Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: |ANN| DAS - Decentralized and Secure. Private Send. Masternodes.  (Read 153923 times)
crypto_patriot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:23:52 PM

So in reviewing granatgas-pool:

10 different miners yielding **269 GH/s** on easy blocks (<3000 difficulty) that switch in for 5-30 mins based on next block low difficulty, or switch out based on next block high difficulty caused by the MASSIVE hashpower. That is .25 TH/s being thrown in at will to maximize DAS blocks for max mining rewards. Compared to the regular 30-40 GH/s provided consistently by all other mining sources? Damn!!

There is NO way to compete with nor dilute that hashpower within reason. 269/309=87% hashpower in the hands of ONE autoswitching multipool. It would take the DAS community and consistent miners of DAS to bring to bear a min of 300 GH/s to hold a 51% mining. The x11 multipool there has up to 1.2 TH/s to bring to bear against all or one coin in their pool. That is the world of x11 ASICs.

I just hope the other pools are mining consistently, but I don't think so. EVERY time there is a difficult block over 5000 when I'm mining, I am the ONLY one who solves the block. ("breaks the block").

That is just rough. But that is one of the cons of an x11 single algo coin and the x11 ASICS now out there. Dash has a HUGE network, higher difficulty, with a lot of Dash in circulation at a high value with expensive masternodes= that's their protection). DAS = "same" system but very LOW cost, MUCH lower difficulty, low circulation, high mining possibility and easily exchangeable to BTC for immediate profit = no protection. (Why Vivo went neoscrypt? A little overboard on mining power/costs needed, IMHO)

Take it up the port from the ASICs? Or change something down the road to protect the integrity and reliability of DAS?

Regards,

c_p

"Student of every thing, master of no thing.
Student of every one, master of no one."
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:45:44 PM

Ultimately the difficulty algo needs to be adjusted to take into consideration the difficulty of the last "X" blocks so there is no easy way to jump in and out.  That is a task beyond the users and would be the Dev who would have to make the adjustment.  Any other solution is just a band-aid and will likely be exploited.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
kabi123

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:01:20 PM

meeh we cant do anything for now... only ''solution'' is to buy 50gh/s fix order from nicehash, and thats 0.1 BTC per day....( and thats bad solution)
or just let the network stuck and somtime unstuck it...
if u now permanently work on high diff block, then u only helping multipools generate huge profit..because they take all the easy blocks...

truckman should just ask them to remove das from their pool....

616westwarmoth

Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:25:38 PM

meeh we cant do anything for now... only ''solution'' is to buy 50gh/s fix order from nicehash, and thats 0.1 BTC per day....( and thats bad solution)
or just let the network stuck and somtime unstuck it...
if u now permanently work on high diff block, then u only helping multipools generate huge profit..because they take all the easy blocks...

truckman should just ask them to remove das from their pool....

I doubt they'll remove it, because pools make money on a share of the profits.  They want miners going after the low hanging fruit.  The only way to fix it short term is to ban them, but then they'll likely move to another pool.  The real solution is to adjust the difficulty algo to not pinball so much and take into account the last "x" blocks and how much hash power there was on average.  Anything less and you're just hoping for people to do the right thing (which obviously they aren't going to do).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
crypto_patriot

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:44:02 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 11:42:47 AM by crypto_patriot

Re: mining, difficulty algo and rewards

a.) the difficulty algo needs to be fixed with a "x" block lookback WITH TTF taken into account to balance an average TTF of 2.5 mins regardless of hashrate for the life of DAS mining until max coin achieved. *edit* If difficulty rises over time and reaches new ranges (which it is apparently doing), more hashpower is needed to continue the blockchain progression to keep things moving. A masternode network is useless unless there is a constant progression of the blockchain.
b.) The current difficulty algo is NOT working. Was something changed from the original DGWv3? It is supposed to prevent exactly what is happening. Have you looked at MIDAS? (an alternative to DGW when looking to upgrade the Kimoto's Gravity Well (KGW) limitations)
c.) The current mining block rewards is NOT working as spec'd. Was something changed from the original default? (I have the #'s to prove the calc is WRONG)
d.) HIGH difficulty blocks (harder to solve, more time, more hashrate, more cost) SHOULD be rewarded with higher block rewards. LOW difficulty blocks (easy to solve; lower cost/hashrate) should have LOWER rewards. Doesn't this make sense? It seems something is inverted somewhere in the code.
e.) IF the algos worked as they were intended and some MINOR adjustments were made, this will balance out the mining, create equitable rewards, keep the blockchain consistently timed for transactions and confirmations (reliability), create regular expected MN rewards like clockwork and prevent huge hashrate mega autoswitching x11 multipools from even getting interested in DAS to exploit EXACTLY these problems to their profit.

*edit*But ALL of this is addressed in your DAS whitepaper, right? (It SHOULD have been....) Also, just because the code works without errors (from a coding standpoint) doesn't necessarily means the output of the code is as was intended. That's what testnets and verification and calculation of all outputs compared to intended algorithm and specs are for and is what should have been done before any ANN or sale of DAS. I wasn't around at that time, but I AM analysing the outputs compared to your documented specs in the ANN. And diving into the mining this past week was a real eye-opener on what has been going on with DAS and all it's problems recently.

Truckman: THIS IS YOUR JOB TO FIX. Really, bro. IF you really don't understand nor know how to fix it: GET HELP! We can help identify problems and come up with various solutions, but it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and OBLIGATION as the SOLE dev (holding approx 25% of all created DAS to date) to fix it. You have premine to contract freelance coders and if you need help in the process, ASK. Sooner rather than later or they may be no DAS to fix. :\

I have been willing to help you with technicals for 6+ weeks but you choose to ignore it or just do not care and minimize what is wrong and what needs to be done. I may not be around much longer to help you nor the DAS community unless you ACT NOW. Thank you.

Things are very off kilter and it is currently detrimental to the future and success of DAS.

Regards,

c_p

shwin

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

sry guys but this coin is dead

Name:   Truckman
Activity:   126
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   May 06, 2017, 01:13:49 AM
Last Active:   September 05, 2017, 03:25:35 PM

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
chaosfourever

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

Everyone has their own definition of "dead".

The coin has active mining on at least 5 pools. There are almost a record 500 enabled masternodes. Active community on btctalk, telegram, slack and others. Active trading around it's average fiat price vs BTC. Is that your definition of dead?

Problems identified. Solutions found. Just need to get dev involved with community and correct longterm.

It has a cough and a limp, but VERY far from dead. Wink

Regards,

c_p
I wish there was a way that you could just take this over. You are always active here and know what you are doing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crypto_patriot

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:07:25 PM

The coin has active mining on at least 5 pools. There are almost a record 500 enabled masternodes. Active community on btctalk, telegram, slack and others. Active trading around it's average fiat price vs BTC. Is that your definition of dead?

Problems identified. Solutions found. Just need to get dev involved with community and correct longterm.

Regards,

c_p
I wish there was a way that you could just take this over. You are always active here and know what you are doing.

Unfortunately, there is not. Truckman is holding around 25% of circulation and can kill any takeover of DAS or profit from everyone else's labor in the long run.

It is actually easier and cheaper to fork a NEW coin that is done correctly from the start, properly coded, thoroughly tested, alpha/beta'd with constant dev by a 4-8 person dev team, proper resources and constant, efficient  involvement in the community.

I am putting together a post to state all my current opinions of DAS and to solicit interest in the dev of a new coin that will be what DAS could have been and much much more. There WILL be a reward to the existing DAS community for involvement in the new coin community when this new dev project goes pre-ANN/pre-exchange.

Regards,

c_p

AltMiner.net

Activity: 210

AltMiner.Net | Low-Fee Pool | 2hr Payout

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:21:20 PM

Regards,

c_p

Unfortunately, there is not. Truckman is holding around 25% of circulation and can kill any takeover of DAS or profit from everyone else's labor in the long run.

It is actually easier and cheaper to fork a NEW coin that is done correctly from the start, properly coded, thoroughly tested, alpha/beta'd with constant dev by a 4-8 person dev team, proper resources and constant, efficient  involvement in the community.

I am putting together a post to state all my current opinions of DAS and to solicit interest in the dev of a new coin that will be what DAS could have been and much much more. There WILL be a reward to the existing DAS community for involvement in the new coin community when this new dev project goes pre-ANN/pre-exchange.

Regards,

c_p

Count me in!

⚠️🚀 https://altminer.net 🚀⚠️ Low fee, multi algo pool | 2 hr payout | No registration required. ⚠️🚀 https://altminer.net 🚀⚠️
fastfalcon94

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:17:38 PM

I'll stay in if this coin is forked. It appears Truckman isn't committed anymore. His last few comments haven't really been meaningful. If you do fork this coin though and he still owns 25% of DAS wouldn't he still own 25% of the new coin? So he would benefit even more at the expense of others.
WinLikeStupid

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

As someone who has been looking at masternodes.pro for a few weeks wondering why this coin is sitting on one exchange... What the hell is going on here?

Yes, I stopped lurking and made an account just to ask that. Can someone please summarize where this coin is at and where it's headed? Sounds like you lost a dev.
klrrider09

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:46:55 PM

Currently all masternodes on on "Remove" status. Mine keeps cycling from "Start - PreEnable - Missing." Now it is "Remove." At least my wallet is syncing.
crypto_patriot

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:38:08 PM

I'll stay in if this coin is forked. It appears Truckman isn't committed anymore. His last few comments haven't really been meaningful. If you do fork this coin though and he still owns 25% of DAS wouldn't he still own 25% of the new coin? So he would benefit even more at the expense of others.
Why fork the coin with all the inherent problems? Like buying a broken common car and spending money to fix it up to mint condition when it's cheaper to just buy a car in mint condition. (ie, new fork from Dash (NOT DAS) with a fix to the difficulty algo, mining reward algo, x11 PoW limitations/weaknesses and more).
Make sure it works like it should out of the box in a parallel, not series, development.
Faster and cheaper and better.
Regards,

c_p

crypto_patriot

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

Currently all masternodes on on "Remove" status. Mine keeps cycling from "Start - PreEnable - Missing." Now it is "Remove." At least my wallet is syncing.
There was a TWO HOUR DELAY from block 44455 to 44456. Looks like kabi123 is trying to break the hard blocks that the big pools ignore and is having some luck on the lower difficulty blocks in quick succession thereafter before granatgas-pool gobbles up most of the profits. A lot of lower difficulty blocks in 3-5 mins, then a LONG delay, repeat. And the delays will get longer and longer and longer until the dev does something about it. granatgas-pool, zpool and the other unknown high hashrate pools are taking in all the profitable blocks.
kabi123 is either mining and/or spending personal BTC via nicehash contracts to break the blocks this weekend just like I have for the past 4 days. After I spent an equivalent of 3500 DAS (.16 BTC) the past 4 days on nicehash putting 10-50GH/s intermittently into the pool at sopool.us to keep the DAS blockchain afloat without major delays and sync problems, it has been a huge financial loss (50-70% loss depending on competing hashrate then I resell partial mining rewards and put back into mining contracts) for me so I give up. It would be nice for Truckman to reimburse those who are doing his job for him, but I doubt it after all the information I've given to him with absolutely no response nor action anywhere at all. Basically, I threw out hundreds of USD in DAS profits to try and balance the mining and it worked short-term, but is NOT a viable solution long-term. Hours and days wasted personally to make up for an absentee dev. Just not worth it anymore and I throw in the towel after over 6 weeks.

sopool.us: kabi123 = finder D61UnLj... / me = finder D5kEYpx... That's why the DAS network has been fine the past few days. Once kabi123 gives up, good luck on transaction time and transfers. (will be few and far between like last week)

You just CANNOT compete with an influx of 300 GH/s to 1 TH/s of hashpower on low difficulty/high reward blocks to make DAS mining profitable as a little guy on a small pool. We used to have a constant 80 GH/s keeping DAS afloat. Now down to about 25 +/- GH/s constant with 3-5 minute bursts of the HUGE hashpower multipools taking advantage of the situation regardless of how it affects the DAS network, transactions and value.
DAS is on community life-support and the dev is in a coma, IMHO. At some point, the plug will be pulled after the big pools squeeze every BTC they can from DAS and leave a shell of a frozen blockchain and dysfunctional network. That's how little x11 non-dev'd coins die. A slow, painful death as they get eaten by profit-switching x11 multipools. IT takes a LOT OF DEV and constant change to survive. That is not the case with DAS. The sales of the multipool mining rewards seems to be the only thing propping up NovaExchange. When they throw the mining difficulty higher permanently and blocks are stuck you won't be able to even transfer DAS from your wallet to Nova to jump out unless you pay for mining on nicehash to confirm your own transactions!! It will take hours and even days like what happened last week without someone throwing BTC at DAS mining via nicehash to "break the blocks" for the DAS community.
Again. I give up. It is just not worth the time, effort and BTC to fix it as a single member of the community. Truckman is the one sitting on approx 25% of DAS (approx 30 BTC/over $100,000 USD) and he is doing absolutely NOTHING to dev HIS coin. OUR coin. YOUR coin. Sad W.T.F?!

Regards,

c_p

kabi123

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:29:15 AM

hm i reviewed some DAS blocks that i mined/found on steamoctane and on altminers
max reward that i can get on steamoctane is 86,000 %, on altminer 99,100%...
first i thought this is just ebcause pos part that DAS have but...hohoho now i seee it as that i paying 14% taxes on steamoctane pfffff
and yes..its when i have 100% hashpower on that pools....hm
or maybe steamoctane have some problems with right blocks rewards , dontknow....

p.s. crypto_patriot
its not so bad at this moment, i can unstuck the network and still get some profit...
but today i fu..ed it ... ordered 70ghs, but nicehash pushed almost 200ghs, but pool detected it as 600ghs..just lol P, now i stucked it around 4.5k diff...
but im going to unstuck it today, i still have last 0.006 in nicehash, if someone else dont do it...P
cocojambo777

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:07:59 AM

Is 9399 the port that I should keep open to run the masternode?
DrReaper

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:44:50 AM

I sent a message to Granatgas. I hope he reads it and it and does something about the issue.
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:49:13 AM

Is 9399 the port that I should keep open to run the masternode?
Yes, that's correct . you must have a file.conf to set this your IP and open your port before making a masternode .
Hope you are doing well .
crypto_patriot

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:26:59 PM

DAS is now working on zpool
its another mark but im sure that this is DAS, because block and dif numbers are same as in netexplorer... now im know from where are the ''missing'' ghs that su.cking profit when i mine heh P
DA$
http://www.zpool.ca/site/block?id=2319
http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/DAS?height=43796
http://das.thecryptochat.net/block.php?height=43796

ehm and granatpool blocks are now confirmed, no more orphans at this moment...

I submitted a ticket to zpool previously to clarify that they were mining DAS, which is completely different and has nothing to do with DA$.

zpool.ca response:
"Thanks for cleaning that up as I too was confused to which coin was which and which name it was.

fixed now. cheers"

Something which will come up again and again and again until ALL sources of the confusion are corrected. :\

Regards,

c_p

dodopool

Activity: 238

dodopool.com operator

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

fyi if anyone is interested
both granatgas and zpool are auto-switch pools which will redirect hash power to easier coins but there is one significant difference. Zpool does not do 100% - 0% switches unlike granatgas. The distribution algo shares the hash rate amongst "a few coins" depending on difficulty distribution i.e: 60% - 20% - 5% - 5% - 5% - 5% (obviously i am making these numbers up)

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: