Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35052 times)
bitcoinpagla

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:10:57 PM

Yes it is possible.. Because everything are possible on Internet.. Bitcoin is a digital money.. It could be loose your value easily.. You cannot expect from it every time that will increase the rate every day..  But if btc dumped it will be pumped again very fast...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:49:04 AM

It will likely lose its value if demand for it drops, also if large investment funds withdraw their holding from it. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon, unless it is really a bubble and pops all of a sudden.

Riska katom

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:35:04 PM

I do not think it's possible for bitcoin to lose its value, because bitcoin is the best way to invest money.
deejayce48

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:09:28 PM

Yes. I think so. If ever no one won't use it anymore, it's possible. Since Bitcoin is only limited in supply, then the price is based on supply and demand. If the demand lessens or no demand at all, then price will decrease or possible will lose its value.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
malika

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:30:43 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

One thing is for sure if the investors loose its trust to bitcoin and started dumping it that would be the time that bitcoin will lose its value. But right now it is impossible to loose the value of bitcoin because it gets stronger everyday.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
elvinjamon

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

I bet to agree with your statement regarding your propoesed solution.  It is good that you should keep only the amount you afford to lose.  However,  regaesing the issue of bitcoin losing it's value is maybe wrong..maybe it can decrease at a higher level but it doesnt lose its value.. It will go back to its high value after sometime. 
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Of course it is possible but it won't happen, why? There is still growing amount of people whose want to invest in it and bitcoin is still getting more popular and more available in global payments.

No, now we can observe the absence of rapid growth of bitcoin, because many people began to invest their money in other coins, most will not allow bitcoin to grow.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:56:22 PM

I believe it impossible for the bitcoin to lose its value. Maybe its value can be down sometime but I'm it will just take time and it will pump again and its value will be higher than before.

Well, its definitely not impossible for Bitcoin to loose its value entirely. The value is given to Bitcoin through people that believe in it. But imagine a hard government crackdown on Bitcoin. Most people will panic sell and abandon it. This would have the effect of the price going down drastically or even to zero if there were no more buyers. Its just silly to think that Bitcoin is invulnerable.
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:28:46 PM

I believe it impossible for the bitcoin to lose its value. Maybe its value can be down sometime but I'm it will just take time and it will pump again and its value will be higher than before.

Well, its definitely not impossible for Bitcoin to loose its value entirely. The value is given to Bitcoin through people that believe in it. But imagine a hard government crackdown on Bitcoin. Most people will panic sell and abandon it. This would have the effect of the price going down drastically or even to zero if there were no more buyers. Its just silly to think that Bitcoin is invulnerable.
Yes everything is possible in the world.We cannot predict the future.We do not know whether bitcoin will rule the market or whether it will be vanished from the market all for once.But seeing the currenct scenario of bitcoin in the market I think bitcoin will gain its value.It is on the top of the list of all the cryptocurrencies and altcoins.More and more people are investing in bitcoin so its value is increasing day by day.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

of course it can lose it's value, Microsoft removed bitcoin as payment method for their apps/services and we immediately saw price dip, below 14k. Btc is volatile and unpredictable like every other coin. even a physical money can lose its value.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:29:31 PM

if I think it's possible that bitcoin is no longer worth the price because if bitcoin no longer enthusiasts and who invest the bitcoin it will lose its price. yes hopefully bitcoin sampe whenever any price remain

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:35:46 PM

Of course it can happen. If bitcoin loses its value it might take a while. But bitcoin is currently experiencing a considerable increase. Those who hold bitcoin will benefit a lot.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:19:57 PM

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to any form of investment and that is the case with bitcoin too,majority of the users did not expect the price to rise so fast and within a short period of time it has risen,no one can predict its future that it will keep on rising forever ,i would personally like to see a gradual increase in price rather than a big leap for sustainable growth.
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:58:36 PM

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to any form of investment and that is the case with bitcoin too,majority of the users did not expect the price to rise so fast and within a short period of time it has risen,no one can predict its future that it will keep on rising forever ,i would personally like to see a gradual increase in price rather than a big leap for sustainable growth.
but still no one can say what determines the price of bitcoin for today. I think, like many bitcointalk users, that Bitcoin today has a price, almost unrealistic at cost. But already at this time, the price goes down and it is possible to drop below $ 10,000, which is a disaster.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:56:21 PM

If we will be realistic in it, yes bitcoin can possibly lose its value. It may be a very little possibility but there is always this chance that it might be worthless due to different factors. But for now I think we just need to enjoy of what bitcoin has been able to achieve and be cautious as well on all are investments whether it is in bitcoin or other asset.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:28:06 PM

If we will be realistic in it, yes bitcoin can possibly lose its value. It may be a very little possibility but there is always this chance that it might be worthless due to different factors. But for now I think we just need to enjoy of what bitcoin has been able to achieve and be cautious as well on all are investments whether it is in bitcoin or other asset.
We should always be ready to that possibility and as we are enjoying our income now we have to ensure that we already take our capital
out so we will only lose our profit when this scenario will happen.
At least we are ready and we know that we have to invest what we can afford to lose as investing is really risky in any aspect.
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:41:01 PM
Merited by maaydin (1)

If the demand start to fall and people would dump their coins and lose interest on btc of course it`s value would fall everything is based on demand and supply basically.
Beymax08

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:07:03 AM

Guys thank you for the answers , but I'm not reffering to the 10-20 % spike in value , I mean like a complete downfall , lets say for it's price to go down to something like a few $.
No, it will not happen the price will go down to 5$ to 20$. Unless, bitcoin will lose its value if it is not popular and no one use it anymore. And when it not in demand anymore.

GSC Platform ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▌█▐ Whitepaper ▌█▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█ Ann ▌█▐
▐▌Telegram▐▌Twitter▐▌Reddit▐▌Medium▐▌Linkedin▐▌Facebook▐▌Instagram▐▌Youtube▐▌
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:17:13 AM

I think bitcoin will lose value when no one uses it or people stop invest in it. No one can say when will that happen or is it going to be happen.
But before it occurs, investors should always be ready to that.
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:17:08 AM

I think bitcoin will lose value when no one uses it or people stop invest in it. No one can say when will that happen or is it going to be happen.
But before it occurs, investors should always be ready to that.

Many people say that bitcoin will soon lose its value. Yes it has been that way several times already for the past years but we all know that it bounced back after its downfalls. People have been predicting Bitcoin's impending demise for years, and they've consistently been wrong. Even if Bitcoin were to lose % of its value in the coming weeks, it would still be worthy to invest.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: