Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41077 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:20:06 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 04:34:11 PM by cryptohunter

I think IOTA is a good coin, but lately I've also heard bad news about the altcoin. so I'm still confused to invest in IOTA.

It's very simply... nobody knows if it works yet or not. Nobody knows if the tech is good or not. MIT are saying it does not look good right? So any intelligent investor would wait and see.

We do know it was narrowly distributed indeed compared to other icos so we know it is wide open for collusion and market making at this point.

So any intelligent investor would wait for this to play out a little longer and let the whales keep dumping on noobs and see what their intentions are once a large proportion gets sold away from them. But this is the problem how much is being sold to new investors at 2000x ico price and how much volume is just whales selling back and forth to themselves.

Therefore you would need rocks in your head or balls of steel to invest one cent into iota it right now. Too many as yet unanswered questions and too many unknowns on the real market demand/supply.

Probably the most risky project out there from a known developer. I mean these other shit insta icos with complete dreams and talk white papers and nobody of merit to implement them are  more risky and more shit so if you have the balls for those then by all means load up on iota.

Just don't be shocked if your investment is reduced to dust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:28:59 PM

MIT are saying it does not look good right?

Really? Is there a link to that?
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:04:32 PM

Why yes there is https://github.com/mit-dci/tangled-curl/blob/master/vuln-iota.md

“In 2017, leaving your crypto algorithm vulnerable to differential cryptanalysis is a rookie mistake. It says that no one of any calibre analyzed their system, and that the odds that their fix makes the system secure is low,” states Bruce Schneier, renowned security technologist, about IOTA when we shared our attack

https://www.hnstories.com/news/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:10:53 PM

Why yes there is https://github.com/mit-dci/tangled-curl/blob/master/vuln-iota.md

“In 2017, leaving your crypto algorithm vulnerable to differential cryptanalysis is a rookie mistake. It says that no one of any calibre analyzed their system, and that the odds that their fix makes the system secure is low,” states Bruce Schneier, renowned security technologist, about IOTA when we shared our attack

https://www.hnstories.com/news/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota

Perhaps cfb thinks that means it is looking good?  maybe just some semantic confusion due to english not being his first language.

Or perhaps quibbling he;s not MIT.

Either way be interesting to get an estimated time for the training wheels coming off so we can see if it works.

1 week, 2 weeks a month a year, 2050 or whenever they dumped all the tokens on noob investors and nxt3 is released in stealth.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:19:15 PM

Was just hinting that Neha Narula from MIT Media Lab doesn't represent the official position of MIT. If anyone contacted MIT with a letter asking to clarify their position on the course of actions chosen by Neha Narula she would lose her place of the Director right away. IOTA community doesn't do that because no real damage was done and even more - IOTA got free advertising.  Grin
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

Was just hinting that Neha Narula from MIT Media Lab doesn't represent the official position of MIT. If anyone contacted MIT with a letter asking to clarify their position on the course of actions chosen by Neha Narula she would lose her place of the Director right away. IOTA community doesn't do that because no real damage was done and even more - IOTA got free advertising.  Grin

Ha that's the sort of free advertising you should employ for your next ico .... haha I shouldnt give you ideas though really should I.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:21:28 PM

Ha that's the sort of free advertising you should employ for your next ico .... haha I shouldnt give you ideas though really should I.

Haha, good one.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:49:57 PM

I was wondering why IOTA is the only top currency up big today.  

Since the ICO 3 years ago, it seems like all anybody around here can talk about is the Tangle.  

So much love for it and so much hate too.  

It seems that you either love crypto or you hate it!

What are you ?

A crypto lover ?

Or crypto hater?

Either way, I'm sure you feel that.  That passion for (or against) crypto.

I think you misunderstand.

The tech itself to me is not the main issue. Until someone breaks it and proves they can once the training wheels are taken off then for me it is unknown. For me at this time nobody really knows but the longer these training wheels stay on then the less likely it looks it can function without it.

Of course I will be more than happy if someone does break it

We both agree that IOTA is flawed, but Byteball is not.  All IOTA has to do is to take the working parts of Byteball and clone it into the IOTA code.  That is the cool part of open source.

Once one tech is working, then anybody can use it.

So be grateful that the smart people over at Byteball are able to bail out the IOTA slackers who obviously skipped class that day they taught differential cryptanalysis... and spelling for that matter (curl, kerl? qerl, kurl? koral? keurl? ckeurel?)

Perhaps cfb thinks that means it is looking good?  maybe just some semantic confusion due to english not being his first language.

No he's not MIT, but Byteball proves that IOTA can get some Tangle help from the experts who have already proven to us that DAG Tangles are not just some figment of our imagination, but rather blockchain disintermediators incapable of appetite curbing.

DAG/solid tangles/meshnets/byteballs who cares who perfects the next generation of business communication, the main thing that we can all agree on here is that after Byteball, the DAG Tangle is really out of the bag, and it's not going back in!

You might be able to break the tangle but nobody can break the byteball!

Have the MIT geniuses ever broken a byteball?

Not a chance!
Byteball devs are not egomaniacs who think they can invent their own crypto primitives.

Byteball is just using same as bitcoin. Cheesy
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:58:53 PM

Byteball is not a DAG?
Its a DAG, but using same crypto primitives as bitcoin, often same implementation even, the libsecp256k1, and sha256 libraries.

There is a proof of concept using another secp256k1 implementation, and another library for hashing functions.

Really, in 2015-2017, someone, cfb, decides in his wisdom that he alone is smarter than the global elite of security professionals and cryptographers, and smarter than Satoshi who also reused existing primitives. Yet CfB delivers high-school worthy result, unsurprising. Let that sink in.

Any iota fanbois still shilling, you know they just want to hand their bag to you.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:29:45 PM

Don't derail convo with Byteball, please.  Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 09:02:48 PM

It was flawed and on a level of code that is often produced by high-school developers. MIT did the job for you: https://medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367.  Roll Eyes
We know their opinion. Now answer my question.  Cheesy
You're diverting away from the article into something that has no relevance. This behavior is common with chronic scammers. I wonder if you are one. Smiley

Don't derail convo with Byteball, please.
A project that is trivially superior to IOTA. Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:35:16 PM

Byteball is not a DAG?
Its a DAG, but using same crypto primitives as bitcoin, often same implementation even, the libsecp256k1, and sha256 libraries.

There is a proof of concept using another secp256k1 implementation, and another library for hashing functions.

Really, in 2015-2017, someone, cfb, decides in his wisdom that he alone is smarter than the global elite of security professionals and cryptographers, and smarter than Satoshi who also reused existing primitives. Yet CfB delivers high-school worthy result, unsurprising. Let that sink in.

Any iota fanbois still shilling, you know they just want to hand their bag to you.

Yeah, I traded large cap Tangle for small cap DAG because I thought that it was kind of funny how CFB decided to reinvent (perfect) the wheel when Byteball had already perfected the DAG Tangle, but look at the bright side, IOTA can always go back to sha256 while keeping the other key features of the Tangle (free transactions, scalability).  The tech is proven, I just think that CFB wanted to be the first to bring quantum proof crypto to the mainstream.  Maybe he will succeed with it or maybe he fails and has to go back to using sha256, either way, the Tangle still functions.

A great man once said:

"An elevator can't break down, it can only become stairs"

Who knew that he was talking about IOTA.  

IOTA cannot break down, it can only become Byteballesque.
You fail to comprehend basic facts about iota. Are you sockpuppet of CfB?

Iota is not even a stairs, its a centralized single point of failure fake attempt at cryptocurrency, has not functioned a single day without a Coordinator. Failed concept can not have good implementation

Not to mention the devs are infantile pussies.
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:38:07 PM

What a turn of events. IOTA was a god sent before now no one wants to have anything to do with it

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:21:16 AM

Let's move to the Byteball thread.

@CfB: Congratulation, great troll collection!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

You're diverting away from the article into something that has no relevance. This behavior is common with chronic scammers. I wonder if you are one. Smiley

Just give the answer and we'll continue.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:56:15 AM

Thx, I was collecting them for more than 5 years.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:23:04 PM

Almost as long as you have been collecting the sock puppet accounts

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:34:34 PM

I only know "bcnext" - please share your list.
If you would be so kind, sort it by likelihood.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:40:33 PM

LiQio

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:45:43 PM

LiQio

Hmmm, think again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: