Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Multi-Coin][Stratum] multipool.in newbies support thread  (Read 27248 times)
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:25:49 AM

I received some more, but not all.  It does seem to be fixed now. I'm guessing it won't be possible to "fix" it completely if mining was carried out on two forks, not without a time machine Smiley  Some of the mined coins will simply cease to exist.

Well, it kind of sucks to lose the coins for 2 full days of mining. I'll just chock it up to a life lesson and use the auto pay feature at all pools I deal with to minimize the loss if something like this happens again.

It wouldn't have made a difference. Remember the "coins" only exist in your wallet because they show up on the blockchain. It isn't like a bank account where money is transferred into it. So when a fork happens, and then gets resolved, any transfers done and new coins created on the fork that didn't survive don't exist. It's like they simply never happened at all. So if you have done auto-payout, once the fork was resolved there would be no record of your payment on the blockchain and no record those coins were ever created in the first place. Your wallet, once it updated to the correct block chain, would show the lower balance without the non-existent coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShowerFarts

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:33:30 AM

I received some more, but not all.  It does seem to be fixed now. I'm guessing it won't be possible to "fix" it completely if mining was carried out on two forks, not without a time machine Smiley  Some of the mined coins will simply cease to exist.

Well, it kind of sucks to lose the coins for 2 full days of mining. I'll just chock it up to a life lesson and use the auto pay feature at all pools I deal with to minimize the loss if something like this happens again.

It wouldn't have made a difference. Remember the "coins" only exist in your wallet because they show up on the blockchain. It isn't like a bank account where money is transferred into it. So when a fork happens, and then gets resolved, any transfers done and new coins created on the fork that didn't survive don't exist. It's like they simply never happened at all. So if you have done auto-payout, once the fork was resolved there would be no record of your payment on the blockchain and no record those coins were ever created in the first place. Your wallet, once it updated to the correct block chain, would show the lower balance without the non-existent coins.

Thank you very much for your assistance in helping me wrap my head around this whole fork thing. I'm wondering though what would happen if I earned some of the coins pre-fork, since I requested the payout post-fork, would all my pre-fork coins be gone?
roy7

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:24:12 AM

Thank you very much for your assistance in helping me wrap my head around this whole fork thing. I'm wondering though what would happen if I earned some of the coins pre-fork, since I requested the payout post-fork, would all my pre-fork coins be gone?

The coins you mind before the fork still exist. The payout after the fork never happened. So those coins should still be around. The pool might have recorded the payout to you but they'll just need to reverse those since any forked payouts made on pre-forked coins were never actually sent.

Forks are super annoying but thankfully pretty rare, even in alt chains. It has been ages since it happened in BTC I believe.
nails

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:20:38 AM

I dont have any coins from before the fork the other day i did not recieve any at all. first and last time using multipool
klewwe

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:31:14 AM

I think I Might have transferred SXC from your pool when it was forked since it has been hours and I haven't received them yet. I hope something can be done since it was over 11,000 coins.  Shocked
Thanks!

You're not saying you had 11k+ coins on the pool and not making a payout are you? Shocked
ShowerFarts

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:11:22 AM

I think I Might have transferred SXC from your pool when it was forked since it has been hours and I haven't received them yet. I hope something can be done since it was over 11,000 coins.  Shocked
Thanks!

You're not saying you had 11k+ coins on the pool and not making a payout are you? Shocked
Yeah, I started mining SXC before I had a wallet set up, so I let too much accumulate on the pool. Lesson Learned. I am still using the pool however, since I don't believe that the operator was responsible for the fork. I will just cash out regularly.
roy7

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:09:51 PM

flound1129 seems quite reputable and withdrawing doesn't protect from a fork. It does protect from a hacker robbing the pool, I guess. Smiley
AltCoinsForMe

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:35:40 PM

Is the "Everyone recieves 60% of estimated rewards." world coin issue being accounted for on the rewards calculations?

http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/41-everyone-recieves-60-of-estimated-rewards/

Thanks.
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:44:31 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 01:39:55 AM by flound1129

flound1129 seems quite reputable and withdrawing doesn't protect from a fork. It does protect from a hacker robbing the pool, I guess. Smiley

Actually, *not* withdrawing would protect you from a fork, as your balance exists as a row in a database table and not on the blockchain.

The pool lost around 30,000 coins due to the fork. I will personally cover anyone's losses from the fork.  Please contact me if you lost coins due to the fork.  I know that some people did in fact receive their coins eventually, once the fork resolved itself, so be prepared to document your losses.

Miners on the pool, cumulatively, should only have lost 20 blocks worth of coins, since those 20 blocks were invalidated before they were paid out.  All of the forked blocks that were paid out remained in your balances unless you withdrew them and they somehow got lost in the network.  Again, I am a bit skeptical about this happening as I was in communication with one person who eventually received all their payouts, even the ones sent during the fork.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:48:55 AM

Is the "Everyone recieves 60% of estimated rewards." world coin issue being accounted for on the rewards calculations?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, I can't estimate what percentage of worldcoin blocks will be stales/orphans.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:49:34 AM

I received some more, but not all.  It does seem to be fixed now. I'm guessing it won't be possible to "fix" it completely if mining was carried out on two forks, not without a time machine Smiley  Some of the mined coins will simply cease to exist.

Send me your pool username and I'll look into this.

AltCoinsForMe

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:18:38 AM

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, I can't estimate what percentage of worldcoin blocks will be stales/orphans.

I am just concerned that this is pointing all the port 7777 people's to a less rewarding coin.  I believe you when you say you can't estimate future coins, but can you track it for a period of time and verify or debunk the issue?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:04:46 PM

Thanks.

I am just concerned that this is pointing all the port 7777 people's to a less rewarding coin.  I believe you when you say you can't estimate future coins, but can you track it for a period of time and verify or debunk the issue?

You're right.  For now I changed the profitability calculation to rank WDC at 75% of its "optimal" profitability.  We'll see how things go.

AltCoinsForMe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:16:20 AM

So, I tried mining the Digi-Coins.  I started around 9 last night, it is now 5 for me.  The estimate has been floating around 100 DGC a day, so far my take for 20 hours is 48.6.  That will probably put me around 56-57 after 24 hours, roughly 60% of the estimate.  These guys may have a point that all the calculations are wrong, at least on fast coins.

Is there something you could do on your end to provide a historical average of reward / hashing?

Thanks.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:36:51 AM

So, I tried mining the Digi-Coins.  I started around 9 last night, it is now 5 for me.  The estimate has been floating around 100 DGC a day, so far my take for 20 hours is 48.6.  That will probably put me around 56-57 after 24 hours, roughly 60% of the estimate.  These guys may have a point that all the calculations are wrong, at least on fast coins.

Is there something you could do on your end to provide a historical average of reward / hashing?

Thanks.

You were mining DGC direct or using the multiport?

Eva Braun

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:16:40 AM

anyone use them yet?
AltCoinsForMe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:15:19 AM

Directly.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

Directly.

Check the my stats page.  I added a column in the table on the left called "worker uptime".  What does yours say?

AltCoinsForMe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:08:13 PM

Meh, Sorry, I went to bed early and missed this.

I switched back to litecoins last night so the numbers are off, but this should answer your question

http://imgur.com/eVTi7z5

That block of time netted me 72.3273 WDC, though the estimate kept floating around 101 in a 24 hour period.

Does that help?
Krusher33

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

I've started mining with multipool.in:7777.  It appears to be working and communicating well.  It has been 2 hours and I'm not seeing any updates in My Stats.

Did I do something wrong?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: