Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

It is impossible for ethereum to take over bitcoins because altcoins is just created in order for bitcoins to have a competitor in the market and those investor will have a variety of choice if they cannot afford to invest on bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abutingting

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:50:52 AM

I am quite sure that Bitcoin will still hold the number one position of it all. The newly arising crypto currencies are just part of a marketing strategies for other to choose if they didn't afford to invest on bitcoin at least they could be their second choice. Or what possibly happen is some will be number one but not for long it will just be a part of play of rising and falling of bitcoin's story. 
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:55:03 PM

Bitcoin will lead the charts of cryptocurrencies for some years. But the day will come when bitcoin will not be number one anymore. Its just a question of time. Because bitcoin is technically totally old, and when the community is not ready to update the blockchain technology, it can not keep up with newer cryptocurrencies. So maybe they will update the coin so hard it can handle more transaction in less time, which will be needed to handle the payments worldwide.
What you're talking about old is bitcoin, the reason why it is old because it is the foundation of cryptocurrencies, it is the first ever crypto that is why it has always been on top of all other cryptocurrencies. If they will enhance the technology of bitcoin like everything that is emerging from the market now a days I guess it will be forever on top but if not I guess it might be surpassed by newer technologies.
The fact, the Bitcoin devs do not have same idea to improve the Bitcoin system. This is the biggest problem to develop anything. Difference idea made the Bitcoin devs split to other projects. Bitcoin Cash is one of the example to prove the dissolution internally.
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:35:56 AM

I am quite sure that Bitcoin will still hold the number one position of it all. The newly arising crypto currencies are just part of a marketing strategies for other to choose if they didn't afford to invest on bitcoin at least they could be their second choice. Or what possibly happen is some will be number one but not for long it will just be a part of play of rising and falling of bitcoin's story. 
I believe that bitcoin will be number one for so long because bitcoinwas very helpful to many people in gaining and earning so much money.And bitcoin has helped so many people and will be helping so many people.
sakib.bro

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

i don't believe in ethereum
it may have the strength to rise but it cant beat bitcoin
may it will go high as 6k-7k dollar but
the more it rise the more it will fall
market could be volatile at anytime for ethereum
Tony_Nguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:06:56 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

It is very difficult to say so. A rolex watch cost n times a casio watch even the later one has many advantages. I would divide my investment into several coins that I believe.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:12:28 AM

It is only the hype of the moment. It's like when almost any new product is launch to the market.

It might be great to trade if you are careful, but i don't think that it will ever surpass Bitcoin. You have to study how the positioning of a brand works in marketing to understand it.

Most people will always prefer the familiarity.
boss@laway

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:33:39 AM

I think IG need to seriously look at the strategy behind trading Bitcoin. It is a 24/7 7 days a week market so IG have to offer this. Some of the big moves have come over the past two weekends prior to this weekend.
Trend followers follow trends and if these trends occur after 10:00 pm on Friday due to some news released or announcement made whether economical, political or just crypto news then customers have to be given the platform to place a trade.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:35:55 AM

I think this is not certain, because bitcoin is still in its infancy and as more and more people now know that it is time to start investing in bitcoin, it can not be said that Bitcoin will not disappear for a short period of time.
Yeah. Bitcoin is the KING of all cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will not disappear, most of altcoins now are based on Bitcoin price. Bitcoin will remain forever, I believe on that because BITCOIN is the first digital currency and I believe that it will remain forever.
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:01:43 AM

It could be that altcoin will replace bitcoin if BTC separation actually occurs. All this is normal, because no one in the world can survive to be number one forever, in the cryptocurency world competition who would be the best would be number one.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:09:55 AM

I agree with your opinion, a new, more dynamic currency might be better, a lot of developers are doing research to advance the crypto world, so maybe a bitcoin substitute will come in the future.
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:36:46 AM

I think it all depends on how many people are interested in bitcoin. We see in the year 2018 still a lot even add people who are interested in bitcoin. Indeed many altcoins are becoming popular for many people and their prices are rising. But in my opinion, bitcoin remains the best of the others at a fairly high price.
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:20:39 AM

It always depend , there are some other cryptocurrency that have a potential to rise.. each cryptocurrency has there own unique character that make people attract and invest on them
I agree to this argument to some extent but not fully because comparing bitcoin at this stage with any other crypto currency is like comparing sky with the roof, and my argument is based on following statistics

1.   Bitcoin has market cap of 180 billion dollars which is 100 billion more than the second currency
2.   The profits which bitcoin has delivered in recent past are way too much than the profits which other
      currencies had.
3.   Bitcoin is the most google searched currency in the crypto currency.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:14:30 AM

In this changing word nothing is permanent, maybe this day you are on the top then tomorrow you will be in the bottom. This is a normal thing in this world and can be implemented with all the aspect in life. Now Bitcoin is on the top of the crypo currencies and many crypo is doing their very best to be like it. As the competition goes high somehow competitors will soon arise and exceed the current stand of bitcoin. By this we the users of bitcoin if we will not intensify our fight in strengthen the integrity and foundation bitcoin it will surely easily fall down or being exceeded by its competitors.     
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:40:23 AM

In this changing word nothing is permanent, maybe this day you are on the top then tomorrow you will be in the bottom. This is a normal thing in this world and can be implemented with all the aspect in life. Now Bitcoin is on the top of the crypo currencies and many crypo is doing their very best to be like it. As the competition goes high somehow competitors will soon arise and exceed the current stand of bitcoin. By this we the users of bitcoin if we will not intensify our fight in strengthen the integrity and foundation bitcoin it will surely easily fall down or being exceeded by its competitors.     

You are correct,  i also believe that there is no permanent in our world.  Bitcoin will be replaced and will be gone in the future. So,  let us all grab the chance and invest right now while btc is still going.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:41:42 PM

It always depend , there are some other cryptocurrency that have a potential to rise.. each cryptocurrency has there own unique character that make people attract and invest on them
I agree to this argument to some extent but not fully because comparing bitcoin at this stage with any other crypto currency is like comparing sky with the roof, and my argument is based on following statistics

1.   Bitcoin has market cap of 180 billion dollars which is 100 billion more than the second currency
2.   The profits which bitcoin has delivered in recent past are way too much than the profits which other
      currencies had.
3.   Bitcoin is the most google searched currency in the crypto currency.

Ok, in my opinion, I do not agree with your idea. Here is my opinion:

1. That market cap is fake market cap, because you do not know exact amount Bitcoin traded on market. You can know through Bitcoin Dominance on coinmarketcap. And of course, it does not prove Bitcoin is number one forever.
2.  Ripple, Verge, Ethereum, Monero and many altcoins are better than Bitcoin about the profit from the last year.
3. Because many people still do not know what is cryptocurrency and almost people thought Bitcoin is the represent of cryptocurrency or the only cryptocurrency on the world.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
Sampson7

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:52:00 PM

i also believe that there is no permanent in our world.  Bitcoin will be replaced and will be gone in the future. So,  let us all grab the chance and invest right now while btc is still going that might be true. But I do not believe Ethereum will be able to hold their gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down simply because that is what markets do.
So always remind yourself not to get lost in the mania and try to stay objective. In a market like this, it is easy to think that the good days will never end. invest bitcoin
canque31

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:55:07 PM

i also believe that there is no permanent in our world.  Bitcoin will be replaced and will be gone in the future. So,  let us all grab the chance and invest right now while btc is still going that might be true. But I do not believe Ethereum will be able to hold their gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down simply because that is what markets do.
So always remind yourself not to get lost in the mania and try to stay objective. In a market like this, it is easy to think that the good days will never end. invest bitcoin

Nothing last forever. Even if Bitcoin will not be in the number 1 spot in cryptocurrency world but it doesn't matter as long as it will exist longer. We need to support Bitcoin through promotion and buying more BTC.
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:58:08 PM

Even ripple can beat the Bitcoin. It is up to us. But you can not change a lot of people's mind. Bitcoin is the reference coin. It is the God of blockchain. I think his lead will stay a bit longer than you think.
CryptoCZe

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

I think that in the near future bitcoin will be dominate
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: