Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41080 times)
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:22:27 PM

https://innovationhub.innogy.com/news-event/3lj6DX6LS0C4SyKmgEOiQq/meet-our-future-customers--machines-with-wallets

https://azure.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/tag/iota/

https://insights.ubuntu.com/2017/02/20/iota-iot-revolutionized-with-a-ledger/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iotas-tangle-meets-internet-things-requirements-better-any-blockchain-1626218
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:44:11 PM

Might be worth a shot putting a few hundred bucks on IOTA.. I mean, it could be a scam.. but people said the same thing about BTC when it was new.

Just dont put your life savings into an unproven coin that came out of nowhere with 1.6b mcap.. but worth a shot still
polaris409

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

Might be worth a shot putting a few hundred bucks on IOTA.. I mean, it could be a scam.. but people said the same thing about BTC when it was new.

Just dont put your life savings into an unproven coin that came out of nowhere with 1.6b mcap.. but worth a shot still

EXACTLY... people in this thread acting like they are putting millions into this. $200 .... seriously I can spend that in a weekend on buying craft beer (wont buy more for some time once the wife finds out...but still).

google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:52:09 PM

maybe this helps to clear some scam fear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-uzzNocgvk

crypto jerk

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:56:14 PM

I wouldn't go so far to call it a scam, a really really stupid investment at the moment but its too early to call a scam.

Example: Is Mcdonalds scamming people by calling their products food? No, while their "food" is barely edible garbage it is digestible whereas if they sold imitation wax food and called it a meal, theyd be scamming)

(Used the McD's example cause stupid investors most likely eat stupid food)
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:49:40 PM

The reasons IOTA raised little BTC are because it was the very end of the crypto bear market and the team haven't really delivered with their previous project which raised huge concerns. The initial 20x rise was because ETH started the altcoin bull market and also a lot of initial investors realized that the project is legit and they should have invested more. I had my concerns and almost accused devs of scam, but they worked hard and eventually managed to get IOTA to large exchange.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:44:53 PM

I am not an expert but my money is in. From the little research I have done, this project is worth taking a chance on. I generally dont like ICOs, but this one I like.
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:46:19 PM

I wouldn't go so far to call it a scam, a really really stupid investment at the moment but its too early to call a scam.

Example: Is Mcdonalds scamming people by calling their products food? No, while their "food" is barely edible garbage it is digestible whereas if they sold imitation wax food and called it a meal, theyd be scamming)

(Used the McD's example cause stupid investors most likely eat stupid food)

You do stupid faggot

You will be one of the people which will cry again, that he missed the chance to be part from early stages @Koloko  .  

If iota everything is what it promises, then we will see a rise like never before in the cryptoworld, mark my words.  We ve seen a lot of projects , but never one like this  before. This could even surpase Ethereum after some time, and thats not a joke.

luey

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:57:32 PM

this is a definite scam. no way 2000x (200000%) returns...
watch out!

THIS IS EXACTLY THE WAY THE WORLD IS VIEWING BITCOIN RIGHT NOW!
From literally $0.000001 to $2k+? NO WAY!! SCAM!! WATCH OUT!! DRUG MONEY!!

Innovations Grow exponentially!

Look at TESLA STOCK MARKETCAP VS GM MARKETCAP!

TESLA 61.68B

GM 52.35B

NO WAY!! TESLA is also a scam!

Make yourself a favor and do a proper research yourself instead of listening to what is given to you.
Only the educated ones should deserve the benefits!

mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

Watch out with this one. It's security is unknown and it's PoA, aka centralised.
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:02:37 PM

Their developer stays in anonymity. They have a moderated thread. So yes, definitely stay away of IOTA!
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:24:37 PM

Their developer stays in anonymity. They have a moderated thread. So yes, definitely stay away of IOTA!
They use sock-puppets, personal insults, appeal to authority as arguments.

The bigger lie you tell, the easier it is for idiots to believe it.
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:58:27 AM

Why would i buy into a centralised project ? It has a central coordinator. Something like ripple.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:04:58 AM

Future, future, bla bla, free, on a sub domain on innogy.com
Microsoft partnership but only a crappy article on azure, microsoft's development platform (similar to github but with prepaid subscription), where any developer can post about the work he is doing...
Okay, another payed article on ubuntu insights, so what?
And another payed article, so what?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:35:14 AM

luey

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:15:23 PM

IOTA CORE DEV TEAM REDDIT AMA to answer all your concerns!
https://twitter.com/iotatoken/status/875663384183795712

BLOG POST FROM iota founder to address the recent misinformations!
https://blog.iota.org/the-transparency-compendium-26aa5bb8e260

COORDINATOR IS NOT CENTRALIZED LIKE YOU THOUGHT
IOTA is currently in what should be considered a ‘transition period’ towards large scale deployment and standardization. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum and all other distributed consensus protocols before it, the IOTA network need an onboarding mechanism to provide 34% attack protection in its early days. Due to the unique underlying architecture of IOTA this takes the shape of a ‘Coordinator’. The ‘Coordinator’ or ‘Coo’ for short, is essentially training wheels for the network until the amount of organic activity on the ledger is sufficient to where it can evolve unassisted, at which point the Coo is permanently shut off. This does not mean that the IOTA ledger is currently in any way centralized, the network is 100% decentralized, every node verifies that the Coo is is not breaking consensus rules by creating iotas out of thin air or approving double-spendings. In fact any talented programmer could replace Coo logic in IRI with Random Walk Monte Carlo logic and go without its milestones right now, so technically even at present the Coo is entirely optional. The only role the Coordinator serves is to protect against attacks in this temporary infancy stage of the Tangle ledger, if we shut the Coo down the network would continue to evolve as it will in the future when it is unassisted by these ‘training wheels’.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:58:45 PM

So funny seeing people call IOTA a scam because they missed out or feel threatened by it.

Here are some IOTA facts:

• It was crowdsold on here in 2015 for 1337 BTC with no coins reserved for development/anything else
  • It has since been heavily traded OTC and on a semi-automated slack escrow service - the market cap built up gradually
  • It only needs the coordinator to prevent a 34% attack - when network is large enough it will be switched off
  • It has partnerships with multiple Billion-dollar companies
  • It has a good distribution of coins, better than many cryptos:
    https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/iota-an-update-on-token-distribution-and-exchange-launch

http://iotasupport.com/whatisiota.shtml
JosephTam

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:25:10 PM

Very early days to tell where this coin is going, it's Mcap is ridiculous but clearly someone is buying!

Reminds me of the facebook IPO, huge hype surrounding it, the price opened up ridiculously high and then it plummeted, but look at it now!

I would be interested to see where this coin ends up in the next few months.
element72

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:34:05 PM

Very early days to tell where this coin is going, it's Mcap is ridiculous but clearly someone is buying!

That's probably because at least one VC already spent millions. And that was an investment. It was his first for crypto too, iirc. He doesn't plan to trade it and believes in IOTA's principles. But to the others who also bought in at the ICO... they probably are shorting for a quick profit lol. I would put big bets that those guys are going to rebuy at the bottom. The other half of the downtrend could be explained by following the downtrend of bitcoin -- and combined with capitulation -- panic sellers.

Scott J just made some good points about a couple of the flaws well known. I think we should all join in at the AMA this Saturday. The core dev team will be there, and then we can finally put to rest the viability of the features they are claiming.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:27:43 PM

before you consider scamminess, technical proficiency or not, a largely unproven new coin on hardly any exchanges starting off with a market cap of over 1 billion dollars does not look like a sensible bet even with a market as bubbly as this. i'll wait and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: