Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DCORP Venture Capitalism  (Read 127542 times)
zits10

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:33:16 PM

What price do you expect in October, when trade will be active? Any opinions?

This is the math you should make before investing...
Get ready....

A- Size of the Crypto market

If we only take the TOP50 coins (see coinmarketcap), you have
-   $100 Billion Market cap for the top50
-   $4.7 Billion traded in the last 24h
-   the $4.7 B per day are equivalent to a $1.6 trillion per year (x350)

Ratio between MK and traded volumes are = $1,600 B / 100 B = x16.5 (or 4.7% of the K on a day) (Note: 0.047 x 350 = 16.5)

B- Let’s compare to the FOREX market now:

For info:  look at the standard stock market assets value (sum of MK) = $70 Trillions in 2016. http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD
(you can see the dot.com bubble in 1999-2001 and the 2007-2008 financial crisis and the EuroZone 2010 crisis as well)

Now, what is the most comparable to our loved cryptos is the mighty FOREX market: trading of “monnaies”. (even if alts start to behave more and more as STOCKS... another debate)

Links:
   http://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-fx-peaktrading-idUSKCN0VK1UD

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-currency-is-traded-every-day-2016-9

TL;DR: we speak about $5 Trillion daily, traded or exchanged.

C- What are Derivatives?

Read: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/derivative.asp
TL;DR: It’s basically a complex financial product, on which you can leverage your gains. You can trade futures, do swaps and build complex insurances systems to hedge your positions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_derivative

<<The problem with Derivatives, is that they are like Russian dolls >>
<< aaah, you mean narcissistic and plasticmade ?>>
<< Nope…they I mean can underly from another derivative fcuktard ! Like taking an insurance on an insurance. Or betting on the fact that someone will lose a bet…>>

See it as dreams into dreams… inception like… but with real money. It can go haywire really fast if things take the sh1t route…
(Watch “The Big Short” to understand how these derivatives fcuked the market in 2010…)

Now, let’s look ONLY at the foreign exchange derivatives, to be able to compare to cryptos (I know we can argue on that, but please…I will ask you to politely stfu).

We will stick to only Interest rate based derivatives, hence the ones that take into account the currencies evolutions: “OTC single currency interest rate derivatives” -> http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfx16.htm

TL;DR: We have $5 Trillion per day traded (we know already that), and $2.7 Trillion of derivatives.
That’s the market and that is the ratio to keep in mind:  For each currency traded, you have 0.5 traded as a derivative as well.

<< man… this is gonna explode one day... insane...>>

D- Back to cryptos

Remark: One may argue that, cryptos being more volatile, you’ll have a higher tendency to use derivatives. Other can say that the products are complex and my discourage the average crypto-enthusuast… I believe that, because the crypto market is not professional (read this forum and you’ll see…),  we would have 10x less: 1 / 20 ratio then.

As we have $4.7 billion traded per day, let’s happily imagine that we may/might/potentially/maybe/probably have $240 million of derivatives.

We were uusing the forex based ratio, divided by 10.
If we consider the Alt-coins more like stock options, this value can skyrocket… And if we consider that the alts market is increasing, it is safe (lol) to imagine a $400 million derivative market here.

E- Conclusion: What is the market for DCORP?

Total supply of DRP is 6/6 Million tokens so far. They are not clear about how many will be issued, it will depend on the sharholders (DOA) Let’s take a 10M figure in the mid-term.

Ultimately, we have a $400M and 10M tokens: one token has a potential of $40.
That is if DCORP is alone on the market, which I doubt... probably we should imagine that they get 1/3 of this market, as early entrants. Exchanges could be the big bad wolf and steal the show by integrating Derivatives in their systems natively (or rely on DCORP solutions ?).
That is $15 per DRP token.

Reminder:  ICO terms are not at 400 DRP per ETH, which values to token at $0.8 per token.

at $15 You have a x20 potential here.

E- Think for yourself now...

Based on this, you can make you own opinion

1- be optimistic and imagine that derivatives will flow the cryptos market (not sure that would be a good thing, but this market is almost made for derivatives).
That would mean a DRP at $100 maybe? (let me laugh... or cry)

2- Or you can be pessimistic, and go the other way, with a DRP around $7 to $10 (still a good profit vs. the ICO).

3- Imagine that once on exchanges, nobody understands derivatives or markets, and you can imagine selling your DRP tokens for a x100 to stupid traders on the exchanges (my plan)

Good luck...

Disclaimer I put a few ETH in DCORP...

Is threr any chance that is will be dumped? Example 1-2$
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:46:16 PM

Get ready....

Ratio between MK and traded volumes are = $1,600 B / 100 B = x16.5 (or 4.7% of the K on a day) (Note: 0.047 x 350 = 16.5)

For info:  look at the standard stock market assets value (sum of MK) = $70 Trillions in 2016. http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD
(you can see the dot.com bubble in 1999-2001 and the 2007-2008 financial crisis and the EuroZone 2010 crisis as well)

Now, what is the most comparable to our loved cryptos is the mighty FOREX market: trading of “monnaies”. (even if alts start to behave more and more as STOCKS... another debate)

Links:

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-currency-is-traded-every-day-2016-9

C- What are Derivatives?

TL;DR: It’s basically a complex financial product, on which you can leverage your gains. You can trade futures, do swaps and build complex insurances systems to hedge your positions.

<< Nope…they I mean can underly from another derivative fcuktard ! Like taking an insurance on an insurance. Or betting on the fact that someone will lose a bet…>>

See it as dreams into dreams… inception like… but with real money. It can go haywire really fast if things take the sh1t route…
(Watch “The Big Short” to understand how these derivatives fcuked the market in 2010…)

Now, let’s look ONLY at the foreign exchange derivatives, to be able to compare to cryptos (I know we can argue on that, but please…I will ask you to politely stfu).

We will stick to only Interest rate based derivatives, hence the ones that take into account the currencies evolutions: “OTC single currency interest rate derivatives” -> http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfx16.htm

TL;DR: We have $5 Trillion per day traded (we know already that), and $2.7 Trillion of derivatives.
That’s the market and that is the ratio to keep in mind:  For each currency traded, you have 0.5 traded as a derivative as well.

D- Back to cryptos

Remark: One may argue that, cryptos being more volatile, you’ll have a higher tendency to use derivatives. Other can say that the products are complex and my discourage the average crypto-enthusuast… I believe that, because the crypto market is not professional (read this forum and you’ll see…),  we would have 10x less: 1 / 20 ratio then.

As we have $4.7 billion traded per day, let’s happily imagine that we may/might/potentially/maybe/probably have $240 million of derivatives.

If we consider the Alt-coins more like stock options, this value can skyrocket… And if we consider that the alts market is increasing, it is safe (lol) to imagine a $400 million derivative market here.

Total supply of DRP is 6/6 Million tokens so far. They are not clear about how many will be issued, it will depend on the sharholders (DOA) Let’s take a 10M figure in the mid-term.

That is if DCORP is alone on the market, which I doubt... probably we should imagine that they get 1/3 of this market, as early entrants. Exchanges could be the big bad wolf and steal the show by integrating Derivatives in their systems natively (or rely on DCORP solutions ?).

Reminder:  ICO terms are not at 400 DRP per ETH, which values to token at $0.8 per token.

1- be optimistic and imagine that derivatives will flow the cryptos market (not sure that would be a good thing, but this market is almost made for derivatives).

2- Or you can be pessimistic, and go the other way, with a DRP around $7 to $10 (still a good profit vs. the ICO).

3- Imagine that once on exchanges, nobody understands derivatives or markets, and you can imagine selling your DRP tokens for a x100 to stupid traders on the exchanges (my plan)

Good luck...

Being dumped is not up to the developers. It's up to the people trading it, if the project is good and there are good developers who dedicated their time and efforts in improving their product then there is likely no chance it can be dumped at really low prices. I think dcorp is one of those good projects that would succeed in the long run and it could potentially even rise at a high level.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:49:39 PM

There is ALWAYS a chance. It's crypto world.
Devs should do their job, but the business development team behind them has the responsibility to take this project from CODE to BUSINESS.
A nice GitHub repository full of code has a limited value...

That is why, besides the dev's qualities (if you can assess them), you always have to check the level of the business dev team (and the advisory board) in every project (ICO). LinkedIn is your friend.
Example: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/7595700/
(Note: i have mixed feelings about the team... they look great, but shady at the same time)
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:59:28 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 12:18:44 AM by BunnyShibe

Hard to tell. I would predict 1 dollar a coin for starting and rise exponentially as profit/dividends rakes in.
Oh, i think thats depends. Because if the poloniex accept the DCORP problably the price can pump in a few hours, and if the price dont dump, we can say thats its a "strong" cryptocurrency.
that is really a strong no doubt about that, in fact there is such a strong and determined team behind this therefore I am sure that this coin is going to shoot and will really give a good profit to its participant we can also hope that all the bit exchanges will add this coin in priority bases.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:13:05 AM

- REMINDER -
36 Hours - Crowdsale Ends Friday!
Building Relationships and $4,000,000 funded
Funded 13,250 ETH
Earned the support of nearly 4,000 Shareholders
Passed a milestone of $4,000,000
Allocated over 6.5 Million DRP for Tokenholders

Your DRP will be tradable in October! They are backed by Ether, and we have organized a FAIR crowdsale, while working towards preventing devaluation as a result of dumping!
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 04:25:31 AM

- REMINDER -
36 Hours - Crowdsale Ends Friday!
Building Relationships and $4,000,000 funded
Funded 13,250 ETH
Earned the support of nearly 4,000 Shareholders
Passed a milestone of $4,000,000
Allocated over 6.5 Million DRP for Tokenholders

Your DRP will be tradable in October! They are backed by Ether, and we have organized a FAIR crowdsale, while working towards preventing devaluation as a result of dumping!

Impressive crowdsale numbers and people support earned by DCORP. I think this is one of the most promising projects, and come this October, the supporters are gonna enjoy some handsome returns for their investment.
Good luck to both the investors and developers. Great being part of DCORP signature campaign, the best I've been part of so far.
Cheers!
HanscoLeek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:35:38 AM

Is Blockchain Disrupting The Way Startups Raise Funds?

Forbes.com has written about Dcorp! They seemed also very interested in the project.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nikolaikuznetsov/2017/06/28/is-blockchain-disrupting-the-way-startups-raise-funds/#5c859095123f
HanscoLeek

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:44:58 AM

There is ALWAYS a chance. It's crypto world.
Devs should do their job, but the business development team behind them has the responsibility to take this project from CODE to BUSINESS.
A nice GitHub repository full of code has a limited value...

That is why, besides the dev's qualities (if you can assess them), you always have to check the level of the business dev team (and the advisory board) in every project (ICO). LinkedIn is your friend.
Example: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/7595700/
(Note: i have mixed feelings about the team... they look great, but shady at the same time)

Hi thanks for the feedback. We did everything to let the people know that we will make a huge success of Dcorp. All the code is open source feel free to check it. There is no unsold amount of DRP tokens, no token is given away for free, the dev's will get there DRP tokens after 1 to 3 year (so they need to make it a success) Feel free to ask all the questions you want to take the "shady" feeling away.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:32:55 AM

Well the crowdsale is ending tomorrow congratulations dcorp devs! for reaching quota i guess the coin will be tradable in october i can't wait!! and thank you so much for the opportunity that you given by a form of signature campaign hope this coin is will be successful one
Pumared

Activity: 1316
Merit: 413

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:32:26 AM

Thanks DCORP for the subscription campaign I hope you grow even more

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
dewhast

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:06:55 PM

I would like to know why nobody want to talk about Bitmex, they look similar don't they ?
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:42:27 PM

This project looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  Less competent than DAO guys, just making stuff up.  Someone should seriously look into their smart contract to see if it's safe.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
HanscoLeek

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:48:16 PM

This project looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  Less competent than DAO guys, just making stuff up.  Someone should seriously look into their smart contract to see if it's safe.

Thanks for the feedback, but can you come with some facts, our code is subjected to code reviews, besides that our community is free to inspect and discuss the code. DCORP is in fact a DAO, but we've taken measures to prevent abuse as was used to drain the DAO from it's funds.
HanscoLeek

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:51:46 PM

Only 19 hours left for the end of the ICO!!!

Dcorp raised so far:

-14.338 Ether
-4.276.021 USD
-7.066495 DRP tokens

Join us now and become a shareholder!

www.dcorp.it/crowdsale

New video by Jeremy Epstein!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJcDubt2J8&feature=youtu.be
corleto

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:07:38 PM

Get ready....

Links:

C- What are Derivatives?

D- Back to cryptos

Good luck...

I really like what you did there and I agree the idea of an option market has a lot of potential. But why should someone pay this multiple on a token when most of the profit goes straight into the pocket of board and founder (according to whitepaper)? And only a little bit to the token holders? (leaving out there are an endless amount of reasons ppl are buying tokens right now).

Since it took such a big effort for just a few of my questions to be answered, let alone questions left unanswered I just hope for all the people who put their money in this my caution was unjustified Smiley
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:22:49 PM

This project looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  Less competent than DAO guys, just making stuff up.  Someone should seriously look into their smart contract to see if it's safe.

Thanks for the feedback, but can you come with some facts, our code is subjected to code reviews, besides that our community is free to inspect and discuss the code. DCORP is in fact a DAO, but we've taken measures to prevent abuse as was used to drain the DAO from it's funds.

How long has the code been published?  What specific measures have you taken to prevent abuse?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:58:55 PM

congratulation dcorp! for their succesful crowsell.in which exchange will be added dcorp?  we need amazing exchange for amazing project.i mean bittrex or polo
For me poloniex is important to add the coin because I have most of my trades on poloniex I often spend more time on that exchange because they have much of the coins on which I have investment. That is why I request the dcorp team to add the coin on poloniex exchange.

This is true with me too. I sincerely hope DCORP gets on there. However, I will like to wish the entire management and team of Dcorp a great future ahead as the Crowdsale ends today. Congratulations all...

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
KryptoKash

Activity: 512
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:16:07 PM

Get ready....

Links:

C- What are Derivatives?

D- Back to cryptos

Good luck...

You're not taking into account 100% of this economy will be controlled by investors unlike other coins that are mined and given away. The only other coin that comes close is stratis. It reached $11 with a 100million coin supply (almost), they allowed mining for a month or so and gave away coins as bounties. DCORP has a much smaller supply (a tenth of it maybe), no miners, no free coins and investors have an incentive to hold (dividends?). $15 would be very cheap on an exchange i feel. $50-$75 would probably be the low here.....

stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:42:53 PM

You're not taking into account 100% of this economy will be controlled by investors unlike other coins that are mined and given away. The only other coin that comes close is stratis. It reached $11 with a 100million coin supply (almost), they allowed mining for a month or so and gave away coins as bounties. DCORP has a much smaller supply (a tenth of it maybe), no miners, no free coins and investors have an incentive to hold (dividends?). $15 would be very cheap on an exchange i feel. $50-$75 would probably be the low here.....

Yes, it is incomplete. But I did my best ;-)

I see you are on the optimistic side, and we speak about same orders of magnitude ($50 to $100).
I wish they do.
KryptoKash

Activity: 512
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:47:15 PM

Yes, it is incomplete. But I did my best ;-)

I see you are on the optimistic side, and we speak about same orders of magnitude ($50 to $100).
I wish they do.
I like what you did though, really good. Lets see where it goes...but regardless of who is right at least we both agree.....it is a winner. :-), I dont see this one being a flop. DCORP is going to be very successful. Can't wait.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: