Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
nexus2017

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:50:40 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 10:40:58 AM by nexus2017

Does anyone else have a Nov 1 order that hasn't been marked as shipped yet? I realize that this may sound dumb since we aren't even in Nov yet but I have seen quite a few people on here saying that they've already received their Nov 1 order and that they shipped early.

I doubt very many Nov 1-15th miners have gone out, no word yet on mine

Any update on this? I’m curious as to how many nov orders have been shipped and even received?

Most of 15-25 Sept batch D3 are shipped and waiting for delivery, they still not on network. My miners will be delivered today, you can expect difficult jump in next 7 days. Bitmain screwed us, we all wonder why they selling so profitable Asics, now we know why, they have a lot more profit with presale, when people are blinded with difficulty and profit before they make order...

Very true just for fun my farm of D3 back in August calc would make 85,600 usd a month. It's currently calc at 9700 usd month. Only an 882% loss in profit since then. Lmao one has to laugh at this point. All x11 coins only need to go up 800% to get back on track weeeeeeee!

This is tricky game. And everybody always need to be prepare for all scenarios, not just wet dreams. In current situation, best options is to mine and to save coins until price increase. This strategy is not acceptable for bigger miners, they need to sell some coins to pay electricity. Another problem, 50% of D3 buyers are newbies which even dont know how crypto ecosystem functioning, so they sell immediately everything they got and crying after that because ROI will be more than 6 months....

Not true. For longer period L3+ is running. If you take a look, they have permanently 20US per miner., ROI ROI less then 5months. On D3 there is less then 15US, and going down every day. ROI is maybe be unachivable.
I understand why is price so low, but where is bottom? do not understand why Bitmain and other seller not support X11, they only support BTC BCC, LTC, but not X11 for an example Dash. Without this support they really fckup people. Take look for last batch of L3+ or S9 only i BCC, so they support BCC, but why not help buyer who bought X11. Shame, but who cares.

We had scrypt asic devices on market for several years, it is different situation, point is people bought Asics with calculated ROI 1 year, now everybody crying when ROI is more than 6 months. When people bougt L3+ in presales (first batches), ltc price was 15-20usd, when devices arrived Ltc was 40-50 usd, luck is very important in this game. Scrypt Asics devices in period 2014-2015-2016 was totally unprofitable because ltc was on bottom. Miners which kept their coins in that period now have x20 profit. I am not telling that dash will go 20x up, but DASH easy can manage price around 800-1000 usd in next year. Bitmain supports coins where they can have biggest profit, with Dash coin manage another crew, but stil Bitmain make agreement with Eddufield because their need more coins on market and this is only way to produce them. Maybe D3 profitability will fall on 5-6-7 usd per day in December, but still if you have patient and keep coins, you will make a nice profit. Dont forget, this is stock market, always somebody need to lose.....

I agree with you regarding stock market. Regarding LTC, disagree. If you mine LTC with L3+ you are in the same s..., as with D3 and X11. But LTC is only one coin in scrypt. Profit is not made on LTC if you mine with L3+, then on other scrypt coins. In X11, more or less you have only DASH relative good position, and maybe cannabis and monetaryunit follow it, but rest is currently scam.
So, at least miner vendors of X11 could made/make more effort to support X11, but they do nothing. This is not provocation, these are compiled facts known to me, which does not mean I am right.
I am interested in your opinion.
Also, very interested from where come your prediction about DASH and 800US? Where is support for such price jump?

I agree, there is not much profitable x11 coins, most of x11 coins are scam made in 2014-2015, Helium x11 coin will be released soon, you can try to mine and keep that coin, probably he will be pumped later.

You should follow roadmap for Dash, there are interesting projects and believe me Dash have great team, coin is not so much decentralized, but if profit is most important for you you should believe in Dash Smiley. He jumped 10x in short time, why you think that can not go to 800usd next year, with better starting position, BTC is already positioned a lot better (in USD).
Vendor always chose most profitable option for investments, they always choose coins where they can manipulate easier. What do you think, why Bitmain accept payment only in BCC, that is not because they like BCC, they invest there where can get bigest profit.
Good players in most cases win, patient is most important thing in this game.

I agree about game, but I think you forgot adoption. If you expect DASH to rise only because BTC and some other has better position, I think you are wrong. So, if somebody want to earn on BTC, he can speculate, because BTC is very adopted in USA and rest of world, with big voloatility, LTC is following, but what about DASH? DASH is not so good adopted, you can speculate once, twice, even three times with DASH price, but for forth time you will need some good news, reference, vendors... Not sure that only DASH Evolution will skyrocket DASH price. It must be better adopted to be skyrocket and hold there.
And regarding founder of DASH, they keep a great sum of mined coins, why they do not support rest of miner community and give better awards. I know because of profit. But then story will not last long. I know, they have enough. Sad Are we on the end?

And this part about 10x jump, I would like to be explained why this happened? Who from big players said: "We support DASH", we are going to develop, or we are going to sell our products in market in DASH.
I am afraid if no such reference, at least I cant find it, we are part of big speculation.

And I agree with you, Bitmain invested in BCC and other big players, as I said they only sell now in BCC. But my question again, who investing or planning to invest in X11?
Why X11 is far away from big players? Is something wrong with X11.

DASH has good tech team, but seems not enough, adoption is needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:34:25 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 11:59:05 AM by nexus2017

If this game is only good for founders, it will not last for long. Especially they are in power to do something, since it is very centarilsed, why they do not invest in projects with IBM, Amazon, eBay, Intel, Google, anyone?
They are behaving as guinea pig, only collecting beans, and more beans, and some more beans....give some beans to miner community!

It is not good story to tell people "only keeping DASH for future", miners must sell DASH as well, if expecting from miners to keep investing in mining rigs. So if price is not going to be high at beginning of next Year, and rest of the next Year, I am wondering if somebody will produce X11 miner anymore, because a lot of miner would be in that case fckup, and they will probably announce to not buy X11 game.

I would like to be wrong, but nobody give me good answers on my posts as contra argumnets.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:54:03 AM

What do you think, why Bitmain accept payment only in BCC, that is not because they like BCC, they invest there where can get bigest profit.
Incorrect.  They accept BTC, BCC and LTC  Smiley
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:59:54 AM

What do you think, why Bitmain accept payment only in BCC, that is not because they like BCC, they invest there where can get bigest profit.
Incorrect.  They accept BTC, BCC and LTC  Smiley

You are wrong last two batch only BCC. But that is only small part of this discussion.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:12:03 PM

Have you guys tried this firmware? Sun Oct 15 04:46:36 CST 2017 my D3 came with this firmware but its not on the bitmain website

Miner Type   Antminer D3
Hostname   mauro134
Model   GNU/Linux
Hardware Version   1.0.0.7
Kernel Version   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Sun Oct 15 04:46:36 CST 2017
CGminer Version   4.9.0
Uptime   5:22
Load Average   1.39, 1.20, 1.14

Temperature is high on this firmware around 80 and fan number 2 is always above 5k

Speed (r/min)    4,860    5,940

Im thinking put the previous firmware version, i dont know whats the benefits of this Oct 15 firmware.

Does you D3 miner has a default of 17.5 or 19.3 ghs?

Curious if update to older firmware works. If i recieve my D3 (and is 19.3ghs batch) then i also want to downclock.
19.3 Ghs pulling 1200 watts. I think they just overclocked these units. 537 Frequency.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
zamans98

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

Does anyone else have a Nov 1 order that hasn't been marked as shipped yet? I realize that this may sound dumb since we aren't even in Nov yet but I have seen quite a few people on here saying that they've already received their Nov 1 order and that they shipped early.

Any update on this? I’m curious as to how many nov orders have been shipped and even received?

Most of 15-25 Sept batch D3 are shipped and waiting for delivery, they still not on network. My miners will be delivered today, you can expect difficult jump in next 7 days. Bitmain screwed us, we all wonder why they selling so profitable Asics, now we know why, they have a lot more profit with presale, when people are blinded with difficulty and profit before they make order...

Very true just for fun my farm of D3 back in August calc would make 85,600 usd a month. It's currently calc at 9700 usd month. Only an 882% loss in profit since then. Lmao one has to laugh at this point. All x11 coins only need to go up 800% to get back on track weeeeeeee!

This is tricky game. And everybody always need to be prepare for all scenarios, not just wet dreams. In current situation, best options is to mine and to save coins until price increase. This strategy is not acceptable for bigger miners, they need to sell some coins to pay electricity. Another problem, 50% of D3 buyers are newbies which even dont know how crypto ecosystem functioning, so they sell immediately everything they got and crying after that because ROI will be more than 6 months....

Not true. For longer period L3+ is running. If you take a look, they have permanently 20US per miner., ROI ROI less then 5months. On D3 there is less then 15US, and going down every day. ROI is maybe be unachivable.
I understand why is price so low, but where is bottom? do not understand why Bitmain and other seller not support X11, they only support BTC BCC, LTC, but not X11 for an example Dash. Without this support they really fckup people. Take look for last batch of L3+ or S9 only i BCC, so they support BCC, but why not help buyer who bought X11. Shame, but who cares.

We had scrypt asic devices on market for several years, it is different situation, point is people bought Asics with calculated ROI 1 year, now everybody crying when ROI is more than 6 months. When people bougt L3+ in presales (first batches), ltc price was 15-20usd, when devices arrived Ltc was 40-50 usd, luck is very important in this game. Scrypt Asics devices in period 2014-2015-2016 was totally unprofitable because ltc was on bottom. Miners which kept their coins in that period now have x20 profit. I am not telling that dash will go 20x up, but DASH easy can manage price around 800-1000 usd in next year. Bitmain supports coins where they can have biggest profit, with Dash coin manage another crew, but stil Bitmain make agreement with Eddufield because their need more coins on market and this is only way to produce them. Maybe D3 profitability will fall on 5-6-7 usd per day in December, but still if you have patient and keep coins, you will make a nice profit. Dont forget, this is stock market, always somebody need to lose.....

I agree with you regarding stock market. Regarding LTC, disagree. If you mine LTC with L3+ you are in the same s..., as with D3 and X11. But LTC is only one coin in scrypt. Profit is not made on LTC if you mine with L3+, then on other scrypt coins. In X11, more or less you have only DASH relative good position, and maybe cannabis and monetaryunit follow it, but rest is currently scam.
So, at least miner vendors of X11 could made/make more effort to support X11, but they do nothing. This is not provocation, these are compiled facts known to me, which does not mean I am right.
Also, very interested from where come your prediction about DASH and 800US? Where is support for such price jump?

I agree, there is not much profitable x11 coins, most of x11 coins are scam made in 2014-2015, Helium x11 coin will be released soon, you can try to mine and keep that coin, probably he will be pumped later.

You should follow roadmap for Dash, there are interesting projects and believe me Dash have great team, coin is not so much decentralized, but if profit is most important for you you should believe in Dash Smiley. He jumped 10x in short time, why you think that can not go to 800usd next year, with better starting position, BTC is already positioned a lot better (in USD).
Vendor always chose most profitable option for investments, they always choose coins where they can manipulate easier. What do you think, why Bitmain accept payment only in BCC, that is not because they like BCC, they invest there where can get bigest profit.

why bitmain only accept BCC?? WHY? They need to revive and make market for a loser coin.

because they are the monster behind it. Are u that naive?
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:59:42 PM

why bitmain only accept BCC?? WHY? They need to revive and make market for a loser coin.

Not sure if I understand what are you trying to say, and what is corelation with X11? No need to call people "naive"
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:10:30 PM

Bitmain wants to keep BCH alive for political reasons and to keep their shitcoin profitable for mining when EDA comes online for an extra profitability boost on the SHA256 chain. It’s annoying as hell but also a reminder that more competition in the area of miners is always great. One entity with too much control can create issues we see today like S2X in Bitcoin.

Maybe we’ll even see S2X payment only when that mistake comes out.
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:43:31 PM

Have you guys tried this firmware? Sun Oct 15 04:46:36 CST 2017 my D3 came with this firmware but its not on the bitmain website

Miner Type   Antminer D3
Hostname   mauro134
Model   GNU/Linux
CGminer Version   4.9.0

Temperature is high on this firmware around 80 and fan number 2 is always above 5k

Im thinking put the previous firmware version, i dont know whats the benefits of this Oct 15 firmware.

let me know how the september firmware runs for you. I am also thinking to flash that one on my october batch
cuteman

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:01:33 PM

You are wrong last two batch only BCC. But that is only small part of this discussion.
maybe, but you can see right now they are selling for BTC, BCC and LTC
mikem71

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:14:37 PM

It's amazing how stubborn some people are, instead of just checking the website, some people prefer arguing and misleading others.
Right now from Bitmain's website:

Payment
1. Only BCC(Bitcoin Cash) payment method is accepted in this batch

The same was for the last 3 batches
BCC is Bitmain's coin, why would they support others...
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:24:31 PM

hm, they were declare that batch will be sell in BCC. LTC+ was issue for buyers, at least for my friends looking around to buy some BCC.
But, the point is, they do not support X11 for sell, even they sell ASIC for X11.

So, as somebody say, it is not only because of what they sell, it is because they do minining of Bxx, so they need to support BCC, to make more space to for BTC mining, keep diff at lower level, and once go high, go and mine BCC....
cuteman

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:28:37 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 02:47:24 PM by cuteman

It's amazing how stubborn some people are, instead of just checking the website, some people prefer arguing and misleading others.
Right now from Bitmain's website:

Payment
1. Only BCC(Bitcoin Cash) payment method is accepted in this batch

The same was for the last 3 batches
BCC is Bitmain's coin, why would they support others...

https://imgur.com/njzCW24

pardon I just saw only this picture.  but you re correct, i tried to buy and only BCC option available. Ridiculous, as many don't keep BCC, that is why miners began to sell slower on their site  Smiley
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:50:46 PM

for all these guys that say  Bitmain would not support Dash:

Bitmain  announced that they starting an antpool for Dash without fee
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:10:42 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 04:15:11 PM by nexus2017

I saw.
But they had DASH mining before, I was surpreised it is removed, now is coming back. I am not sure how it will help us.
All of them have 0% for PPLNS.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:38:51 PM

I was little disapointed that Bitmain not accepted Dash for there D3 miners. But still Dash is in most portefoillieus that hold large crypto to spread the risk on btc buyings.
nexus2017

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:19:00 PM

I was little disapointed that Bitmain not accepted Dash for there D3 miners. But still Dash is in most portefoillieus that hold large crypto to spread the risk on btc buyings.

Now they sell L3+ for cca 1700US, which is very close to the price for D3 last batch, 200US diference.
This diference according current earning is 0 after 20days.
zamans98

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:52:20 PM

Not sure if I understand what are you trying to say, and what is corelation with X11? No need to call people "naive"

Did i quote u?

I quote micairvas, he/she said ..."Bitmain accept payment only in BCC, that is not because they like BCC, they invest there where can get bigest profit."

Bitcoin Cash is a product of BITMAIN and Gang, of course they need to make market for it. Simple.
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:08:17 PM

Miner Type   Antminer D3
Hostname   mauro134
Model   GNU/Linux
CGminer Version   4.9.0

let me know how the september firmware runs for you. I am also thinking to flash that one on my october batch

I did downgraded the cgminer binary, but no change as far as I could see. I am not sure if we can just downgrade the complete image. Someone did that already?
cuteman

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

btw they keep all transaction fees for themselves(!)
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: