Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
genesis53

Activity: 522
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:43:55 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 08:37:43 AM by genesis53

I don't think bitcoin could replace by any cryptocurrency as the top one because almost all cryptos now are almost clone of bitcoin. They may have better features and applications than bitcoin but all are based on bitcoin's decentralized open-source blockchain technology which is bitcoin is the original creator.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:37:06 AM

For now Bitcoin is irreplaceable because of the current market value i doubt that any coin can reach the same value as Bitcoin. It will only be replaced if investors will fully support a coin that they would think that could replaced bitcoin. But for now its really impossible.

LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:28:09 AM

Well it's hard to predict what will happennext but those digital coins has a potential next to bitcoin but it's difficult to replace bitcoin so easily because what bitcoin done so far is hard to surpass.
Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:54:11 AM

maybe, but in my opinion the odds are very small, bitcoin has become the highest and it will be very difficult to compete, but nothing is impossible, we wait, hope there is a rival but no more great than bitcoin

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Lhanofclover

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:16:15 PM

As of the moment i don't think some altcoins can overtake bitcoin because bitcoin now is well established and it has a lot of supporters and investors. I agree too that it's impossible for some coins now to reach it's price and support but who knows in the future there is one altcoin that will follow the path of bitcoin in terms of price.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:34:28 PM

As of the moment i don't think some altcoins can overtake bitcoin because bitcoin now is well established and it has a lot of supporters and investors. I agree too that it's impossible for some coins now to reach it's price and support but who knows in the future there is one altcoin that will follow the path of bitcoin in terms of price.
Yes for me there is no altcoin can replace bitcoin, these days bitcoin is marked as strong cryptocurrency. No altcoin can beat it the price is continues to high. Many had support on bitcoin so it is impossible other altcoin to take place.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:52:57 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
No one can replace it because people now want to invest more in bitcoin because this is very popular now and it become more popular by the next year so i think even after 100 years bitcoin will never replace by anyone cryptocurrency because bitcoin is the best digital currency.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:06:22 PM

theoretically this is possible someday, but at the moment there is no such strong and expensive currency so that it could compete with bitcoin
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
No one can replace it because people now want to invest more in bitcoin because this is very popular now and it become more popular by the next year so i think even after 100 years bitcoin will never replace by anyone cryptocurrency because bitcoin is the best digital currency.
Why not? I doubt the technology and the growth of Bitcoin.
The Bitcoin technology is only blockchain, but for now, Ripple has passed Bitcoin to become the blockchain technology for payment in Japan and Korea.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
deejayce48

Activity: 185

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:28:37 PM

This topic has been topic ever since. When you analyze, there are a lot of coins that are more improved than Bitcoin. Me too I am also thinking about what coin has the possibility that could replaced Bitcoin. Two coins that I knew that have the possibility to replace Bitcoin, these are Ethereum and Iota.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:39:10 AM

I think it might become a gold standard. Not for every day payments but for savings and value assessment
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:02:48 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 01:21:01 AM by andrei56

in the near future may be not but in the far future it sure happened
new thing always replace old thing that nature rules
New things do not always replace old things that is not a rule, look at some animals that have not changed and have been around for hundreds of millions of years, those animals were so well designed they can survive almost anything and the same can be said about bitcoin.
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:31:12 AM

Yes for me there is no altcoin can replace bitcoin, these days bitcoin is marked as strong cryptocurrency. No altcoin can beat it the price is continues to high. Many had support on bitcoin so it is impossible other altcoin to take place.
for now is nothing altcoins will replace bitcoin , but someday i think can because bitcoin is to old and be gold , more technology adopted by other currency will can replace bitcoin but i still support bitcoin can be a popular and always popular in the future.
altcoins is hard to replace bitcoin but i guess sometimes altcoins will can do it.
there is have possible for altcoins , but is so hard because bitcoin is most popular and legalized coin in some country , with a lot supporter.
i dont care about altcoins will replace bitcoin or not , but i hope altcoins will can have a good place like bitcoin too.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Wildwest

Activity: 1774
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:35:29 AM

It's difficult i think if we see the popularity of Bitcoin, this currency ncreasingly known by people around the world and people are interested in using Bitcoin as an investment or another. The value is bigger than any cryptocurrency, no doubt that Bitcoin can not be replaced although many issues are facing this currency.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
darewaller

Activity: 2842
Merit: 639

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:44:40 AM

For now Bitcoin is irreplaceable because of the current market value i doubt that any coin can reach the same value as Bitcoin. It will only be replaced if investors will fully support a coin that they would think that could replaced bitcoin. But for now its really impossible.
That’s true, as of now, bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency in the market and can’t be replaced by any. But that doesn’t mean it will remain that same position forever, one day, another cryptocurrency will still emerge as the best. A day may come when investors might decide to take another route, and as of now, everyone is kind showing interest in Litecoin, cause it’s quite fast for making transactions and the price has moved up to a certain high level.

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:21:04 AM

Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currencies. Bitcoin will not be replaced because it is more than a coin, it is a lifestyle, it is a dream, it is a hope for the future economy.
Many Altcoins will have a huge importance on crypto economy, but will never replace bitcoin.
I don’t think so any other crypto replaced bitcoin and I think a lot of crypto have replaced by bitcoin so I think bitcoin is very stable and strong with high price in market and also there is a very big support to bitcoin by some rich countries so there is no chance of any other crypto to replace bitcoin and if there is any crypto in market so I think that crypto must be strong same like bitcoin and I’m sure there is no crypto left in market to replaced bitcoin.
ruchi85

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:24:02 AM

quite possibly yes. Ethereum is a strong contender. Bitcoin is slow and cumbersome, and there's a little bit of bureaucracy surrounding bitcoin, which doesn't help its cause. LTC is another strong contender in my opinion. 

▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:25:51 AM

Of course it can, there are a lot of crypto with better features than bitcoin. Bitcoin is only a speculative asset right now with its currency function almost gone because of the high fee etc, other crypto can provide cheaper fee and faster transaction time to act as a currency.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Krishan_94

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:32:19 AM

Very soon we would be able to see a btc crash ... This year bubble would explode very soon.. By that time, bit coin cash or Etherum would take the place of btc ... But for sure, btc would get back again after its crash very soon..
curv1991

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:35:00 AM

Yeah absolutely it can be if the development team choose the wrong path for bitcoin . It could lead Bitcoin to the fallen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: