Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency make real money disappear?  (Read 28795 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:20:44 AM

Very low to none. If cryptocurrencies  were to replace fiat currency then banks and governments would have a way to benefit form those transactions or maybe even make their own cryptocurrency named after the currency in that country but simply replacing it completely... not gonna happen.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unknown Enforcement

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:22:35 AM

No cryptocurrency cannot make real money disappear, the whole world still uses fiats it coult take hundreds of years before humans adopt cryptocurrencies as money imo.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:27:08 AM

If fiat is replaced by crypto currencies, then bitcoin and these altcoins would become the “real money”, so to speak. But the possibility of that happening seems to be quite low given that governments support their own currencies and would most certainly do all that’s necessary to prevent it from collapsing. If anything, crypto currencies could work side by side with our local currencies, but in a more regulated manner.
hendra1988

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:47:52 AM

Now this consensus is already established, that Bitcoin has a certain value. People who recognize this consensus come from many countries. De facto, actually Bitcoin has become one of the world's currency. In my opinion, the largest export of the United States is US Dollar (USD). The world trade that the majority use USD makes USD very valuable and profits to the United States, at least in the form of influence to other countries. The dependence of world trade on USD is not ideal yet. Because USD is the currency of a country, where if something happens with that country automatically the value of its currency will be affected. Bitcoin that is not affiliated with a country in my opinion is very likely to be used as world currency for trading. Without any affiliation the influence of a country's circumstances to the value of Bitcoin would be minimal, so Bitcoin would have a more stable exchange rate. Currently (data 2015) is about 100,000 places that receive Bitcoin as a means of payment, the countries of the world are now worried about the widespread use of Bitcoin, which includes crimes such as ransomware and terrorism. These countries find it difficult to track transactions and as a result it is difficult to apply taxes on those transactions. If in the end formed a consensus between Bitcoin users and governments of the countries of the world. I think Bitcoin will be the world's currency.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:08:00 AM

I do not believe so if cryptocurrency will dislodged or make fiat disappear. Not in my lifetime though. Its far from that to happen. There are still people who prefer to used a fiat and its a fact. Also, not all people are tech savvy.

But there is an endless possibilities, sometime in the future maybe.
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:00:01 AM

If fiat is replaced by crypto currencies, then bitcoin and these altcoins would become the “real money”, so to speak. But the possibility of that happening seems to be quite low given that governments support their own currencies and would most certainly do all that’s necessary to prevent it from collapsing. If anything, crypto currencies could work side by side with our local currencies, but in a more regulated manner.

I agree with you, though development of bitcoin and altcoin is so rapid and very popular, but real money can never be replaced with any digital currency.
Because real currency is actually the currency of a country that certainly can not be replaced with digital currency, and until now not everyone understands about use of digital currency.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:00:44 AM

Very low to none. If cryptocurrencies  were to replace fiat currency then banks and governments would have a way to benefit form those transactions or maybe even make their own cryptocurrency named after the currency in that country but simply replacing it completely... not gonna happen.
Yes agree, and the Government will continue to protect the real money because it is a symbol of the State, is too risky if cryptocurrency used in totally because the state economy is easily controlled by someone.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:40:12 AM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked

I think it would not be possible. Most people are uneducated about bitcoin if bitcoin will replace money then those uneducated about the cryptocurrency  will be put at the bottom. It is also very risky there are so many security risk of bitcoin.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀