Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:03:15 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Bitcoin is different, so it depends on each person to decide in what circumstances to use bitcoin over fiat, bitcoin is great for payments online but at the moment there is not much you can buy with bitcoin in a store and even if bitcoin was accepted there, the confirmation times can be very slow.

Well Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies are currently the future of money but they are not better as the fiat are widely used in our day to day business and so it's possible it could take people some time to adopt to the new era of currency which is the only moment we can say that cryptocurrencies are better than fiats.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:39:08 PM

I do not think so. Just think if we can give street singers with bitcoin. Of course not so fiat money itself is still in need. Only bitcoin much in interest because of the investment value is very good in the future
But what if the street singer will ask you to pay him in bitcoin?
Yes t may be possible a stage will come in life when almost all of the people will adopt bitcoin and almost all of them will only adopt bitcoin for their businesses. Then we will need bitcoin for to pay for any person then we will not think about the fiat.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:46:35 PM

They're good as investments,  so far, but as for bitcoin itself the fees kill its appeal as a currency for me.   And the confirmation times.  Other than those two things...what's not to love about it?  No bank required and you're in complete control of your money.   Can't beat that.
WoodySpoon

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:07:24 AM

Unlikely to ever take over a nations currency, there's too much already relying on these and a nations worth can't really be determined by a global currency. ie. LDC's would be further disadvantaged as they would hold less coins and with less technological advancements would be further behind the rest of the world.

I think the increasing number of altcoins is exciting however as it allows businesses and services to determine their worth via an alternative means instead of going through an exchange to raise funds etc, giving better services more chance to succeed instead of falling victim to regulation.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:43:32 AM

They're good as investments,  so far, but as for bitcoin itself the fees kill its appeal as a currency for me.   And the confirmation times.  Other than those two things...what's not to love about it?  No bank required and you're in complete control of your money.   Can't beat that.
the only thing I understand is if you have a balls to invest and if you are willing to wait, cryptocurrencies really works as a good investment just needed to research and learn those fundamentals so you are ready to wait for the value and use of such project and I guess if all those plan be implemented success of
getting good returned always possible.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:07:14 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
We need both. We definitely need both. At least for now.

We can't buy day to day household commodities like the groceries ... etc using Bitcoin. Most vendors would only accept fiat, at the moment. Maybe this may change and we can use Bitcoin for everything. This is the same for internet shopping. Sites like Amazon and eBay remain in their adamant stance against Bitcoin. They only accept PayPal, but not Bitcoin. This is quite strange as bitcoin has much more qualities when compared to PayPal.

In the future, this may all change. Bitcoin may become adopted by many merchants after they understand the benefits of using it. Until then we need both Bitcoin and fiat to survive. Well ... we can survive with only fiat but not with Bitcoin. So if you want to use Bitcoin, today, then you also need to use fiat. There is no other way.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:36:32 AM

Bitcoin is different, so it depends on each person to decide in what circumstances to use bitcoin over fiat, bitcoin is great for payments online but at the moment there is not much you can buy with bitcoin in a store and even if bitcoin was accepted there, the confirmation times can be very slow.

Well Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies are currently the future of money but they are not better as the fiat are widely used in our day to day business and so it's possible it could take people some time to adopt to the new era of currency which is the only moment we can say that cryptocurrencies are better than fiats.
The crypto as a secondary option for the digital transaction, crypto is better than regular currency in the some aspects. the transparency, easy for use and didn't spend a lot of the time, low charge but less in the adoption compared with the regular currency

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
micher143

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:37:04 AM

the only thing I understand is if you have a balls to invest and if you are willing to wait, cryptocurrencies really works as a good investment just needed to research and learn those fundamentals so you are ready to wait for the value and use of such project and I guess if all those plan be implemented success of
getting good returned always possible.
:
every investment have a risk but I think with bitcoin and other "legit cryptocuurency" the risk is very low because as you can in the history of other altcoin the price multiply with a average of 10x so I think investing with cryptocurrency is literally worth it. and profitable also you only need a patience.
shine1123

Activity: 490

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:39:52 AM

It's unclear if cryptocurrencies can efficiently scale. Bitcoin has 246 000 transactions per day, and the fees are so high that it's really hard to justify using Bitcoin as a regular currency. Now, Visa handles 150 million transactions per day. So, today cryptocurrencies definitely can't replace regular currencies, it will only become possible after major breakthrough in their development as well as some new hardware. When costs of keeping distributed ledgers will be the same or very close to as keeping centralized ledgers, then crypto will have a chance in replacing regular currencies.

Actually the fee is already not that big right now. What i love why crytocurrencies better than regular currency is cryptocurreny is more easy to use, many benefits on it. We can use it for investment, as a payment, for gambling and many else, the important thing is we can do it by online too.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:06:51 AM

Most of the cyrpto currencies are just created for speculative purposes and doesn’t really have any other use. There are only a handful that can be of help to us and I hope those stay in circulation and gets adopted by a wider userbase, and if they can go hand in hand with our regular currency, then all the better. People will continue to use something for as long as they benefit from it and if both the digital and government-backed currencies are able to provide them such benefits, I can’t see any reason for them not to co-exist.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:10:36 AM

Another thing is if you want to buy things online with an unknown person then you must need to go through reputed escrow and that adds up additional cost and delay the transactions. As of now, I like bitcoins only for investment purpose. In the longer run, I expect we all can make a good money from these investments.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:23:39 AM

Crypto currencies are not in par with all of the other regular currency, we all know that, as you've said it is just a good investment but in terms of it's transactions including it's confirming time and fees it is not good. Also, many people or place do not know crypto currencies and they just use fiats.
I am good with it just by putting some of my money on it, but I am not using them in the real world because it still has many flaws.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:54:11 AM

Most of the cyrpto currencies are just created for speculative purposes and doesn’t really have any other use. There are only a handful that can be of help to us and I hope those stay in circulation and gets adopted by a wider userbase, and if they can go hand in hand with our regular currency, then all the better. People will continue to use something for as long as they benefit from it and if both the digital and government-backed currencies are able to provide them such benefits, I can’t see any reason for them not to co-exist.
Those that think bitcoin or other crypto currencies can replace traditional currencies emitted by central banks are being too positive, those currencies are never going to disappear, but it will come the time where we will be able to use crypto currencies as a parallel system to the one there is right now.
jcojci

Activity: 815
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:11:43 AM

i think we need both, cryptocurrencies help us to earn money in internet and from the internet, we can withdraw into our local bank account. i think cryptocurrencies will be like a bridge between internet world and with offline world so people can make money by two side and while they make money, they can learn many thing from both.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:26:43 AM

For me they have a lot of differences in which they have their own advantages and disadvantages. To keep it simple I think that with Bitcoin's volatility it can be considered as more profitable compared to FOREX, while Fiat currency on the other hand is more better than being a medium exchange because it is more stabl and it does not lose its value quickly compared to Cryptocurrencies. Both can be better than another just on different categories.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:40:15 AM

Yes true and indeed the era of regular currency will soon disappear and replaced with cryptocurrency, this is because many of the advantages of cryptocurrency compared to regular currency.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

You asked if its better and than started talking about credit cards.

There are a lot of thing to take in consideration.

One of the most important thing is if the currency is backed by something thus the stability of it. Since all the biggest currencies allegedly are backed by gold at least partly then one could say that they are more stable and their value is preserved . But there are a lot of information out there that US dollar is not  backed by gold anymore because it is stolen trough various schemes of gold loaning trough banks. It could be that US currency's gold exists only on paper. In this case currency is protected only by reserves of central banks. Aand then the stability becomes dependent on the same criteria as cryptocurrencies.

Also there is the transactions fee and necessity of electronic devices.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:02:04 AM

The significant amount of performance and scalability issue with cryptocurrencies is major concern. Crypto is better than  fiat in sense of openness. Once scalability issue is resolved with crypto like bitcoin then there will be no match for bitcoin (other crypto as well).
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:43:20 AM

They have  both pros and cons. Both are good in their own place respectively(real world and online). When it comes in buying stuff physical and online, it's more convinient to use regular currency as store that accept bitcoin is stilll pretty low compared to regular currency. But when it comes to making money online btc is ahead of physical money. You can earn money from nothing to thousand of bucks depends on your capabilty without giving your real identity.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:46:16 PM

Both of them have different purposes and they are not supposed to cancel each other out. It's like comparing apples to oranges if you think about it. Basically, fiat is something we still need and crypto is something for the future. And it could possibly replace fiat but right now they are both unique and still relevant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: