Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - OAX Foundation  (Read 134623 times)
bitvoyager

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:25:05 PM

the gas limit should be 100,000,  right?

Thanks for the question, seek4dream!

"Step 3: Make sure the amount of ETH you send suffices for your desired OAX purchase plus the
small, associated “gas” (transaction fees, our suggested minimum is 100,000).

"Note the Gas Limit is important and must be set properly to ensure the transaction is complete.
The Gas Fee slider is located in the footer on the bottom (TOP )right hand corner of MyEtherWallet
website. For contribution, adjust the slider to 60 Gwei."

Pages 5, 8 at “How-to-Contribute” Guidebook for Users:
https://www.openanx.org/en/assets/documents/openANX_User_Guide_ENU.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:54:40 PM

In MyEtherWallet wallet, I added OAX and I can see my OAX balance. However I have a few questions:

1_ Is MyEtherWallet wallet a life time service? What happens if the website goes down, or somehow it is not possible to connect to my wallet? Will it be possible to retrieve my OAX token but not via MyEtherWallet?

2_ When will OAX token be added on exchange websites like Kraken, Bittrex or Poloniex? When will it be possible to export OAX token out of MyEtherWallet?

3_ Are we (the ICO contributors) going to be registered properly by OpenANX? So at least if MyEtherWallet goes down etc. OpenANX can keep track of those who participate to the ICO..?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Thank you for the interest, evolvion!

1. What happens if your site (MEW) goes down?

"MyEtherWallet is not a web wallet. You don't have a login and nothing ever gets saved to our servers. It is simply an interface that allows you interact with the blockchain.

If MyEtherWallet.com goes down, you would have to find another way (like geth or Ethereum Wallet / Mist) to do what we are doing. But you wouldn't have to "get" your Ether out of MyEtherWallet because it's not in MyEtherWallet. It's in whatever wallet your generated via our site.

You can import your unencrypted private key and your Geth/Mist Format (encrypted) files directly into geth / Ethereum Wallet / Mist very easily now. See question #12 below."

MEW Help:
https://www.myetherwallet.com/#help

2. openANX will reveal this information once all the agreements with the exchanges will be signed and sealed.
    The tokens will be activated (making them transferable) on or about 29th of July.

3. I'll pass the question to the OAX representatives.

julfow

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:37:24 PM

Something I dont understand is the hesitancy to reply the questions about when the coin will be listed in exchanges and which ones? Will it be in big exchanges like Poloniex?

I asked the same question in slack as well to the person in charge and I always get the same reply: "As for exchange listings, unfortunately that is something I cannot discuss". But why? When others can talk about it, why can't you? It sounds shady.

bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:50:05 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 04:01:07 PM by bitvoyager

Something I dont understand is the hesitancy to reply the questions about when the coin will be listed in exchanges and which ones? Will it be in big exchanges like Poloniex?

I asked the same question in slack as well to the person in charge and I always get the same reply: "As for exchange listings, unfortunately that is something I cannot discuss". But why? When others can talk about it, why can't you? It sounds shady.

Thanks for your opinion, julfow!

The OAX foundation and its representatives don't want to speculate on this subject. I can see nothing shady in this.
As i know they are negotiating to some exchanges, but again:
"openANX will reveal this information once all the agreements with the exchanges will be signed and sealed"

btcunbranded

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:54:11 PM

Usually due to NDA's
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:00:59 PM

how can i receive my OAX token in myetherwallet?Huh

ANSWER PLEASE

add custom token and type in the parameter they supply , if they already supply

Thanks for the question, Karitra1! Thank you, georgeandy!

Step 6: View your OAX Contribution

To view your OAX contribution and balance, add OAX as a custom token in your wallet by
placing the smart contract address in the Address field, the OAX Token Symbol (OAX) in the
“Token Symbol” field and “18” in the “Decimals” field before clicking “Save”. Your OAX balance
is viewable in the “Wallet Info” section of your wallet.

“How-to-Contribute” Guidebook for Users
https://www.openanx.org/en/assets/documents/openANX_User_Guide_ENU.pdf

REMINDER

THE ETH CONTRIBUTION ADDRESS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED OR SENT VIA EMAIL, SOCIAL MEDIA OR
ANY INSTANT MESSAGING APPLICATIONS OR GROUPS. THE ETH CONTRIBUTION ADDRESS IS PROVIDED
ONLY ON WWW.OPENANX.ORG

hello, I used the parity wallet for network problems (this is the first time i used it), I sent the ether and all seem went well (this is the transaction https://etherscan.io/tx/0x4752cb062cae04072b0bc7f4bf8e21c4116e4a31571c00ab67392cef3f8899bf), but now i have a doubt, I still do not see anything in my parity balance ... I thought that parity was all automatic in the recognition of the token erc20, should I wait for the official release on 29/07 or should i set something in the parity wallet in a manner similar to the mew? Thanks in advance for reply bitvoyager
bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

hello, I used the parity wallet for network problems (this is the first time i used it), I sent the ether and all seem went well (this is the transaction https://etherscan.io/tx/0x4752cb062cae04072b0bc7f4bf8e21c4116e4a31571c00ab67392cef3f8899bf), but now i have a doubt, I still do not see anything in my parity balance ... I thought that parity was all automatic in the recognition of the token erc20, should I wait for the official release on 29/07 or should i set something in the parity wallet in a manner similar to the mew? Thanks in advance for reply bitvoyager

hello, #BiT_pOL! I passed your question to the OAX techies.
My opinion - if you'll find the possibility to create Custom Token somewhere there, you may try to do this.
I have never used Parity. So, can recommend nothing about it.
Possibly there is an option to ask Parity support.

#BiT_pOL

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:30:26 PM

hello, #BiT_pOL! I passed your question to the OAX techies.
My opinion - if you'll find the possibility to create Custom Token somewhere there, you may try to do this.
I have never used Parity. So, can recommend nothing about it.
Possibly there is an option to ask Parity support.

hi bitvoyager, I found the solution, a little complicated,triky and annoying,  but now the OAXs appear ^_^ ( not definetly , you have to query every timew but i think is a actual parity wallet limit functionality )

https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/12475/how-can-i-watch-tokens-in-parity-wallet

" To see balance of an account you should do like this:

1- Go to Contracts Tab (If it is not there enable it in Settings)
2- Click Contract you already watch or add it then choose it.
3- Under balanceOf click on address
4- click on address you want to see it's balance or enter it.
5- Click on Query
6- You can see it's balance without Decimal corrections there.
To transfer your tokens to another account you should do like this:

1- Go to Contracts Tab (If it is not there enable it in Settings)
2- Click Contract you already watch or add it then choose it.
3- Click on "execute"
4- in from account, Choose the account you want to transfer from.
5- in function to execute, choose transfer
6- in to address choose destination address.
7- in value choose the amount you want to transfer (Please pay enough attention to Decimals, Send very small amounts to be sure)
8- Click on "post transaction."

p.s.
I suggest if you want to add ( after your check or the OAX tech guys )  also these instructions to your user_guide_pdf ... I do not think I'm the only one to have had the same doubt ^ _ ^
ikm

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

I participated in the ICO, there was not much money to lose, how much will we earn in 6 months?  Grin Grin
bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:42:36 PM

hi bitvoyager, I found the solution, a little complicated,triky and annoying,  but now the OAXs appear ^_^ ( not definetly , you have to query every timew but i think is a actual parity wallet limit functionality )

https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/12475/how-can-i-watch-tokens-in-parity-wallet

p.s.
I suggest if you want to add ( after your check or the OAX tech guys )  also these instructions to your user_guide_pdf ... I do not think I'm the only one to have had the same doubt ^ _ ^

Great, #BiT_pOL! Congrats!  Smiley

#BiT_pOL

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

p.s.

Great, #BiT_pOL! Congrats!  Smiley

thankyou bitvoyager , a safer and more pratically solution  until the parity team adds the function that tokens are viewed automatically to newer version,
is that you can also add the .jason file located in the directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Parity\Ethereum\keys\ethereum ( this for win10) to MEW , here you find the .Jason file ( utc etc etc ) can you import in MEW with the corresponding password ( same of when you create thw parity wallet), and then enter the OAX custom token .... ^ _ ^, maybe this is the fastest solution ...
For tonight I think I've bored enough ... good evening ^ _ ^
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:16:35 PM

I saw mention of "1 and 2 year locked tokens".  Which tokens are those?
bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

OpenANX token sale: a secure decentralized exchange

"... OpenANX aims to be a crypto exchange platform that combines the transparency of decentralized exchanges
with the liquidity and reliability of centralized exchanges. They are essentially creating a more transparent marketplace
for fiat-crypto exchanges to compete for customers while aggregating the order books across them all to improve liquidity for all traders..."

The full Smith + Crown review:
https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/openanx/

REMINDER

THE ETH CONTRIBUTION ADDRESS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED OR SENT VIA EMAIL, SOCIAL MEDIA OR
ANY INSTANT MESSAGING APPLICATIONS OR GROUPS. THE ETH CONTRIBUTION ADDRESS IS PROVIDED
ONLY ON WWW.OPENANX.ORG

WEBSITE | WHITEPAPER | YOUTUBE | SLACK | TWITTER | MEDIUM | REDDIT | WECHAT | TELEGRAM

bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

I saw mention of "1 and 2 year locked tokens".  Which tokens are those?

Thanks for the question, bitcoinrocks!

OAX Token Sale Information Memorandum, Page 4
3. TOTAL SUPPLY AND ALLOCATION OF OAX:
https://www.openanx.org/en/assets/documents/openANX_Information_Memorandum_ENU.pdf

Thirty million (30,000,000) (30%) (the “OAX for Open Token Sale”, or “OAX for OTS”) -         To be sold during the Campaign.

Thirty million (30,000,000) (30%) (the “OAX for Additional Token Sales”, or “OAX for ATS”) - Reserved for one or more subsequent offerings to the public on later
                                                                                                                                       dates as Additional Token Sales (“ATS”), the proceeds of which will be
                                                                                                                                       deployed on system scale up and production  developments.
                                                                                                                                       These are subject to a lock-up for 1 year from Token Launch.

Twenty million (20,000,000) (20%) (the “Reserved OAX”) -                                                 To be used by the Foundation for ongoing development and promotion
                                                                                                                                       of the openANX ecosystem and fund operation costs. All of the reserved
                                                                                                                                       OAX are subject to lock-up for 2 years from Token Launch.

Twenty million (20,000,000) (20%) (the “OAX for Founding Supporters”) -                            Allocated to directors, advisors and early backers (collectively
                                                                                                                                       “Founding Supporters”) of the openANX project. 14,000,000 and
                                                                                                                                       6,000,000 of these will be subject to lock-up periods of 1 and 2 years
                                                                                                                                       from Token Launch, respectively.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:28:18 PM

OK so no lock-up period for tokens from the current ICO.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:57:17 PM

Is what ways does this project differ from Lykke?  For one, the LKK token represents equity in Lykke.
mdnajir

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:18:43 PM

im therefore glad seeing such a large amount of videos that permits member to look at that's therefore relevant to the project ans explains well the project, it's not all ico will dare to try and do this significantly in belongings the members see their faces, hear there voice, etc.
 Cry Kiss Kiss Undecided
corleto

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:37:35 PM

If this already has been asked I'm sorry.

Since token holders don't have economic rights to any profits or fees, what are reasons for people to buy the tokens, so supply/demand causes appreciation of the token?
For example how many tokens does one need to use for what exactly so demand for the token increases?

Thanks a lot in advance and good luck with completing the final bit of the ICO!
bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:58:21 PM

Is what ways does this project differ from Lykke?  For one, the LKK token represents equity in Lykke.

Funny thing! I am happy to bookmark the Lykke, bitcoinrocks.)

About differences, i'm pretty sure you can find much more than me.

I'll just leave this here, How is openANX different?:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenANX/comments/6fzxu9/how_is_openanx_different/

bitvoyager

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:42:47 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 09:26:49 PM by bitvoyager

If this already has been asked I'm sorry.

Since token holders don't have economic rights to any profits or fees, what are reasons for people to buy the tokens, so supply/demand causes appreciation of the token?
For example how many tokens does one need to use for what exactly so demand for the token increases?

Thanks a lot in advance and good luck with completing the final bit of the ICO!

Thanks for the interest to the platform and good wishes, corleto!

Yes, something like this have been discussed many times here. This just the last i found.

Thanks for the question, adu1t!

Just go to the White Paper and CTRL+F - search "token".    
You'll find a lot of interesting info.

Page 18 - 5.1 Uses of OAX Tokens

"OAX is a token that can be exchanged for memberships in the DAO and/or its association.
Members will be entitled to certain privileges, including but not limited to voting privileges
on major operational decisions relating to the openANX platform."

Most valuable information that I found there is:
Members  are  not entitled  to  any  economic  rights  of  the  Foundation  at  any  time and  Memberships  do not entitle the holder to any distribution of profits nor any claim on any assets.

Everything else is just a bla-bla-bla, voting  privileges, bla-bla-bla, voting  privileges.
Who need these voting privileges on YOUR platform for such of money? People need profit, but you sell them pure air

Agreed, what a joke. I almost invested until I realized these tokens have next to no value.

Thanks for your opinion, guys!

1. "Members  are  not entitled  to  any  economic  rights" - Yes, you are right.  OAX token holders only get privileges of the memberships they own. It is not limited to only voting, ie: third party service provider membership grants ability to be service provider. Possibly something will be changed during the development, there are a lot of forces and deep minds are involved in the process and the platform just gets its final shape.

2. "People need profit", "no value" If you want to know if you'll make money if you'll invest, it's not something that the openANX team can talk about as staff. Ultimately, if people like the project idea, and can understand it now, they could get involved. Later, when a prototype will be able obviously there'll be more interest as people will be able to see what they're getting.

You can exchange OAX once it's tradable on exchanges ( July 29, or possibly earlier if the Token Sale will end sooner)

When the OAX platform will start to work there should be the increasing demand on Token and supply will be dwindling.
"The initial number of issued OAX Tokens is 100,000,000; as there is no planned
inflation, the number of outstanding tokens would be reduced over time as activity
on the openANX platform increases"
Project Deck, Page 23: https://www.openanx.org/en/assets/documents/openANX_Project%20Deck_ENU.pdf

The team is expecting that in the case of success the user base will grow exponentially. Nobody can predict the future though.
You can read more about the Metcalfe's law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe%27s_law

The main aim of the openANX team once the Token Sale will be finished is to concentrate on building a consortium of companies and platforms to integrate,
and the team will do this with the huge passion.

Only you to decide to be involved on the early stage, or later when the working prototype will be released, or just stay an observer.  Smiley

For example how many tokens does one need to use for what exactly so demand for the token increases? -

Some answers from shadowlpb, OAX team on Slack:

"in order to join small fee, in order to get voting rights there will be a fee, to open a gateway there will be a fee. Those coins will be destroyed and there will be less in the market place"

"Tokens will be used for membership, and they will also likely be involved in ancillary services (data services, KYC services) in addition there will be a nominal fee to access the platform for first time users ( think something like the Economist Magazine's Big Mac index, which prices Big Macs around the world as indication of buying power)"

"Tokens will be used for memberships and memberships will have different levels. (An asset gateway membership will be worth more than a voting member for instance)

"In addition, as the platform makes profit from fees, above a certain level of liquidity it will activate an algorithmic buy back using funds in excess of its baseline reserve. Details of this are theoretical currently so I can't give you numbers."

You may go through the thread here, on the Slack, on Telegram, Reddit and found some answers from the OAX representatives to the same questions.

WEBSITE | WHITEPAPER | YOUTUBE | SLACK | TWITTER | MEDIUM | REDDIT | WECHAT | TELEGRAM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: