Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE-SALE 30% BONUS] MASS Token - Masternode And Staking Service  (Read 29164 times)
masstoken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:06:36 PM

I have some questions that I don't think have been answered yet.

You show the appreciation of various POS coins, but since the dividends are payed out daily in ETH, wouldn't that mean that anyone staking would not get the benefit of that appreciation since it would immediately be sold for eth?
That is correct in a way, but also not, as the unstaked tokens will be benefiting from this, which will increase the value of mass. We do have it planned that after launch we will be putting in the ability to have those coins 'held' until you wish to withdraw them (into eth or whatever coin you choose) however.

You indicate that in the future you hope to have dividends payed in each coin that the fund holds if a MASS holder would prefer that... How would that work?  Would there be a web-wallet you host that would hold each different coin for the MASS holder, or would it be necessary for the MASS holder to have a wallet for each of the currencies in the fund?

I think this is an excellent concept, and helps get people into the POS space without having to spend exorbitant amounts of money.  I appreciate your reply!
It would just be a variable that gets sent along with the staking, such as neos neosaddress, i would expect them to either have their own wallets, or to have it sent to an exchange, that would be up to the users tho. (this could change, if there is enough demand we could host wallets for them, but easiest would be the user having their own wallet) Also, when we say staking rewards paid in each coin, we mean people being able to select, not getting EVERY single coin, so as in you could select btc or doge or etc or stratis or whatever to be paid out in, and it would be paid out to that specific address.

Hopefully that clears that up a little.

I appreciate the clarification.

So the only way a MASS holder benefits from appreciation in the various coin's price, is through the increase in value in the fund itself, or if they get REALLY lucky and happen to pick payouts in one of the coins that happens to increase by a bazillion %. 

While this is certainly not something that would stop me contributing, I think that, if it were possible, being able to choose a longer time horizon, but rewards in multiple currencies would be nice to have as an option.  Something like you can get the top 10 holdings distributed to you pro-rata on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.  That way I would have Pivx, Nem, etc in my wallet in the chance it increased significantly, rather than completely held by the fund.

You also mention that MASS can be exchanged for its pro-rata amount of the fund in Eth...Does that mean that the value of the fund at any given time in eth is available for exchange?  So if Pivx increased another 500% when compared to Eth, which makes the whole fund 2x more valuable in eth (unrealized), would my potential cash-out portion have increased a corresponding amount in Eth (double)?

Sorry for the more detailed questions, I just want to make sure I have a handle on it.

Thanks!

You can burn/liquidate at any time, so yes if the fund increased by that much you would be able to burn and get that much, that is how it functions. Keep in mind that the portfolio auto rebalances if something like that were to happen, so if pivx went up 500% it would be rebalanced out into the other coins/masternodes + new coins/masternodes + since it is 500% it would trigger the unicorn event in the contract, in which mass holders get a bonus payout

masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:21:38 PM

While this is certainly not something that would stop me contributing, I think that, if it were possible, being able to choose a longer time horizon, but rewards in multiple currencies would be nice to have as an option.  Something like you can get the top 10 holdings distributed to you pro-rata on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.  That way I would have Pivx, Nem, etc in my wallet in the chance it increased significantly, rather than completely held by the fund.

Also to add, it isn't that it can't be done, it is just that for launch something like that won't be in place. We don't want feature creep to come into play for launch/ICO, we want to keep it basic and functional from the start then we can add in new things as the community requests.

mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:37:07 PM

I have some questions that I don't think have been answered yet.

You show the appreciation of various POS coins, but since the dividends are payed out daily in ETH, wouldn't that mean that anyone staking would not get the benefit of that appreciation since it would immediately be sold for eth?
That is correct in a way, but also not, as the unstaked tokens will be benefiting from this, which will increase the value of mass. We do have it planned that after launch we will be putting in the ability to have those coins 'held' until you wish to withdraw them (into eth or whatever coin you choose) however.

You indicate that in the future you hope to have dividends payed in each coin that the fund holds if a MASS holder would prefer that... How would that work?  Would there be a web-wallet you host that would hold each different coin for the MASS holder, or would it be necessary for the MASS holder to have a wallet for each of the currencies in the fund?

I think this is an excellent concept, and helps get people into the POS space without having to spend exorbitant amounts of money.  I appreciate your reply!
It would just be a variable that gets sent along with the staking, such as neos neosaddress, i would expect them to either have their own wallets, or to have it sent to an exchange, that would be up to the users tho. (this could change, if there is enough demand we could host wallets for them, but easiest would be the user having their own wallet) Also, when we say staking rewards paid in each coin, we mean people being able to select, not getting EVERY single coin, so as in you could select btc or doge or etc or stratis or whatever to be paid out in, and it would be paid out to that specific address.

Hopefully that clears that up a little.

I appreciate the clarification.

So the only way a MASS holder benefits from appreciation in the various coin's price, is through the increase in value in the fund itself, or if they get REALLY lucky and happen to pick payouts in one of the coins that happens to increase by a bazillion %. 

You also mention that MASS can be exchanged for its pro-rata amount of the fund in Eth...Does that mean that the value of the fund at any given time in eth is available for exchange?  So if Pivx increased another 500% when compared to Eth, which makes the whole fund 2x more valuable in eth (unrealized), would my potential cash-out portion have increased a corresponding amount in Eth (double)?

Sorry for the more detailed questions, I just want to make sure I have a handle on it.

Thanks!

You can burn/liquidate at any time, so yes if the fund increased by that much you would be able to burn and get that much, that is how it functions. Keep in mind that the portfolio auto rebalances if something like that were to happen, so if pivx went up 500% it would be rebalanced out into the other coins/masternodes + new coins/masternodes + since it is 500% it would trigger the unicorn event in the contract, in which mass holders get a bonus payout

Thanks for the replies, it is helpful.  As for the feature creep, I have no problem waiting for additional features like that, and definitely understand that there is an entire UI/UX element, not to mention the technical aspect of working with multiple technologies, that would have to worked out before some of the more exotic features could be implemented.  I would never expect that to happen for the initial product, but the number of options that could be added in the future is impressive.  So I appreciate your humoring me, and thanks for the responses!
hansen.ng

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:38:16 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 07:03:15 PM by hansen.ng

Looking good! I will be following closely. I hope it will be as big as Dash or even bigger and we will all be financailly free.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 06:45:29 PM

Looking good! I will be following closely. I hope it will be as big as Dash.

Well, the good thing about it being a pool is, it can grow much quicker and larger than any individual coin in it can grow, as it represents many coins inside it. The sum of all its parts becomes more valuable than any single part.

cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

Hi masstoken.  Can you get Kris "Syntaks" Borodiansky aka twoturtles to make a post in here? 
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 07:09:13 PM

Hi masstoken.  Can you get Kris "Syntaks" Borodiansky aka twoturtles to make a post in here? 

Hey cryptosifu,

Is there something I can help with?

mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:32:01 PM

Well, the good thing about it being a pool is, it can grow much quicker and larger than any individual coin in it can grow, as it represents many coins inside it. The sum of all its parts becomes more valuable than any single part.

Well, that's true in a sense.  You are far more protected because of the diversification, but the absolute fastest growth would be to get lucky and pick a single coin that does phenomenally well.  MASS seems like it has a much greater long-term upside, and less of a need to get lucky, but picking a coin that goes up 100,000% is still that absolute fastest way...but you may as well be trying to win the lottery!

Also, another question, like I haven't asked enough...  What do you use as an oracle for importing the current XYZ coin/Eth price into the smart contract?  Coinmarketcap, GDAX, manually updating, specific exchange?  Since that would be an integral part of the dividend/rewards process I am curious what price you use.

Thanks!
masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 07:38:12 PM

Well, that's true in a sense.  You are far more protected because of the diversification, but the absolute fastest growth would be to get lucky and pick a single coin that does phenomenally well.  MASS seems like it has a much greater long-term upside, and less of a need to get lucky, but picking a coin that goes up 100,000% is still that absolute fastest way...but you may as well be trying to win the lottery!

Also, another question, like I haven't asked enough...  What do you use as an oracle for importing the current XYZ coin/Eth price into the smart contract?  Coinmarketcap, GDAX, manually updating, specific exchange?  Since that would be an integral part of the dividend/rewards process I am curious what price you use.

Thanks!

That is actually fed from the backend itself, at the moment (for testing) it is bittrex, but it will likely be an aggregate of all the exchanges that are being used at the time. Obviously some of these coins won't be on bittrex, so it will also depend on where they are traded (if its only on one exchange, thats where that information comes from Wink)

Coinmarket cap probably isn't a bad way to do it as well, but there may be cases where the coin isn't even listed on there yet.

Tradegroup

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:17:22 PM

Very good project and idea.

I participated with 1 ethereum. I'm willing to buy 3900 more Mass if this question is answered.
How much for example Eth does someone get when he/she stakes with 10.000 Mass?

That question is unanswerable since none of us are psychic. You can do your own estimations, but they will be 100% wrong like every future prediction is, but at least you doing them puts you on the hook for it if you are correct or not.

Second question: Are you going to do more Marketing for the ICO?

Yes

Fair enough, thanks for your reply. Just invested a little more in it Smiley
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:24:25 PM

I see this token's advertisement in taas telegram channel and then I investigated a bit. Looks very neat and clear now, I hope the team adopt this project honestly and place it in a good where on marketcap.
cryptosifu

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:35:43 PM

Hey cryptosifu,

Is there something I can help with?

Hi Syntaks.  Actually no, thanks for stopping by and confirming that you are part of the project.   Smiley
cryptosifu

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:38:30 PM

Hi masstoken or syntaks, please correct me if i'm wrong but if the presale does not sell out, there will be less than 61 million MASS correct? or do you plan to allocate those remaining tokens from the presale into the ICO?  Thank you.
masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:34:39 PM

Hi masstoken or syntaks, please correct me if i'm wrong but if the presale does not sell out, there will be less than 61 million MASS correct? or do you plan to allocate those remaining tokens from the presale into the ICO?  Thank you.

There will be less tokens overall yes, although the presale tokens may be rolled back into the ICO, that will still mean less than 61million tokens, basically the goal is 50,000ETH, that will mean more tokens sold at 0% bonus (which will still mean less overall tokens than 61million).

seven.71

Activity: 770

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:59:54 PM

What is the minimum ETH if you want to participate in pre-sale MASS?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:02:28 PM

Hello, how much coin needed for masternode collateral?

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 10:04:40 PM

What is the minimum ETH if you want to participate in pre-sale MASS?

There is no minimum.

From the FAQ (https://mass.cloud/faq):

Is there a minimum to participate in the pre-sale or ICO?

No, we do not believe that is fair.

masstoken

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 10:06:58 PM

Hello, how much coin needed for masternode collateral?

This question makes no sense please read the FAQ (https://mass.cloud/faq):

How much MASS is needed for a master node?

You don't, your MASS represents a pool of many different cryptocurrencies with multiple PoS and Masternode wallets in each, even having 1 MASS entitles you to stake your share of all of them. The more MASS you have the more staking weight you have when you are staking, and therefore more portion of the staking rewards.

cryptosifu

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:17:05 PM

Hi masstoken or syntaks, please correct me if i'm wrong but if the presale does not sell out, there will be less than 61 million MASS correct? or do you plan to allocate those remaining tokens from the presale into the ICO?  Thank you.

There will be less tokens overall yes, although the presale tokens may be rolled back into the ICO, that will still mean less than 61million tokens, basically the goal is 50,000ETH, that will mean more tokens sold at 0% bonus (which will still mean less overall tokens than 61million).

Makes sense.  Thank you.
Lanfear88

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:09:45 AM

Great idea, I joined the pre-sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: