Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i trust EtherDelta with my Private Keys ?  (Read 11015 times)
asuusa

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:16:39 PM

I personally haven't used it but according to my research and based on people's reviews it is safe to assume that we can trust our Private Key with it.
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

using private key and password equally provide security for our account because we are saving. but so far there has never been a loss in the etherdelta exchanger by the user because it uses a private key.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:37:56 PM

I have used EtherDelta but have never trusted the exchange fully.  I have a separate Ethereum address which I use only for EtherDelta.  I will transfer the tokens that I will trade on ED on this ETH address.  I do not keep any extra tokens in this address, so I am limiting my risk to only the tokens I am trading on ED. 
I feel that is a good way to stay secured in case one have some doubts. I have never really liked the idea of toying with private keys all the time, which is why I do not even make use of MEW every now and then.

Moreover, so far that I have been using EtherDelta, they do not store private keys and it is just in every one's best interest to be careful themselves in making sure they are actually on EtherDelta's official website or get it bookmarked. However, with your strategy, it is better to be safe than sorry.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

you have to watch out be carefull !
Why would he need to be careful ?
EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange and a lot of people have been using them now for a very long time. Definitely, one should be careful of phishing websites when it comes to inputting private keys so as not to fall a victim of losing all the funds in one's wallet. EtherDelta itself is not the problem and they have been doing a great job all these while.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

I have not done any transaction on etherdelta yet. Most of the response here have reassured one that etherdeltha is safe to use with one's private keys. But  I will go with the option of creating  a separate wallet and transferring  what tokens I need to exchange .
kemet jr

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

I have tried ether delta and till now I am in it. I have given my PK (nothing but here alone) but until now, nothing happened to my eths in MEW nor to my tokens. So far i got no trust issues for now.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:00:56 PM

I have not done any transaction on etherdelta yet. Most of the response here have reassured one that etherdeltha is safe to use with one's private keys. But  I will go with the option of creating  a separate wallet and transferring  what tokens I need to exchange .

The steps you take are good even though etherdelta is very reliable but we must avoid the things we do not want that might happen. Personally, I already use etherdelta for some time and faced no problem yet.

stz6400

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:03:39 PM

Does anyone know how to properly configure MetaMask for correct trading on Etherdelta?
parassinghal

Activity: 210

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

Yes, you can trade your tokens from etherdelta. It is completely safe to use your private key with etherdelta. I am nkt using etherdelta but few of my relatives uses etherdelta to tradr tolens.

Dr Leon

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:34:17 AM

Please how can I link my ether wallets to etherdelta...
And how will I see my token thou it has not been listed.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:17:55 AM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?
Yes you can, as far as i know the private key isn't stored at their server but only on our local browser so it's safe to import your private key. As long as you use the right website and never click phising link you should be fine. I've used etherdelta for about 2 months and never has a problem beside the lag sometimes.

Rhesie

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:43:43 AM

Yes. You can trust etherdelta with your private key. Some of my friend used this for trading.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:18:06 AM

EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange and a lot of people have been using them now for a very long time. Definitely, one should be careful of phishing websites when it comes to inputting private keys so as not to fall a victim of losing all the funds in one's wallet. EtherDelta itself is not the problem and they have been doing a great job all these while.
Only a guess and The possibility of the person it has entered the wrong room until he was thrown into a phishing site. Which made him traumatized and lost. Don't get out of control, I agree that caution is highly recommended but be a wise when ensuring the authenticity of the site. Learn from the wrong step

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
CryptoDens

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:31:21 AM

Hello,

I wanted to try etherdelta to trade my tokens.

Can i trust etherdelta with my Private keys ?

To know more about Etherdelta here the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018051.0
I believe etherdelta will protect our private key,
here I get from reddit about private key trade on etherdelta
I believe the private keys are stored in the cache system of the browser when they are imported. And the key is used to signing transactions or signing a message in the case of placing orders. So they don't actually leave the browser and are not sent over the internet to the website. And when the "forget the account" button is pushed the cache is cleared.

so better to forget the account you done trading on etherdelta to make sure your private key secure only you can access your wallet.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:35:55 AM

Definitely you could trust etherdelta for yoyr private key. It is one of the most used in crypto currency world. It has been used over the last years. Your private key is secured unless you make a mistake of giving it to others. You may also do some reasearches about etherdelta, go on forums or even the website of etheredelta have numbers of freuently asked questions. All your queries maybe answred.

BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:38:41 AM

Only a guess and The possibility of the person it has entered the wrong room until he was thrown into a phishing site. Which made him traumatized and lost. Don't get out of control, I agree that caution is highly recommended but be a wise when ensuring the authenticity of the site. Learn from the wrong step

So far we didn't have problem. Etherdelta don't store your wallet key information. They don't be stealing your wallet code, just make sure your computer is in safe. That's all.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:55:07 AM

My friend have around 3k usd on etherdelta for a long time . Seems like everything is ok , just be sure that you have no malware on PC
Katheriner

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:07:41 PM

So far I didn't faceSo far I didn't face any problem, as long as I know etherdelta is save. any problem, as long as I know etherdelta is save. Wink
cadreamsurf

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:35:55 PM

I trust, but I do not hold significant sums for me. I think Metamask can save me. if some viruses are in chrome after site(unreliable) visits.
For greater reliability - create new wallets every time.

kz06

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:53:18 PM

according to privacy. etherdelta is gud and trustable but it is slow platform.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: