Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456063 times)
fajarkus12

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:13:11 AM

Probably Asian countries generally and Singapore specifically are tech friendly countries for blockchain and other startups. Lot of companies have focused on those markets because potential is there. Once Monaco team established setup there it will be helpful to extend it to western countries more easily in my opinion.

You are right but Asia is quite diverse. There are those tech savvy countries like Singapore etc. But then also countries with very strict monetary policies (e.g. China) so I was a little bit surprised they start out in Asia.
Because asia have economics growth significant and still growing rapidly. Also asia market resistant to monetary crisis. That's why the team choose asia market first as beginning because the potential is big

Also Singapore seems like a good trial site. Big enough to get a sense of what people are after, how they use their cards etc.

Monaco is going relatively cheap at the moment. Under $5 usd. Could be a good time to get in to get a higher tier card. Or you can risk trying to ride the bitcoin cash wave! Although I always feel uncomfortable buying something at its all time high.
I don't think to buy bitcoin cash because the risk is big while the price already rise significantly. Better to buy MCO coin and hold it for long term investment because the price now is cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:46:51 AM

Probably Asian countries generally and Singapore specifically are tech friendly countries for blockchain and other startups. Lot of companies have focused on those markets because potential is there. Once Monaco team established setup there it will be helpful to extend it to western countries more easily in my opinion.

You are right but Asia is quite diverse. There are those tech savvy countries like Singapore etc. But then also countries with very strict monetary policies (e.g. China) so I was a little bit surprised they start out in Asia.
Maybe you do not know the growth of cryptocurrency market in Asian countries in this year. The cryptocurrency market grew very much in this continent, especially the growth of Korean and Japanese market made the Bitcoin and most of altcoins price have chance increase to highest price.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
crickets

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:58:17 PM

But this would then also make me wonder about VISA. Wouldn't they do their due diligence and try everything they can to not partner with a company that might get sued for shady operations?
Visa is not legally liable if MonaCo ends up deliberately manipulating the token price (which I am not saying they will, but they definitely can with the current model).

Despite my responses, I actually like the idea of the card. I'm just not going to let shills post bullshit and make it appear as if everything is rainbows and unicorns in here when it clearly isn't. And right now there's a massive problem with the removal of the asset contract, which so far still doesn't have any replacement solution, as well as the issue with the card reservation once the token price gets too high for normal people to care.

I agree with you but still it is a bit weird how the whole process is going. You would expect VISA to be very careful before engaging in contracts with a crypto startup like this one. But who knows maybe they don't even care as much as we would think.
Visa cares about one thing, money. If they can create a scenario in which they can profit while keeping their name clean, they will most likely go that route. And if it came to public attention that MonaCo baited and switched investors with the asset contract, Visa would simply play oblivious to the fact and get off scot-free.

By the way, with 20000 cards and an average of $1000 transaction volume per year, that would make the dividend of a single token $0.7 per year.

And that's only the amount of cards that was ordered since the ICO. At the same rate there should be more than 100k cards at the end of next year, so each token would give a yearly dividend of more than $3.5 per year. Imagine you bought 10k tokens at $2 for $20,000, then you would be getting $35,000 for your investment every year from 2019.

And this number would grow very quickly as the amounts of cards increase. If cards kept getting ordered at the same rate, in 2020 the same investment would return $70,000 in dividends, and in 2025 the dividend would be $245,000. In 2030 this would be more than $500,000 per year. So in total we'd get a return of at least $2,730,000 at the end of 2030 out of a $20,000 investment with at least $500,000 of extra income per year from that point onward.

And in reality the amount of cards should be going up much faster because of active marketing, which so far MonaCo didn't really do.

Dividends?
No.
Super-speculative.
Nothing speculative about an extremely conservative estimate. Thanks for showing that all the shills have no real arguments by the way.

I think Kris said the math works out for token holders because of token scarcity once card volumes increase (best card in market for travelers, and crypto users, MCO required as transfer mechanism)...not sure if they will do dividends because of securities laws.
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:54:23 PM

Because asia have economics growth significant and still growing rapidly. Also asia market resistant to monetary crisis. That's why the team choose asia market first as beginning because the potential is big

How do you come to the conclusion that Asia is resistant to monetary crises? And I can't imagine that was a major consideration for the MCO team to start out in Asia.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
tutorninja

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:35:22 PM

hi! where can i read more about your bounty?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:43:44 PM

But this would then also make me wonder about VISA. Wouldn't they do their due diligence and try everything they can to not partner with a company that might get sued for shady operations?
Visa is not legally liable if MonaCo ends up deliberately manipulating the token price (which I am not saying they will, but they definitely can with the current model).

Despite my responses, I actually like the idea of the card. I'm just not going to let shills post bullshit and make it appear as if everything is rainbows and unicorns in here when it clearly isn't. And right now there's a massive problem with the removal of the asset contract, which so far still doesn't have any replacement solution, as well as the issue with the card reservation once the token price gets too high for normal people to care.

I agree with you but still it is a bit weird how the whole process is going. You would expect VISA to be very careful before engaging in contracts with a crypto startup like this one. But who knows maybe they don't even care as much as we would think.
Visa cares about one thing, money. If they can create a scenario in which they can profit while keeping their name clean, they will most likely go that route. And if it came to public attention that MonaCo baited and switched investors with the asset contract, Visa would simply play oblivious to the fact and get off scot-free.

By the way, with 20000 cards and an average of $1000 transaction volume per year, that would make the dividend of a single token $0.7 per year.

And that's only the amount of cards that was ordered since the ICO. At the same rate there should be more than 100k cards at the end of next year, so each token would give a yearly dividend of more than $3.5 per year. Imagine you bought 10k tokens at $2 for $20,000, then you would be getting $35,000 for your investment every year from 2019.

And this number would grow very quickly as the amounts of cards increase. If cards kept getting ordered at the same rate, in 2020 the same investment would return $70,000 in dividends, and in 2025 the dividend would be $245,000. In 2030 this would be more than $500,000 per year. So in total we'd get a return of at least $2,730,000 at the end of 2030 out of a $20,000 investment with at least $500,000 of extra income per year from that point onward.

And in reality the amount of cards should be going up much faster because of active marketing, which so far MonaCo didn't really do.

Dividends?
No.
Super-speculative.
Nothing speculative about an extremely conservative estimate. Thanks for showing that all the shills have no real arguments by the way.

I think Kris said the math works out for token holders because of token scarcity once card volumes increase (best card in market for travelers, and crypto users, MCO required as transfer mechanism)...not sure if they will do dividends because of securities laws.
I know what Kris said and I can guarantee you that it's bullshit. He said that the revenue is too low to be relevant, which at worst is a complete and utter lie or an indicator of his lack of competence at best.
Scarcity was a factor originally on top of the asset contract. And every serious investor joined for the asset contract, not for the scarcity.

Check my Math in the quoted post for a low end estimate given the current data to see that the asset contract is crucial for any serious investor.
Btcmnr

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:06:55 PM

why are there so many credit card projects lately? I hope Monaco will be successful
Ally@monaco

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:56:17 AM

why are there so many credit card projects lately? I hope Monaco will be successful

Thank you for your support. We are working hard and we are poised for success!
Kripto.hr

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:55:07 AM

So did you get your plastic boys? New Year is coming soon...

strzelba

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:15 AM

Ally@Monaco - could you tell me why in monaco app I see always people ahead counter at 12476??
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:41:02 AM

What is the procedure to get crypto card and how much fees to deliver in asia?
mover

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

Ally@Monaco - could you tell me why in monaco app I see always people ahead counter at 12476??

I don't even understand this. I'm standing on same position(little bit more than 3000) for months. App says one share with friends move up at least 400 spots.
Nobody invites friends?
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:08:52 AM

In next couple of hours we can expect MCO crossing the psychological barrier of 0.001 BTC. Once we have done that it will be showing more quick performance to acquire next up levels in price range. It seems that big players want to do this but there will be some kind of twisting just slightly under 0.001 BTC floor for few minutes.
Ally@monaco

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:11:42 AM

Stay Tuned for Updates!
Nov 14 (Tues), 3pm HKT: Latest announcement
Nov 16 (Thurs), 10pm HKT:  Q&A session with CEO Kris Marszalek @Kris_HK on Slack.

Join @monaco_card slack community by emailing contact@mona.co (using the email that you created your Monaco account)

https://twitter.com/monaco_card/status/930012477827432448
rajravind

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:49:01 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 11:05:12 AM by rajravind

In next couple of hours we can expect MCO crossing the psychological barrier of 0.001 BTC. Once we have done that it will be showing more quick performance to acquire next up levels in price range. It seems that big players want to do this but there will be some kind of twisting just slightly under 0.001 BTC floor for few minutes.

Any pumps happening without lock-in app release or smart contract alike dividends sharing are mere normal pump and wont last long enough .
We have seen these many times
Those buy orders were just to create a fake pump
mover

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:35:44 AM

Two things can happen:

- Comes a meaningful announcement, for example first cards are in the post office : MCO goes to the moon
- Comes a new bullshit postpone: MCO price fall back even further
fajarkus12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:40:43 PM

Any pumps happening without lock-in app release or smart contract alike dividends sharing are mere normal pump and wont last long enough .
We have seen these many times
Those buy orders were just to create a fake pump
I agree with you, i think the pump only for temporary and can't be long time, so we must be carefull. Maybe if the team change their opinion by about added smart contract this coin price can rise for long time
anhbloginc

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

I have joined the waitlist to get my card. It appears the waitlist is long and I have to wait for so long, right?

amktt

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:49:47 PM

it is without doubt the best, it already a visa program manager not using third party
iam long term in it, by far the most legit crypto project I have ever known  Cheesy Cheesy
Roister01

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:56:19 PM

Could I just clarify...if I put 500 mco aside for 6 months, to qualify for a card, when the six month lock in period expires, do I get my mco back AND keep the card, or do I revert to the basic card?
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: