Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Linux] Autominer v0.3.2.6 - GPU Monitor, Downtime Swapper, New Interface  (Read 23282 times)
Reikoku (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Wow that you for your quick replies. I'm make sure to send you some coins when I mine some Smiley

Btw is this relevant to me? My rig will be in the next room in headless mode (no monitor) and I'll control it using Ubuntu Remote Desktop + Windows VNC Viewer.

Do you want to use headless mode? This will NOT load Xterm at script open.

You might find it easier to control it with screen. Just install sshd on Ubuntu, then download Putty on Windows and open a terminal session. Type:

ssh username@ipaddressofminer

Once you're logged in, you can just do screen -x amm -p 0 to open up your screen session.

The reason why I say this is because Phoenix really reduces your computer's graphical responsiveness, and this can make it very slow over VNC. However, if you want to use VNC, you probably want Xterm to keep opening. It won't prevent you working headlessly if xterm does open, but it makes the screens look a bit uglier (they're restricted to the size of your xterm in terms of amount of space they can take up).

If you want to donate, feel free to test donateMode. Tongue It gives me 0.5% of your mining capability.

On the device, if Phoenix sees your GPUs as 1/2/3/4 you should choose 1/2/3/4. My phoenix sees my CPU as 3, GPUs as 0/1/2.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:31:18 PM

Ok I got them working then I closed the console, but they continued working. Well I used stopmining.sh which worked. Is that the only way to stop them?

And the main problem - the speeds are half of what I should get. ~210 Mhash/s compared to 435 Mhash/s

I just found out phoenixQueueSize[0]="256" and I'm absolutely certain I pressed 1 as default during setup.
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:40:13 PM

Ok I got them working then I closed the console, but they continued working. Well I used stopmining.sh which worked. Is that the only way to stop them?

And the main problem - the speeds are half of what I should get. ~210 Mhash/s compared to 435 Mhash/s

I just found out phoenixQueueSize[0]="256" and I'm absolutely certain I pressed 1 as default during setup.

Try changing it to 1 and retry. That bit was an issue with the code which I will fix now and upload a new version, thanks.

Edit: Fixed in 0.3.2.4.

Running stopmining.sh is the only way to get them to stop, this is by design intent, because it means if you're remote monitoring and your ssh session dies, your miners keep working.

CYPER

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:48:13 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 11:15:17 PM by CYPER

Well I fixed it and now it does not want to start mining:

Latest cards.lib file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/636058/

Also which part of the GUI/Desktop Environment do I need to stop when using SSH? Is it Gnome and then I just login in the console?
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:13:37 AM

Your GPU load is 0 apparently.

Can you grab the latest version and run the new checkphoenix.sh script?

Edit: Issue with Dropbox's server right now apparently. Joy. Cheesy

Edit2: Apparently they're migrating data and should be about 1 hour of downtime. This is where I really need a mirror. Tongue

Can you try Phoenix with the following options from the command line? (you need to be in phoenix dir)

./phoenix.py -q 1 -v  -u http://CYPER_GPU1:password@nl.btcguild.com:8332 -k phatk PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=1 WORKSIZE=256 AGGRESSION=11 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS

If this works, double check your phoenix directory (in common.lib) is correct, as that's the exact command the script is sending.

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:35:41 AM

Well I got it working and now I'm fighting the SSH thing.

Also I managed to start it and then running stopmining.sh does not seem to kill all instances - one card continued working no matter how many times and executed the stopmining script.

Regarding SSH am I supposed to see the same fancy window as when ran locally?

I ran: sudo DISPLAY=:0 ./startmining.sh /home/cyper/Autominer

And get this:
Autominer Initialization...
Starting in /home/cyper/Autominer
If this is the wrong directory, run "./startmining /path/to/Autominer" instead!
If the script fails, check the log file (default: /var/log/Autominer.log) for details of why.
Most likely, you haven't configured Autominer correctly.
If you can't work it out, don't give up, post at http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19861.0 and I'll try to help!

Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:37:41 AM

Re: stopmining.sh not killing, try running the following:

killall screen
killall phoenix.py

It could be that when you changed a card identifier, it lost one or something. Usually it kills everything.

On ssh, you should get the exact same screen, when you do 'screen -x amm -p 0'. The screenshot in the first post (which is down thanks to Dropbox) was taken in ssh.

m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 12:39:43 AM

Any chance of a download mirror for the file?

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:41:19 AM

Any chance of a download mirror for the file?

I'd sorely like to, but I don't have anywhere to ftp dump it to right now. Check back in 30 mins or so and Dropbox should be back up (they're migrating to another datacentre).

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:42:21 AM

killall screen
killall phoenix.py

It could be that when you changed a card identifier, it lost one or something. Usually it kills everything.

On ssh, you should get the exact same screen, when you do 'screen -x amm -p 0'. The screenshot in the first post (which is down thanks to Dropbox) was taken in ssh.

I'll try these commands next time I can't stop it.

I haven't forgotten 'screen -x amm -p 0 but it says:
There is no screen to be attached matching amm.

The first command does not work, cause I can hear when it starts mining Smiley

Locally everything works great apart from the information row where it does not display all GPUs.
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:45:03 AM

killall screen
killall phoenix.py

I'll try these commands next time I can't stop it.

I haven't forgotten 'screen -x amm -p 0 but it says:
There is no screen to be attached matching amm.

The first command does not work, cause I can hear when it starts mining Smiley

Locally everything works great apart from the information row where it does not display all GPUs.

Have you successfully connected via ssh, or are you in a local terminal?

Try doing 'screen -x amm -p 0' on your local machine (the one running the miner), as that's the exact command that's being run on the terminal which you say works by this code:

# Load Xterm if not running headless
if [ "$autoOpenXterm" -eq "1" ]; then
        xterm -T "Autominer" -e screen -x amm -p 0 &
fi

As long as this works, your ssh is probably not connected.

If by the information row you mean where it shows the hashes on my screenshot, you have to enable xmlRPC to make that work. See first post for details.

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:51:46 AM

Try doing 'screen -x amm -p 0' on your local machine (the one running the miner), as that's the exact command that's being run on the local terminal.

If by the information row you mean where it shows the hashes on my screenshot, you have to enable xmlRPC to make that work. See first post for details.

Yes I have successfully connected to the machine.

And yes the xmlRPC was enabled and working, apart from not showing all GPUs screens, but it was correctly showing the total speed.

I just restarted and it tries to connect to dropbox to check for newer version but as the site is down it won't. Will it start mining in that case?
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:52:46 AM

Try doing 'screen -x amm -p 0' on your local machine (the one running the miner), as that's the exact command that's being run on the local terminal.

Yes I have successfully connected to the machine.

And yes the xmlRPC was enabled and working, apart from not showing all GPUs screens, but it was correctly showing the total speed.

I just restarted and it tries to connect to dropbox to check for newer version but as the site is down it won't. Will it start mining in that case?

Should do after some failed attempts.

Can you show me what it looks like when it doesn't show all GPUs? Is it because your xterm is too small?

If so, try stopmining.sh, then change common.lib and set autoOpenXterm=0, then startmining.sh, then open a terminal, make it big and do screen -x amm -p 0.

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:57:58 AM

On a second attempt it connected immediately.

Here is what I mean by missing GPUs (the black line at the bottom):

and cycling through the screens does not show the missing GPUs.
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:59:04 AM

Oh, that's an issue with screen, I get the same sometimes when on my 3 GPU machine, the only fix I've found is restarting startmining.sh but it's in my bugs to fix list.

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:03:19 AM

If so, try stopmining.sh, then change common.lib and set autoOpenXterm=0, then startmining.sh, then open a terminal, make it big and do screen -x amm -p 0.

I did that and my machine started mining without the fancy window popping out.

then screen -x amm -p 0 said:

There is no screen to be attached matching amm
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:05:06 AM

I did that and my machine started mining without the fancy window popping out.

then screen -x amm -p 0 said:

There is no screen to be attached matching amm

Do screen -ls

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:08:17 AM

Do screen -ls
cyper@Woody:~/Autominer$ screen -ls
No Sockets found in /var/run/screen/S-cyper.

Also this is my attempt at running it via SSH:

I connect, enter my username, then password and then I can change directories, so I'm definitely connected.

screen -x amm -p 0 will produce There is no screen to be attached matching amm and I can hear the machine does not start mining.
Reikoku (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:11:29 AM

Do screen -ls
cyper@Woody:~/Autominer$ screen -ls
No Sockets found in /var/run/screen/S-cyper.

Also this is my attempt at running it via SSH:

I connect, enter my username, then password and then I can change directories, so I'm definitely connected.

screen -x amm -p 0 will produce There is no screen to be attached matching amm and I can hear the machine does not start mining.

try sudo screen -x amm -p 0

I'm not an expert on sudo but I think it would attach the screen to root's session so you might have to be root to use it.

CYPER

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:19:27 AM

try sudo screen -x amm -p 0

Ok, got the fancy screen under SSH, but it does not connect + F7-F8 doesn not work so how do I change screens?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: