Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Religions die?  (Read 20280 times)
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:23:07 PM

As I see all these comments attack the OP for his statements, which are rather negative about religions...

First, I must say that I'm an atheïst. I like science and I'm absolutely not even close to being able to believe in God or whatever.. I accept others believing in it, but there is not a single way that I could be put into a religion.
Now, let's get on with my opinion:

Ofcourse, religions have inspired people to do great things! They helped people have courage! They did this and that! AWESOME!
But are you sure that we still need religions? I think most of the universe can now be explained with science, logic and any other means and the remaining mysteries aren't far from being solved. Only the "where did the universe come from will remain a mystery for a long while, but I haven't seen a single religion with a better explanation than what science can currently offer. That's why believing in god is no longer needed.
The inspiration people are getting from religions also don't have that much use anymore... If you can counter-act this argument, please reply with an important invention, thought, or anything that we (can) use everyday, which has been RECENTLY thought of, with the help of religion?
Hard, isn't it?

Anyways, I'd like to state that the negative effects of religion are seen everyday on the news... IS is probably the biggest religion-problem around right now, but there have been many religions causing problems in the past. Think of the medieval age... Many scientists.. Possible break-throughs... They were stopped by the church.. Think of what we could've done in those hundreds of years that the church stopped any kind of scientific break-through, just because the belief in the religion could be damaged?

Religions have caused a lot of trouble in the past, are still doing that today and will keep doing that in the future.

There's not a thing without both its positives and negatives, but now the negatives are growing bigger than the positives, I think we, as humanity, should decide to stop supporting religions. Believing in God?
Sad, but acceptable. Not everyone wants to believe in the "I die, I nothing" story. I'd understand that.. But it doesn't change anything to the fact that religions have negative effects on our daily lives.

That's a quick summary of my opinion.

Regards,
Trump

PS: Feel free to discuss this matter with me, either on this thread or the next. (sry, had to do that Tongue Anyways, for discussions, feel free to PM me! Questions are welcome too)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:30:01 AM

Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

I'm sure they will end. They won't last forever. But how will they end?

Which could the scenario that leads to their disappearance?
I think as there is people who believed in God religions will not going to disappear, it will only be gone if end of the world
comes and everything in this world will be vanish.
rahmat92

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:47:19 AM

A study that uses population census data from nine countries shows religion will die.

The data rehabilitates the number of people who have no affiliation.

The research method used to calculate the influence between the number of respondents, religion, and social motives behind why people do not have religious affiliation.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:27:38 AM

Religions made a lot of damage to human beings and our world in general. I'm not talking only about Islam, but every kind of religion, more or less, caused lots of problems.

For that question. I think religion will not die, why? Nowadays religion is still spreading like a sand  on the shore they teach their beliefs and faith that every person joining in their religion become safe and have an everlasting life after they die. Religion will not die instead many of them are appear like a mushroom after lightning and thunder storm. Some of religion are business putting big structure like church and encourage their member to donate a money and they teach once you give big to the house of religion you will receive blessing from heaven. In that case scenario?!, its pathetic. Instead, stop thinking religion will end.
Danu26

Activity: 273
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:28:24 AM

Another debate whether God exist or not like that.  Only reason for religion to make disappear if humans extinct.  There is no way yhat religion wouod disappear.  Yes you are right yhat sometimes religions causes the differences of ideals and what should people should believe in.  But at the end, some people helps us because of their religion.
Yes I also think so.
religion will die.

I think religion will die if humanity is extinct.

All religions create peace.
But because of religious differences make the war of some religions.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

Before I say what I want to say, I'll just have to tell you that people is ruining their own world, not their respective religions, and I don't think that religions would die, it's possible if their faith fade, but I think that wouls never happen.

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
Jomaica

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

I don't think religion will die because it's already there from the very start, religion is like the show business industry it will never die. Religion is good for health anyway so, it will stick until the end.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:58:26 PM

When we grow up and quit acting like spoiled children.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:07:29 PM

I don't think religion will die because it's already there from the very start, religion is like the show business industry it will never die. Religion is good for health anyway so, it will stick until the end.
Yes religion was there, i mean in the past and there we agree. But i am not sure if i understand right, what did you mean when you said religion is good for our health. How is that religion is good for our health, i know some religious people who do not support medicine and doctors because of religion. I have heard of one man who forbid transfusion of blood for his daughter, because he thought that transfusion is a sin... there are a lot of cases that religion is not very good for peoples health.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:06:23 PM

First, people made a lot of damage, not religion.
Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc.
They even opened the hospitals, schools, started charities...
Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever.

.I am greatly touched by this reply, and i really salute you for saying that one. It has really the sense and the point on why religions are imbalanced and unfair. People nowadays mistakenly worshipping their religion instead of worshipping God, religion also is one of the factors of discrimination and even serves as racist and thats what people believes.
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:20:47 PM

You must wait until the Day of Judgment to see the death of the world's religion. Because when the apocalypse occurs, people in the world no one is religious. There is no religious person. That is why day by day the religious people in the world are diminishing and those who do not believe in religion more and more.
minizi99

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:58:40 PM

You must wait until the Day of Judgment to see the death of the world's religion. Because when the apocalypse occurs, people in the world no one is religious. There is no religious person. That is why day by day the religious people in the world are diminishing and those who do not believe in religion more and more.

Is it bad? People are freed from the power of church rulers. They are more conscious about their life and their destiny. Every religion sooner or later will die
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:02:11 PM

Is it bad? People are freed from the power of church rulers. They are more conscious about their life and their destiny. Every religion sooner or later will die
Sooner or later indeed, but first the world needs to surpass the ignorance to really become free from religion, truth will always be the best religion.

Unknown Enforcement

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:03:55 PM

Religion will never die its part of the humanity. look at this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2385958/Religion-disappear-2041-people-replaced-God-possessions-claims-leading-psychologist.html
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:03:25 PM

Probably when humanity gets smarter. But I don't think that will be anytime soon, since it's easier than ever for lower IQ people to have multiple with out much planning and survive. Where in the past, intelligence gave you a higher chance of passing down your genes.
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:06:21 PM

First, people made a lot of damage, not religion.
Second, a lot people, inspired by faith, did many great things for humanity like serving the poor, ill, homeless people etc.
They even opened the hospitals, schools, started charities...
Lastly, if man created religion, it will disappear.
If God created religion, it will last forever.

A lot of people not inspired by religion do a lot of good things. The vast majority probably. So without religion that wouldn't stop. With religion you also get things like ISIS, the crusades, and lots of other bad things.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:35:38 PM

Probably when humanity gets smarter. But I don't think that will be anytime soon, since it's easier than ever for lower IQ people to have multiple with out much planning and survive. Where in the past, intelligence gave you a higher chance of passing down your genes.

It will likely continue for a VERY long time.  Religion is part of culture in many places still, so it will take global integration to see that.  It's already very tough to be religious in multicultural places, because it's not the "norm".

Religion, along with many things, requires subscribership to continue.  As soon as there aren't enough subscribers, they die off, and are sometimes replaced with something else.

The other side of things is that some religions function as a business and have a revenue motive (like Christianity), while others like Buddhism don't.  So there is at times a business interest to continue to operations.
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

You do not seem to understand what I'm saying. Tell me which one you do not understand ?! Should I shorten? Ok, in short is, if religion dies, then the apocalypse is happening, is it clear? If it's still unclear, I do not know how else to explain it, so hope it's clear to you and help you.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:06:30 AM

religion is good if it is used in doing good deeds. but if the administration is using it for personal or political it is not the true church. there is a true caring church that would lead people in godliness. we only find it. i think religions will not die beacause many use it in there own purpose.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
valiantintel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:18:16 AM

Not trying to sound rude, but it's logic: never. Peeps always need to believe in something apart they can see or feel, i mean something beyond our senses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: