Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:00:51 AM

Although I understand the Mercatox wallet being down for an extended period is frustrating, I don't believe there is a reason to assume the worst. I counted about 30 wallets currently in maintenance, which at least gives me some clue that they are working on something. I reached back out to them to explain in this industry even something like the wallet being down for maintenance for an extended period will lead everyone to assume the worst, and asked for more information about the maintenance hold.

Thanks for reaching out to them and asking for an explanation. In my opinion, when there is extended maintenance that leads to a service or feature you use being disabled, there should be a good explanation with updates on progress. I'm sure that will be taken for granted in the DNotes ecosystem--customer service is a top priority.

Just to be clear, I am not assuming the worst, or at least not acting on it. I have my DNotes waiting on Mercatox until I can withdraw them.

It is true that people often do assume the worst under those circumstances, and unfortunately a lot of the reason is because in previous situations, technical difficulties (especially connected with the ability to withdraw funds) often preceded outright insolvency and some kind of announcement that actually, there are no funds. That happened with Cryptsy and a number of other exchanges, so people understandably get jumpy and nervous.

My gut feeling is that Mercatox is indeed working on something involving wallet updates, but probably something bigger that impacts the wallets but isn't that all the wallets themselves have issues. If I had to guess I'd say it's some kind of issue related to scaling that has cropped up and maybe taken them by surprise and forced them to deal with it right now. One argument against that is that they have added several new coins. I also believe they simply don't place a premium on good communication, but that they don't mean any harm.

Meanwhile, having the wallet down for 6 days is frustrating and stressful. I don't like being forced to store funds on an exchange, especially one that is new to me.

The first one to notice the wallet back up, please post about it and spread the word!

Sounds like a good guess to me wiser. The new additions are likely tokens (ERC20 etc...) that can be added fairly simply by comparison, with no new blockchain or overhead to speak of and minimal software changes.

Let's give the Mercatox team more time to fix bugs (if they actually existed).
No reason to fall into panic and contribute making chaotic situation in DNotes community.
Let's it be what it be, and give it time to show off!

I agree iphmp159, let's give them some time. Let's also make sure they understand why we need better communication, otherwise we are left to assume.

They have my full support and maintenance issue aside, I think they are doing a great job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MECHETO

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:16:11 AM

I think  dnotes is a most undervalued token in the holl crypto world now. It must be atleast 8000-10000 sat .....and im prety sure it will be very very soon!

PS>Sorry for my bat English but im from Bulgaria, i do my best to make dnotes faumos here Smiley
Best of luck to all note-comunite.
Cherrs
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:24:32 PM

I think  dnotes is a most undervalued token in the holl crypto world now. It must be atleast 8000-10000 sat .....and im prety sure it will be very very soon!

PS>Sorry for my bat English but im from Bulgaria, i do my best to make dnotes faumos here Smiley
Cherrs

Your confidence in DNotes is very inspiring!

I'm pretty sure that DNotes will begin a trend of price decline at the beginning of each month due to CRISP payment selloff, and will increase in price in the second half of each month because of people buying before the next months CRISP period. In terms of what price it will reach, your guess is as good as mine, but it will reach its fair value eventually.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

I think  dnotes is a most undervalued token in the holl crypto world now. It must be atleast 8000-10000 sat .....and im prety sure it will be very very soon!

Cherrs

I really like your confidence and agree with your appraisal MECHETO!

I generally don't like discussing price, because it can change wildly in the short to medium term. But as Benjamin Graham says "In the short-run the market is a voting machines, but in the long-term it is a weighing machine".

The short term then is a vote of who thinks each project is going to explode and take over. As it stands, DNotes is not the most widely known cryptocurrency -- we are currently a diamond in the rough of much-better funded competitors who have had marketing budgets well into the millions, and who have paid similar amounts of money to list on exchanges that have much greater liquidity traded. When coins are traded on higher liquidity exchanges, it also works to advertise them and encourages many new users to check the coin out. Now that DNotes has officially begun its first financing round under Reg D provisions in the USA, we will soon be much more able to bring the attention to DNotes that it truly deserves. 

In terms of the long-term however, DNotes has already produced enough to warrant it belonging in the top 50-100 coins by market capitalization. Keep in mind that most projects are but ICOs that build a stock-standard business on the Ethereum platform (Ethereum did all the heavy lifting), and most of the things we have produced have a much greater effect on crypto adoption than nearly any ICO every will. It should also be mentioned that because DNotes is so much more than just a cryptocurrency, but an integrated business ecosystem -- we will be creating ourselves all the things that startups have created their own ICO token to fund, like exchanges, software, and trading marketplaces etc. We have gone one step further though, and produced things that are actually useful. Take for example the automated payment scripts that we released a couple days ago to showcase the experimental DNotes pay. Now merchants can automatically detect payment and distribute their digital products, without requiring any middlemen, and paying nearly nothing for the privilege of doing so.

The true value of DNotes once you take into account what we have produced compared to the market, and the utility our business properties are adding to the system, is likely double your estimate. So in the short-term the market does what it does, but in the long-term there is only one direction DNotes is heading.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

DNotes Global Inc Launches Reg. D 506 (C) Funding To Raise $5 Million From Accredited Investors In A Series Of Three Funding Rounds

Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:10:07 PM

Thanks for informative video, from which I known more about how to use DNotes Automatic Payments.
Demands on BTC has risen considerably recent days. It is one of early signal for future growth.
Analyst Tells CNBC Change Needed for Bitcoin Bulls to Return

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-tells-cnbc-change-needed-for-bitcoin-bulls-to-return/

Tim has been doing a great job on the videos, very informative and easy to follow.

Thank you very much -- we will have a bunch more videos releasing in line with our updates, particularly showing off the automated invoicing.

There will also be another one, perhaps two, production grade videos made to advertise our Reg D & wider milestones reached by DNotes.

Always open to hear suggestions for various topics to make videos on -- explanations, vlogs, tutorials etc.

This wouldn't exactly be educational, but you know those public interviews where the reporter asks random people on the street questions? It would be cool to go around asking people questions and giving away free DNotes on video. Like a gameshow quiz on the street where people can win DNotes by correctly answering questions about DNotes.

That's a pretty cool idea Brandon. I'm thinking it could work if there was a DNotes app that could be quickly and easily downloaded, with DNotes address automatically generated, so that I would be easily able to just send them some coins using my phone. One possibility would be a DNotesVault app where the entire account is generated for the user and I could make payments to it using QR codes or something. Another possibility would be making use of scripts to create an account in their name using their email address, and having reminder emails sent to them every once in a while that remind them to log into their account for the first time and/or learn more.

Things will be slowing down on my farm until harvest time, so I was planning on doing some tikering around with software anyways. That sounds very doable and I have an idea in mind that could likely work, it's similar to your second idea. I don't think we should open up a mobile app attack vector that is connected with DNotesVault, for security purposes, but using the daemon could work.

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find the DNotes daemon. Is there one?
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

DNotes Global Inc Launches Reg. D 506 (C) Funding To Raise $5 Million From Accredited Investors In A Series Of Three Funding Rounds

Awesome work. These investors will be in a great position investing in Dnotes Global while the price of DNotes is so low.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

For those who want to know when the next CRISP payment will be...

I have successfully made my very first API call on a Google doc. This document has a list of all the CRISP cutoff and payout blocks for a very long time. The API calls the current block height. You have to run the script yourself as I haven't yet figured out how to automate that (have it run once a minute or what have you). All you have to do is go to the DNotes Information menu item and click on "Display current block count" and the block count cell will update. Underneath that I have a few formulas which in the end give you an approximate time for the next CRISP payout. In this case, we're looking at less than 48 hours from now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2YSW6TYGaonbuFbIN7N61J9muuaPBV0Xuevz-1URqU/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to use the doc for your own information, and let me know if there's a piece of information you'd like to see added to it, and I'll see if I can figure out how to add it.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:42:02 PM

Congratulations to everyone involved! This is a huge moment for us in our history. Being one of the first projects to enter into a regulated funding round in our space, and likely the first cryptocurrency to do so.

This funding will take DNotes to the next level. Since it's not just money to spend, but money that will be invested in profitable business ventures that will in turn yield more funding to reinvest, the ecosystem design means that we will have real potential of going well above and beyond the competition.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

Thanks for informative video, from which I known more about how to use DNotes Automatic Payments.
Demands on BTC has risen considerably recent days. It is one of early signal for future growth.
Analyst Tells CNBC Change Needed for Bitcoin Bulls to Return

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-tells-cnbc-change-needed-for-bitcoin-bulls-to-return/

Tim has been doing a great job on the videos, very informative and easy to follow.

Thank you very much -- we will have a bunch more videos releasing in line with our updates, particularly showing off the automated invoicing.

There will also be another one, perhaps two, production grade videos made to advertise our Reg D & wider milestones reached by DNotes.

Always open to hear suggestions for various topics to make videos on -- explanations, vlogs, tutorials etc.

This wouldn't exactly be educational, but you know those public interviews where the reporter asks random people on the street questions? It would be cool to go around asking people questions and giving away free DNotes on video. Like a gameshow quiz on the street where people can win DNotes by correctly answering questions about DNotes.

That's a pretty cool idea Brandon. I'm thinking it could work if there was a DNotes app that could be quickly and easily downloaded, with DNotes address automatically generated, so that I would be easily able to just send them some coins using my phone. One possibility would be a DNotesVault app where the entire account is generated for the user and I could make payments to it using QR codes or something. Another possibility would be making use of scripts to create an account in their name using their email address, and having reminder emails sent to them every once in a while that remind them to log into their account for the first time and/or learn more.

Things will be slowing down on my farm until harvest time, so I was planning on doing some tikering around with software anyways. That sounds very doable and I have an idea in mind that could likely work, it's similar to your second idea. I don't think we should open up a mobile app attack vector that is connected with DNotesVault, for security purposes, but using the daemon could work.

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find the DNotes daemon. Is there one?

Can be compiled from source per OS. You can email me the specifics if you need help.

For the above, if you want something that doesn't require any setup/email validation, the best option would be some form of prefilled paper wallet you could just hand them. This could also be an electrum seed to a prefilled wallet. You could also get their email address, send to their email address from DNotesVault (even if they don't already have an account), and let them know to setup their account later.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:24:18 PM

From DNote Telegram Today:

Shane, [12.07.18 11:58]
[In reply to Tim Gogginnz]
That’s very exciting and thanks for the link to the press release. Will there be updates on the progress (for example - current running total for amounts raised?)

Tim Gogginnz, [12.07.18 12:00]
Once we hit certain thresholds I imagine we will let the community know.

Alan Yong, [12.07.18 12:20]
I will provide updates at the appropriate time. It typically takes a lot of ground-work and "hand-holding".  I do not want to build up false expectation or get ahead of "potential".  Be patience. This could take a few months of highly focused efforts.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:29:25 PM

From DNote Telegram Today:

Shane, [12.07.18 11:58]
[In reply to Tim Gogginnz]
That’s very exciting and thanks for the link to the press release. Will there be updates on the progress (for example - current running total for amounts raised?)

Tim Gogginnz, [12.07.18 12:00]
Once we hit certain thresholds I imagine we will let the community know.

Alan Yong, [12.07.18 12:20]
I will provide updates at the appropriate time. It typically takes a lot of ground-work and "hand-holding".  I do not want to build up false expectation or get ahead of "potential".  Be patience. This could take a few months of highly focused efforts.

For anyone in the community, just want to back this up. Having raised VC myself, I can say that it is a stressful, time-consuming, energy-sapping business activity.

Patience is absolutely the watchword. I don't envy the job Alan and team have ahead of them. Raising capital is just painstakingly not-fun.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
MECHETO

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:50:33 PM

Cherrs

I generally don't like discussing price, because it can change wildly in the short to medium term. But as Benjamin Graham says "In the short-run the market is a voting machines, but in the long-term it is a weighing machine".

The short term then is a vote of who thinks each project is going to explode and take over. As it stands, DNotes is not the most widely known cryptocurrency -- we are currently a diamond in the rough of much-better funded competitors who have had marketing budgets well into the millions, and who have paid similar amounts of money to list on exchanges that have much greater liquidity traded. When coins are traded on higher liquidity exchanges, it also works to advertise them and encourages many new users to check the coin out. Now that DNotes has officially begun its first financing round under Reg D provisions in the USA, we will soon be much more able to bring the attention to DNotes that it truly deserves. 

In terms of the long-term however, DNotes has already produced enough to warrant it belonging in the top 50-100 coins by market capitalization. Keep in mind that most projects are but ICOs that build a stock-standard business on the Ethereum platform (Ethereum did all the heavy lifting), and most of the things we have produced have a much greater effect on crypto adoption than nearly any ICO every will. It should also be mentioned that because DNotes is so much more than just a cryptocurrency, but an integrated business ecosystem -- we will be creating ourselves all the things that startups have created their own ICO token to fund, like exchanges, software, and trading marketplaces etc. We have gone one step further though, and produced things that are actually useful. Take for example the automated payment scripts that we released a couple days ago to showcase the experimental DNotes pay. Now merchants can automatically detect payment and distribute their digital products, without requiring any middlemen, and paying nearly nothing for the privilege of doing so.

The true value of DNotes once you take into account what we have produced compared to the market, and the utility our business properties are adding to the system, is likely double your estimate. So in the short-term the market does what it does, but in the long-term there is only one direction DNotes is heading.
MECHETO

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

Cherrs

You are so right buddy. I mined my 1st notes in 2014 and I'm steal here and I do believe it will be very expensive soon or later Wink
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:46:25 AM

Robinhood Crypto Adds Support for Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin Trades

https://dcebrief.com/robinhood-crypto-adds-support-for-bitcoin-cash-and-litecoin-trades/
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:14:41 AM

Cherrs

Great observations, Tim. The key for us or any digital currency project is to focus less on the short-term voting and more on how we measure up when it comes to the eventual weighing. It's one thing to come up with a crypto-coin name and rush out to raise a ton of fast money through an ICO - all the while focusing on little more than marketing and brand recognition. it's quite another to start out with a real-world strategy, and actually do the hard work required to develop your project so that it can effectively use investor capital to achieve its goals.

All the ICO-fueled investment funding in the world can never serve as an adequate subsitute for a sound business plan and the drive to see a project through to success.

There are so many things that make DNotes a special project. The vision. The commitment to serving real human needs. The strength of its community. The leadership's dedication to ensuring that DNotes is an inclusive and accessible digital currency usable by everyone around the world. And so much more...

Undervalued? Absolutely. But I like the prospects for that long-term weighing. Hares and grasshoppers are all flash and dazzle, but it's the tortoises and the ants that look like winners when all is said and done.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 01:44:15 AM

Variant65

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:12:03 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before but with staking in the wallet, does the wallet have to be online all the time? is the reward proportional to the uptime? what proportion of the month is required to qualify for block reward?
Thanks
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 02:13:36 AM

Working on a DNotes Pay wordpress plugin for individual digital delivery type products. This will be the minimalist version using shortcodes to create individual payment buttons and automatic delivery. Still working out a few details, but to give you an idea:

Where ever you put that shortcode, your custom purchase button will show up and allow your customer to purchase and receive immediate delivery of the product.

We are also working on a software based pay per use DNotes Pay model, which we will be releasing with a software product to demonstrate the functionality and the use case.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 02:18:11 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before but with staking in the wallet, does the wallet have to be online all the time? is the reward proportional to the uptime? what proportion of the month is required to qualify for block reward?
Thanks

Hi Variant65, not a problem. The wallet does need to be up all the time and staking for staking reward. The reward is proportional to the number of coins being staked for that block.

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: