Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising?  (Read 20539 times)
tehuantepecer

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

I think if the team is solid, the product is something I can see and it is obviously more than just an idea, then it is worth seriously considering.

True, team is a solid factor, although in this case you won't be able to meet them physically. Market size is just as important.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:28:58 AM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

This question was asked in july! If the op were to answer his own question he may find interesting answer for himself. As long as there is ineffective, wasteful and centralized system, people will keep on looking for solutions and that search will lead them to blockchain applications that are promising. Such of such promising one is Spectre. Spectre is creating Brokerless platform for Financial instrument and Asset all over the world. Isn't that promising?
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:36:01 AM

Being new to this, investing in ICO is still promising for me, even though I missed the big party, if I research correctly am sure am going to find smaller parties, with decent returns.

If people support this, meaning only the good projects, then it will continue to rise, with just slower returns and less projects over time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tehuantepecer

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:00:40 AM

we don't need to think that all ICOs are scams... There are many really good teams now who are trying to launch a new coin but they are also trying to make a wide and strong community and have some really demanding technologies behind this.   
Not all icos are scam but a good number are, they make promises about a project and people give to them millions of dollars and then after some time they just disappear with all the money they got from their investors and after sometime they come back to the forum to try to scam members once again.
they dont need disappear. they just say project fail and sorry, very sorry. that's all. so check team profile is very important.

What about market size and trends?
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1293

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:14:14 AM

Being new to this, investing in ICO is still promising for me, even though I missed the big party, if I research correctly am sure am going to find smaller parties, with decent returns.

If people support this, meaning only the good projects, then it will continue to rise, with just slower returns and less projects over time.
if you will analyze carefully you have the best chance to make a profit than to lose, as long as you will invest in big
ICOs that has a chance to be successful you can expect devs will be inspired in achieving their goals based on the road map,
that way you will see the value increase and you can sell with a profit.

You just need to learn to hold longer as success does not happen overnight.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Daisuke

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:19:45 AM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

Some are just investing on ICO's just to have a bonus then dumps it after they recieve their tokens.
Vaultbank.io

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:37:54 AM

Yes, most definitely, because of the unregulated nature of these investments many of them can be higher risk than other traditional investments, however, like other higher risk investments this comes with a higher return. I'd say treat ICOs like you would any other investment with a similar risk profile and make sure you diversify your investments to match you risk-return preferences.
Crptotradr

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:58:48 AM

Some are just investing on ICO's just to have a bonus then dumps it after they recieve their tokens.

Yeah I do not agree with that.  I now look for ICOs with little to no bonus given.  Bounty is fine as it helps spread the project but bonus is just a bad idea.

Anything interesting that you are watching?
Steve Worker

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

Anything interesting that you are watching?
Bankera may be interesting https://icodrops.com/bankera/
Love the idea of decentralized banking system!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:20:33 AM

This is the truth about ICO's nowadays, mostly doesn't care about the road maps, whitepapers or any plans the devs wants to make it happen. Every ICO investor is researching first on what are the promising projects and once they seen those projects that are attracting more investors they'll get into it already. The bonus tokens are the most attracting bonus that ICO's are doing most of the time now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 09:05:44 AM

From the investor's point of view, the profit from ico purchase is the main one. There are some projects that just want their sales to work and eventually move very slowly in every project update after the coins appear in the market trading, this is a big problem, not all investors have a "dump" mental, if the coins they buy have a prospect then they will keep it.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
ioseta

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:10:53 AM

it is actually getting really hard to find a promising ICO to invest. There are a lot of projects and ICOs in market, more and more.
But my answer is yes, on condition that after carefully research.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:07:37 PM

we don't need to think that all ICOs are scams... There are many really good teams now who are trying to launch a new coin but they are also trying to make a wide and strong community and have some really demanding technologies behind this.    
Not all icos are scam but a good number are, they make promises about a project and people give to them millions of dollars and then after some time they just disappear with all the money they got from their investors and after sometime they come back to the forum to try to scam members once again.
they dont need disappear. they just say project fail and sorry, very sorry. that's all. so check team profile is very important.
yeah because there are so many cases like that, so doing picky and research before choosing ICO is the most important thing, maybe first you can see the formation and profile of dev team, then the seriousness of the project they are working on, then their innovation, if all is clear , you can start choosing that ICO
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:18:05 PM

It’s completely depend on project recent ico change is doing very well even the ceo had interview in bbc News and pre sale was biggest success in recent ICOs there still lots of good concept but has to choose properly.
steveouttrim

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:59:32 PM

If they get on mainstream media like BBC, CNBC etc I think that is one sign of credibility. The people behind it are proud to show their faces publicly. Still no guarantee of success, depends on concept, market size, does it address pain points, etc.
Vaultbank.io

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:54:12 PM

I think you should treat ICOs like any higher risk investment. Do your research, particularly on the founders, and diversify your investments to reflect your risk profile.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:48:26 AM

As long as the ICO arrives and offers creative and innovative ideas then very realistic to be realized. I'm sure there will be many investors who will put their money in that ICO. The team will also be influential from the future of ICO. choose ICO that experience team in that sector and trusted. when the project is running of course you as an investor will get a profit..
silverthornne

Activity: 148

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:22:58 AM

I found that listing interesting : https://etherscan.io/tokens

Those token are profitable, aren't they ?

Most oft them are following a business model of sharing profit which ensure that token price should go up.

Some of them might be considered as securities, but is it that bad to follow a business model that have proven track of success ?

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:56:49 AM

If you have invested in right ICO then you will be making huge profits but now its very hard to trust many ICOs as most of them have turned out to be scam in the past so you need to be very careful before investing into any ICO.

CroDam

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

I think it is still posible to find promising ICO, but with time is much much harder.
Last year have been gold one for investing in good ICOs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: