Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
GaddaKhan1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It's hilarious, I am still waiting for my APW3++ PSU and my D3s has arrived two weeks ago.

Cheers

here is some more great news [sarcasm] my D3s for Nov 21-29 batch were just shipped will be here in 2 days. Expect difficulty to jump again. Also clever bitmain is only sending D3s and not the PSU i bought with it. very smart of bitmain. very smart. so i have a shiny D3s but no way to power them.

Gulp. I guess I wasted my money on these D3s.

Gonna arrive and remain unboxed since there not even worth setting up.
Dockin

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:46:17 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It's hilarious, I am still waiting for my APW3++ PSU and my D3s has arrived two weeks ago.

Cheers

here is some more great news [sarcasm] my D3s for Nov 21-29 batch were just shipped will be here in 2 days. Expect difficulty to jump again. Also clever bitmain is only sending D3s and not the PSU i bought with it. very smart of bitmain. very smart. so i have a shiny D3s but no way to power them.
So help me understand this, are you guys actually planning to run these even after they become unprofitable to do so in a couple months? lets say they go from netting $2 a day to netting -$2 a day. Do you plan to unplug? Or sink more money into them in hopes that the price of Dash will rise?
Dockin

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:04:23 PM

bitmain has probably been mining dash for some time now. what it appears to be, is that once bitmain loses the ASIC monopoly on an algorithm, they basically just dump their entire inventory.

similar to diamond mines, if they own the monopoly they throttle the product slowly to maximize profits.  Right before Innosilicon came to market, bitmain dumped d3 to spoil the market and perhaps even kill the competitor. Now we're seeing 2 new litecoin miners and it seems bitmain is out to do the same once more.

http://1stminingrig.com/bw-l21-litecoin-scrypt-asic-miner-review/
http://1stminingrig.com/litecoin-scrypt-asic-miner-wolf-review-1-2-ghs/

by the time these guys can actually make it to market with a reasonable volume (if they ever do), it'll already be over for them. All the money spent on R & D will be toast. hard to spend 4k on a miner that yields $3 a day (after the flood). i dont think anyone was expecting to make $50 a day mining the d3, but atleast 5-10 bucks a day is still reasonable. 6 months ROI is perfectly acceptable.
Statistically speaking, Innosilicon has the most efficient Litecoin miner on the market still from what I've seen. Inno claims 1.21 KW/MHS which is slightly better than 1.36 KW/MHS as claimed buy the "wolf" miner when talking about efficiency.

Again, as history repeats itself here, Bitmain is again the cheaper, (arguably more reliable from what I've hear) alternative with their L3+, but less efficient in comparison at 1.59 KW/MHS

Summary in order of most efficient to least efficient (most likely also most expensive to least expensive but I'm guessing here):
- 1.21 KW/MHS = Innosilicon A4+
- 1.36 KW/MHS = "wolf" miner (http://1stminingrig.com/litecoin-scrypt-asic-miner-wolf-review-1-2-ghs/)
- 1.59 KW/MHS = Bitmain L3+
- 1.73 KW/MHS = BW-L21 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1918895.0)

So far, the Litecoin scene is looking VERY familiar.

It is very possible that there is a more efficient Litecoin miner available, but I haven't seen it yet. If anybody finds one I would love to know about it.
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:15:05 PM

You all want to subscribe to my firmware modification thread, I got some great news over there
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346161.msg23895278#msg23895278
lashatatu

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:24:40 PM

dash was 480 few minutes ago Sad damn i wish it increased more Sad
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:10:16 PM

what the hell caused such a spike in dash price?  not complaining at all but damn...........reason?
lashatatu

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:14:13 PM

what the hell caused such a spike in dash price?  not complaining at all but damn...........reason?
in my opinion it's bitcoin, bitcoin price is going low also bitcoin cash was 2200 today now both down so i thing people who dumping bitcoin and bitcoin cash because of price they are buying dash. it's not really good because when bitcoin recovers they will buy bitcoin with dash so there that
litas

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

in my opinion it's bitcoin, bitcoin price is going low also bitcoin cash was 2200 today now both down so i thing people who dumping bitcoin and bitcoin cash because of price they are buying dash. it's not really good because when bitcoin recovers they will buy bitcoin with dash so there that

This is just a speculation, we don't know if that's the reason.

lashatatu

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:52:15 PM

what the hell caused such a spike in dash price?  not complaining at all but damn...........reason?

i dont see other reason, people who dump btc most likely buy another crypto so 6 hours ago it was bcc now it's dash. it increases price of that crypto and after that u can dump again and invest in another crypto to increase it's price and so on Smiley

and if u have huge amounts u can really make impact like that, so other people do same thing untill u dump again Smiley it's really makes sense

and yes it's speculation but it makes sense
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

Cheers

So help me understand this, are you guys actually planning to run these even after they become unprofitable to do so in a couple months? lets say they go from netting $2 a day to netting -$2 a day. Do you plan to unplug? Or sink more money into them in hopes that the price of Dash will rise?

I am going to run my D3s because i have been there where coins are marignally profitable you just hold on to it they will move up in price.. the reason is simple if your cost of mining a particular coin is $3 in electricity you don't sell just to cover the cost you just hold/HODEL and only sale when it makes sense. so the new supply in the market cuts off and supply/demand price will adjust accordingly.

I am mining and holding.
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:42:17 PM

Those people including me who just entered in dash mining first time and have purchased d3 will not sell dash cheaply and will hold thus decreasing the supply and in this case price will follow hashrate. The dash network will increase more with the supply of A5 and remaining d3 for Nov delivery so IMO dash price will rise more until it is reasonably profitable for mining and reasonable is 8 to 10$ per day and not expecting $ 40 per day
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:43:07 PM

Those people including me who just entered in dash mining first time and have purchased d3 will not sell dash cheaply and will hold thus decreasing the supply and in this case price will follow hashrate. The dash network will increase more with the supply of A5 and remaining d3 for Nov delivery so IMO dash price will rise more until it is reasonably profitable for mining and reasonable is 8 to 10$ per day and not expecting $ 40 per day

I agree 100%
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:55:45 PM

DASH, nor any other protocol's price, will NOT rise because "miners" don't sell it. It will rise because it is a SOLID, USEFUL and ROBUST solution to many needs in the Crypto space. Why can't people get this through their heads? More people are mining DASH now than ever before. Look what the price has done. $280.00 to $445.00. All the while short sighted uneducated "miners" crying and whining, telling other miners NOT to sell their DASH. HAHAHA!! Price is determined by sound fundamentals and basic supply and demand. More buyers, price goes up. More sellers, price goes down. It's just that simple.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
junforever

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:58:03 PM

what the hell caused such a spike in dash price?  not complaining at all but damn...........reason?

i dont see other reason, people who dump btc most likely buy another crypto so 6 hours ago it was bcc now it's dash. it increases price of that crypto and after that u can dump again and invest in another crypto to increase it's price and so on Smiley

and if u have huge amounts u can really make impact like that, so other people do same thing untill u dump again Smiley it's really makes sense

This is one of the reasons https://cointelegraph.com/news/as-bitcoin-rejects-2mb-blocks-dash-prepares-to-implement-them
Dockin

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:08:57 PM

Cheers

I am going to run my D3s because i have been there where coins are marignally profitable you just hold on to it they will move up in price.. the reason is simple if your cost of mining a particular coin is $3 in electricity you don't sell just to cover the cost you just hold/HODEL and only sale when it makes sense. so the new supply in the market cuts off and supply/demand price will adjust accordingly.

I am mining and holding.
At that point, would you not agree that buying Dash outright is more profitable that mining Dash at a loss?
Hoping for a price increase is a horrible mining strategy. If you are so confident that the value of Dash will go up, then buy bother mining it? Why not just buy it now?
Dockin

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:23:01 PM

DASH, nor any other protocol's price, will NOT rise because "miners" don't sell it. It will rise because it is a SOLID, USEFUL and ROBUST solution to many needs in the Crypto space. Why can't people get this through their heads? More people are mining DASH now than ever before. Look what the price has done. $280.00 to $445.00. All the while short sighted uneducated "miners" crying and whining, telling other miners NOT to sell their DASH. HAHAHA!! Price is determined by sound fundamentals and basic supply and demand. More buyers, price goes up. More sellers, price goes down. It's just that simple.
This is the very unwelcome truth. The Dash network is not the same as the Bitcoin network. The demand for Dash is not high, and if it does become higher (becomes worth more), it will be because Dash manages to prove over time that it has higher intrinsic value (low fees, secure, useful.. ect..). If you believe that it will be worth more in the future, get out of the mining business and invest in it directly because you are likely to profit much more doing so. Mining is great for people that believe that they will be able to profit at the current price point of Dash, not because they are expecting to profit because the price will go up.
caymanguy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:12 PM

This is one of the reasons https://cointelegraph.com/news/as-bitcoin-rejects-2mb-blocks-dash-prepares-to-implement-them

As Bitcoin Rejects 2MB Blocks, Dash Prepares to Implement Them

In early 2016, the masternodes that comprise Dash’s governance system voted overwhelmingly to upgrade to 2MB blocks, with 99 percent of the network in favor. Many in the cryptocurrency world saw this as a simple attention-getting gimmick, as Dash’s development priorities became focused elsewhere. However, with the recent release of Dash version 12.2, it looks like larger blocks will be implemented soon.

The version 12.2 upgrade is one step on the way to Dash Evolution, the currency’s plan to make “digital [currencies] be so easy to use your Grandma would use them.” Core developer UdjinM6 wrote of the recent update:

The most notable changes are:

DIP0001 implementation (which is a 2MB block upgrade);
Transaction fee reduction 10x (activates via DIP0001 activation);
InstantSend vulnerability fix (activates via DIP0001 lock in);
PrivateSend improvement which should allow user to have mixed funds available much faster;
Various RPC changes;
Lots of backports from Bitcoin Core and refactoring of our own legacy code which should improve performance and make code more reliable and easier to review;
Experimental HD wallet with BIP39/BIP44 support.
Not needed yet
Of course, larger blocks aren’t needed yet, as the currency does not process enough transactions to fill its current blocks. However, this blocksize increase follows the on-chain scaling plan announced by founder Evan Duffield earlier this year. Duffield announced that through the use of custom hardware, Dash will create a network that can scale to large numbers of transactions by using big blocks.

Duffield wrote:

Many projects in the space believe that on-chain scaling is impossible. That’s simply because they haven’t explored alternative P2P architectures for higher performance. We intend to show just how far an incentivized second tier [masternode] architecture can take a project like Dash.

Bitcoin’s path...and Ethereum’s too
Bitcoin, of course, has chosen to follow a different path. With the planned SegWit2x upgrade officially dead, the currency is now firmly on the path of off-chain scaling through the lightning network or similar solutions. The lightning network is intended to work by moving transactions off-chain onto “payment channels” and then “settling” the result to the Bitcoin Blockchain periodically.

For instance, if Bob pays Alice one BTC, then he later pays her two BTC, and finally sends her 1.5 BTC, that’s three separate transactions that need to be recorded to the Blockchain. With lightning network, however, only the net transaction would need to be posted to the Blockchain once the payment channel was closed. In this case, only one transaction would be posted for a total of 4.5 BTC sent from Bob to Alice.

Critics have asked how often payment channels will really be used, but until the network is deployed, it’s impossible to say. Others suggest that moving transactions off-chain damages the decentralized and immutable nature of Bitcoin. Supporters point out that transactions happen off-chain all the time, for instance on exchanges. No Bitcoin exchange posts a separate transaction to the Blockchain every time funds are moved internally. Only the final result is posted, once a user withdraws funds.

Number two cryptocurrency Ethereum isn’t just sitting on the sidelines, either. The currency plans to implement the “Raiden Network” which will utilize payment channels similar to Bitcoin’s proposed lightning network.

Forks welcome
While Bitcoin assiduously avoids hard forks whenever possible, Dash welcomes them. The key to Dash’s upgrade strategy is the “spork” a mechanism that allows portions of the upgrade to be “turned off” if there is a problem on the network. An example is something called “enforcement.” The Dash network normally requires miners to share the block reward with masternodes; miners who attempt to keep the entire reward to themselves will find their blocks rejected by the network.

However, during an upgrade, enforcement can (and usually is) be turned off. This allows both miners and masternodes a reasonable amount of time to upgrade their software while eliminating the risk of uncontrollable forking caused by one part of the network rejecting the other part.

Best path uncertain
It remains to be seen whether Bitcoin, Ethereum or Dash will be successful in solving the scalability problem. Both the “payment channels” and “really big blocks” scaling methods have their critics, and neither has been thoroughly vetted yet. It’s possible that another solution might emerge in the interim, or that both solutions could be workable.

The one thing that’s certain, however, is that for digital currency to become a real force in the world, tens of thousands of people will need to be able to transact all at the same time. A successful mainstream cryptocurrency must be able to scale to Visa’s level or beyond.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:17:24 PM

Really happy that eBay prices seem to be bouncing up slightly from the $750 lows.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
pennys2pounds

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

Really happy that eBay prices seem to be bouncing up slightly from the $750 lows.

DASH is at $500 that's Why!! Can someone please explain why this hasn't raised the miners payments? Yes I know it's down to difficulty but all these transactions??
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:30:09 PM

S2X guys dumped BTC and they just moved their money to other coins like Dash, probably causing the recent price rise.

There's still more and more miners being turned on so profitability won't instantly go right back up. It's not looking good for the D3 especially with many more competitors ahead but enjoy this while it lasts. Difficulty will likely continue to go up as it has on the Dash chain.
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: