Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented  (Read 92466 times)
AsUsualNo

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:16:17 PM

Fake ChipMixer google ad is still online.
it seems we don't have enough people filing reports or google decided to ignore and keep making money off ads.
if I file multiple reports (my IP dynamics) would it make any different? am I going to get in trouble from google?

They know is it still you no matter how many times you change the IP, they know because you will be placed always on the same house.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:50:36 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 05:48:41 AM by btcton

it has nothing to do with Chipmixer as unconfirmed transactions based on the mempool.
Problem was chip funding transaction was stuck in mempool due to average miner fee over 900 sat/B.
We have solved it by Child-Pay-For-Parent - spending a chip with higher fee accelerates spending other chips.

I just checked on my side to make sure and it is absolutely still there. I reported it once more, although I doubt that it's going to change anything since Google does not seem to actually care about it. Another problem I just noticed was that the fake website also has a valid SSL certificate, which could instill a false sense of security to anyone visiting that site and would result in them getting scammed. I do not know what else to do besides keep reporting it to Google, though.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:27:05 AM

it has nothing to do with Chipmixer as unconfirmed transactions based on the mempool.
Problem was chip funding transaction was stuck in mempool due to average miner fee over 900 sat/B.
We have solved it by Child-Pay-For-Parent - spending a chip with higher fee accelerates spending other chips.

I just heck on my side to make sure and it is absolutely still there. I reported it once more, although I doubt that it's going to change anything since Google does not seem to actually care about it. Another problem I just noticed was that the fake website also has a valid SSL certificate, which could instill a false sense of security to anyone visiting that site and would result in them getting scammed. I do not know what else to do besides keep reporting it to Google, though.

For what it's worth, i also filec a report today... Not sure if it'll help tough.
The fake site seems to be using cloudflare, maybe there's an option to file a report with them somehow? (i don't know if they'd care tough)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:40:48 PM

it seems we don't have enough people filing reports or google decided to ignore and keep making money off ads.
if I file multiple reports (my IP dynamics) would it make any different? am I going to get in trouble from google?

I don't know but not everyone in Chipmixer campaign confirm have reported this scam site.
55 people is a lot, but not sure if it will be enough. I have reported this copycat website twice as well.
Maybe someone here have a contact info of someone who works in Google corp? Cheesy
Or we have to add a warning in every post, like; Beware of the copycat website of chipmixer, make sure you visit Chipmixer.com not "co" something like that.
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:01:31 PM

I don't know but not everyone in Chipmixer campaign confirm have reported this scam site.
55 people is a lot, but not sure if it will be enough. I have reported this copycat website twice as well.
Maybe someone here have a contact info of someone who works in Google corp? Cheesy
Or we have to add a warning in every post, like; Beware of the copycat website of chipmixer, make sure you visit Chipmixer.com not "co" something like that.

Considering that Google's algorithms for choosing which reports to check for are somewhat decent, it should take into account not only the number of people reporting the site, but also other factors such as the reporting frequency and the attributes of the site. For example, the fact that the scam site has SSL enabled probably gains a few points on Google's book, making it harder for them to take it down. I have not looked up the whois information of the website, but if it was registered more recently than the real site then it should me overly clear which one the real site is. I advise people to keep reporting it even if it seems like it's not working.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
ChipMixer (OP)

Activity: 456
Merit: 956

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:31:46 AM

We have run out of small chips over xmas.
If you have received a voucher - you can redeem it now.

Nanolite

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Nanolite Developer

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:22:12 AM

This site not comfortable at all if you ask me
i end up losing my funds one time cus i didn't know how to use it.
why not make something easy to understand like bitcoinblender ?

Nanolite, improving technology one bit at a time.
ChipMixer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:35:39 PM

This site not comfortable at all if you ask me
i end up losing my funds one time cus i didn't know how to use it.
If you have a problem with our service - please contact support.

Privacy is not something you can switch on with a button. You need to know how we ensure your privacy and how you can protect it futher. Our method is not a secret - everyone can read how it works on our website, learn why it works and how to use it.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

I wonder if ChipMixer with the upcoming fork tomorrow at block 501451 will take any measures to prevent people from gaming the reserve pool to obtain a double amount of split value by quickly mixing coins after block 501451.

ChipMixer is as far as I know the only mixer working with the concept of providing people with private keys containing pre generated chip values. It would be sad to see that due to this abuse the reserve pool gets emptied.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:39:43 AM

I wonder if ChipMixer with the upcoming fork tomorrow at block 501451 will take any measures to prevent people from gaming the reserve pool to obtain a double amount of split value by quickly mixing coins after block 501451.

ChipMixer is as far as I know the only mixer working with the concept of providing people with private keys containing pre generated chip values. It would be sad to see that due to this abuse the reserve pool gets emptied.

At some point the line has to be drawn as to where we have to start ignoring forks. If this keeps up, many services, ChipMixer included, would be having to suspend their services every time a fork is announced. This seems counter-productive because of how easy it is to create a fork and considering how unsuccessful most forks have been. Even when Bitcoin got forked over to Bitcoin Cash that was still a somewhat sensible time to suspend services since it was the first, but with each new fork, its value gets diminished.

I don't think there is a big enough reason for ChipMixer to react in any way to any forks, but we have yet to obtain official word on this matter.

moejoejay

Activity: 138
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:53:39 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 03:24:29 PM by moejoejay

Hey Folks

Questions

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?

2. How i can import private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?

Advice:

Create an short video for using chipmixer i believe you loose a lot of prospectives without an one.

best regards moejoejay

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:09:34 PM

I've tested this, and indeed, after destroying a session I can restore the session, after which it gives me the same deposit address. It resets the timer to the full 48 hours though.
I haven't tested this with a funded session, I don't dare to destroy that session just to test it.

2. How i can export private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?
Did you mean "import" instead of "export"? You can sweep the private key into an existing Electrum wallet. After this, the funds are transfered to a new address within your wallet.[/quote]

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

I've tested this, and indeed, after destroying a session I can restore the session, after which it gives me the same deposit address. It resets the timer to the full 48 hours though.
I haven't tested this with a funded session, I don't dare to destroy that session just to test it.

hmm... weird, I have completely a different experience awhile ago
though it wasn't destroyed but expired with no deposit yet, then I tried to restore with session token
what I get with the same session token url is showing a different deposit address.
have you tried (hard) reloading the page? could it be just displaying the old cache from the browser?

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:38:51 PM

I don't think there is a big enough reason for ChipMixer to react in any way to any forks, but we have yet to obtain official word on this matter.
ChipMixer did take precautions at the time Bitcoin Gold forked, but it seems that they don't really add much value to this fork, and for that reason didn't do anything, or at least, not that we know of since ChipMixer hasn't posted.

I was right when it comes to asking whether or not ChipMixer would do something to prevent abuse. I have been offered a certain amount of funds through PM to remove my earlier post, but I of course ignored it.

It was done via a brand new account just created for that purpose.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Vilfan

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:13:52 AM

Hey Folks

Questions

2. How i can export private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?

Advice:

Create an short video for using chipmixer i believe you loose a lot of prospectives without an one.

best regards moejoejay

I feel that this is a pretty stable project in bitcoin hardfork time and the market has too much volatility. We hope ChipMixer's DEV team will have the right direction for their project.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 01:07:57 PM

have you tried (hard) reloading the page? could it be just displaying the old cache from the browser?
Even though I used a private browser before, I'll try to restore it in a different browser (also in private mode) after destroying the session. The result is exactly the same: Session restored.

ChipMixer (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:28:52 PM

We did not notice this fork and reserve (for higher chips) has been emptied. This means we have to change some things.

For now we are introducing mixing fee of 2% of deposit. It will be less profitable to abuse mixer.

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?
New session creates a random token. When you destroy session, session data is destroyed. When you reuse token, you create new session with the same token.

2. How i can import private keys in an existing wallet on electrum? Does it work with the local sweep function?
If you have deterministic wallet - you cannot. You can sweep it to deterministic wallet but you will pay miners fee for that.
It is not advised to mix two wallets - not mixed funds and mixed funds. When you spend from your wallet your transaction may connect both which links your addresses.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:08:03 PM

We did not notice this fork and reserve (for higher chips) has been emptied. This means we have to change some things.

For now we are introducing mixing fee of 2% of deposit. It will be less profitable to abuse mixer.

would that fee be permanent? or only for limited duration when the fork happening?
so for example I deposited 0.006 then fee will be 0.00012 and I will lose another 0.00088 Shocked
but if I choose voucher, redeem later, I will not get charged the 2% fee?

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:05:03 PM

At some point the line has to be drawn as to where we have to start ignoring forks.
If this keeps up, many services, ChipMixer included, would be having to suspend their services every time a fork is announced. This seems counter-productive because of how easy it is to create a fork and considering how unsuccessful most forks have been. Even when Bitcoin got forked over to Bitcoin Cash that was still a somewhat sensible time to suspend services since it was the first, but with each new fork, its value gets diminished.

I agree with this completely because even at some point, if one is not following what is happening, you will end up losing count of the amount of forks that have happened. But ignoring the forks completely is beyond the service providers as we have even seen several providers having to take a reverse in their earlier position when the pressure increased by their users asking for their forked coins.

I think what admin should do is to set some conditions that a fork should meet before it would be considered at all and the conditions should be such that is high enough that for any forked version to meet, it must have been adopted by the community aside that every other thing should be ignored.

I also support the fees of 2% but how we differentiate between the normal client who wants to mix his coins and the other guy who only wants to exploit the current situation?
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:17:44 AM

1. Why I'm able to reuse the  session token even if i've destroyed them ?
New session creates a random token. When you destroy session, session data is destroyed. When you reuse token, you create new session with the same token.

If you have deterministic wallet - you cannot. You can sweep it to deterministic wallet but you will pay miners fee for that.
It is not advised to mix two wallets - not mixed funds and mixed funds. When you spend from your wallet your transaction may connect both which links your addresses.

I checked the website and I cannot find anywhere it says that the 2% deposit fee is in place before you actually start the mixing process. I recommend that this be put somewhat clearly in the site, as people who have used ChipMixer before, and even those who have not, could not know about this fee and would complain about it afterwards, potentially hurting ChipMixer's already established reputation. The way it is right now is easy to miss and conflicts with the information in the FAQ. Updating the FAQ would definitely help in this case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: