Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:55:31 AM

Maybe there are tons of crypto currency right now maybe one of them could replace bitcoin.
Maybe in the future there would be a crypto currency that would take over the place of bitcoin and become the number one crypto currency.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:13:30 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Well in my opinion, yes there a chance that maybe bitcoin will be replace by another coin in the future.
But I think it takes a long period time before that happen.
And I think that will be happen that means bitcoin is dead.
Because I believe that in time bitcoin will improve, and be better than before.
Everycoin has a chance to improve, even bitcoin can be better and remain on top.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:35:19 PM

Probably, and ethereum is the main candidate; but bitcoin is very strong branded, so I don't thik there will be any replacement in the next future.

nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:55:41 PM

Looking at the exchange rate at the moment, I believe Bitcoin will never exceed the $ 20,000 mark due to its shortcomings and limitations. The future of the cryptocurrency market is that ETH will replace Bitcoin because of most of the altcoins, as well as the ICO, have the same network as ETH. So Bitcoin will be replaced by ETH in the future seems to happen.

suryapro

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM

Looking at the exchange rate at the moment, I believe Bitcoin will never exceed the $ 20,000 mark due to its shortcomings and limitations. The future of the cryptocurrency market is that ETH will replace Bitcoin because of most of the altcoins, as well as the ICO, have the same network as ETH. So Bitcoin will be replaced by ETH in the future seems to happen.
I do not agree with you ... ETH or another altcoin, will never replace bitcoin ,, because bitcoin is very strong and will not wobble .. ETH or other altcoin will always be under bitcoin ,,

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:22:21 AM

I'm sure 90% of users here believe that it's impossible to replace bitcoin with another coin, but I have to say that everything can happen, for example, like Ethereum that keeps showing good performance and lots of big companies that support ETH.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:01:24 AM

I'm sure 90% of users here believe that it's impossible to replace bitcoin with another coin, but I have to say that everything can happen, for example, like Ethereum that keeps showing good performance and lots of big companies that support ETH.
Well, for now, it seems impossible for any of the competitors to replace bitcoin since the currency had gathered a lot of popularity and attracted many all across the globe. All of its sudden hike had outdistanced the rest of its competitors which made it quite impossible for anyone to beat this currency. The currency could only be replaced if a more powerful and stronger contestant enters the market or people starts supporting its rival currencies. But till then I believe bitcoin will be going to retain its charm and that for quite long...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:10:48 AM

Maybe, we never know some crypto currencies may come up with better features to compete bitcoins.

Prince786

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:00:45 AM

Although it is not possible now, it should be in the near future. It is not possible now because there is no strong currency from Bitcoin. According to the price it comes from all. But the bad news is that the price increases and decreases.
choisunam

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:13:20 AM

There is no precise prediction. Forks have destroyed the trust of many people. But clearly BTC remains a king now and for the future.
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

In this world of cryptocurrency anything is possible to happen. Even by now it's hard to say what alts can surpass btc achievement when it to market capitalization and when it will happen, we don't know we just find ourselves someday regretting not believing in that one alts that has already huge value that bitcoin before.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:47:51 PM

In this world of cryptocurrency anything is possible to happen. Even by now it's hard to say what alts can surpass btc achievement when it to market capitalization and when it will happen, we don't know we just find ourselves someday regretting not believing in that one alts that has already huge value that bitcoin before.
Anything can happen in this world.Either bitcoin can rule the market or it can be replaced by another cryptocurrency.But seeing the current position of Bitcoin in the market,we can say that it is very difficult for any other cryptocurrency to overtake Bitcoin.Bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency now and it has established its roots very well.From the last 9 years it has attained new height.More and more people are now enrolling themselves in Bitcoin as a profit margin is very large and more than any other cryptocurrency.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

We'll see. bitcoin has a strong brand, but also well known structural problem.
And at present is useless as currency, due to high fees and long processing time.
The problems you are talking about are not only with bitcoin. Many other crypto currencies are subjected to these issues and this is because of their high demands. Transactions are taking time because too many people are now doing transactions at the same time.

I am sure these issues will be resolved soon but that does not mean you can use such a rude word ‘useless’ for bitcoin when it is the most expensive currency.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:09:48 PM

We'll see. bitcoin has a strong brand, but also well known structural problem.
And at present is useless as currency, due to high fees and long processing time.
The problems you are talking about are not only with bitcoin. Many other crypto currencies are subjected to these issues and this is because of their high demands. Transactions are taking time because too many people are now doing transactions at the same time.

I am sure these issues will be resolved soon but that does not mean you can use such a rude word ‘useless’ for bitcoin when it is the most expensive currency.
It is on the issue of which cryptocurrency can mining.
Ripple does not have this problem, so, when I know Ripple can use for payment within short time confirmation my hash, I always use it instead of Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:16:29 PM

I predict that crypto can replace Bitcoin in the future, it is definitely Ethereum, as this crypto overcomes many of the disadvantages Bitcoin is facing. In addition, all of the existing altcoins on the trading floor have a network of links to Ethereum, so transaction fees will be cheaper than Bitcoin trading. I hope ETH will replace Bitcoin as the # 1 currency in the market.

mikeprimia

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:44:25 PM

I predict that crypto can replace Bitcoin in the future, it is definitely Ethereum, as this crypto overcomes many of the disadvantages Bitcoin is facing. In addition, all of the existing altcoins on the trading floor have a network of links to Ethereum, so transaction fees will be cheaper than Bitcoin trading. I hope ETH will replace Bitcoin as the # 1 currency in the market.
Bitcoin is actually a cryptocurrency in my knowledges so the other cryptocurrency which want to replace it have to be very potiental, have solutions for what bitcoin is missing to replace it.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:55:47 PM

As of today no altcoin can replace bitcoin most of the people only know about bitcoin and half of them knows that there are altcoins, we use bitcoin yo trade so as long as we keep using bitcoin then it will ever be replaced it will always be number one not unless if we the community of bitcoin will decide that bitcoin is no longer useable and look for another coin.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:06:19 PM

It's possible but it require some time since bitcoin are the first and in order to take the first place, they need extra trust and extra advantage so it can compare on bitcoin. It's only a matter of time since many people start build their own advantage to be the best cryptocurrency that ever exist
I agree that it takes time before a something like an other form of crypto currency to established a new form of currency on a specific type of transactions and in the platform of trading. I think most of people want to trust  a trusted cryptocurreny like Bitcoin rather to start a new one so it definitely need time for people to have or consider another cryptocurreny to replaced Bitcoin.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:48:28 PM

The current difference between bitcoin and Ethereum is about 47% when, a year ago the difference was more than 500%, that means Ethereum showed a significant increase and the chance to beat bitcoin.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
m1c0

Activity: 148
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:21:52 PM

it's hard to predict if bitcoin will stay #1 cryptocurrency for the next years but I guess ethereum will make faster gains this year in terms of marketcap making them very close to each other.
And as some others already mentioned it will take time for other cryptos to develope and establish and by that time bitcoin will also make steps in dev and publicity
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: