Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes  (Read 482464 times)
loremipsum (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:28:54 PM

we need to get innto others exchanges

i vote for cryptopia the best one

We are not in a hurry to get into more exchanges ATM. We want to have another update first (add support for an external miner and create a pool). CoinsMarkets is a new exchange but their volume is growing (24hr volume of 150K ATM).

But if you think you can help with another exchange, please do so Smiley

Kyo1023

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:30:11 AM

We are not in a hurry to get into more exchanges ATM. We want to have another update first (add support for an external miner and create a pool). CoinsMarkets is a new exchange but their volume is growing (24hr volume of 150K ATM).

What exchanges can I buy this coin? and how many coins do I need for a Node ?
ty
mrankin

Activity: 312
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:01:52 AM

ty

You can buy Credits on CoinsMarkets - https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-CRDS.htm

5,000 CRDS are needed as collateral to run a masternode.
soulistyce

Activity: 698
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:59:46 AM

ty

You can buy Credits on CoinsMarkets - https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-CRDS.htm

5,000 CRDS are needed as collateral to run a masternode.

few people know and use CoinMarkets...thats why almost it has no trade volume for Credits...

This coin has potential....experimental Algo....first coin to use the full potencial of Argon2d ....atractive front-end....
New way to Masternode...No Pool Miner YET capable of the full power of Argon2d...
Thats what it makes a coin to prevale...and endure for years...

but if it doesnt move to most used exchanges....if people dont stop selling for what they can get, low as they are doing right now...

Something must be done to make people look at it...
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Actually,The Coinmarkets is worst exchange what i know,we need something better.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
mrankin

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:45:39 PM

Actually,The Coinmarkets is worst exchange what i know,we need something better.

CoinsMarkets.com is what we've got right now. We are focused on developing the code for stand alone mining, some new bounty campaigns for marketing (to be announced soon) and then we'll be looking at some changes to further develop Credits. We've got a lot of things to do and in time we will be included on other exchanges I'm sure. We are working on completing the updated road map and will publish it as soon as we can. Unfortunately listing on a better exchange is not likely to be on the road map at this stage.
fleer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

I joined the sig campaign but the 75 character count per post thing is not really my style, I post complete concise thoughts without the need for long blocks of text

●                                                           Z I X X                                                           ●
[     DISCORD     ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|    Automated Shared MNs    |   80% Masternode Rewards   |    Highest "Locked %"    |
mrankin

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:38:07 PM

New bounty campaigns have been launched - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2488650
pomartin

Activity: 80
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:05:42 AM

What happened with network right about just now? Few client crashes, mined like 20 blocks per minute and then back to normal (mentioned blocks removed)
b1k4ng

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

New bounty campaigns have been launched - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2488650
it looks like this project will be an exciting development so that many can be incorporated in this project. this is a great initiative. worth to follow

mrankin

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:19:02 PM

What happened with network right about just now? Few client crashes, mined like 20 blocks per minute and then back to normal (mentioned blocks removed)
If a difficult block takes a while to be solved then the difficulty algorithm adjusts for the following blocks to ensure that there are close to 675 blocks per day. Do let's say a block hasn't been solved in an hour since the previous block, as soon as it is solved the chain will lower the difficulty to catch up on the blocks that should have been issued in that last hour.
fusionfoto

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:42:26 AM

Is it just me or are the wallet links on the crds.io website broken.. which lead to the github repository... which is missing all releases?

ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:23:13 AM

Is it just me or are the wallet links on the crds.io website broken.. which lead to the github repository... which is missing all releases?

There is a new homepage.
https://crds.co/

It links to this github
https://github.com/CRDS/Credits/releases

The original developer left and it was then taken over by new developer. The old homepage and original github is still there so it makes it confusing. But if you go to first page of this thread and click the picture you will go to the new homepage.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
mrankin

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:44:39 AM

We have published an updated roadmap for Credits - https://crds.co/roadmap.php At present our consulting developer is working on version Credits version 1.2.0 which will allow for an external miner to be used, and in turn the use of a mining pool. ETA is about 2 weeks.
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:07:28 AM

We have published an updated roadmap for Credits - https://crds.co/roadmap.php At present our consulting developer is working on version Credits version 1.2.0 which will allow for an external miner to be used, and in turn the use of a mining pool. ETA is about 2 weeks.

Great news but I have concers regarding the roadmap which mention removing PoW rewards as an alternative after voting.

How is the Community voting going to take place?
I really don't want PoW rewards to be removed. I don't beleive the coin can survive without PoW.
It is also one of the very few coins that can be mined with CPU only. So I would like to participate in the voting.
It was CPU mining that made me interested in this coin and I don't think I am the only one.

What is the reason you consider to remove PoW in the first place?
Is there no option to leave it at PoW + Masternode rewards only?
Or PoW only if removing masternodes is an alternative? I think all options would be nice in the voting.
PoS and masternodes just makes it more complicated but I can understand that masternodes may be needed to get all the functions we want in the network. I like servers and creating masternodes but I beleive some people find it complicated.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

What purpose do masternodes serve? In general I mean

They are full nodes, with static IP and a locked input as collateral.
But what is their function?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mrankin

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:02:01 PM

Great news but I have concers regarding the roadmap which mention removing PoW rewards as an alternative after voting.

How is the Community voting going to take place?
I really don't want PoW rewards to be removed. I don't beleive the coin can survive without PoW.
It is also one of the very few coins that can be mined with CPU only. So I would like to participate in the voting.
It was CPU mining that made me interested in this coin and I don't think I am the only one.

What is the reason you consider to remove PoW in the first place?
Is there no option to leave it at PoW + Masternode rewards only?
Or PoW only if removing masternodes is an alternative? I think all options would be nice in the voting.
PoS and masternodes just makes it more complicated but I can understand that masternodes may be needed to get all the functions we want in the network. I like servers and creating masternodes but I beleive some people find it complicated.

The vote will be a poll which will be posted in the #polls channel of the Credits Discord. I appreciate your opinion and ask that you cast your vote accordingly when the poll is opened.

The reason for considering the change it to make Credits more environmentally friendly as all mining uses quite a lot of power. There will be an option in the poll to leave the current PoS+MN reward system in place.

What purpose do masternodes serve? In general I mean

They are full nodes, with static IP and a locked input as collateral.
But what is their function?

Masternodes are indeed full nodes. They provide high availability to the Credits network and allow Instant transactions to take place. In future they will be given more functionality as the code is developed further. The reward structure is designed to encourage more masternodes on the network which serves to better strengthen the network.
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:32:02 PM

WTB 45000 @ $0.01

PM
LiviuTM

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:36:18 AM

AFAIK it's under investigation. Was a general crash, both wallets and masternodes were shut down.
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:00:38 PM

One doubt, a few months ago had the bounty twitter campaign, and it seems that something had happened with the project, who participated in the campaign received the tokens?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: