Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:04:48 AM

All, just a quick update on Geneca. Things are progressing nicely, even faster than expected. Their team is amazing, quickly grasping why we are going this specific direction and and thinking about how we can progress forward with the same vision for DNotes. The development team is very knowledgeable and able to quickly communicate methodically to help us solve problems on the fly. Very impressed.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:15:16 AM

At Davos, World Leaders Call for Crypto Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/at-davos-world-leaders-call-for-crypto-regulation/

I really question the whole "World Leaders" part of that statement. They may be seen as "leaders" but I see most of these people as "chair warmers". Regulation is only good if you truly understand what you are regulating. I don't see that from these people at all, I see fear and that is dangerous. We as a group, as crypto users and leaders, need to constantly push our message on why crypto is not a threat to these people if they embrace it. On the other hand, if they fight it, it will only go underground and become a weapon, and an unstoppable one at that.

It may be hard to believe that very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept of DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) operating in a peer-to-peer setup with no single point of failure. It cannot be controlled or destroyed - hence unstoppable.

The fascinating thing about this situation is that if they try and make it hardy to access and use, they will bias usage towards those who have no other alternative, which brings in a larger proportion of criminal usage. Then as a result, a large proportion of tools and services supporting its use will also be targeting the most profitable customer base, criminals. So attempting to fight cryptocurrency adoption increases the problem they are trying to avoid.

Accepting that a minority of people will use cryptocurrency for criminal activity, in exactly the same way that cash is used, would enable them to focus on how to encourage adoption with systems that favour those who are open about their transactions, such as those that accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for legitimate goods and services.

And there are already strong drivers for the market to develop identity management systems based on blockchain technology. As this becomes available, people are likely to want to bind their identity to blockchain transactions for a variety of benefits. If you can prove it was you who paid for an item that becomes faulty, there's your receipt. If you must have purchased a product before you review it, there's your authentication. If your coffee shop introduces a loyalty card and includes previous purchases by cryptocurrency, there's your reward card with digital holes already punched in it. And if the majority of transactions using cryptocurrency voluntarily link their identities, the remaining transactions are easier to identify, and harder to conceal when they are then used in conjunction with patterns that already have identities.

So fostering an environment where cryptocurrency usage for legal products and services is favoured, results in less services focused on meeting criminal requirements, easier detection of suspicious transactions, and a greater ability to connect illegal activities with identifiable transactions. Once this is made clear to our powerful leaders, and they continue on their anti-cryptocurrency path, it will become clear that reducing criminal activity is their justification, not their aim.

I don't think too many people would argue against everyone on earth being entitled to monetary autonomy; from those choosing to use cash, crypto, and all the way to digital fiat money. So long as one monetary system's rules or structural design isn't oppressive to those who choose to use an alternative system, there won't be any catastrophic friction to these centralized and decentralized systems becoming a bit more intertwined. That being said, if a nation wishes to completely retain its monetary sovereignty, regain their monetary sovereignty through a domestic cryptocurrency, or only deem certain cryptocurrencies legal tender, they are free to do so.

If the will of the people living in a country is for their government to pass rules that their citizens should abide by when dealing in cryptocurrency, their wishes should be respected and outside wills not be imposed on them. I know countries all over the world will either find a way to use cryptocurrencies which suits their needs and is beneficial, or they will fall behind very quickly, as the distinct advantages cryptocurrency offers are exploited by more and more organizations. Even if those organizations may be deemed black market as RJF alluded to.

In regard to the need for drafting laws relating only to cyrptocurrency, there are already laws on the books to prosecute 99.9% of crimes that occur involving cryptocurrency/ICOs. Instead of passing any non-essential laws, maybe it's time to develop better tools that enhance a law enforcement officers capability to enforce existing laws. If a cryptocurrency business or similarly styled entity operates within any given legal jurisdiction, it is their responsibility to abide by domestic laws, even if they operate strictly in global currencies. But for those who want to play by their own rules, might I remind you that 64% of earths ocean area is international waters...
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:20:29 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 03:34:37 AM by Brandon Cheliak

All, just a quick update on Geneca. Things are progressing nicely, even faster than expected. Their team is amazing, quickly grasping why we are going this specific direction and and thinking about how we can progress forward with the same vision for DNotes. The development team is very knowledgeable and able to quickly communicate methodically to help us solve problems on the fly. Very impressed.

Glad to hear you are so confident in the decision to go with Geneca, I know the screening process to find the right firm was extensive to say the least. Keep up the good work everyone, looking forward to seeing the final product!
webjedi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:41:41 AM

Is this currency being used as a utility token anywhere?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:17:20 AM

Glad to hear you are so confident in the decision to go with Geneca, I know the screening process to find the right firm was extensive to say the least. Keep up the good work everyone, looking forward to seeing the final product!

We are delighted with the progress. There is a lot of mutual respect for both teams committed to contribute their highest professional standards. Those are the hallmarks of successful teams that out-perform others every time. 
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:28:55 AM

At Davos, World Leaders Call for Crypto Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/at-davos-world-leaders-call-for-crypto-regulation/

I really question the whole "World Leaders" part of that statement. They may be seen as "leaders" but I see most of these people as "chair warmers". Regulation is only good if you truly understand what you are regulating. I don't see that from these people at all, I see fear and that is dangerous. We as a group, as crypto users and leaders, need to constantly push our message on why crypto is not a threat to these people if they embrace it. On the other hand, if they fight it, it will only go underground and become a weapon, and an unstoppable one at that.

It may be hard to believe that very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept of DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) operating in a peer-to-peer setup with no single point of failure. It cannot be controlled or destroyed - hence unstoppable.

The fascinating thing about this situation is that if they try and make it hardy to access and use, they will bias usage towards those who have no other alternative, which brings in a larger proportion of criminal usage. Then as a result, a large proportion of tools and services supporting its use will also be targeting the most profitable customer base, criminals. So attempting to fight cryptocurrency adoption increases the problem they are trying to avoid.

Accepting that a minority of people will use cryptocurrency for criminal activity, in exactly the same way that cash is used, would enable them to focus on how to encourage adoption with systems that favour those who are open about their transactions, such as those that accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for legitimate goods and services.

And there are already strong drivers for the market to develop identity management systems based on blockchain technology. As this becomes available, people are likely to want to bind their identity to blockchain transactions for a variety of benefits. If you can prove it was you who paid for an item that becomes faulty, there's your receipt. If you must have purchased a product before you review it, there's your authentication. If your coffee shop introduces a loyalty card and includes previous purchases by cryptocurrency, there's your reward card with digital holes already punched in it. And if the majority of transactions using cryptocurrency voluntarily link their identities, the remaining transactions are easier to identify, and harder to conceal when they are then used in conjunction with patterns that already have identities.

So fostering an environment where cryptocurrency usage for legal products and services is favoured, results in less services focused on meeting criminal requirements, easier detection of suspicious transactions, and a greater ability to connect illegal activities with identifiable transactions. Once this is made clear to our powerful leaders, and they continue on their anti-cryptocurrency path, it will become clear that reducing criminal activity is their justification, not their aim.

I don't think too many people would argue against everyone on earth being entitled to monetary autonomy; from those choosing to use cash, crypto, and all the way to digital fiat money. So long as one monetary system's rules or structural design isn't oppressive to those who choose to use an alternative system, there won't be any catastrophic friction to these centralized and decentralized systems becoming a bit more intertwined. That being said, if a nation wishes to completely retain its monetary sovereignty, regain their monetary sovereignty through a domestic cryptocurrency, or only deem certain cryptocurrencies legal tender, they are free to do so.

If the will of the people living in a country is for their government to pass rules that their citizens should abide by when dealing in cryptocurrency, their wishes should be respected and outside wills not be imposed on them. I know countries all over the world will either find a way to use cryptocurrencies which suits their needs and is beneficial, or they will fall behind very quickly, as the distinct advantages cryptocurrency offers are exploited by more and more organizations. Even if those organizations may be deemed black market as RJF alluded to.

In regard to the need for drafting laws relating only to cyrptocurrency, there are already laws on the books to prosecute 99.9% of crimes that occur involving cryptocurrency/ICOs. Instead of passing any non-essential laws, maybe it's time to develop better tools that enhance a law enforcement officers capability to enforce existing laws. If a cryptocurrency business or similarly styled entity operates within any given legal jurisdiction, it is their responsibility to abide by domestic laws, even if they operate strictly in global currencies. But for those who want to play by their own rules, might I remind you that 64% of earths ocean area is international waters...

It will take a little time for things to settle down. Our continued education efforts will help. DNotesEDU will play an important role in that regards and we certainly appreciate your contributions. Hope this will lead to a healthy balance of consumer protection and personal freedom.  
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:40:34 AM

Chapter 15 - The DNotes Story – An Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale

I am happy to announce that phase one of the book project is now 100% completed. This is a significant milestone. It took me over a year to write the book and almost another year to produce the 70 video series with full transcripts and bullet points. I couldn't have done it without the encouragement, editing assistance, feedback, and other support from so many of you. Thank you all very much.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:43:03 AM

Riksbank Deputy: Cryptocurrencies “Not a Very Good Version of Money”

https://dcebrief.com/riksbank-deputy-cryptocurrencies-not-a-very-good-version-of-money/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:32:05 PM

https://dcebrief.com/riksbank-deputy-cryptocurrencies-not-a-very-good-version-of-money/

Thanks for the great reporting, Ken. I would have missed this one if not for DCEBrief. It has been a week of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trashing based on "alternative facts" or plain knowledge deficit. It can get a little annoying.

On the other hand, I believe that it is healthy to objectively point out deficiencies and room for improvement, so typical of emerging technologies at their early stages of development.

Though we may wish that things are better, I respect Riskbank Deputy's opinion that we still have many challenges to over come. At DNotes, we recognize those remaining challenges, and working hard to address them.

Read more:

Skingsley offered that assessment during a panel discussion on Thursday, and suggested that digital currencies don’t currently “meet the criteria” required for them to be considered as money:

"They can be called an asset, fine, but they are not a very good version of money because it's not a very stable store of value where they fluctuate a lot. And it's not a very efficient medium of exchange because you don't buy your groceries with bitcoin."

She did, however, acknowledge that demand for alternatives to cash has been growing in her country, and said that the central bank was open to people choosing their preferred payment options – “as long as they are safe and efficient.”

Skingsley also confirmed that the Riksbank is still trying to determine whether it will rely on blockchain technology if it moves forward with its own ekrona digital currency.

R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:58:28 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 04:12:58 PM by R-J-F

I would tend to agree on this but, only at the current time, and only with certain cryptos. A digital replacement for fiat CAN be stable if thats what we really want. I think too much emphasis is placed on the "Holy Grail" of stability. In fiat, be it paper, coin or electronic, yes, stability is needed and desired for a 100 dollar bill to represent a steady and constant value so it's buying power remains more or less constant as it is a physical thing that cannot be physically altered to represent different values, the proof is in what you can exchange it for . But, due to inflation and all the other forces that push and pull on the money supply, stability is not really attainable, if you rob Peter you have to pay Paul, it's a wash somewhere. In digital there could be an instant price to payment ratio that could be adjusted on the fly.

I would argue that a digital representation of value does not need to remain so stable since the conversion rates and actual value can change without the whole issue of a physical "dollar" always saying "I represent one dollar" In a truly electronic world with a digital money supply, value can be allowed to change and those assigning the value need to be much more attentive to inflation/deflation or, the code can handle it without human intervention depending on volume and circulation among other factors. That's a whole conversation right there: Do we let crypto maintain its on value via supply and demand or, do we control it if it is being used in the global market in everyday transactions?

Imagine this: You go to the super market and your looking to get some steaks for dinner. Some are priced at 3 DNotes a pound and some are priced at 5 DNotes a pound. There both look exactly the same and are both the same cuts. Without any input from you, your wallet brings up a quick overview of each. You see that the 5 NOTE steak has been grass fed, free ranged and contains 1/3 less hidden fat and no preservatives in the packaging and comes from a local farm. The other, not so much! Not hard to spend the other 2 NOTE but hold on, your wallet tells you the value of NOTE is trending upward and predicts that if you wait for ten to fifteen minutes you will save 20 percent on your purchase. You go about your other shopping and come back later, pick up your steak, scan it with your wallet and head home.

I believe bankers like the woman in the article and others in the Banking & Financial industries are so set in their "physical" ways they can't really see what is possible with "virtual" or crypto even though it's right there in front of them every day. They refuse to open their minds for various reasons crypto far outpaces physical including pride, ignorance, self interest and the belief that there could never be a way to transact and store value that is better than what they have known all their lives.  Some speak without ever taking the time to learn about their "adversary" as they would call crypto, some speak with authority but without knowledge and some just speak because they have been told to do so. But, I am convinced that most of these detractors have been told to speak against Bitcoin and don't have much choice if they want to continue in their industry.

As sad this is this, when their industry finally realizes what crypto can really do for finance, those same people that bashed it on behalf of their handlers will be out of a job.

It's a shame really, some of crypto's most vocal detractors are brillant people who just cant bring themselves to the realization that what they have been supporting all their lives may possibly be coming to an end and, actually SHOULD come to an end. The world is place of constant change. Everything here, even the very bedrock itself, is constantly changing and being reborn. Money is not immune to this natural process and neither are we.

PS: There are also those who have honed their skills of theft and deception that don't want to relearn in a different medium, learn to spot them and ignore them, their in the news quite a bit!  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:09:23 PM

http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-global-inc-unveils-new-video-series-for-business-owners-and-entrepreneurs/

cf_mm

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:29:24 PM

Dear Dev Team,

Can you VERY simply, explain the next 3 things on your "to do" list for the coin project?

Many Thanks
Mike

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:26:29 PM

Dear Dev Team,

Can you VERY simply, explain the next 3 things on your "to do" list for the coin project?

Many Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, we are working on the DNotes 2.0 release and it's features. Simply stated that initial release will ideally include the switch to POS, CRISP, Invoicing, and Deferred Staking. This release will be our new base platform to build from and upgrade over time. We have to be careful about how we disseminate information, announcements of progress and / or releases must be planned, released fairly, and accurate if DNotes Global Inc is to be a publicly traded company one day.

ironmanTR

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

Is there any discord or slack channel for DNotes ?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:16:14 PM

Is there any discord or slack channel for DNotes ?

Hi ironmanTR, we do not have a slack or discord channel at this time. However, if you have any questions or need more information, please feel free to communicate with us here on the forum.

lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:19:22 PM

Dear Dev Team,

Many Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, we are working on the DNotes 2.0 release and it's features. Simply stated that initial release will ideally include the switch to POS, CRISP, Invoicing, and Deferred Staking. This release will be our new base platform to build from and upgrade over time. We have to be careful about how we disseminate information, announcements of progress and / or releases must be planned, released fairly, and accurate if DNotes Global Inc is to be a publicly traded company one day.

can you say something about invoicing ? it will be something like populous ?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:44:35 PM

Dear Dev Team,

Many Thanks
Mike

can you say something about invoicing ? it will be something like populous ?

It is not like populous. It is a system designed to help merchants / service providers and customers utilize the blockchain for transacting and keeping track in a fully automated and decentralized environment while minimizing the technology burden for the users. The upcoming release will be 1 segment of the overall system.

Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:27:34 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 12:11:20 AM by Brandon Cheliak

Great work Alan. You've accomplished more with The Four Pillars of Business Success than a good majority of the hundreds of cryptocurrencies/ICO tokens with 100+ million dollar market caps have done. The information contained in this video series, book, and website is extremely useful to entrepreneurs and will go on to serve them for decades to come. If the work you have done here doesn't demonstrate your commitment to the success of DNotes, then I don't know what does. It's hard to find that kind of leadership in this industry, largely in part because it's so easy for the leaders/founders to take the money and run, or be half ass committed to multiple 'smoke and mirror' schemes they have in the works.
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:49:12 AM

Analyst: Google Search Trends Offer Clues About Bitcoin Price Moves

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-google-search-trends-offer-clues-about-bitcoin-price-moves/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

Great work Alan. You've accomplished more with The Four Pillars of Business Success than a good majority of the hundreds of cryptocurrencies/ICO tokens with 100+ million dollar market caps have done. The information contained in this video series, book, and website is extremely useful to entrepreneurs and will go on to serve them for decades to come. If the work you have done here doesn't demonstrate your commitment to the success of DNotes, then I don't know what does. It's hard to find that kind of leadership in this industry, largely in part because it's so easy for the leaders/founders to take the money and run, or be half ass committed to multiple 'smoke and mirror' schemes they have in the works.

Thank you, Brandon. I consider it a privilege to have gained such rich experience in this rough-tough world of business and now able to share with others so that they too can benefit from greater business success. This is something I am very passionate about and trust that it will also contribute to the overall success of DNotes as well. It is less of a hard work when one loves what he does. Not an easy thing to keep up but I am loving it.

Don't forget, we have some exciting dates coming up:

February 18, 2018 - DNotes 4th Birthday.

March 18, 2018 - DNotes 2.0 Target Launch date

As Joe reported earlier, we are extremely pleased with the progress our team has been making in partnership with Geneca. We are even more confident today, than we have ever been, that DNotes will be a technology leader in our industry. We are looking forward to a very exciting year.

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: