Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:18:50 AM

I don't think so regular currency is part of our everyday life, and it transactions is quite different from that of bitcoin. And cryptocurrency is useless in poor countries where the internet connection is bad and poor. And secondly if bitcoin is use regularly and as faint money is being use bitcoin transactions fees will drain people out of it and they can get frustrated and decide to quite.
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:41:33 AM

If I have the choice between decentralized crypto currencies and bank issued electronic money, then I clearly prefer the decentralized ones because the banks just put numbers into their system to create it and on top of this it will lose the value every year. But I think both is needed, crypto currencies and a cash money system that you can use independent from internet connection, electricity and devices.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:30:39 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Cryptocurrencies in general can be used in places with technological developments. So it's quite a modern method of payment, compared to cash. But regular currency can be tendered anywhere, so crypto still has some time before it can overtake cash in all aspects.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:48:19 AM

If I have the choice between decentralized crypto currencies and bank issued electronic money, then I clearly prefer the decentralized ones because the banks just put numbers into their system to create it and on top of this it will lose the value every year. But I think both is needed, crypto currencies and a cash money system that you can use independent from internet connection, electricity and devices.

And the fact that fiat still can use for corruption that still the most no. 1 problem of every country and the government can't do their dirty tricks in crypto currency.
But thinking how government thinks I think they can still find a way to do their monkey business even in crypto currency like they really master the art of corruption.
Even we prefer both, these two means always money and still will always be useful.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:59:12 AM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Cryptocurrencies in general can be used in places with technological developments. So it's quite a modern method of payment, compared to cash. But regular currency can be tendered anywhere, so crypto still has some time before it can overtake cash in all aspects.

Yes, they are not conclusively better than regular fiat currencies but are better in certain areas just like fiats are also better when it comes to physical appearance and possession of money. The two can complement each other in our society if we stop to get them at each others throat.
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:05:52 AM

Yes I agree with youIt's better than cash because you can do this over the internet.

It's way better than all other monetary instruments because it is programmable money: you can basically treat bitcoins as symbols to represent anything (like titles to property, for example), and have the distributed peer-to-peer blockchain mechanism enforce title transfers in a provable, reliable way without any notaries.

Some people are working on setting up fully autonomous corporations using Bitcoin infrastructure. These will be essentially computer programs that own and spend bitcoins, and sign and enforce contracts, without any human employees.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:08:37 AM

It depends on what you want to use it for.. The attraction for Bitcoin is that it is transparent to governments in it's movement, and that it is difficult for governments to control access to it. So if I want to buy a large quantity of some illegal substance, I can purchase it from anywhere in the world with Bitcoin and no one can tell. Or if I want to bribe a government official, and not have anyone able to tell I did, I could use Bitcoin.
Some people even look at it as an investment, but while that MAY be profitable, it is a commodity, and can go down in value as easily as go up.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:47:50 AM

In my own opinion, they are better than the regular currency because they are so much faster and their system is perfectly created for the future because it can give a way to do transaction even faster and easier because with the use of your own device then you can easily transfer money to the different parts of the world.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:06:45 AM

In my own opinion, they are better than the regular currency because they are so much faster and their system is perfectly created for the future because it can give a way to do transaction even faster and easier because with the use of your own device then you can easily transfer money to the different parts of the world.

hey are better than the regular currency
i dont think that cryptocurrencies are much better compared to regular currency.although both of them has  many advantage and disadvantage to each other.

they are so much faster
no they are not faster compared to an actual money that you can easily pay without the need of blockchain confirmations to process your transactions.

their system is perfectly created for the future
no they arent. cyptocurrencies are not yet perfect and their system needs a lot of improvement and development to sustain the needs of economy.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:48:11 PM

There are still people who don't use or don't even know what is bitcoin even you say that it is open for all ages, the question is, it is afford by all ages? There is a probability that you will loose your online or offline wallet and it is hard to recover all the money worst you can't take it back unlike on cards you can still remind the banks for the loss of your money. But I didn't say that go for cards not to bitcoin, its just be practical according to your social strata.

Cryptocurrency and ordinary currencies are two very different things. So I think comparing these two things is a hassle. Both have their utility, uniqueness, and superiority.

I'll try to give an example, I personally use Bitcoin just for as an investment tool, nothing more. But I still use ordinary currency as a tool to pay bills and food everyday. I do not use Bitcoin for shopping because Bitcoin prices are always up and down. If I use Bitcoin when the price is going up it will make me lose. I'd better save the Bitcoin and wait for the price to go up.

The problem about anyone who can use Bitcoin, I think everyone can use Bitcoin. Even kids in Junior High School and High School can also use it.
Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency in the world but it does not mean that it is better than a real currency because we all know that both currency have a positive and negative storey but still the the most common currency that the whole world use is the best currency.
No you can’t just deny the best features of bitcoin. Yes you are somehow right in this regard that the first currency have its own value and fame but bitcoin is that much available at every level, that is the only reason for which yes you can say fiat is somehow going good. But you can’t negate the superb orientation of bitcoin in this world and it is being available everywhere gradually.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:54:50 PM

bitcoin has extremly high transaction costs, it wastes a ton of electricity, it has no ruler that guides economy to the benefit of all, it is over time destroying only infrastructure, it is even vice versa it is damagin the economy through waste of ressources. not to mention that it is centralised secretly by a mining oligarchy (which is beeing kept hidden to us) and constantly split like a fiat currency (cash, gold)

why should that be good?

If cryptocurrencies didnt do any good then i supposed you wouldn't be lurking in the forum posting this  Grin Grin If cryptocurrecies didnt do any good then the value wont be increasing 3-5 times in a year, not to mention a few years back. Its true bitcoin has some downside as it can't be controlled but that anonymity transactions and the convenience in bitcoin transactions is definitely something that people looking for, if you think it has high transaction cost then probably you never use the bank notes and transfers huge amount of money using bank swift transactions, and why would you care about electricity cost?? Do you even care about your gas if you're driving a mercedez right now??
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:11:58 PM

I think it depends on the countries that it would be applicable to. For first world countries, I think that they will favor both circumstances since it benefits them abundantly either way. They are also very familiar with Bitcoin as well as online payments or "cashless payments". However for third world countries where Bitcoin is something that is unknown, regular currency may be more favored as it has a greater value to compared to Bitcoin. The unfamiliarity sets a barrier towards it usage.
crustez00

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:23:25 PM

yeah, i agree in term of cryptocurrency usage for buying something for society that not have credit card. kinda complicated to register some credit card and pay for its bill monthly. with cryptocurrency, you just need to gather some coin or you can refill your cryptocurrency to buy something. more simple and fast.  Smiley

Kim Domingo

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

Although that was the scenario stating that bitcoin is better than real cash or fiat, there are still some instances that the presence of fiat is still important. The importance of usage between those two type of currencies depends on the situation where it will be used. Bitcoin is better on some instances and also real cash too. So to be able to adopt with the different scenario that needs different type of currency usage. I think it is still best to have both to consider both importance.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:26:28 PM

Of course in the bank you only get 1%+ every year but in the crypto world you can get more than 500%+ within months or a year.
But don't forget that bank interest is way too less risky when compared to altcoin interest , yes 500% is possible but even loosing everything is highly possible.
Success and failure both are part of life. Even in regular currency there is a high risk of losing everything. So this point is not much to be highlighted because it involves luck factor and the way how wisely you invest your money. And  is on its way to replace the regular currencies so no worries about losing.
In the term of profit i think yeah cryptocurrency is better than regular currency but in the term of usage both has their own impact.
We need both crypto currencies as well as regular currency to co exist at the same time because there are a lot  of transactions that take place through regular currency compared to crypto currencies.Also Many places crypto currencies are not accepted so it becomes mandatory to use regular money so, both are dependent on each other and no one is better than other.
Elel

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:46:46 PM

I think so, but i dont think it can replace the role of physical money as of now since not everything can be paid in crypto. Maybe in the near future.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

I think so, but i dont think it can replace the role of physical money as of now since not everything can be paid in crypto. Maybe in the near future.
Yes but who knows in the near future if it becomes currency as cashless society by using this cryptos. Anything is possible now and cryptocurrency is being well known.
AnthoRAX

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:18:35 PM

I honestly believe so. Everything's been easier, paying the bills, getting my salary. everything!
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:24:40 PM

cryptocurrencies give me a considerable income in comparison to fiat money. well, i do not feel that cryptocurrencies is better. but, for now, I am focusing on finding cryptocurrencies in fiat money, because I feel that cryptocurrencies give me a greater income in comparison with fiat

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
evgeniyosda

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:32:40 AM

Of training course they are, or I would not be right here. What I consider is the most important gain Bitcoin has in excess of regular fiat funds is its privateness. I get pleasure from really a lot getting capable to not expose what I possess and earn to the federal government or my lender. Privacy is an human correct.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: