Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61348 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:00:09 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 03:17:28 PM by verymuchso

Experimental fully-functional MAC OSX desktop wallet.

is there a wallet for mac or only win and linux? staking only possible with local wallet i guess, not the web version?

We have an experimental MAC OS build now!! Its fully functional including possibility of mining blocks.
We are in the process of obtaining official developer status and can thus not yet publish the wallet to the app store.

Please make sure that in order to run the HEAT server you need Java SDK version installed on your Mac.

To install Java SDK on your Mac look here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

No doubt in newer versions of OSX (which I dont have currently) there will be some warnings about the wallet not being officially signed, as said thats because we are still in the process of signing up in Apple's developer program.

Please report your findings and let us know if it works for you!

Thanks

Download MAC OSX Wallet here:
http s://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases/download/v2.2.0/Heatwallet_MacOS_2.2.0.EXPERIMENTAL.zip

Update - this time with working Cut/Copy/Paste
https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases/download/v2.2.0/Heatwallet_MacOS_2.2.0.EXPERIMENTAL.CONTEXT-MENU-FIXED.zip

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
verymuchso

Activity: 421

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

Is reward going to the one leasing their balance to someone else automatically?

Reward always goes to account that forges a block. By leasing balances to an account you increase its chances of forging a block.

Do they need party B's permission to lease their balance to party B?

You dont need permission to lease to an account

Or do I just pick random staker and throw my lease that way?

You should lease to your own account or in case it is not your account you should be compensated for leasing your balance.

dgmon

Activity: 438

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:08:33 PM

This coin is apparently being delisted from C-Cex on 7th November unless sufficient volume is achieved.
tetra

Activity: 471

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:17:20 AM

Seems we are reaching my target of 500-1000 Satoshis Smiley

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:34:14 AM

Those who are currently forging, would they be able to act like the delegates do in lisk and have users lease their balance in exchange for rewards?

Does the wallet show which leased balance each reward belongs to or would the forgers have to do it either manually or via a script?
Crapsy

Activity: 465

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:26:07 AM

Those who are currently forging, would they be able to act like the delegates do in lisk and have users lease their balance in exchange for rewards?

Does the wallet show which leased balance each reward belongs to or would the forgers have to do it either manually or via a script?

Pool payouts have to be handled manually or via script.

Now HEAT is cheap! Welcome new investors, you are getting a nice chance to hop cheap on board.
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:43:20 AM

It seems like Heat has nearly no community and it is not listed on any serious exchange. Its a nice project but even good ideas die out this way. Maybe its time for some marketing.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:09:01 AM

It seems like Heat has nearly no community and it is not listed on any serious exchange. Its a nice project but even good ideas die out this way. Maybe its time for some marketing.

Agreed, we are all waiting for the effort to begin. The Q4 will be packed with goodies so a good campaign would be appreciated.
airgonomike

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:56:06 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 10:17:17 AM by airgonomike

Eliphaz,

There's a growing discussion on Slack about the Cryptopia listing.
Could Heat Ledger confirm with proofs that the listing request has been paid to Cryptopia like it's been announced on Slack weeks ago?

The cryptopia threada on the matter doesn't show any activity since 21 August 2017 which contradicts your claim that there's been any official communication between you and them:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/2128?postId=11213

Your last post on Slack from September 12th:

Cryptopia; "Your coin is one of few the coins that requires us to write custom interface code for your wallet. We are happy to do this and would love to list your coin, but we have been stuck waiting for some development resources to free up. I have re-arranged things and freed up a developer to look into your coin, hopefully they will be able to provide an update by this time next week. We have also raised the price of a listing on paytopia to 5 million dot (about 10 BTC) to slow the flood of new listings coming in."

There was earlier some public nitpicking about "excuses" for non-listing on exchanges finding HEAT harder to integrate, raising the barrier of entry. Nothing of importance, but interesting too see this recent cryptopia reply confirms that hunch.

Posted in #generalSep 12th at 10:06 AM

There is a growing doubt on this listing request and overall follow up from you so it would be great to clarify.
When was the paiment made to Cryptopia, from which Bitcoin address, etc? That'd be a start for a proof.
Why are you not pushing on with Cryptopia or asking more details about the delay?

Thanks.

Leshka83

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:57:37 AM

Bceм дoбpый дeнь!
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:01:03 AM

Eliphaz,

Could Heat Ledger confirm with proofs that the listing request has been paid to Cryptopia like it's been announced on Slack weeks ago?

The cryptopia threada on the matter doesn't show any activity since 21 August 2017 which contradicts your claim that there's been any official communication between you and them:

Cryptopia; "Your coin is one of few the coins that requires us to write custom interface code for your wallet. We are happy to do this and would love to list your coin, but we have been stuck waiting for some development resources to free up. I have re-arranged things and freed up a developer to look into your coin, hopefully they will be able to provide an update by this time next week. We have also raised the price of a listing on paytopia to 5 million dot (about 10 BTC) to slow the flood of new listings coming in."

There was earlier some public nitpicking about "excuses" for non-listing on exchanges finding HEAT harder to integrate, raising the barrier of entry. Nothing of importance, but interesting too see this recent cryptopia reply confirms that hunch.

There is a growing doubt on this listing request and overall follow up from you so it would be great to clarify.
When was the paiment made to Cryptopia, from which Bitcoin address, etc? That's be a start of proof.
Why are you not pushing on with Cryptopia or asking more details about the delay?

Thanks.

I hope we will not have an exchange. 10 btc for craptopia? NOT WORTH IT! Let's wait until decentralized exchanges get more traction. Supernet is involved with heat, I am sure we will be listed on barterdex for free. I honestly don't mind waiting, these centralized exchanges are greedy and eventually delist anyway.

airgonomike

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:20:32 AM

Eliphaz,

When was the paiment made to Cryptopia, from which Bitcoin address, etc? That's be a start of proof.

Thanks.

I hope we will not have an exchange. 10 btc for craptopia? NOT WORTH IT! Let's wait until decentralized exchanges get more traction. Supernet is involved with heat, I am sure we will be listed on barterdex for free. I honestly don't mind waiting, these centralized exchanges are greedy and eventually delist anyway.

The point is to get proofs that the actions claimed to be done are actually done. It's okay to ask for proofs.
Nothing more.
I personally don't care about the listing.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:40:54 AM

There may be all kinds of doubt, however I don't follow what sense it would make to give out misleading info about Cryptopia listing. They don't naturally communicate private, even confidential integration info over their public forum but email, no controversy whatsoever there.

The last I heard was from Cryptopia's staff member Tom on Oct 16th, where he stated Heat is nearly ready to be listed and they have encountered one issue with decrypting private messages preventing completion. I advised them about it and haven't heard back since, just sent a reminder email like I have done previously. I understand they take all the time they require and we're hands full of business daily anyway and can't be pushing such issues of lower priority when the ball resides on their court.

To purchase the top marketing package and listing with their dotcoin as required, 1.5 BTC was deposited to cryptopia from one of our master accounts on Aug 15th https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/e794af101d4931e637ad799e3b437fe920284e02c91dbaf3dd7166f19a770883

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:49:33 PM

Pool payouts have to be handled manually or via script.

Now HEAT is cheap! Welcome new investors, you are getting a nice chance to hop cheap on board.

Ok so basically have a subscriber database where people leasing their balance would sign up for and then verify that their account is what they claim to be.
VonGraff

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:35:33 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 04:42:58 PM by VonGraff

New HEAT forging pool, no fees! - In short:
  • New (small) forging pool, based on a server which is already running to which I have leased my own stake as well
  • No fees for withdrawal, I consider this a service to our community and will hopefully benefit from more stable forging myself
  • Currently manual checking of your stake, and calculation of the forging rewards is based on calendar days at the moment, not specific blocks (but working on that, does not matter that much unless you are trading a lot...)
  • Withdrawals are always possible, just send me a message from your heat account in the heat wallet of your choice, and I will send your rewards according to my calculation -0.01 HEAT for the transaction fee, aiming for sending it within 24hrs

I have removed the instructions on how to join the pool, as from now on you can point your browser to https://heatpool.org and find all the information related to the pool!  Cool

Disclaimer: If whatever in my way of working is not to your liking (like the manual calculation for example), then either help me out to improve it OR just don't join the forging pool. I just want to give small (or large, could also be done of course) holders the chance to increase their amount of HEAT by joining my pool!

Any further discussions in detail on my initiative can also be done at the Heatledger forum: http://heatledger.net/index.php?topic=138.0
OrgiOrg

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:02:33 AM

Lease you HEAT to:  1842674054425679153

***** OFFER TILL THE END OF 2017 *****

! 0% fee ... payouts will be done automatically in the first week of 2018 !

Just 1% fee for keeping server online and manage funds

To claim your earnings, simply send a message via HEAT wallet to the pool account 9634482525377050118 and after this message has 1440 comfirmations, your confirmed earnings will be sent to you, minus 1% management fee + heat standard fee.

Happy Earnings!
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:04:05 AM

New HEAT forging pool, no fees! - In short:
  • New (small) forging pool, based on a server which is already running to which I have leased my own stake as well
  • No fees for withdrawal, I consider this a service to our community and will hopefully benefit from more stable forging myself
  • Currently manual checking of your stake, and calculation of the forging rewards is based on calendar days at the moment, not specific blocks (but working on that, does not matter that much unless you are trading a lot...)
  • Withdrawals are always possible, just send me a message from your heat account in the heat wallet of your choice, and I will send your rewards according to my calculation -0.01 HEAT for the transaction fee, aiming for sending it within 24hrs

How to get started
  • Use the top-right "hamburger" menu to select "lease balance"
  • As recipient use 7210663383474895503
  • Choose a period of blocks, with a minimum of 1440 and a maximum of 300000. This will define the leasing period, with 1440 being approx. 1 day of leasing
  • Click on "send" and you're all set!
  • You can repeat this action to define a follow-up leasing period, which means that automatically your new lease will start when the current one is over
  • For a withdrawal, send a message to the heat forging pool account in the HEAT wallet, I will not work on automatic payments

Once you have started leasing, you can check for the account at https://heatwallet.com/#/explorer-account/7210663383474895503/lessors. You will first see the lease being shown as a transaction. Once the 1440 blocks have been passed, you can find the lease back on the lessors tab. I will take a daily snapshot of that page to define the stake per account, in the morning. Currently there are already 4 lessors, 1 being myself and another one being a friend of mine. So far after the fork we've managed to get between 0 and 3 blocks per day.

How account leasing works in HEAT
  • After you finished the previous actions, it takes 1440 blocks for the leasing to become active
  • Once active, YOUR balance is being virtually added to the forging pool account's so-called EFFECTIVE balance. This will be the stake of the pool during forging and a higher stake means a higher chance of forging blocks
  • Whenever a block has been forged, it will be added to the forging pool account. Using a manual calculation (of which I am the owner, and I will think of the best way to share this in a view-only but regularly updated file somewhere, like on dropbox) YOUR stake within the total pool stake will define the % of your contribution to the reward (which is currently 8 blocks). So if you have a 50% stake in the pool, you will get a 4 HEAT reward in the Excel-file
  • When you decide that you want your reward being paid out, send me a message in the heat wallet to the forging pool account, and I will pay your rewards -0.01 HEAT for the transaction.
  • Note that for the time being I am calculating your stake on a day-to-day basis (e.g. every morning your stake is defined), not on a per-block basis. This could imply a minor deviation in rewards if you are a regular trader, as trading has an immediate effect on your stake in case of selling. Depending on when your lease starts and ends, this could also mean that you will be either Lucky or less Lucky on the start/end days as a consequence

Disclaimer: If whatever in my way of working is not to your liking (like the manual calculation for example), then either help me out to improve it OR just don't join the forging pool. I just want to give small (or large, could also be done of course) holders the chance to increase their amount of HEAT by joining my pool!

Any further discussions in detail on my initiative can also be done at the Heatledger forum: http://heatledger.net/index.php?topic=138.0

Nice initiative! A manual forging pool has tons of work in it but I like the idea that you are giving the chance for others to enjoy forging as well Smiley Kudos.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:52:04 PM

Experimental fully-functional MAC OSX desktop wallet.

is there a wallet for mac or only win and linux? staking only possible with local wallet i guess, not the web version?

We have an experimental MAC OS build now!! Its fully functional including possibility of mining blocks.
We are in the process of obtaining official developer status and can thus not yet publish the wallet to the app store.

Please make sure that in order to run the HEAT server you need Java SDK version installed on your Mac.

To install Java SDK on your Mac look here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

No doubt in newer versions of OSX (which I dont have currently) there will be some warnings about the wallet not being officially signed, as said thats because we are still in the process of signing up in Apple's developer program.

Please report your findings and let us know if it works for you!

Thanks

Download MAC OSX Wallet here:
http s://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases/download/v2.2.0/Heatwallet_MacOS_2.2.0.EXPERIMENTAL.zip

Update - this time with working Cut/Copy/Paste
https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases/download/v2.2.0/Heatwallet_MacOS_2.2.0.EXPERIMENTAL.CONTEXT-MENU-FIXED.zip

Is there a link to "how to mine heat" anywhere, thought I would give it a go tried start server which doesn't do anything I guess it isn't as simple as that.

Bitrated user: Mick.
execidris

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:40:39 PM

Finally something of my interest.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:21:11 PM

I need to claim my ICO coins.  Could you please do this now?  It's not terribly much to claim.  I've sent you all the info in PM.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: