dnotesedu.com, https://facebook.com/dnotesedu and https://twitter.com/dnotesedu! First to find the keys, and move the DNotes to their personal address gets to keep them!

If you are unsure about how to import a private key, here are some very simple instructions: https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/dnotes#import_private_key

There will also be another contest announced shortly on social media.

Please voice your support HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3281937.new#new

And check out DNotesEDU HERE: https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/cryptocurrency-education-week/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:24:06 PM

Thanks for posting this, Chase. Actually watching the DNotes leadership go through this process has been very educational for me. I am glad to know more about this now, and it will definitely inform my investment decisions in the cryptocurrency space.

If you are looking for a trustworthy cryptocurrency project to invest in, find one that discloses all in a Regulation A+ mini-IPO!  Wink

The reasons ICOs won't use Regulation A+ mini-IPO:

#1 - $50 million is the limit on how much they can raise

#2 - Company must be based in the U.S. or Canada (oddly enough both countries have investor protection laws😉)

#3 - The company needs to file an offering statement with the SEC that includes the following information -  "material risks; plan of distribution; use of proceeds; description of the business operations; discussion of financial condition and results of operations (MD&A); disclosure about directors, executives and key employees; executive compensation; beneficial security ownership information; related party transactions; and two years of financial information. For a Tier 2 offering, that financial information must be prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and audited by a PCAOB licensed auditor."

#4 - "The registration statement will also have numerous exhibits, such corporate records and material contracts and agreements."

#5 - "Particulars of the offering, such as what is being sold and at what price, need to be included. Key to this information is a reasonable valuation and rational use of proceeds. A company should demonstrate value through its financial statements and disclosures and establish that the intended use of proceeds will result in moving the business plan ahead and hopefully create increased value for the shareholders. Investors want to know that their money is being put to the highest and best use to result in return on investment. Repayment of debt or cashing out of series A investors is generally not a saleable use of proceeds. Looking for  $50 million for 30% of a pre-revenue start-up just isn’t going to do it! The company has to be prepared to show you, the investor, that it has a plan, management, vision and ability to carry out the business proposition it is selling.

#6 - And this should stop most of them from ever even thinking about applying:

No bad actors allowed - "The bad actor rules are there to protect investors and disqualify the company from using Regulation A+ if the company itself, its predecessor or an affiliate such as an officer, director, 20%-or-greater shareholder, promoter, broker or others directly involved in selling the offering have been subject to certain administrative orders, industry bars, injunctions involving certain securities law violations or certain specified criminal convictions all within the last 5 years or 10 years depending on the disqualifying event."

A brief summary of -  http://www.legalandcompliance.com/securities-law/regulation-a-ipo-or-mini-ipo/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 09:24:17 PM

Please be sure to have your DNotes off of the exchanges before April 16th.

It is imperative that if you wish to participate in the swap for DNotes 2.0, now or in the future, that you remove your coins from the exchanges prior to April 16th. Leaving your coins on the exchange means that the exchange controls your coins, and not you. We will of course make every effort to help you swap your coins but we cannot make any guarantees that we can recover coins that are not in your control.

I just checked out Cryptopia. The following message was display:

Market Closing

NOTE/BTC market is closing, please cancel any open orders and withdraw your coins.

Please withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia and any other exchange immediately if you have not done so. It must be done before April 16, 2018. Always remember, he who controls the wallet controls the coin. We can not help to swap your coin if you do not control the wallet.

umar25494

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:24:49 PM

Hi there,what will be the initial supply of NOTE2,will the unswaped token be burnt,like if out of 150 million,50 millions dnotes aren't swaped,will that make the initial supply of NOTE2 100 million?

Hi umar25494,

We will be holding for those who show up late to the swap and anticipate there could be some of that where people just didn't get the message.

Otherwise, it will be used in part for the DNotesVault Guarantee fund. I believe Alan said 75% of any left over will be used for the guarantee fund, later this year.

It must be getting pretty close though now. I will get an exact figure over the next few days.

That's great,I believe you should burn a small amount of the leftovers at a highly publicised token burning event.I'm pretty sure it will generate a lot of interest.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:57:28 PM

If you are looking for a trustworthy cryptocurrency project to invest in, find one that discloses all in a Regulation A+ mini-IPO!  Wink

The reasons ICOs won't use Regulation A+ mini-IPO:

#1 - $50 million is the limit on how much they can raise

#2 - Company must be based in the U.S. or Canada (oddly enough both countries have investor protection laws😉)

#3 - The company needs to file an offering statement with the SEC that includes the following information -  "material risks; plan of distribution; use of proceeds; description of the business operations; discussion of financial condition and results of operations (MD&A); disclosure about directors, executives and key employees; executive compensation; beneficial security ownership information; related party transactions; and two years of financial information. For a Tier 2 offering, that financial information must be prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and audited by a PCAOB licensed auditor."

#4 - "The registration statement will also have numerous exhibits, such corporate records and material contracts and agreements."

#5 - "Particulars of the offering, such as what is being sold and at what price, need to be included. Key to this information is a reasonable valuation and rational use of proceeds. A company should demonstrate value through its financial statements and disclosures and establish that the intended use of proceeds will result in moving the business plan ahead and hopefully create increased value for the shareholders. Investors want to know that their money is being put to the highest and best use to result in return on investment. Repayment of debt or cashing out of series A investors is generally not a saleable use of proceeds. Looking for  $50 million for 30% of a pre-revenue start-up just isn’t going to do it! The company has to be prepared to show you, the investor, that it has a plan, management, vision and ability to carry out the business proposition it is selling.

#6 - And this should stop most of them from ever even thinking about applying:

No bad actors allowed - "The bad actor rules are there to protect investors and disqualify the company from using Regulation A+ if the company itself, its predecessor or an affiliate such as an officer, director, 20%-or-greater shareholder, promoter, broker or others directly involved in selling the offering have been subject to certain administrative orders, industry bars, injunctions involving certain securities law violations or certain specified criminal convictions all within the last 5 years or 10 years depending on the disqualifying event."

A brief summary of -  http://www.legalandcompliance.com/securities-law/regulation-a-ipo-or-mini-ipo/

Chase, thanks for sharing. I hope that, after reading this, more people can truly appreciate the route DNotes has chosen. We have chosen absolutely the most difficult route to the mountain top (mass adoption) but that is the only path. Our core team is all in to make the impossible possible. If it is easier than our business model can be replicated.

"Looking for  $50 million for 30% of a pre-revenue start-up just isn’t going to do it! The company has to be prepared to show you, the investor, that it has a plan, management, vision and ability to carry out the business proposition it is selling." This statement is spot on. We are the rare breed.
doctorlw1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:09:08 PM

I only have 2 connections to the network.

Is there a list of nodes we can add to the conf file?

Apologies if this is already posted somewhere, I couldn't find it. Would suggest putting it in the 1st post in thread.
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

Cryptocurrency Education Week is on!
https://steemit.com/dnotes/@wiser/cryptocurrency-education-week-is-on

Do you ever feel lost in this "Wild West" land of cryptocurrencies? What if there was a single place you could go to for objective and accurate information on everything from getting your first cryptocoin wallet to protecting yourself from the most common types of scams?

There is such a place. It's DNotesEDU. You can find all kinds of helpful resources there not just on Cryptocurrency, but also on basic financial literacy. After all, you need to have a working knowledge of both.

This week, there is an extra incentive to check out DNotesEDU. They are hiding DNotes private keys on the site as well as a few social media channels. The first one to import the private key and send the funds to a private address gets to keep them.

Continue Reading...

Thank you wiser for the article and generous donation. We appreciate your contribution and everyone else who has helped make cryptocurrency education week a success! It has been our pleasure educating beginners on cryptocurrency, and even getting some involved for free! However, we do understand the concerns some DNotes investors may have about downward price pressure, and want them to know that their interests are our priority. Just like DNotes, we have given everyone with internet access, a more than fair opportunity to get involved with zero entry barriers. When the last private keys from cryptocurrency education week are found, and the grand prize draw has been awarded, we will not be giving away DNotes in any way, shape or form for the foreseeable future.
The Chezzz

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:34:12 PM

HAHAHAHA I feel dumb asking this question but is it a picture of a key that we will find and then click on? Sorry for such a question I have been searching and am now losing my mind having fun at this game. Thank you for doing it!! It makes learning fun as well as getting to know our way around the sites. Oh and how many are left?
DNotesEDU

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:12:01 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 12:30:25 AM by DNotesEDU

HAHAHAHA I feel dumb asking this question but is it a picture of a key that we will find and then click on? Sorry for such a question I have been searching and am now losing my mind having fun at this game. Thank you for doing it!! It makes learning fun as well as getting to know our way around the sites. Oh and how many are left?

That's not a dumb question at all, this is what a DNotes private key looks like "VK44td3ZRB1KxWEtZdwu7A1fW2S3soc2mp8YGDKujayMVGX6Nuoe". Some of them are hidden pretty well, but others are in plain sight! The website formatting removes all text attached to pictures, so the keys will not hidden as text in an image file, even though one was used in the pictures on this article https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/step-by-step-intructions-on-importing-cryptocurrency-to-a-wallet-using-private-keys-with-pictures/.

As of right now there are 9 private keys hidden on https://dnotesedu.com thanks to wiser's donation. We will be adding another 10 shortly, some hidden from sight, so they might remain there for months (but I have my doubts, there are some pretty clever people here)!
The Chezzz

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:45:50 AM

So this one was actually in the step 4 picture at the bottom? VK44td3ZRB1KxWEtZdwu7A1fW2S3soc2mp8YGDKujayMVGX6Nuoe
or was it in the actual key picture hidden? This is a great game and all my friends that already have DNotes are all into it.
Thanks Everyone!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:53:06 AM

I only have 2 connections to the network.

Is there a list of nodes we can add to the conf file?

Apologies if this is already posted somewhere, I couldn't find it. Would suggest putting it in the 1st post in thread.

Hi doctorlw1, the main nodes are coded and should pickup anyone pretty much anywhere. How long have you been running?

Also, I'll PM you a list.

DNotesEDU

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:59:07 AM

So this one was actually in the step 4 picture at the bottom? VK44td3ZRB1KxWEtZdwu7A1fW2S3soc2mp8YGDKujayMVGX6Nuoe
or was it in the actual key picture hidden? This is a great game and all my friends that already have DNotes are all into it.
Thanks Everyone!

This was the key hidden in that particular picture: VGKQnv67aTBuwgdgTyf5fvoPEoMY1rE9xK4XhMmgZB63HenD6ePU
Someone has already moved the money to their own private keys!

It should be noted, unless you move the DNotes to a wallet that you own sole possession of, someone can claim the DNotes as their own. So if multiple people import the same private key at the same time, it will register on all of their wallets that they have the DNotes in their balance. But as soon as one person moves the DNotes to a new address that they are the sole owner of, the other users will no longer have those DNotes in their balance.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:02:05 AM

JPMorgan Chase Sued Over Unexpected Crypto-Related Fees

https://dcebrief.com/jpmorgan-chase-sued-over-unexpected-crypto-related-fees/
The Chezzz

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:03:01 AM

I just found one and put it in my wallet. Now Im trying to get a STEEM acct so I can message wiser.
DNotesEDU

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:05:57 AM

I just found one and put it in my wallet. Now Im trying to get a STEEM acct so I can message wiser.

Congratulations! Make sure you transfer the DNotes to a newly created address! If you just import the private key without transferring the funds to a new address, anyone who has access to that private key can move the money.
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:06:18 AM

Is the volume in the coinmarketcap and down of this coin, or is it listed in another exchange that is not in the coinmarketcap? Is volume this due to bitcoin falling?

OI
DNotesEDU

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:11:11 AM

Is the volume in the coinmarketcap and down of this coin, or is it listed in another exchange that is not in the coinmarketcap? Is volume this due to bitcoin falling?

DNotes underwent a 1:1 coin swap for DNotes 2.0, transitioning from POW to POS. All exchanges have been asked to delist 1.0, but customer service at a few exchanges have been unresponsive (according to the last update on this thread).

https://dcebrief.com/dnotes-notice-users-advised-to-remove-dnotes-from-exchanges-for-dnotes-2-0-swap/
The Chezzz

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:12:31 AM

Congratulations! Make sure you transfer the DNotes to a newly created address! If you just import the private key without transferring the funds to a new address, anyone who has access to that private key can move the money.

I sent it to my vault address.
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: