Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:55:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i get my bitcoin back?  (Read 2878 times)
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:19:26 PM

That is the more reason we are always advice to store our private keys in a safe place such as creating a hardware copy of the security keys in that case being very hard to be misplaced and easily accessible when emergency arrive. I have a friend who also lost a lot of bitcoin due to lose of security keys.
MicaleFalcon

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:22:19 PM

It is impossible to recover your bitcoin without privet key because it is more than a safe zone and you must recover that phone to recover your coin.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

Without private key its not possible to open the wallet in other phone or laptop even if you have password, the only way is if phone recovered and it was not reset to factory settings, it is always recommended to write private key on paper or store it a h/w wallet or somewhere you can access it anytime, good luck.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Lizzyflower

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:49:44 PM

and he knows his password for the private keys. Is there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password?
[/quote]

I don't quite understand what you mean by "he knows his password for the private key".
May I ask the wallet he uses!
spain cool

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:50:52 PM

Such an ignorant who have bumped this old thread. It's already get answered from anyone but y you guys keep answering like the OP is watching the entire commentS?
mrbamboo

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:38:25 PM

You asked if you could get your Bitcoin back. I do not understand what you mean. If you store Bitcoin in your electronic wallet but lose your password, you can find the password, but it will be very difficult and time consuming. If you have lost your electronic wallet from a hacker or someone, that means you can not get your Bitcoin back. Xin chin sad with you.
pejuang_mamak

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

yes this year the twists and turns of bitcoin are really great starting from the news of being hit by a rampant hack so many people are afraid to use bitcoin

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Of course not. If you lose the key to entering a Bitcoin wallet, then you lose your Bitcoin forever.

So from that, keep your wallet and key in a safe place. If necessary, do a gradual backup.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
CrypTM

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:03:15 AM

Since the private keys are on the phone which he lost then the bitcoin is gone forever as you cannot hack an account .
ngamuk tok

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:44:48 AM

A friend of mine had some Bitcoin on his phone a couple of years ago and he's lost that phone which stored the private keys on without any other backup. We can see his balance on the blockchain and he knows his password for the private keys. Is there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password?
no, private wallet key is the only access to your wallet.
without a private key, your wallet password doesn't work at all.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:48:40 AM

no, as long your firnds dont have the private key i think you never can't open that wallet, but i will ask you first what wallet that your friend use in that phone? i think if use the 3rd application there are the menu to reset the password

bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:52:29 AM

I believe there is no way of retrieving any lost bitcoin of you don't have any access to their keys. In short your friends bitcoin is lost forever. Always store keys in safe places where you can have access all the time and please always have backup keys for safety and emergency purposes. You may not know when you gonna need them.
Panunggalan

Activity: 139
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:37:18 AM

we just have to wait 3 months for sure we get bitcoin back, the price of bitcoin is very bad, we can't rely on the price of bitcoin now, I'm looking for profit, it's very difficult.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:28:12 AM

When you lost your bitcoin there is no turing back because there's no device who can trace your wallet address. You are the one who is reponsible for your account that is why we called privacy because you are the only one who knows your account unless you told it to others.

maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:58:39 AM

there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password and private keys is the only way to access our bitcoin but if we lost our private keys, we cannot access our address our token will be lost forever. you are thinking that you can brute force it, forget it will take a million years or longer before you can found your private key so, next time make a back up of your private keys..
market-beta

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:02:46 AM

if bitcoin agan is lost because it's stolen by irresponsible people. then you can never come back bro. but if the cause of loss in investing. most likely can come back bro .
daniel23789

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:06:12 AM

I do not think that he can be able to recover his bitcoin back because private key is must for every crypto coins you are holding. If your friend created
a wallet with blockchain.info you should know wallet ID along with password. Do not be careless with your money, you should take a backup of every coins you are holding.
wairawein

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:10:23 PM

Losing private key is unrecoverable, very hard.
yanixbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:21:32 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 01:34:35 PM by yanixbtc

A friend of mine had some Bitcoin on his phone a couple of years ago and he's lost that phone which stored the private keys on without any other backup. We can see his balance on the blockchain and he knows his password for the private keys. Is there a way of creating the private key from the bitcoin address and the known password?

This is very sad. Unfortunately there is no other way to get back your friend's bitcoin. The only way to open it is the private key. Your friend should have printed it in a paper for back-up.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

We all know that bitcoin is very sustainable and volatile crypto currency and one of its important characteristic is that its transactions provide us the most secure and confidential transactions and thus it provides user anonymity by providing peer to peer transactions and thus it is next to impossible to steal or hack any bitcoin information unless and until you keep your keys and passwords very secure and confidential, one I sent bitcoin to someone accidentally and then I was unable to get my bitcoins back without his will and I just got hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: